eFootball (All Platforms)

Played a couple of offline games with the update. Not sure how I feel. Some great moments, including a lovely curling goal from outside the box and a late equaliser v Chelsea but something feels off. Delay from input to actions being one thing, with players not going into a run/knocking ball on when you want them to. Plus passing feels a bit weird. There doesn't seem to be enough consistency with the amount of power in particular, so you feel like you've put in a long enough button press, but it just ends up trickling a short distance. Ball physics still bad too. Keep rollin, rollin, rollin ...

The league I have been a part of for about 6 years, mostly FUMA players, with a custom setup with its own marketplace, fictional currency, transfer system, etc. – this place lives and breathes a new PES update. It's been dying since Konami fucked us over with a re-release of PES 2021, then the eFootball wankery. The one thing maybe hopeful for it is the promise of match lobbies, and eventually a crossplay league. So, here we are, match lobbies finally released (albeit for Dream Team) – I check out the forum, and there's about 4 posts on the game and the update. Before, there would be 4 pages by now. That's what Konami have done with this game, across several communities: they've killed off a franchise and the enthusiasm for it with their unrelenting bullshit.

The league I have been a part of for about 6 years, mostly FUMA players, with a custom setup with its own marketplace, fictional currency, transfer system, etc. – this place lives and breathes a new PES update. It's been dying since Konami fucked us over with a re-release of PES 2021, then the eFootball wankery. The one thing maybe hopeful for it is the promise of match lobbies, and eventually a crossplay league. So, here we are, match lobbies finally released (albeit for Dream Team) – I check out the forum, and there's about 4 posts on the game and the update. Before, there would be 4 pages by now. That's what Konami have done with this game, across several communities: they've killed off a franchise and the enthusiasm for it with their unrelenting bullshit.
Also bear in mind @Durandil67 already found hidden modes but not league/cup modes, so I don't see them releasing offline content this year, I even think we will see it in the last months of 2023

Sigh, match lobby is probably the only redeeming thing about this update. It would be nice to play against your friends or those from the pes/efootball community. Even then, it's a struggle to get hyped for that because there isn't anything else to do in this game. Take away that, and you just have the same shit since April.

Bhatti still talking shit.

So no one mention this ? 44gb for an update on ps4 ? That's basically a whole new game.
It doesn't download 44gb. It rechecks files until it finds files needing updating then it downloads them. Many seem to have a hard time understanding this. Total download on PC for example is about 9gb only even though it initially says 41gb. A lot of people need some basic digital knowledge more in depth than how to connect a controller, especially if they want to criticize something.

Last edited:
Also bear in mind @Durandil67 already found hidden modes but not league/cup modes, so I don't see them releasing offline content this year, I even think we will see it in the last months of 2023
He never found any modes. He just found some text strings and cutscene lists about various future modes (huge difference). Me writing on a paper I have a car doesn't magically spawn one in my garage. But yeah I think we're far from offline modes (vs CPU)
These are his findings
Fa_TncTWQAAtyqK.pngFbAHoRsWAAAS5Iy.png

How many people are even still playing this game to yield them much money from Dream team even? I haven't paid a single cent yet can easily field a 2600+ strength team with all the free points on offer.
Mobile. That's where the money is. Without a mobile version KONAMI would've killed eFootball long ago.

I honestly think we are slowly seeing the end of PES/efootball on consoles and PC.

They had a big opportunity after the transfer window closed to release a DLC with leagues and cups to be the first in the market with new teams and the transfers available. Which could have brought them some users since football was already in full swing in most major leagues.

Instead they are completely focused on having a battle with FUT which they can only lose. My guess is in the next week's we will see more users switch to Fifa since there is more content offered Online and Offline. You can already see more and more players switching to Fifa since it is basically now the only option to have leagues, cups, tournaments and to play coop with friends with real teams.

Especially this year you can also see a shift in tone so my guess is unless Konami realeases a DLC soon, that they will lose a big part of their player base to Fifa.

I really don't understand why they think this is a good strategy

It doesn't download 44gb. It rechecks files until it finds files needing updating then it downloads them. Many seem to have a hard time understanding this. Total download on PC for example is about 9gb only even though it initially says 41gb. A lot of people need some basic digital knowledge more in depth than how to connect a controller, especially if they want to criticize something.
Huh what's wrong with you ? My post was talking about ps4 release tho not steam, if you want to complain then leave it to pesuni tweet.

And yes, i know about the rechecking thing ln steam

Especially this year you can also see a shift in tone so my guess is unless Konami realeases a DLC soon, that they will lose a big part of their player base to Fifa.

Whoever is still playing eFootball wouldn't play FIFA anyways and that's already a very diminute number of players. The "strategy" that KONAMI is employing is simply keeping the game afloat enough for mobile players to keep playing and spending. Mantaining a console version is just a secondary thing now. The devs aren't being paid to release offline content, it's quite obvious KONAMI only want to make money from the game and eFootball cannot afford to direct monetary resources to anything other than myClub because if they do then the money runs out.

It's sad, it's a damned shame but there's nothing we can do. It didn't have to be this way and KONAMI have more than enough money to make a good game both offline and online but they won't bother just like they didn't bother with all the other IP they had like MGS, Silent Hill, etc.

The only reason we're still here is because we care too much to let the game die but this is an abusive relationship and we're just going to keep getting hurt by a company that doesn't care one bit.

I don't blame the devs at all and I imagine working for KONAMI right now must be awful.

EDIT: I've just visited their website. They've released 5 games since eFootball 2021. Look at this fantastic list:
1665092632920.png
2 collections of older games from a series, a pay to win yu ghi oh card game and super bomberman R online which got axed a year after release for having no players.
They don't care anymore.

Last edited:

Sigh, match lobby is probably the only redeeming thing about this update. It would be nice to play against your friends or those from the pes/efootball community. Even then, it's a struggle to get hyped for that because there isn't anything else to do in this game. Take away that, and you just have the same shit since April.

Bhatti still talking shit.

I honestly think we are slowly seeing the end of PES/efootball on consoles and PC.

They had a big opportunity after the transfer window closed to release a DLC with leagues and cups to be the first in the market with new teams and the transfers available. Which could have brought them some users since football was already in full swing in most major leagues.

Instead they are completely focused on having a battle with FUT which they can only lose. My guess is in the next week's we will see more users switch to Fifa since there is more content offered Online and Offline. You can already see more and more players switching to Fifa since it is basically now the only option to have leagues, cups, tournaments and to play coop with friends with real teams.

Three posts which really sum up how I feel right now about this series.

Its heading into a wall, they are losing sight of what people want with their current focus on a ever decreasing userbase with less and less incentives each iteration to keep playing.

There is no way that Dream Team is making them that much money to sustain the game in its current form for another 3-6 months! People can sing about the gameplay all they want but they cant hide the truth which is the game right now is stale and boring. Most of all this is going so far against their desire for realistic gameplay since people aren't exploring it in longer matches and using edit mode to expand what is possible, at least for the 'community' to put their own uniforms to add some personality in this soulless bland mode right now.

We need news very soon on when any offline DLC will arrive or Konami face yet another year being a dead laughing stock everyone abandons.

Can someone please explain to me that we still don't have a selection of balls to pick from, all the weather to pick from, all the difficulties and all the match times. Its been a year and I cannot get my head around this

Yeah I've just tried the new update, it's bad. They've improved dribbling which is good but they made passes too accurate now and the game is way too fast. It's the closest to FIFA it's ever been and that's a really bad thing. The game is faster than FIFA for probably the first time in history. Way too arcadey and open to ping pong passing.

Yeah I've just tried the new update, it's bad. They've improved dribbling which is good but they made passes too accurate now and the game is way too fast. It's the closest to FIFA it's ever been and that's a really bad thing. The game is faster than FIFA for probably the first time in history. Way too arcadey and open to ping pong passing.
Sounds terrible.

I've just paused my patch download...

Don't pause the download, I would never encourage someone to decide to not play something before trying it. And just because I don't like it doesn't mean other people won't too...

Thing is, I like where efootball is (for a couple hrs a week). And I like how compact the gameplay is.
I've read a few people.now say it's too open, too easy, too light.

You've honestly done me a favour.

Disgrace of an update. Ball heavier, players robotic, too many first time passes from cpu. Ball teleguided. I tried to load game with previous exe (PC)but I got a black screen. Suggestions on how to run older exes?

Disgrace of an update. Ball heavier, players robotic, too many first time passes from cpu. Ball teleguided. I tried to load game with previous exe (PC)but I got a black screen. Suggestions on how to run older exes?
I forgot the worst part: ball protection become useless

I sussed out how to get old versions from Steam for the PC version, well, I did a few weeks ago. Quite a bit involved, but if anyone or enough people want me to detail it, i.e. I will try again this weekend and note what I had to do, I will write up a detailed guide.

Luckily, with eFootball Steam allows you to still use the older versions, it doesn't force an auto-update.

I sussed out how to get old versions from Steam for the PC version, well, I did a few weeks ago. Quite a bit involved, but if anyone or enough people want me to detail it, i.e. I will try again this weekend and note what I had to do, I will write up a detailed guide.

Luckily, with eFootball Steam allows you to still use the older versions, it doesn't force an auto-update.
yes please!!

I feel that the ground/lofted through ball is more effective. Maybe they've nerfed the defending? It is more risky to play with high line too.

I have yet to experience the pingpong. The gameplay is still compact and the a.i is still great. They play direct, long, passing around, back to front, they dribble and they adjust mentality depending on situations. Pace is the same imo.
Menu's navigation is more responsive.

Last edited:
I feel that the ground/lofted through ball is more effective. Maybe they've nerfed the defending? It is more risky to play with high line too.

I have yet to experience the pingpong. The gameplay is still compact and the a.i is still great. They play direct, long, passing around, back to front, they dribble and they adjust mentality depending on situations. Pace is the same imo.
Menu's navigation is more responsive.
but try to come out with the keeper when there is 1 vs 1 AI vs your Keeper, AI will ALWAYS lob the Ball over your Keeper, terrible

Back
Top Bottom