eFootball (All Platforms)

I guess each to their own but I see this as obvious blind brand loyalty.View attachment 122079
Most people are idiots who think they're making a pre-order of the game, not LOTBOX packages, which they can't use 2 months after coming out. Many people ask me "does the new PES cost that much? Because a new PS5 game for 49 euros is not bad".

Last edited:
Most people are idiots who think they're making a pre-order of the game, not LOTBOX packages, which they can't use 2 months after coming out. Many people ask me "does the new PES cost that much? Because a new PS5 game for 49 euros is not bad".
definitely think that we could end up with a lawsuit threat at the end of this, the marketing hasn't been good or clear or consistent at all.

although i believe most people know what the game is and what the pre-order situation is, there will be those that blindly click the pre-order button after seeing the price knowing it's simply a continuation of the Konami PES/Efootball series and when they launch the game for the first time on release day and see they can only play a local game between 9 teams they are going to be furious...

I can't believe people pay for this sort of thing, let alone that much AND as a pre-order. I also assume, unlike a traditional pre-order for an actual game, the money comes straight out of their accounts when they pre-order this, rather than them being charged when they can actually use it?

I have the same oppinion you do, but then i see this kind of things (see attachment), and start to think that maybe we are the ones wrong. How are people willing to trow money at something they will not be abble to make use for at least almost 2 months, and something that could be tetris disguised with a football theme ,, since they did´t show us nothing apart from powerpoint trailer, is beyond me.

So i guess we are really the old ones who nowadays don´t know nothing about gaming, and dont just burn money on everything companies throw at us, and i am really really glad to stay like this.

This is fastly becoming like the mobile phones companies, were you get every year little improvements in camera, and CPU and pay another 1000 plus €, just for the sake of it and to show people you dont know, that you have the "creme de la creme" of smart phones (or at least the last one).

After seeing this i am now willing to believe that 80% of the "new crowd" they are aiming for is going to spend 80$ just to have all the players in that Lootbox package, and this will be seen as an unprecedent genious move from Koinami.

Attachments

• Efootball.PNG
    Efootball.PNG
    524.1 KB · Views: 129
9 days to go and you are able to play finally the pachinko epokerfootball for good.

*Currently, there is an issue with the pre-order of the eFootball™ 2022 Premium Player Pack via the PlayStation™Store when attempting to do so from a PlayStation®4 console. A fix is currently being worked on, but in the meanwhile please withhold from pre-ordering. Also, note that pre-ordering the product in the PlayStation™Store without using the discount link in-game will not grant the discount.
It keeps dark and more dark then i tought.

Attachments

• troll-pilled.gif
    troll-pilled.gif
    724.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Konami made eFootball presentation and from what I heard nothing was impactful, pretty close to what they presented in Japan and Hong Kong. I want to play, I do not want to waste time watching gameplay, I want to play.
Konami keeps annoying with the video jokes all months and you realize they will change the data game only in the release date like idiots. They just only care about your money. I did love PES before, now it's too way far enough.

I have the same oppinion you do, but then i see this kind of things (see attachment), and start to think that maybe we are the ones wrong. How are people willing to trow money at something they will not be abble to make use for at least almost 2 months, and something that could be tetris disguised with a football theme ,, since they did´t show us nothing apart from powerpoint trailer, is beyond me.

So i guess we are really the old ones who nowadays don´t know nothing about gaming, and dont just burn money on everything companies throw at us, and i am really really glad to stay like this.

This is fastly becoming like the mobile phones companies, were you get every year little improvements in camera, and CPU and pay another 1000 plus €, just for the sake of it and to show people you dont know, that you have the "creme de la creme" of smart phones (or at least the last one).

After seeing this i am now willing to believe that 80% of the "new crowd" they are aiming for is going to spend 80$ just to have all the players in that Lootbox package, and this will be seen as an unprecedent genious move from Koinami.

If we look at the store from the perspective of a casual user who just seeks entertainment and doesn't informs itself about the game from reliable sources, and also if he doesn't read the description could be a challenge to distinguish what's with this particular product . As @robbieryan pointed good, the title could mislead people into thinking that's a regular continuation in the series as it's structured on the store like this [Pre-order] eFootball 2022, then on the bottom Premium Player Pack (the pack giving the impression like some kind of preorder bonus for the base game). Instead the title should inform correctly with those words reversed as "Pre-order Premium Player Pack for eFootball 2022".

That was typed in this particular manner deliberately to catch some "fish" with it before the launch, and for that reason they didn't showed any gameplay, so the confusion about the game will grow even bigger. Also it's laughable if we watch the main page with this pack there, like it's the only product between other games where the price it's not actually chained to the base game, but wants to give the impression that's a price for preordering a full release... So they are trying to trick people into preordering it two months prior desguised as some sort of base game with the pack as a bonus, because I don't think those consumables (player packs / coins / etc) can be refunded once you enter on the 30th, so those bonuses will be activated to that specific account...

Last edited:
Again, as I'm not a massive gamer (I reckon I've owned about 10 non-football games in the last 20 years) I don't know much about Konami's previous, so read up about it after this post. Holy. Fucking. Fuck. The MGS pachinko machine the 'highlight'. Redefining selling out.
Aye, and after this fact there was overwhelming demand and support for a MGS3 Remake/remaster seeing as it seemed most of the assets had been remade anyway, so Konami obviously knew it was achievable but yet seemed so tone deaf to how this was all going to be reviewed at the same time.

It probably would have been profitable too considering most of the work was done but they declined and just stuck to the pachinko model instead.

It reminds me of when Square Enix would tease & botch FF7 remake hopes for years before it was officially being remade. Just no sensitivity or self awareness when it comes to their fan bases it seems. I wonder if it's a common thing for Japanese companies even, to be so closed off from their communities sensibilities.

It is also underhanded as I have PES 22 (Game) on my PSN favourites and it flashed up that it was ready for purchase. If you were casual and weren't paying attention, you can easily purchases it thinking it's the game.

Not everyone will be aware of the FTP this year.

I guess each to their own but I see this as obvious blind brand loyalty.View attachment 122079
I keep pointing this out and it keeps escaping notice. I'm gonna try again lol:

If you downloaded NFG and have it in your library, it now appears to your friends that YOU have pre-ordered the premium player pack. That's how I appear to my friends, and it's why loads on my friends list appear to have pre-ordered it too.

The reason seems to be this: though there is not yet an eFootball game package or page on the PSN store, there is one for the preorder pack; Konami, out of (possibly) laziness/incompetence, have simply rebadged the NFG package, changing the name and image (although, funnily, this didn't work with the thumbnail and name in the cache for some time, which is why people shared shots of them downloading eFootball but with the NFG name and thumbnail in the corner).

Here is my library:
IMG-20210916-WA0019.jpg

As you see, apparently I already have the game!

It adds even more credence to the idea that NFG was basically the same thing as whatever shite they're releasing.

Separately, I don't know how deliberate this is. There's an outside chance they've done it precisely because it shows to your friends that you've pre-ordered, further drumming up demand and FOMO. I really hope not, because that is especially scummy. It's also possible they're just fucking lazy though. (That said, it appears they bought fake social media followers recently, and they had a suspiciously positive like count on their trailers within a couple minutes of release.)

In any case: don't go by screenshots of PSN pre-orders until and unless they actually fix this. I wonder what real demand there is.

Edit: example of the shoddy rebadging in action -

Last edited:
Btw, a side point and I don't want to dredge up the full discussion again – but I noticed @The_Knight say (in eFootball's favour) that they've scrapped the need for PS+ now. That's false: you already didn't need it to play the Lite version for some time now. I'm less confident about it, but I think also maybe you didn't even need it for PES full version in the last couple of years.

So it's not something we can lump into the "Konami are being nice actually" box.

If you downloaded NFG and have it in your library, it now appears to your friends that YOU have pre-ordered the premium player pack. That's how I appear to my friends, and it's why loads on my friends list appear to have pre-ordered it too.

The reason seems to be this: though there is not yet an eFootball game package or page on the PSN store, there is one for the preorder pack; Konami, out of (possibly) laziness/incompetence, have simply rebadged the NFG package, changing the name and image (although, funnily, this didn't work with the thumbnail and name in the cache for some time, which is why people shared shots of them downloading eFootball but with the NFG name and thumbnail in the corner).

Here is my library:
View attachment 122157

It adds even more credence to the idea that NFG was basically the same thing as whatever shite they're releasing.

Separately, I don't know how deliberate this is. There's an outside chance they've done it precisely because it shows to your friends that you've pre-ordered, further drumming up demand and FOMO. I really hope not, because that is especially scummy. It's also possible they're just fucking lazy though. (That said, it appears they bought fake social media followers recently, and they had a suspiciously positive like count on their trailers within a couple minutes of release.)

In any case: don't go by screenshots of PSN pre-orders until and unless they actually fix this. I wonder what real demand there is.
Also: please don't judge my library! :LOL: I always just add the free PS+ games to library, and occasionally try something friends play (Warzone). Only games there I actually play: UFC4 and FFVII: Remake (second playthrough – my personal GOTY last year!). Started Days Gone but I'm struggling to get past the most annoying voice acting/audio design and character I've come across in years!

Not technically, because for an early access game you normally pay a price for the entire package (excluding dlcs) and you can have the version 1.0 from the get go for the same price as an example that passes through my mind is Dead Cells (but as you know are many) that was in early access with its cheaper base price, then on the 1.0 official release they charged 10% more eventually but just for those who purchased it when was completely "finished". In other hand with eFootball it's little bit nasty because it's free from the start, not technically a demo but not a full game, where you can preorder stuff that you can't officially use in the game until two months latter. I mean it's a weird situation here with this game because I never saw something like it, so Konami surprised many over the night with this special hybrid tactic... Tbh, I don't even know if this will work for them knowing this system feels too aggressive like directly "in your face"...

isnt it the word preorder some dribbling itself?

how can you "preorder" something free, but in this "preorder" you dont "get" the game

im no expert in how these things are called nowadays
Well in this case, you are pre-ordering the lootboxes – which seems a legitimate use of the concept of pre ordering something, albeit a bizarre and distasteful example of it.

What is worse is how they list the premium pack contents that you pre-order: it includes, among other stuff, "eFootball 2022 core game".

TTB rightly pointed out in a recent video: no, you aren't ordering that. You already get that, for free. Whatever that empty husk of a game they're releasing on the 30th is, you get that for free. Or at a cost to your moral integrity.

So why are they listing it like this? I wonder if it's (a) to justify listing the preorder pack in advance as a game, and not just as some in-game currency as an add-on, or (b) because they want to confuse people into thinking they're buying a game so they spend when they don't need to.

Either way, it's scummy. The whole thing reeks.

They 100% view botted the trailers, there's even fake duplicate comments lol

1632237882104.png

In the case of replacing NFG it was probably just for convenience because of the effort it takes to get a new game approved on the store, I'm guessing that they are able to claim this is an in-app update rather than a new title or something.

Also: please don't judge my library! :LOL: I always just add the free PS+ games to library, and occasionally try something friends play (Warzone). Only games there I actually play: UFC4 and FFVII: Remake (second playthrough – my personal GOTY last year!). Started Days Gone but I'm struggling to get past the most annoying voice acting/audio design and character I've come across in years!

No, that's it now! Anything you say will never be taken seriously again!!

No, that's it now! Anything you say will never be taken seriously again!!

From the moment I saw eFootball 2022 in his library I knew that he has for some reason the player pack... So he's a Konami top secret agent infiltrated here to do some inverse manipulation techniques on us, and make us buy the premium player pack... Shame on you @janguv !!!

But "Konami are being nice..." :LMAO:

Last edited:
They 100% view botted the trailers, there's even fake duplicate comments lol

View attachment 122183

In the case of replacing NFG it was probably just for convenience because of the effort it takes to get a new game approved on the store, I'm guessing that they are able to claim this is an in-app update rather than a new title or something.
Is eFootball also managed by Bartomeu? Similar shady social media fakes and all 😆

From what ive heard, every single person that played the Network test in your friendslist is shown as having ''preordered'' that.
Some folks on twitter showed off their 200 friend preorders in that list.
Yup, that's what I wrote above.

It's a bit mad it's not been fixed yet. Bet Konami are very happy with this "error" though. Will drum up demand.

Btw, a side point and I don't want to dredge up the full discussion again – but I noticed @The_Knight say (in eFootball's favour) that they've scrapped the need for PS+ now. That's false: you already didn't need it to play the Lite version for some time now. I'm less confident about it, but I think also maybe you didn't even need it for PES full version in the last couple of years.

So it's not something we can lump into the "Konami are being nice actually" box.
You literally say you don't know what you're talking about and then go on and use that as an argument.

No, it's not true that you didn't need PS plus to play online in full version of PES. At least not for games prior to PES 2021 as I didn't own that one.

Konami literally didn't do a single thing right with the upcoming game and game being free to play online is probably just a side effect of it going FTP route but nevertheless it's a good thing.

And maybe we can just lay off the Knight a bit. Everyone else lost all hope for this game, including me, but he has something to hang on so why not let him.

You literally say you don't know what you're talking about and then go on and use that as an argument.

No, it's not true that you didn't need PS plus to play online in full version of PES. At least not for games prior to PES 2021 as I didn't own that one.

Konami literally didn't do a single thing right with the upcoming game and game being free to play online is probably just a side effect of it going FTP route but nevertheless it's a good thing.

And maybe we can just lay off the Knight a bit. Everyone else lost all hope for this game, including me, but he has something to hang on so why not let him.
No, I "literally" asserted one thing about the Lite version, and then signalled I wasn't sure the same held about the full version – it's good etiquette to signal in some way if you know you're unsure about something. I had a dim recollection it was possible to play the full PES online without PS+, but couldn't be sure, hence hedging it by saying I wasn't sure but I thought it was.

It doesn't change the main point I was making, which was that Konami had made the Lite version playable for those without PS+. Look, here's their announcement about it: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/topic/wepes2019_games-19758

So I don't think it's a new thing or represents some generous gesture by Konami, which is how Knight had framed it, and why I brought it up. Incidentally, the reason eFootball wouldn't require PS+ is likely the reason you're giving – it's gone F2P, and that's becoming the norm with F2P games. So, even less reason to see it as some positive move rather than just a side effect (as you put it).

Edit: and as for "laying off" Knight – I predominantly picked up on his reasons for saying that the game was not actually dumbed down (which are bad reasons, per my arguments – and it turns out, rely entirely on Kimura's promotional interviews, not even footage), and the comments that initially seemed like corporate apologia for Konami's pricing strategies. Always worth calling out. I'm not calling out optimism. Grounds for optimism are, of course, always critically assessable (as are grounds for pessimism).

Here is my library:
View attachment 122157

Epokemonfootball 2022 and WWE Battle Jobber Grounds together.

200.gif

Epokemonfootball 2022 and WWE Battle Jobber Grounds together.

View attachment 122230
:LOL:

I did try that Battlegrounds game for one match and was astonished at how bad it was. I used to love wrestling games back in the day. But imo it all went downhill when THQ released the Smackdown games. Just long canned animations and terrible hit detection! The best for me were WWF Attitude on PlayStation and WWF No Mercy on the N64. I never played the 2k ones but have heard bad things. I quite like Fire Pro Wrestling – there's just so much depth to it that I've barely scratched the surface.

:LOL:

I did try that Battlegrounds game for one match and was astonished at how bad it was. I used to love wrestling games back in the day. But imo it all went downhill when THQ released the Smackdown games. Just long canned animations and terrible hit detection! The best for me were WWF Attitude on PlayStation and WWF No Mercy on the N64. I never played the 2k ones but have heard bad things. I quite like Fire Pro Wrestling – there's just so much depth to it that I've barely scratched the surface.
Or Midway's WWF WrestleMania for Sega Genesis .. I was addict to this game.. or WWF Wrestlefest - Arcade.. ahh... memories :CRY:

Back
Top Bottom