eFootball (All Platforms)

1 game, 2-0 up and the person disconnects. I mean what’s the point in online gaming. People have no backbone.

it was pretty poor for me. I’m not a fan of Fifa and I’m well aware of people hating comparisons but that is miles away from Fifa 21 PS5 version.

Evan an online beta shouldn't be released in that visual state. It just raises concerns for people.

I find it concerning that one of the pre match menu says “ we hope this wets your appetite” as if there is something there to be proud of.

Played few games the gameplay is quite good, it’s slow I don’t know if it’s cuz of the lag or just the game ain’t smooth yet, it does show potential, they are clearly aiming for realism which is good. Also goddamn the graphics are so bad, I’m thinking this is probably just for beta cuz no way that’s the final product when they keep saying photorealism.

wouldnt count on it, PC is like the lowest priority for Konami
really sad, they should priority it, but when its only an online test it doesnt matter.
i cant remember seeing any game which has done an online test before showing any gameplay videos/leaks but okay, thats Konami 🤣 they also releasing without any big Announcement all DLCs for the game 2021/2020

Downloading now, but what I've seen so far on Youtube, I'm BLOWN AWAY by what I've seen so far. Obviously, I have low expectations. But the pace, the movement speed/animations, the freeness of the ball. I think this looks fantastic, and that's on a crappy Youtube screen. I'm not even considering the graphics or lighting. Not sure why people are. PES won't fail in that regard. Especially not on next gen. I think people will hate how slow this is and it will get ripped to shreds in a few months though

It's an open beta, it's online only or so it seems. It has crossplay on between PlayStation and Xbox.

The first screen:
Agree, looks awful. The shadows and field seem REALLY off, like, an actual mobile game or something.

EDIT: More info.
In-game, via PesUniverse:
Info via EditemosPES says:
- It's not a PES2022 beta. Seems to be JUST to test the online features, so we shouldn't panic. There's a chance that this is a very old version from the developers.
- Just four teams and one stadium to choose.
- KONAMI say that we shouldn't look at faces, gestures, boots, etc. I think that clearly tells this is a VERY alpha stage, maybe from a few months ago?
- KONAMI have made a available a site to post comments about this alpha version.

LINK TO THE INFO
https://www.konami.com/wepes/obt/en-us/ps5/

EDIT 2: More screenshots, thanks to PesUniverse

The purpose of the alpha + when it ends:
Pre-match screen:
This guy PESvicio is currently livestreaming it
Edit: Man all those cutscenes in the prematch menu!View attachment 107096
View attachment 107098
Can you show pictures of scoreboard? During game?

Downloaded it on my PS4, at first I though it wasn't worth the time since I don't have PS Plus, so I can't play online matches anyway, which is all this is, but to my surprise it let me play, so I played 3 matches.

The PS4 version looks almost identical to the PS5, I wonder if this means there's a chance of them releasing the real PES2022 on PS4 instead of just another Fox Engine game.

The first thing I must say is that I like the looks, kind of, I know it's not objectively good and that it'll get changed lots in the final game, also the lighting is very off, but the grass on night matches to me has a much more natural color than PES2021's, the green is easier on the eyes and I appreciate that.

The football itself, well, I'm not an online player, so naturally the difference to me was very noticeable, but I don't know how much of that feeling is due to going from offline to online, and how much it's from the actual gameplay changes. Still, I feel very confident in saying that this is very different indeed, the controls are different, the speed and movement feels different, there's more passing error, there are more fouls, I like it overall, I just hope we get to play against the AI soon, since online really isn't my thing. It felt slow and unresponsive at times, but again I'm not sure how much of that is due to the online aspect, maybe it's my connection or something, or if it's the direction they're going for, I like it when the pace isn't ridiculously fast, since it can be annoying to try following what's going on, and it's more tiresome and stressful to keep up with, but too slow can also be bad, I'm not sure if I'm happy with the pace or not yet, again I'm gonna have to wait until I can play against the AI offline, which is what I'm actually familiar with and into.

I lost my first two matches quite badly, conceded over 5 goals in both and only scored 1, didn't quit though, I'm not playing it to win or anything like that, I'm playing for the sake of playing the game itself and experiencing the gameplay, so I stayed until the very end each time, conceded goal after goal, but I had my chances and plays too, and when I got a nice play off, it felt pretty good, just messed up in front of goal really, and the defending, because not only am I not familiar with defending against real players, the defending system itself feels changed overall. The last match I was actually drawing 1-1, but then it ended because it was time for server maintenance or something, so very anticlimactic, just when I actually had a chance of not losing by 5 goals of difference, but that's ok.

Don't know what to think really, then again the purpose of this is to test the online, not the gameplay, the current developement must be way ahead of this, but it's impossible to not think about the gameplay and discuss it, and honestly, I like it, but I'm not fully sold on it yet, it has promise, but PES has shown promise many times before and messed it all up, so I'll just be cautiously optimistic for now.

Wouldn't read too much into the visual aspect of this Beta, because from what I know PES Mobile does use the Unreal Engine for about 2-3 Years now, so it could be that many of the animations, cutscenes and other stuff may have been imported just for the sake that it can function for testing purposes and not to reveal how the final game will look like, because that would be a marketing disaster.

I don't understand people saying it looks awful, because Konami released the Teaser like a Year ago showcasing the Kit and Player model of Messi in all its glory. There is no way the Game will look like this, if it does IGN and others will have a field day with PES. The elements that are a breath of fresh air are things like the Presentation (Pre-Match Warmup, Sprinklers, working Ball-boys etc.)

It's amazing it took Konami 8 Games and a whole Engine later to realize this is immersion.

For a rough version it was pretty fun. There was more freedom with the movement and the ball physics.

The lighting though needs to be improved. It reminds me of FIFA 08.

Though I'm not sure the laginess is from the game or online play.

Wait... what just happen .... What do I miss?? I just went to bed and now .. come to work and I saw all this " madness " ... how to work now? impossible...
The animation, gameplay and graphics they look painfully raw... And ... it seems that they will remove "PES" on behalf of the game .... sad ...

Official announcement coming on July 21st :THINK:
It definitely looks like a slightly upgraded mobile version of the game. I know we all know how Konami is... but to me this is clearly a bare-bones version put together for the purpose of this test. Not concerned about graphics right now, happy about the gameplay feedback and presentation improvements! Please, please don't mess this up! (again, knowing Konami but still... :PRAY:)

This is either a huge letdown or the first time in gaming history a developer has released a beta that bears no resemblance to its final (ps5) product.

Assuming it's the first, or even a mix of the two...

I wasnt expecting to have to peer closely to see the changes. I was expecting to see a clear step-change, even allowing for konami's past history.

Yes it looks more free (I'm downloading and will report back soon) but it still looks like an evolution of the ps4 physics paradigm ie the players are stuck to the pitch and locked into each other. Fifa 16 looks better in this regard. For instance, the betting games, although just cgi, show how lacking in freedom of movement through space, how chained down players are in pes, and to a lesser extent in fifa. I was really hoping for some unchaning of the players from this invisible grid.

You can see where the potential for change is in this, if this is the ps4 version, and let's hope it is. It looks like a freed up pes 21. But that really wasnt what I was hoping for, especially with all this talk of photorealism (although konami have displayed this kind of deluded thinking before).

Not in any way a rant. Just a sense of disappointment mixed with hope this is an extremely rough version, or simply the ps4 version (which raises questions about how konami have developed the ps5 version if its fully cross-gen)

what.... why ??? Now.. close control is just LS ... !? Next time maybe will be without touching the gamepad at all... why they do that... they want to make Dummer and easy as possible... but.. what if you wanna just turn back.. without Dragback and close control? What do you need to " push .. RS ??

And whole this " close secret open alpha beta " is BS... again RP fails if you ask me! Yes, I expect to have beta, but ... just like that.. it's not even a PES game.. ahhh... Konami.. what are you doing...

Wouldn't read too much into the visual aspect of this Beta, because from what I know PES Mobile does use the Unreal Engine for about 2-3 Years now, so it could be that many of the animations, cutscenes and other stuff may have been imported just for the sake that it can function for testing purposes and not to reveal how the final game will look like, because that would be a marketing disaster.

I don't understand people saying it looks awful, because Konami released the Teaser like a Year ago showcasing the Kit and Player model of Messi in all its glory. There is no way the Game will look like this, if it does IGN and others will have a field day with PES. The elements that are a breath of fresh air are things like the Presentation (Pre-Match Warmup, Sprinklers, working Ball-boys etc.)

It's amazing it took Konami 8 Games and a whole Engine later to realize this is immersion.
100% agree. I hope I'm not being too optimistic, but this just seems like pure testing, not an actual showcase of the game. We have to wait until July 21st.

Official announcement coming on July 21st :THINK:
It definitely looks like a slightly upgraded mobile version of the game. I know we all know how Konami is... but to me this is clearly a bare-bones version put together for the purpose of this test. Not concerned about graphics right now, happy about the gameplay feedback and presentation improvements! Please, please don't mess this up! (again, knowing Konami but still... :PRAY:)
So people who are playing this on PS5 are playing a mobile game? That’s what you say? Imagine the graphics on console version, will look stunning

This is interesting...

Maybe he's wrong, but the minifaces added in the latest datapack look like they were rendered with Fox Engine.

Lighting looks quite different.

Also, I've seen an image posted a few times on Twitter that says that this pre-alpha isn't even 25% of the game, but I haven't been able to find that.

Last edited:
Just seen a youtube video of this...haven´t played it myself.

I´m not sure what to think of this.....yeah it looks frigging awful...I know it´s a beta....but other beta games...did they ever look so bad? :P
I´m not sure about the animations`and ball physics.....they don´t look so smooth to me but that could be cause of the video and....well...it´s a beta, right?
Net physics are awful....kinda like that steel cage thing from 2015.
What I appreciate is, the ball boys and the angle after scoring...looks fine.....they needed a new engine for this......o....k.

Well, let´s wait...Youtube Videos look different, online play with assisted passing and shooting isn´t that fun to watch.
I just feel no need to install this on my PS5....

So people who are playing this on PS5 are playing a mobile game? That’s what you say? Imagine the graphics on console version, will look stunning
I'm just saying it much more closely resembles the mobile game than what we'd expect from the final product. They've put out a tiny sample for the purpose of testing online functionality. I cannot, even in the most Konami moment ever, see this as being close to final, it'd be the mother of all downgrades and the final nail in the coffin for the series.
Also, I've seen an image posted a few times on Twitter that says that this pre-alpha isn't even 25% of the game, but I haven't been able to find that.
Ah, yes, the percentage talks, good memories! 🤤

Back
Top Bottom