eFootball (All Platforms)

Which brought back a question how do you manage matching gameplay with different set of controls.

Controls are not a problem in crossplay. As long as the gameplay is the same (animations, AI, physics, etc) you can just input commands using a keyboard, a gamepad, a light-gun, a toaster, a smart fridge or a touchscreen, technically it shouldn't matter.

I may give it a try myself if I ever get a fancy fridge with android.

Playing EF2023, the big thing that was fixed in 2.0:

- Keeper Exits. No longer legally blind and completely useless when exiting. Still not perfect but it's night and day.

The big thing that is still not fixed:

- Player switching, especially when returning the ball to the keeper on manual controls:

But overall, a more enjoyable experience compared to 1.x.
Thats true in 1.0 they just ran out without any keeper animation past the attacker. Now they at least they try to get the ball.

Do any of you play the events in Dream Team vs AI? Enjoying it very much, think I’ve settled on Top Player for difficulty vs fair challenge for my ability. Not a ML alternative, but made me appreciate the game is doing things very well regarding the gameplay for ‘offline’.

I know the focus is modes and gameplay for many people, but hoping for a visual improvement soon 🙏

Playing a few trial mode matches recently, to test out the game. It feels better than 2022 I guess, but playing the Milan derby today, 3-0 down by half time, and I switched it off. I guess I'm done with eFootball again until I can go Top Player

Yes just started out in dream team and am quite liking it to. Lost and drew 2 of the tour/ event games offline. Near enough getting into div 8 online but yes liking buildup play but scoring is a bit of a mess.

Well f##k 😂, looks like it will run like crap for my PC then.

Also Why tf they still locking the settings ?
Ok i'm quoting myself here, just played 2 games today. Performance is better on medium, high options still sucks. I choose second option in settings.exe i think it's "full screen windowed mode" ?. I can play 60fps during gameplay but cutscenes still stuck at 30fps and sometimes my pc making sound like jet engine during during cutscenes.

Tldr; game performance still sucks cause but it's better than previous one.

One thing can anyone confirm this why i should wait 20 seconds after halftime when i play trial match ? 🤔

Thats what I was wondering, coz I remember that they had a plan to cross platform everything.
Which brought back a question how do you manage matching gameplay with different set of controls.
After my post I did a little search and saw that they are still planning cross platform everything else, which makes sense.

But during my search I stumbled upon another thing. I saw that they are planning to release/unlock more teams, but as a paid DLC. And then they want to add Master League as another paid DLC.
I hope that they wont start milking you guys, asking to pay separately for all sorts of random additions, so you dont end up paying fortune just to get a full experience of offline modes.

Yes, that's a different game, with by far less controls options.

Perhaps i talk about me but before buying a DLC, needs to retry the game on start 2023 if there's changes and rectification about all i hate in that game.
But i don't hate the basics, i won't repeat what i hate and why i don't even give attention "until/if" there's a change on what's matter to me.

Also don't worry about paying a fortune for it.
I/We all will do the maths here before, comparing with games or even Fifa full price, vs they previous versions. Personally i will but won't count at all stuff i don't play.
Just want to buy a simple Exhibition (Versus mode should be better, looks like Divisions vs CPU... But it won't happen) Cup/League mode... League will depends on some ML changes.

At first "Master league" (other name i don't remember) that will be probably the only mode with "exhibition unlock" offline i believe. and "Cup" or "League" later, i'll exemple in the last paragraph about that supposition.
I remember the survey they asked multiple question regens vs keeping old player. Didn't know a single ML player who signed for "regens/old face/same name".
Even if it's a PES 3 ML level of simplicity with not regens : i will rush on it, but i don't hope that much.
But "If" they do it, i won't buy League mode for example. I'm very restricted about the mode i play so... We'll see, just checking time to time when you're bored and play others games like i and you did @Emroth without any waiting and pass to something else or play retro like many of us did / how the game will grow. It's getting better, not like FIFA, at each new patch... So, why not.

I think Edit Mode won't be paid as it's like the "PES survival" or at a very small amount of money. It's already half unlocked on the Mobile game.

Well :
Just making the count about how all the "offline" pack = i talk about a pack for one simple deduction : if they create an ML which is compiling everything : there could also releas DLCs "Cup" and "League"... Even if it's a little, it's a simpl opportunity which won't cost them a penny : a simple copy paste without player evolution is enough.
Don't think it's hard to do at all. Just few menus in more and the 14.99 DLC is done.

Last edited:
Do any of you play the events in Dream Team vs AI? Enjoying it very much, think I’ve settled on Top Player for difficulty vs fair challenge for my ability. Not a ML alternative, but made me appreciate the game is doing things very well regarding the gameplay for ‘offline’.

I know the focus is modes and gameplay for many people, but hoping for a visual improvement soon 🙏

No, because i don't like to play with melted players teams. But the real actual rosters, and have the choice about the team i'll take. Challenging in counterpart alll Liga teams is a good thing.
DreamTeam doesn't purpose that, so even offline it's a no. Even if i liked the game i won't, there's just one thing to resolve. But it's a big one to repair and change. I remember how long it took from PES 2015 to 20XX to get variety on shoot, everything was too straight, all shoots was similar. Acceptable in 2014-15 but it was already a complain. I sincerely think it's like Fox (as it's still a modded Fox as a basis) about ball physics, so i'm afraid it will hard to change, people are complaining about it and they improved it, but just a very tiny bit. We need a new ball, change me that volley ball full of water and the way player kick it/or push it : it's more accurate.

Last edited:
Playing EF2023, the big thing that was fixed in 2.0:

- Keeper Exits. No longer legally blind and completely useless when exiting. Still not perfect but it's night and day.

The big thing that is still not fixed:

- Player switching, especially when returning the ball to the keeper on manual controls:

But overall, a more enjoyable experience compared to 1.x.

Oh wow that's a bad one

Yes, that's a different game, with by far less controls options.
Thats what I meant. If it was, in fact, happening - its not as easy as to say you can configure controls to play it on a toaster. You have a controller that has x amount of buttons and you have a mobile that has one directional pad and 4 buttons.
That would mean that either you play against a bloke who is missing half of the possible input, or that your own gameplay has to be limited to match his abilities.

But none of that matters since they confirmed mobile will not be included in cross platform.

Guy's stop mocking people who like the game. Like if you were "the absolute good taste".
I'm talking generaly, with all the laugh when someone post that he like it. A bit of tolerance is not too much to ask.
We all know that it's a FUT copy F2P and Konami's intention (like every other company, all about money and packs, we all hate) but it's not an argument to say that the DreamTeam is shitty and i don't talk about Online behavior.

Many i don't even put a penny on that turnover got trapped in that mode here, without paying, so it's probably/surely addictive

If he likes the system, it's not a bad system : just for a PES player it's counter-nature. I hate it personally just for it, but never will make laugh about people taste (it's not even a bad objectively taste : it's a different one). He don't talk about gameplay neither.

Guy's stop mocking people who like the game. Like if you were "the absolute good taste".

Correction: mocking someone that is foolish enough to come out with the line "it's a free game! xD!!!11"

I recall there was another user before that kept saying that as well, as if to suggest that the fact it's "free" makes you an ingrate for not wholeheartedly accepting it and patting Konami on the back

Yes it's free until you don't buy packs. There's no obligation to do it. So people can be happy that it's free. But i admit that the way it's said... Is funny.
But if he's super happy that it's free, well... Good for him lol

I agree about the second sentence through, F2P doesn't justify to release whatsoever game. Also, not having to pay for a game where there's nothing to play with instead of one single mode...

Being a pes lover fan all my life. I must to admit this is the first time I see good sights from this game.
Need more development? Yes
Need more gameplay adjusts? Yes
Need optimizacion? Yes
Need more quality? Yes
Need more game modes? Yes
Need League/ML/Cup/BL? Yes
But this is the road

Hi im eFootball v2.0 and I still dont reward playing football like v1.0, I just roll the dice and hand out wins and stupid goals.View attachment 176287
I, too, am incensed that your opponent had four shots on target and the temerity to score one! What is this world coming to? Is nothing sacred? This is yet more irrefutable evidence that the game is rigged. Sort it out, Konami.

YES YES YES!111!! Some one found edit mode (half working) in the game. Hey Konami where can I send you all my money to send me a replica of the fantastic game eFutball 2023. :LMAO:

But is worth it to play it without modding community? I really think not
Modding community is what we give us the tools to make a realistic game with all those details which are often forgotten by konami
For example I can not play a ML without real stadiums. I can not playing against Cadiz in spanish league in efootball stadium. Is just do not realistic for me so I would get bored in 2-3 matches

I, too, am incensed that your opponent had four shots on target and the temerity to score one! What is this world coming to? Is nothing sacred? This is yet more irrefutable evidence that the game is rigged. Sort it out, Konami.
You dont play it that often as you said it so you dont know the annoying scripted patterns like i do after 500 hours. It is funny i get it but its a real problem of the game.

But you lost 0-1.
LOST.

Not for Mobile (that's 100% sure) they given up about the cross-mobile project, said in an small Q/A. Not compatible, and probably never, Mobile players will got to stay with a game even worst than PESMOBILE in gameplay... But they found something else to attract "mobile gamers" (ffs i didn't think i would say that term in my whole life)

The game is looking like a port from Arcade to 8 bits, but miss tons of controls, animations, 30 fps dropping etc.

Like @klashman69 said in a post : good or bad game regarding balance or choices, there's too much variations regarding physics, controls, R2 hypersensibility aswell as Analog stick, animations etc. physics. Except that the ball don't have rhythm variation and it's the "game killer" for many of us, there's variety in trajectory and stats seems pretty important. I'm allergic to the stats and gameplan presentation, it's too small, so for that i just report : not tested myself differences.
Sorry for the O.T. mate.

>

Probably they given up about the cross-platform console vs mobile as the game was too different and too long, hard to decrease the game to mobile level.
When you see both, you understand it was their intentention in august 2021.
So the only good decision is that separation, same as they did with PESMOBILE, but presentation and all are awfully the same with different placements : PESMOBILE got also the same presentation as original PES. Just character and positionning bigger. The presentation design is just shit, not because of mobile. Because the guy(s) behind is/are very bad.

I used it for building my J-League (stats > advanced check, that's all) : i never played anything else seriously Angry bird 7 years ago lol.

But about PC/PS4/PS5/X or S box... There's no mention about it. I'm also asking the same question, perhaps Klashy or one Pesuni could answer it : needs a second notification @klashman69 read the post i quoted, if you got info about it... Thanks.

My opinion: not impossible, even if i think the PS5 version looks a bit smoother in animations transitions etc. and seems overall less weird/laggy to play than on PC, okay on PRO for the feedbacks : and i play offline only.
Don't think it really affect gameplay, but visual experience/feeling. Also colors seems more washed out, i tried 3 (4 with mobile but it doesn't count. Laughable. Only graphims and basic animations are similar in the big line. Controls are cut in more than half.)
I think they ditched the Mobile crossplay idea and now crossplay will only be for console versions.

Game is built for PS4/XBONE with PC and new gen PS5/XBONE NEW whatever its called are simply graphical cosmetic upgrades.

Crossplay isnt ready yet for consoles if im not mistaken.

Last edited:
I think they ditched the Mobile crossplay idea and noe crossplay will onky be for console versions.

Game is built for PS4/XBONE eith PC and new gen PS5/XBONE NEW whatever its called are simply graphical cosmetic upgrades. Crossplay isnt ready yet if im not mistaken
I'm not sure to remember if they tell it clearly but yeah it's not already crossplateform but in preparation (again talking about 2023 stuffs) well i don't really care as i don't think there will be another online mode than Dreamteam. Just simple real team vs real team friendlies, Division or 10v10, but i can make a cross on it, well if ever in 2028 they decide to make a 10v10, it willbe Dreamteam based again.

Well, we're far from having a real NG game, in one side or the other. But from what i've heard it's not running as smooth on a PS4 than on a PRO version neither.
It's made generally for PS4, but does it run as normal like on on a PRO or there's small decreased in FPS etc.? I wonder. Like someone said here it looks like the game is built for a PS4 Pro level so Middle/good range PC.

And yes you can add stuff and details just graphically, more staff around the pitch for example and it won't affect cross-plateform (like when you play with graphical only PC Mods online : it's not affecting anything) same goes for PS5/X/Big PC. Similar game basis, more details and special effects.

But is worth it to play it without modding community? I really think not
Modding community is what we give us the tools to make a realistic game with all those details which are often forgotten by konami
For example I can not play a ML without real stadiums. I can not playing against Cadiz in spanish league in efootball stadium. Is just do not realistic for me so I would get bored in 2-3 matches
We don't have all a big PC mate. To me just O.F. modding is enough to me, even don't care about a Stadium creator. It would be a +.
But at the game status, that's the last thing i would be waiting for if i played.

All i would like is something not too much affected by stadium's shadows too dark....

It's too confusing, it's been years and i still got that incertitude when i play in one side to another.

You dont play it that often as you said it so you dont know the annoying scripted patterns like i do after 500 hours. It is funny i get it but its a real problem of the game.
I'm confident that if I played it 500 hours, I would not believe in the conspiracy theory you subscribe to. God knows how many hours I've poured into PES and I didn't believe it then either – even with the very convincing evidence submitted by many others of end-of-game screenshots and shot counts.

Back
Top Bottom