eFootball (All Platforms)

It's the typical lobby, same since PES 5. You create a room, hosting a match and you wait someone to join. Usually you can lock it with a password, in order to play with your friends without intruders.

View attachment 180120
Just for clarification, you can play your dream team against your friend's dream team as well as play co-op in that lobby, correct?

Lobbies will definitely cut down on the cheating, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed with this news. This should have been part of the initial release last year.

For those of you looking to buy FIFA 23 on PC, (not console) I suggest you wait for the patches, or skipping this game entirely. The game is ass right now. I can handle FIFA's arcade style gameplay, but right now, it's less to do with the game's engine, and more to do with the amount of game breaking bugs and performance issues in the game. Frame rate lags during cutscenes and there are some silly bugs in career mode. I can't enjoy a game if it's full of bugs. And then there this anti-cheat error that prevents you from starting the game. I got around it, I won't doing this shit again until they patch it out. If no update comes out by the end of next week, i'm requesting for the refund. If not for the bugs and poor optimization, it would be a fairly ok game, all things considered. FIFA 23 as of today, plays like Efootball 2022 V 0.9.

So, as of right now, Efootball 23 Version 2. whatever is the best of the worst bunch because it's not as broken as FIFA 23.

Coinami, gives yourselves a round of applause for not being as broken as FIFA. This is the pinnacle of your football gaming arch.

Just for clarification, you can play your dream team against your friend's dream team as well as play co-op in that lobby, correct?

Lobbies will definitely cut down on the cheating, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed with this news. This should have been part of the initial release last year.
I agree, this was always part of the online mode, its like online 1.01, but in the barebones state that the game is, in content, i don't know what to say and don't sound salty.

Now as for the clarification, i am not sure, cause the wording of the announcement is KoNAish enough. It's either as simple as it reads, or hides things behind the translation from Japanese to English.

If it was for more than 2 people, shouldn't it say "friend(s)"?

Also the "Room No"? What does it mean? The room ID/number or a code, cause in most platforms it is written as Password or PIN.

I have totally zero clue and everything is so catered towards Dream Team mode. I wouldn't be surprised if every other modes, except for Dream Team, were halfarsed or will be missing fundamentals.

I talked about 1.1.2 a long time ago so I'll quote myself

I have some post after that too, mostly how they ruin that with 1.14.

My English is not great so... i hope you understand me. The animation was smoother for me, because by then they had mastered this new Inertia feature almost perfectly. Now everything is a complete mess, as I mentioned earlier, the AI doesn't obey almost any laws of physics, changes directions, recovers positions very quickly, sometimes it's devoid of logic (at least on Legend difficulty), breaks animations and makes the game look bad. This smoothness, which was characteristic of the first versions, is already beginning to disappear, and the game is increasingly returning as a feeling and density to the old PES versions, but as I said earlier, to their bad side.

The bad thing is that somehow, they lost the responsiveness (at least in attack, in defence it is not exactly like that.), in certain situations, especially the first touch is now strange and quite unfaithful, dribbling is more difficult firstly because of what I said about the AI reaction and recovery time and because they took away a large part of the responsiveness and the freedom of control. Feints become an idea more difficult now, adding to that the heavy touches of even players like Neymar and Messi makes the game, at least for me, not very enjoyable to play. Again, these are things that are hard to prove because it's all down to personal feeling, and we no longer have the old version of the game for comparisons but just muscle memory and old impressions.
You made me reinstall 1.1.2 (I'm on PC) and I also have 1.0.0 (installed). I played few games on 1.1.2 then back to 1.0.0. For 2.0 I already played a lot (vs CPU)
For dribbling and inertia nothing beats 1.0.0. It perfectly gives you the joy of playing brazil'ish (latino) style of play. Where you can dribble, feint, and take out defenders beautifully. Plus the ability to vary tempo throughout the match. AI on superstar was also reasonable (in v2.0 it's unplayable exactly like you described). The only problem with v1.0.0 was in FUMA the stunning shots and passes are glitched. Otherwise it was the most enjoyable version. With best responsiveness.
V1.0.1 was basically the same as v1.0.0. Konami released it just because they were pissed with Bogo36 team unlocker. It's from 1.1.0 things were going downhill (less inovation, freedom and fluidity, just stiffer and more ridgid overall) with no obvious improvements in the grand scheme of things.
I assume my impressions are accurate since I can play any version within minutes of each other. And not necessarily rely on memory.

It much reminds of when pes2020 demo first version gameplay was the supreme joy but they ruined it later (and refused to get back or build on it).

Last edited:
Fifa lost it's simulation cred years ago, and I have come to accept that. That's why I said the gameplay for Fifa is what it is. It's not a true sim and it will never win a contest with PES in that department. PES on the other hand built it's reputation on simulation style football with it's close attention to detail. They squandered it all releasing this pile of wank.

What? Is that true?
Media still calling it "football simulation". It's became an "E-Sport" simulation : when you see the gameplay where you've got all to do by yourself, i can't call it really arcade, most E-Sport based : reducing the most possible (even making the midfield recoil for YOU to selected a midlefield and attack > excactly what an E-Sport player want)

O.T. Fifa spoiler :
But for us, it's like @Emroth said : it's exhausting, not fun and for what they're aiming for it would be needed a gamepad with 14-16 buttons. But even with it, it should be a brain killer to make associations with everything. Well, you should go to Fifa 23 thread and see the vids and feedbacks seriously, i said it with all respect of course. It's unacceptable even for an Arcade game. It's an "in-universe football" game with the weirdest controls never see, most unnatural ever made, but not for doing triple feints and super Bicycle kick.

PES issues is not that it's became arcade : it's just too beta state to be considered as something with variety and realism. People said the CPU AI is better, Defence is more assisted... There's from vids i saw a enough midfield battle, since the 2nd mate pressing.
But i just can't play it : trying a session for every versions. For all the reason i'm tired to repeat.

It's not about having hope or not for the future. It's it's taking too long to get contents. I understand they need first to rectify everything for the beta stats and bugs in the main mode DreamTeam, but that's enough. To me, the fundamentals aren't that much trow by the windows just some issues with new feature /well like every new game it's not new/, just needs many tests and report to changes things. Especially ball speed like i said.

1. There's missing the difference between a kick and a push on the ball, (Power transfer from a shoot or a pass to need to be reworked : shoots feels like a very strong pass)
2. the Ball speed variation is WAY too light, and the rythm feels always the same. I know stats influence it, but the system from previous PES was much more logic and advanced it that part.
The semi-fox engine could be the issue. I hope not, because it took 7 years to get variations right, so if there's another issues...

Whatever, i talk just for the sake to talk about "what's possible" : but i given up since a long time to wait about or a Efootball complete restoration, or FIFA getting better (i was 100% sure about the outcome of FIFA 23, worst than the two previous... But not at THAT level)

What's needed is a revolution about people wanting a fun-realisitic football game, and part of those people it should have devs, good devs.
I don't know if that's the future of gaming, no one can tell, but i hope it's a fashion that will be erased and "back to the basics" with games sold with full package and mode with a CPU at least challenging and the feeling of scoring back like before.
The Action-Football PES is perhaps incomparable in terms of programming, but the phylosphy was all spot on. Same as FIFA 08 to 14 (except 3-4 versions with "things that's always working")

Last edited:
Football is the most popular sport in the whole world. It just baffles me that we're going into 2023 in such a horrible state for football games. One company can't seem to be able to make content or a half decent presentation, and the other one doesn't even play like football with horrid turn and ball physics. It's incredible and very sad. With such a massive following, there would surely be a huge pool of passionate and footy-knowledgable developers out there, esp with the guaranteed income football games would generate. I think the main issue is just how complicated an 11v11 game is. This is a ton of work and research needed compared to your standard single-player RPG fantasy game.

It's been 25 years we don't have a real fun action-football game, other than first PES and FIFA since PS2-PS3.

I already said, prey for a company said "enough, we want an solid complete football game and we will build it".
But one, football game is very very hard to produce with the incredible amount of players to create, faces and stats (if they man at least found something based on pictures to create automatically faces... There would be some bug but correctible)

Secondary, it's a really garbage regarding licences, fakes, Leagues wich got their own "FIFPro"etc., partnership, etc.

A simple game with 5-6 best Europe league with second division and multiple teams from all around the world (fake or not, even if you have to rename players) and i'll be more than happy. Less teams, more focus, more fidelity regarding players playing style and stenght. There's also a think like Opta but more advanced, don't remember the name.

Unfortunately about Bundesliga which got their own FIFPRO for Bundes players... But the contract was focus for PES not having it : Virtua Pro Football from 06-07 season got Bundesliga 1 and 2 (it's an unknown late PS2 sega retro game, out in the same time as PES 6 so : fail assured in terms of selling)

i talk about it in the retro session (interesting game, more than Football kingdom, to me at least as i don't found that game fun) but that's not the point.
EA blocked started those exclusive stuffs about sports games, killing some games. That's why i hate EA. Not Fifa, it's a branch which has nothing to do with the marketing stuffs, i loved many of those PS3 games and it was deserved... But now i hate even the guys behind Fifa for different reason 🤷‍♂️ Aswell as Kimura too and his group, Konami a bit less as it's more recent, they didn't fucked up any others games from what i remember.

If there was ever a time Konami could gain ground on FIFA it is now. Give it a proper PS5 / Series X / PC update, as well as making a Switch version to.

FIFA is getting worse & worse because the competition currently is non existent.
I agree with you, but there is a Zenos Paradox here.

You are asking/assuming/wishing for KONAMI to take advantage of the momentum.

But KONAMi themselves is "the competition" , that have rendered themselves non-existent by their own actions.

Or is it a Schrödingers paradox? Not sure, take your picks. But the competition, aka the Cat in the Box, is KONAMI.

(Edited, yes, again)
What's sad, it's the silence. But it's an order from the boss and he's right for onec : they (he) talked to much on september (you know who) then they make a 45 degree. turn.

We don't know what to expect, offline, or others things (well all know that PES or wathever name derivated (EF for me is a PES° without edit mode... Won't last long. Youths wants brands new kits and all too. And even that, it's a big priority and not listed already just a "reduced edit mode" > probably names and players faces/stats. I don't wait, neither expect, just said that everything is doable so possible. But i don't give a damn, there's so much older PES/FIFA to play and replay...

So there's nothing about the future talk atm, even most important things online than offline : Edit mode/kits. But it's better like this : Kimura just shut up and they learned to don't promise anything. I'm pretty sure he was the only one happy on the team about the 0.9 lol.
Then, as an advice we shouldn't wait about anything neither, from anyone, neither 2k or whoever. Better to take it as a rebuild or a dead. I won't say i don't care, i would like a NG football experience too.

Silence doesn't mean there won't be changes and novelty; but to me : they're struggling and too few for what they want to purpose as a whole. So as a supposition it may takes twice or four times more than it should.

And who's fault if that's the case? For me it's again Konami's headquarter for not bringing more people on the Efootball departement. Now, there's stuffs i can't found myself in like the game-plan. And like someone said the guy doing the full UI should be untouchable, like the son of the boss or someone linked with Yakuzas or somoene who knows something lol.

But it's also very Japanese with weird colors doesn't matching, psychedelic, so they probably think it's cool. But the can keep that shitty UI, if the game became good, i may completely forget where it come from. At least : good for me, and it's not a matter off gameplay only, just having something to really play or it would be the same : i won't play, they won't force me with their Online Dreamteam.

I love Master league old school which wasn't realistic, but the CPU isn't whatever he may do isn't a jerk who scores a goal at the 1st minute and play the rest with passes on their side, or stuff like this. That' why i gave up online : those cockroaches became innumerable, there was some in FIFA 08 to 14 era, PES 2015 (the only i played online), but we're invaded now. I don't know where they found the fun to play like this. "one vs one is fun!" yeah, but 15-20 years ago with mates and friends. Online is not the same galaxy universe. Too chaotic.

Well, i think until there's really something new, i don't have a long post to send about that game except if there's something interersting to share or debate quietly, but there's nothing.

Last edited:
Stupid cheaters try to lag quit the game and i get the win. Seriously this game and just the people in general in pvp. A bar full of drunk idiots feels like a warm home compared to online games.

Stupid cheaters try to lag quit the game and i get the win. Seriously this game and just the people in general in pvp. A bar full of drunk idiots feels like a warm home compared to online games.
why are you still playing then? I do not get those players complaining everyday about the game and still playing it everyday

If there was ever a time Konami could gain ground on FIFA it is now. Give it a proper PS5 / Series X / PC update, as well as making a Switch version to.

FIFA is getting worse & worse because the competition currently is non existent.
Pes Saga:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 3.42.14 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 3.42.14 PM.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 25
A simple game with 5-6 best Europe league with second division and multiple 48 National teams from all around the world (fake or not, even if you have to rename players) and i'll be more than happy.
As long as it plays good, I'd rather have a game with 48 National teams (just to at least simulate a World Cup) that has proper team playing styles (so you could definitely tell the difference between one team and another offline), good ball physics and AI that at least knows what to do (and does it accordingly).
Fake players? I don't care as long as we have an editor.

Even better it would be if they let us create/share/import teams and leagues (like it happened with Creation Centre in FIFA back in the day) and arrange them to have a proper ML experience.

Jumping between FIFA23 and this I am finding that this feels just a touch more 'urgent', maybe more grounded/weighty and I probably therefore prefer the base gameplay. That said, I actually don't mind FIFA23 at the moment either.

It's a content thing with eFootball at the moment, really. Will be interesting to see how things go once more single player content lands and how they look to scale things. Currrently finding a laptop with a quad core and GTX1070 is lapping new consoles regards performance (at 1080p, granted) so there is without doubt more headroom and optimisation that could be done on the new systems.

I dunno, I watched (briefly) a Spoony Pizza's FIFA23 stream and he was slaughtering this and saying it was for 'noobs'...

...erm, nah. Sure, it will feel mega assisted if *ahem* all you do is field featured superstars with 94ovr or whatever. I simply can't reason how he and other streamers don't get it: players rated 90-ish (and certainly any sitting at mid 90's and above) aren't gonna give you much joy against the AI and it will feel 'for noobs' as a result. Those stupid rated players are designed for online play; ramped up stats (thus ramped up response, power and accuracy in execution of all they do) is a clumsy attempt to paper over the cracks of online performance.

I've all but reset my squad (short of releasing that which I have) and started building a couple more squads with standard 2/3 star players and playing v. Legend and it is pretty damn good fun.

Just give me the single player content.

At this moment in time, even with its flaws, eFootball replicates a better game of football. Just a shame it's missing 90% of the content 😆
Efootball is a more simple game with less animation, less outcome, less possibility, less variation in terms of gameplay when comparing between the two games imo

As long as it plays good, I'd rather have a game with 48 National teams (just to at least simulate a World Cup) that has proper team playing styles (so you could definitely tell the difference between one team and another offline), good ball physics and AI that at least knows what to do (and does it accordingly).
Fake players? I don't care as long as we have an editor.

Even better it would be if they let us create/share/import teams and leagues (like it happened with Creation Centre in FIFA back in the day) and arrange them to have a proper ML experience.
To me National football is kinda dead (well football is half dead but only to me)
That's why i think about leagues. And we won't get a lot of mode with that... Or one league, 2 divisions, and the best of Europe. I don't care, as long as i can do something like a league or career, a very simple ML like very old PS2 versions.... But i don't see anything that kind coming. Neither only NT (which people cares lesser and lesser, we're not in 70-2010 were Football was more a show for Nations, for everyone even those who didn't carried about football.

Also about FIFA, not even comparing to Efootball but ALL logic games before it :
-More animation > it's not a seal of quality if they're bad made and doesn't follow any real life logic. And they're looking pretty weird with the Hypermotion 2.0. It's, like i said in the other thread : players moving like if they were in another universe with others laws.

-More outcomes > same as below, if the ball, power shift, everything is made "in-universe" without following law logic : any game can have 1000 "less subtle" outcomes more than as there's no real life logic. Like you compare a Polar(means Police/dective movie in french sorry) or a Real life based movie vs a Super Heroes movies (and i already naming them before their Marvel stuffs)

-More possibility > same as above : if there's no law retaining players such as inertia, weight shift, ball weight etc., and AI run away from you : more possibility of course... But in attack. By far less in the midfield and defence.
I just remember that 40 meter goal posted in the other thread : it resume the "no real life logic will apply on this game".

And everything i said can be comparable to older until 14 and a bit 16 (limited in the physical area, but good AI)
Efootball got flaws regarding the controls, features, ball physics (but at least they try to follow a logic) but if it's simple : it's also because the logic restrict everything or reduce a lot the impact of stuffs, like for example ball variation not only in rythm but in shoot deviations (i see progress for pass, passes aren't all straight)
Well i still hate the feeling of all regarding ball touches and kicking so i've stopped. There's not as much variations, and no difference between kicking and pushing (for the 150th time) and that was always PES strong point, even it their worst versions.

Last edited:
Played Seasons online yesterday for a couple of hours and it's a complete arcade fest.
BUT! I really don't mind, it's quite fun and the animations look lovely from time to time.

Edit: oops, wrong thread. :)

Last edited:
yyyy.jpg

Pitch condition set to normal. Start the match, play the first half, and after the break, see how the color of the turf can change the perception of graphics. After a break, noon turns to night.

Back
Top Bottom