eFootball (All Platforms)

Gamers don't dictate when games are released. Executives do. If anyone needs to be more patient it is them. But that's never going to happen because the most important thing to any executive of a publicly traded company are quarterly and yearly financial reports because that's what makes shareholders happy. That's why year after year things are forced out ahead of Christmas because it looks good on this financial year's reports.

And to add to that, live service gaming has been terribly executed and most developers need to move on from it. If you plan on releasing a game and having a roadmap outlining future dlc/updates, you need to release ample content initially in order to give your playerbase something to do while waiting for said additional dlc. It used to be you made a full game then released expansions packs. Now it's releasing a game piecemeal and that isn't working. It didn't work for anthem, it didn't work for BFV, and it isn't working for BF2042.

And then there's eFoot 2022. A glorified alpha that Konami had the audacity to charge for a premium pack (they've since stopped selling it). The release and reception of the game should be a warning to every developer and publisher, big and small, that the live service model isn't the ideal one for every game. But unfortunately, as long as it remains financially viable, executives will argue for it.
Konami, a AAA publisher, believes that by giving the playersbase some fucking virtual coins for a game that is as bare bones as Superman 64 and plays like a pre alpha build is sufficient content until version 1.0 comes out. 🤣🤣🤣

I can forgive a small studio for trying their best with their limitations in their development, but billion dollar company that can hire all the best developers in the world and pay for their services? Nope. Some of these publishers have made the conscious decision to make as much money as possible doing the bare minimum with their games.

The era of dlc and later online game fixes should end, it threatens to ruin every beautiful game we love and every promising game to come, it has already ruined PES, FIFA, GTA, Battlefield, Cyperpunk, No Man's Sky and I can go on and on till the next day, yes some of them were fixed "later" but the damage has already been done.
It will get worse.

Physical consoles will get replaced by google stadia like streaming garbage and then you wont even be access the game once they decide to no longer stream the games [licensing issues and all other shit like that].

Konami, a AAA publisher, believes that by giving the playersbase some fucking virtual coins for a game that is as bare bones as Superman 64 and plays like a pre alpha build is sufficient content until version 1.0 comes out. 🤣🤣🤣

I can forgive a small studio for trying their best with their limitations in their development, but billion dollar company that can hire all the best developers in the world and pay for their services? Nope. Some of these publishers have made the conscious decision to make as much money as possible doing the bare minimum with their games.
There's a formula and pretty much every major publisher is following it. Sometimes people push it a little too far like Konami has done.

I still don't understand where the "sharp kick" version of the game is. There were people, I believe even some of this forum, who have played a version of the game that hasn't been seen by anyone so far. And the people who played this version said it was good, no outrage, no extreme inertia being reported, no player switching difficulties, no bugs with physical defending mentioned, sharp kicks and sharp long balls in it. Where is this version?!
According to Camaldinho, that version of the game that they played wasn't much different than what we got now. Some others might have exaggerated and said it was good, but the general consensus was that the version wasn't as well polished as the previous PES games, but slightly better than Efootball's version 0.9. It's hard to ascertain what "slightly better" means in this context. I guess it's potpourri sprinkled over a turd, perhaps? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
There's a formula and pretty much every major publisher is following it. Sometimes people push it a little too far like Konami has done.
Yes, all the major AAA companies do it. Even the lesser known publishers do it too, but not to the extreme that companies like EA, Konami, Activision, or Ubisoft. I guess I was being a little too generous there. 😆

Reinstalled what I regard as the "EFootball alpha" for the first time today since the shambolic launch just to see the condition of the game since the 0.91 update and I have to admit its still a shambles but the ai in the annoyingly limited exhibition shows a glimmer of promise.

I stand by my original comments that it needs some extraordinary effort from the devs to make it a worthy successor to the PES franchise. Only time will determine the fate of this game that makes PES 2014 look like a masterpiece.

I still can't believe they haven't unlocked the difficulty & game time settings for console exhibition matches. It's beyond madness they've left it like this for so long as it's such a simple thing to implement. Unbelievable.
Konami devs are continuing to treat this game like a Lite version by implementing strict limitions on exhibition. Ironically, on Xbox if you launch the game during the installation process or are playing for the first time in the practice match it will allow you to play a 10 minute exhibition.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure after this joke of a game ,it's been in the same state (if I understand you all correctly)since release ,and it does look to have any thing going fw ,that Pes if not next year ,then within 2-3 years will be re released again.

Until I saw the adverts running around Old Trafford last night, I kinda forgot this game exists.

I see from their (lack of) social output that they're still on holiday. Smart move, go to ground until people forget you exist. Even smarter move if you return with a decent finish product but I'm not holding my breath!

Back
Top Bottom