eFootball (All Platforms)

Are you referring to this joker?
Whether he’s bullshitting or not about being in the know, I believe PES 2022 will be just that.

It will have great graphics but be plagued with the same issues that PES has had the whole of the last generation (poor AI, poor collisions, poor refs, poor modes etc.) and have gameplay geared towards the instant satisfaction of esports & myclub.

Whether he’s bullshitting or not about being in the know, I believe PES 2022 will be just that.

It will have great graphics but be plagued with the same issues that PES has had the whole of the last generation (poor AI, poor collisions, poor refs, poor modes etc.) and have gameplay geared towards the instant satisfaction of esports & myclub.
I think the opposite. I believe, or I just want to believe, KONAMI wants to change the game and it's direction. They changed the name of the game, they changed the engine and the most importantly they decided to wait a year to make something right about the game. They realised the FIFA empire couple years back(finally) and I belive they really want to take PES a whole new level. (Besides, IMO, PES' gameplay has never bad and it won't be in the future)

Is this name change thing actually coming from somewhere reliable? That "New Football Game" Is probably just, you know, a new football game. The PES name still has recognition, they wouldn't abandon it.
Well, they're using a placeholder for a reason.

About the name, well, it's complicated - like a double-edged sword. PES has been a staple name over time and it's basically another vocabulary word for us veterans in football games - when talking about it, too, it's not rare for us to remember the old era of dominance. So it sticks there and that's a positive. But at the same time, young people might not necessarily identify a lot with it: to them, PES evokes other feelings, if they even remember it. Plus there's that whole eSports and eFootball thing that they've been trying to grow on and perhaps they want to make their intentions clearer.

I'd be kinda sad if they abandon it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do some sort of soft reboot in name. Take it as a clean slate, and using the chance reinvent the whole image. I can't really think of an example right now... maybe think like how Internet Explorer was shifted into Edge because of a similar situation: initially good and regarded as the dominant against its competitors, a series of not-so-lucky releases ended up with its name on the floor. So instead of having to deal with all that burden, they just reset the name. It has a little effect on people's perception, and is a good idea if done right.

If they end up changing the name or something I at least hope PES remains as a subtitle, at least.

EDIT: Oh, or it could be just an internal name. Wouldn't be weird if they kept calling it NEW FOOTBALL GAME internally for whatever reason. Game company shenanigans.

There is a demo avaliable on ps4, ps5 and xone/s.

Don't know if it runs but there are plenty of users downloading it.

It's an open beta, it's online only or so it seems. It has crossplay on between PlayStation and Xbox.

The first screen:
What the hell is this? A Game for PS2?
Agree, looks awful. The shadows and field seem REALLY off, like, an actual mobile game or something.

EDIT: More info.
In-game, via PesUniverse:
Info via EditemosPES says:
- It's not a PES2022 beta. Seems to be JUST to test the online features, so we shouldn't panic. There's a chance that this is a very old version from the developers.
- Just four teams and one stadium to choose.
- KONAMI say that we shouldn't look at faces, gestures, boots, etc. I think that clearly tells this is a VERY alpha stage, maybe from a few months ago?
- KONAMI have made a available a site to post comments about this alpha version.

LINK TO THE INFO
https://www.konami.com/wepes/obt/en-us/ps5/

EDIT 2: More screenshots, thanks to PesUniverse

The purpose of the alpha + when it ends:
Pre-match screen:

Last edited:
I fairly sure it's on purpose, it has to be an older developer version. They clearly explain this isn't supposed to be a gameplay/graphics demo, they just want to test the servers for the online to work properly.
But the slow animations and slow turns are still there.. this is gonna be horrible i think.

I hoped that Konami should go back to PES2012-2013 era

İ don't understand is this pes mobile? Because i think there is no difference from pes mobile
I thought so too, the lineup screen is the same or so I read, but you can see the Unreal Engine logo in the main screen. Again, seems that it's just an online performance test, just like the name of the alpha tells.
The beta test will be available till july 8th, and the official announcement should be at july 21.
Yup, that's what I read. Seems like we will be getting PES2022 news pretty soon.

I fairly sure it's on purpose, it has to be an older developer version. They clearly explain this isn't supposed to be a gameplay/graphics demo, they just want to test the servers for the online to work properly.
yep, they wouldn't show the game by a beta test without a proper trailer and official announcement. It wouldnt make any sense from a "marketing" perspective

Lots of cutscenes just before the game, players warming up and stuff. I like the new lineup screen too! But I really hope that's not the actual gameplay, shadows or turf. Looks like a mobile game. The fans also look a bit off, all jumping together at the exact same time.

Ok just saw it on youtube, what i noticed so far during gameplay

- Moving cameraman
- New stadium announcer
- New penalty system like mobile game
- Foul system is a bit silly, someone just get a penalty by just touching player's knee.
- Yoooo there's ball boys on PES 🤣, I just saw it the keeper asking for new ball from ball boys haha
- Madlad they bring back pre-match jacket training, atleast during formation cutscene
- Stadium announcer just wishing a happy birthday to someone, lol 🎂

Last edited:
I’m going to download it and give it a go. While I’m aware it’s not supposed to be representative of the final game, in terms of animation, it looks exactly like the previous iterations.

Pretty underwhelming even if it’s a build from 4 months ago. Especially when they’ve missed a year out.

maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Had a go tonight, I didn't think it even looked bad all things considered.

My biggest takeaway was they've changed the control scheme which is pretty hard to adjust to when you have no choice but to be thrust into intense online matches & no sort of training or tutorial environment.

I saw a few new nice animations especially goalkeeper saves.

Although the main purpose is to test the servers, it is a very good game, I think Konami is really working on pes this year and the game is only 6 GB at the moment.

A few things after a couple of games
Looks like ass
Plays like This is Football making a comeback, quite loose at least at first
No right stick player switching
Passing assist 4 is now the default option 1, although they may have altered the system, Manual is passing option 4
Switched sprinting R2 which threw me off, but can be changed, some controlling options seem to be just gone
Seriously, it looks so bad, the no shadows thing doesn't help either
No real midfield, pretty easy to pick up the ball and sprint through it
The most interesting thing I saw was that twice my players just forgot the ball mid-sprint, it just came away from their feet.
Through passes very over powered, and I could not make a decent basic shot. Can't really judge the manual passing yet.
Completely different gameplay, but old in-game animations (after fouls) give its DNA away.
Did I mention how bad it looks, I had one goal against me and when the ball hit the net, every soul who ever played Football Kingdom cried out in pain
I am quite excited about how different it is, although right now it feels off.

Back
Top Bottom