eFootball (All Platforms)

Everyone says it looks like mobile game.
Did no one think that it might actually be the mobile version, ported to consoles just to test online?
Mobile version runs on unreal engine for a while now.

So would it be a meaningful test for them? Are they simply testing servers? Wouldnt they need to test the full-on ps5 version for it to be a meaningful test? Or can they just test any game running on unreal?

If this is some 25% version of the game, or even the mobile game, you have to wonder why. Why in an age of ps5 games like horizon zero daw, ratchet and clank and FH5 would you conduct this needless piece of self-harm, bewildering your customer base and muddying all your marketing for what is supposed to be your pes revolution (pretty much their own words).

Not in any way a dig at you, just so difficult to believe they'd do this.
It does look.very much like a mobile game with the weird camera movements around the penalty box, the strange post goal camera shift which makes no sense, the dull graphics, the flat pitch, but still...why?

I'm confused, I thought the ps5 version was supposed to be a full fat next gen version so why are they testing cross generational play?

Just seen a youtube video of this...haven´t played it myself.

I´m not sure what to think of this.....yeah it looks frigging awful...I know it´s a beta....but other beta games...did they ever look so bad? :P
I´m not sure about the animations`and ball physics.....they don´t look so smooth to me but that could be cause of the video and....well...it´s a beta, right?
Net physics are awful....kinda like that steel cage thing from 2015.
What I appreciate is, the ball boys and the angle after scoring...looks fine.....they needed a new engine for this......o....k.

Well, let´s wait...Youtube Videos look different, online play with assisted passing and shooting isn´t that fun to watch.
I just feel no need to install this on my PS5....
Tbh it feels more like an alpha. It's too rough. You need to try it.

They also make sure to tell everyone this version is strictly done to test the online stuff.

E4m93FdX0AArIuF
E4oEn2yUcAINvip

No one mentioned the player models?

They literally don't even want to use the proper name so that people don't think that this resembles the actual final game. They didn't even make an announcement and it openly just states Online test version, they want to test connectivity issues etc. They don't even have a background, just a green placeholder, and you guys still think this will be close to the final release build?

Best thing we can do to actually help is play the hell out of it and report any connectivity issues we see.

Not in any way a dig at you
All good. No digs detected. :LOL:
It does look.very much like a mobile game with the weird camera movements around the penalty box, the strange post goal camera shift which makes no sense, the dull graphics, the flat pitch
For me the giveway was the cursor around player itself. Little circle with direction. Thats exactly like mobile version where you need to see the direction you're going coz otherwise its difficult to even move on mobile.

still...why?
Two words - Ko Nami. :LOL:
I just hope that this really is purely a test, using some gimmick version.
Not what they have after 2 years of development....:LOL:

Konami is absolutely the worst at marketing its game. Why can't they release some screenshots to show that this is a barebone build with everything set to lowest graphics possible just to test online?

Also, why do they had to set everything to low to test online stability? Why do i feel they still have issues trying to mantain online stable with a bit more graphically intensive game?

As usual Konami brings more concerns everything they do something new. There is something very wrong with this game development, they are so late that they couldn't even use a beta to test online, but had to use this.

Nothing has changed.

Last edited:
20210624_090644.jpg20210624_090644.jpg

This is what it says.
Work in progress etc.
Nowhere does it say this is not pes 2022.
Whet's your appetite for official release...

Everyone says it looks like mobile game.
Did no one think that it might actually be the mobile version, ported to consoles just to test online?
Mobile version runs on unreal engine for a while now.
I never tried the mobile version. Interesting it's built using UE. And now they're using that version to test servers on consoles? So this leads me to think maybe they're using the mobile version as a base to build the Nextgen version on, since we know it's being built in UE too.

I played one half. The reason being this game, whatever it is, is the most appalling football game I've ever played. I had to quit, I'm sure the other guy understood.

There is nothing, nothing, that represents any improvement on pes 21. If anything, it plays like a beta for that game.
It's just utterly unplayable.

Reasons:

There is no new freedom. The game is as rigid as before, it's simply softer.
There seem to be no ball physics and fewer physics than before.
The players feel heavy, yes, but also like tanks. Dribbling is a nightmare. It feels dumbed down and the control scheme changes border on the sociopathic.
The graphics are simply diabolical.
The only thing that looks right are the players models, but then they stoop whenever they run, like fifa 96.

This simply cannot be pes 22 on ps5. It cant be pes 22 on ps4, it's that bad.
Even as a mobile game it would be terrible.

And if this is in any way the base for pes 22 ps5, then unless it's the 5% version, I honestly dont see anything other than a disaster.

It's honestly so bad that there is simply no way it can be related to pes 22 ps5.

What concerns me is that if it is in any way related to it, then there are clearly no.ball physics. None whatsoever. It's just like pes on ps4. No amount of development can add physics after the fact. They're there from day 1 or not at all. What they can add is physic-animations. not real physics.

I'm hoping that in a couple months, I'll look back on this.post and think "what a strange time that was, how wrong I was, concerned about nothing, hysterical fool..." but honestly, I wonder.
We are 2-3 months from release. How can they not have something better than this to use. Pes 2011 and pes 2016 had great online betas around this time, maybe a little later. This is a grotesque.

That image I posted does not bode well.

This is what confuses me. This all looks like next gen stuff. What does it relate to? Is there more than 1 game out there in wild? Because if this is truly pes 22 and it's the same game I just played, then I have no idea what konami are up to...

Played over 700hrs of 2021 and yeah that is the same game. Aside from some nice pre-match cutscenes and some new goal kicks animations

This is what confuses me. This all looks like next gen stuff. What does it relate to? Is there more than 1 game out there in wild? Because if this is truly pes 22 and it's the same game I just played, then I have no idea what konami are up to...
It's a true Konami™ mishmash :CONF:

It's a true Konami™ mishmash :CONF:

Truly.

I mean honestly, how incompetent must you be as a company to do what they've done today? Release an absolute pile of crap of a game, no proper name, give the impression it bears no relationship to pes 22, but then... actually release it on the juggernaut that is the ps5, where games are actually looking photorealistic, promising potentially spectacular experiences, say absolutely nothing about it, and yet, yet, in the first message the customer sees say how "we hope it whets your appetite for the full release"??

I honestly cannot believe that any company can simultaneously behave in this way and yet also develop a game that blows us all away. Unless we're in the realm of idiot savants... pes 2014-2021 suggest otherwise.

My biggest takeaway (other than the Domino's Double Decadence pizza I had last week) is that, it's different from PES 2020/2021, and therefore I'm just glad we will have something different to play this year.

It does feel, as @Emroth says, like the mobile version ported to PS4/PS5 (I'm on PS5). Nothing more, nothing less.

Which suggests that their base for their super-amazing next-gen wonder-game... is a mobile game. Yay...

It's clearly very early though. There's no individuality whatsoever, every player is the same (but I don't mean that in an exaggerated way, I mean literally, I don't think it's been coded in yet that attributes make a difference).

There are also zero offsides (in the games I played anyway) - the AI is just positionally perfect, so they never happen. It seems to me that "error" or deviation just hasn't been coded in yet.

Now, either that's to make the game quicker (for mobile players) - or this is new code that's at a very basic stage. Does anyone know if the mobile version has these two issues (no real individuality and no offsides)?

I also didn't see a single foul (without deliberately hacking down a player with the slide tackle, at least), but I've read others say there are too many, so I'm not sure what happened in my games...!

There ARE positives though. While everything is still very much "one speed only" (you don't have stages of play that are much faster than others, or rocket shots - the players and the ball move at the same speed all of the time)...

...I DID see more variety in shots, with long shots having MUCH more of a chance of going in, and dribbling felt a little more fun to me, with less "stickiness" and/or lag when it comes to controller input.

The reason being, the ball seems to actually be a separate entity now (HALLELUJAH!) - or at least, it has much more freedom. I didn't see goalkeeper animations speeding up so that they always save certain shots, either.

All very interesting...

Last edited:
Only could play one half.
- Lets ignore the gameplay and graphics as its not 2022 however its just clunky and ugly.... but again its not 2022 i guess.
- Menus are terrible. 90÷ of the time i dont know where my cursor is and your custom button config does not save...but again its not 2022 i guess.
- Online was fine for that 3 minutes. But why would i be testing this.... thing... for hours for free?

Only could play one half.
- Lets ignore the gameplay and graphics as its not 2022 however its just clunky and ugly.... but again its not 2022 i guess.
- Menus are terrible. 90÷ of the time i dont know where my cursor is and your custom button config does not save...but again its not 2022 i guess.
- Online was fine for that 3 minutes. But why would i be testing this.... thing... for hours for free?

If this is in any way their pes 2022, I almost feel sorry for them...

Hi guys, long time no post. Well this was a weird decision by Konami, possibly the strangest thing they've ever done!?

Anyway just had my first game & it's rough as hell........but I kinda liked some of it. This isn't how you go about building hype for something though is it?

Still can't believe this how you would choose showcase the first knowledge of your game, it looks absolutely terrible.

I played one half. The reason being this game, whatever it is, is the most appalling football game I've ever played. I had to quit, I'm sure the other guy understood.

There is nothing, nothing, that represents any improvement on pes 21. If anything, it plays like a beta for that game.
It's just utterly unplayable.

Reasons:

There is no new freedom. The game is as rigid as before, it's simply softer.
There seem to be no ball physics and fewer physics than before.
The players feel heavy, yes, but also like tanks. Dribbling is a nightmare. It feels dumbed down and the control scheme changes border on the sociopathic.
The graphics are simply diabolical.
The only thing that looks right are the players models, but then they stoop whenever they run, like fifa 96.

This simply cannot be pes 22 on ps5. It cant be pes 22 on ps4, it's that bad.
Even as a mobile game it would be terrible.

And if this is in any way the base for pes 22 ps5, then unless it's the 5% version, I honestly dont see anything other than a disaster.

It's honestly so bad that there is simply no way it can be related to pes 22 ps5.

What concerns me is that if it is in any way related to it, then there are clearly no.ball physics. None whatsoever. It's just like pes on ps4. No amount of development can add physics after the fact. They're there from day 1 or not at all. What they can add is physic-animations. not real physics.

I'm hoping that in a couple months, I'll look back on this.post and think "what a strange time that was, how wrong I was, concerned about nothing, hysterical fool..." but honestly, I wonder.
We are 2-3 months from release. How can they not have something better than this to use. Pes 2011 and pes 2016 had great online betas around this time, maybe a little later. This is a grotesque.

That image I posted does not bode well.

Yeah, it's total shit, I mean really, really shit. It feels like something you'd expect as a first stab at a beta by a new developer, and still be underwhelmed by.

Totally agree about no new freedom. Full manual is still there but the whole game feels awful and is still full of so many of the annoyances and limitations of the previous games. No way is this a rebuild from the ground up in terms of gameplay. AI is appalling. Player switching causes your player to go into a brief spasm or run away from the ball, completely breaking the flow. Player awareness is still pathetic.

It feels so clunky and basic. I literally see nothing in this that looks or feels like progress.

As for gfx, I really don't care about them but they're definitely worse than PES18, let alone PES21 (on PS4).

In terms of it being purely a test of online, I played 3 matches and 2 of them crashed about 10 minutes in.

Back
Top Bottom