eFootball (All Platforms)

Crazy how PES 2022 being shit led to me find out that I can play most of the old PES classics on my non gaming PC. Just started playing PES 2013 and it runs smooth as butter.
same here when i pop in my WE 5-9 discs into the macbook drive with windows10 installed... emulator running... game as well! :D
yeah, most of it is nostalgia for me.. but still.

lets see the previews tmw.!

Football online is a shitty experience 99% of the time. People just want to win and they get very toxic when they don't.

Agreed, but since offline experience has been a turd for many many years now, and with awfull AI, awfull presentation, content lack, you name it, so sometimes i prefer to play someone online, just to see if i can have a more organic experience (but LAG, script that removes any joy of winning or being beaten, and the amount of time to find someone to play, reminds me right away what PES became) even if its just for one game.

Football online is a shitty experience 99% of the time. People just want to win and they get very toxic when they don't.

Imo there is a big difference between MyClub and Online Divisions (manual settings). Although I haven't played the former that much I agree that it is a complete mess that brings out the worst in people. Divisions though can be really good with like minded people, and still you have that competitive element because you get points etc when you win. But I suspect Online Divisions with PA1 and above is more like MyClub.

man, what's going on here??? and that shit isn't even released yet. interesting what will happen on 30th September :LOL:

2 weeks on vacation and coming back here is like a relapse after a drug withdrawal :LMAO:
30th september demo full.
Full game with editor on 15th November.
2 years of nothing.

🥵 WHYYYYYYYY!?

Imo there is a big difference between MyClub and Online Divisions (manual settings). Although I haven't played the former that much I agree that it is a complete mess that brings out the worst in people. Divisions though can be really good with like minded people, and still you have that competitive element because you get points etc when you win. But I suspect Online Divisions with PA1 and above is more like MyClub.
It is. On PS4, consists of lots of France/Bayern/PSG spammers with laser guided through balls to Mbappe/Lewy. To climb this idiotic division system (did anyone reach div 3 and higher?), you need to resort to cheap counterattack tactics as well, otherwise no way to win with 600+ teams. If you ever decide to play with PA0, good luck, either you play against PA1-3, or you will waste hours in the matchmaking menu, as there is no one to play with.

Also, the fact people still pick big teams shows that they ignore their division and only care about their personal ELO.

Less and less people play divisions mode, and its understandable, it never improved since its introduction in PES 2016.

You are losing your composure & being condescending now, because people aren't blindly agreeing with you.

You are using your energy & influence to criticize your peers, and defend malpractice. It's as simple as that. Go on write another useless paragraph about feeling in control..

Hey buddy I'm not losing anything, and I apologize if what I said sounded condescending. I just don't see evidence of the game being dumbed down with most new additions pointing to it being more difficult, giving us more control and requiring the game the be relearned.

I also don't have any 'influence', I'm sure people including myself- can feel free to play the free game and make up their own mind. I personally have a perfectly modded PES 2021 waiting for me if I'm not happy on eFootball and don't have an issue staying on it if I'm not happy with the offline modes when they come out.

It's also not polite to call what others say 'useless' if you don't agree with it, just keep that in mind.

Yeah I agree, I usually play divisions mostly because I like playing with Real world teams plus it's a little more casual than the petty minded give of myClub.

But with online, you do have to keep your expectations in check & take it for what it is, it's gonna be more of a casual arcade football game than your customised offline experience, latency will come into play (especially on Konami's games) and there's bound to be the occasional immature opponent.

Once you lower your expectations to this level, it's a lot more tolerable.

Just wish it didn't take as long as PUBG to even launch a single match.

It is, so there's nothing good to come out of copying it. Also I thought you were all about realism? How would you say does it affect realism to take out of the game stuff that's part of the sport? I fully expect you to start using FUT terms like "skill gap" now...

You didn't get my point buddy: Yes, FUT has Physical Defending, but it also has ridiculously easy dribbling and skills where the ball is stuck to the players feet with a magnet and they can just weave their way across multiple players which doesn't really happen in PES. So this is why Physical Defending in FUT made attacking way easier in FIFA. We won't know in eFootball until players get used to the new system, then we'll see. Just because something was copied from FIFA, doesn't mean it's automatically a bad thing. Defending in PES was way too eat and everyone here made fun of it all the time (you just press pass and steal the ball).

I think Online Divisions has its fair share of toxicity too. I will say the exception to this "football online is toxic" point is this:

Play people you know.

Now, of course, I don't just mean IRL friends. But through communities. Evo-Web members could add each other and would probably have pretty nice FUMA matches. But I'm thinking how I play: in leagues. If you join a league with a committed admin team and a whole community apparatus, rules about using mic during fixtures etc., you get to know and like people – it really removes a lot of the toxicity. You can still come across an oddball or someone who is still adjusting to a non-myClub playing experience this way, but in my experience 8-9/10 matches I play with my league group are really fun, not sweaty, and not toxic. It makes a hell of a difference.

That's why I was personally so gutted with the eFootball announcement, because it looks like they might have shitcanned all the things we need as a league to function – Edit Mode (alright, coming later), Master League (maybe coming later, but may not work in the required way), and friendly match lobbies (in which you can load Master League saved team data). We're doing another season on PES 2021 as a result, which a lot of us don't mind. It's currently in the balance if we'll ever be able to move over to eFootball, and if so, whenever they kill the servers for PES 2021 is when we die as a bespoke PES league.

It's even worse for the 11s league I'm part of, given no mention of a BAL mode or team lobbies. But that's another way of playing PES online which is fun and generally non-toxic.

You didn't get my point buddy: Yes, FUT has Physical Defending, but it also has ridiculously easy dribbling and skills where the ball is stuck to the players feet with a magnet and they can just weave their way across multiple players which doesn't really happen in PES. So this is why Physical Defending in FUT made attacking way easier in FIFA. We won't know in eFootball until players get used to the new system, then we'll see. Just because something was copied from FIFA, doesn't mean it's automatically a bad thing. Defending in PES was way too eat and everyone here made fun of it all the time (you just press pass and steal the ball).

Right. It's best to leave it at that. You believe defending should be harder and removing secondary press is the way to do it as opposed to making other balancing changes. At the end of the day it's your opinion.

But I'm also curious about the realism question you dodged. Would you say removing secondary pressure will make the game even more realistic? Possibly the best representation of the beautiful game since PES 21? Is football always 1v1s as EA & Konami want you to believe?

Last edited:
I just don't see evidence of the game being dumbed down with most new additions pointing to it being more difficult, giving us more control and requiring the game the be relearned
I dont think, deep down, even you believe in your words.
If you zoom out and look at all the things they have taken away, AI pressure, right stick switching, AI runs, complex tactical settings - this is clearly dumbing the game down.
It's not making it more challenging.

Well... in a way it is.
But not by making it better, but by making it more shallow.
Its like taking away ability to roll in Dark Souls, or taking away object throwing to distract enemies in The Last of Us.
Yes - it makes the game more challenging, but due to more shallow mechanics.
I dont understand how a guy banging the drum of Realism can think its a good thing.

I don't agree with it taking hours finding PA0 vs PA0 in Divisions. Yes, there are times you have to wait 5-6 minutes but I'm a patient man. :) It also depends on the time of day, evenings and weekends are obviously better than daytime.

With that said I gave up on PES 21 around april so I have no clue how it has become since. But I have been playing this setup (Online div, PA0, similar settings) for the last, I don't know, 4 years and for me it's the best way to somewhat enjoy PES.

Yeah I agree, I usually play divisions mostly because I like playing with Real world teams plus it's a little more casual than the petty minded give of myClub.

But with online, you do have to keep your expectations in check & take it for what it is, it's gonna be more of a casual arcade football game than your customised offline experience, latency will come into play (especially on Konami's games) and there's bound to be the occasional immature opponent.

Once you lower your expectations to this level, it's a lot more tolerable.

Just wish it didn't take as long as PUBG to even launch a single match.

I agree that it is important that you take it for what it is, you can't go online expecting flawless connection, people sending you msgs congratulating you on your win etc etc.

I'm probably not gonna try the game out until the November actual release. If the gameplay turns out to be good then I don't want to have to wait until November to play with more than 5 teams. Hell I'll probably have to wait until they add the Master League.

I don't understand why everyone's going for Knight's scalp. Are you guys bored of going after Konami?
I don't think people are going after his scalp :LOL: or even just going after someone "because they're positive", which has become a tired and inaccurate refrain from those critical of criticism.

It's mainly been two contentions: (1) that actually, contrary to appearance, the game isn't dumbed down and is actually Konami being bold and brave, making the game less assisted and more complicated for the mature players. (2) that their MTX strategy isn't especially lamentable.

Anyone who wants to maintain either of those claims against all the evidence we have in front of us, and against some common sense, is going to meet with critical responses.

Edit: and the post above from @Emroth perfectly captures why I take issue with number (1). I used a similar analogy with removing legal means of striking the ball from football to make the same point.

I dont understand how a guy banging the drum of Realism can think its a good thing.

All starts because he's analyzing the situation from his own subjective perspective without taking in count those facts globally like: what happens when other features will be missing (those that you've mentioned), or what happens if will have the same poor excuse of a broken AI (that's more likely from the footage/time invested in it), infinite stamina (that we've had in every FOX engine game), broken physical collisions (that he mentioned in his own videos), etc. And that's related just to those gameplay factors, but he also ignores many others that from my perspective are even more important, that could influence the entire development and direction of this game (including the gameplay). The only thing he sees is: "gameplay is solid", "Konami are being nice..." and the rest, well, whatever... It's like "I see what I want to see" situation... That's cool, I respect his opinion as it is because that doesn't affects me at all if he has a positive vibe/bias towards Konami and the game itself, and also I enjoy his content (it's unique); but could be better if those facts could be analyzed objectively, especially from the perspective of somebody that as you said "bangs the drum of realism".

what happens when other features will be missing (those that you've mentioned), or what happens if will have the same poor excuse of a broken AI (that's more likely from the footage/time invested in it), infinite stamina (that we've had in every FOX engine game)
That's a very valid point, which I forgot to mention.
From what I've seen (and played during their... "beta") - AI awareness is still not great and there were moments where players still didnt know where the ball was.
Right click switching was one of the ways to reduce the impact of these bugs, as you could take control of the player earlier and combat their stupidity.
Same with super cancel. Sometimes I had to hang off these buttons to be able to play this game, otherwise my players were like headless chickens.
Broken collisions and referees were another nightmare. Taking away any gameplay elements give us less weapons to combat issues.

And does anybody here believes that they have fixed any of those after all the years we had them? Coz I sure as fuck dont.

That's a very valid point, which I forgot to mention.
From what I've seen (and played during their... "beta") - AI awareness is still not great and there were moments where players still didnt know where the ball was.
Right click switching was one of the ways to reduce the impact of these bugs, as you could take control of the player earlier and combat their stupidity.
Same with super cancel. Sometimes I had to hang off these buttons to be able to play this game, otherwise my players were like headless chickens.
Broken collisions and referees were another nightmare. Taking away any gameplay elements give us less weapons to combat issues.

And does anybody here believes that they have fixed any of those after all the years we had them? Coz I sure as fuck dont.

Lots of people after playing the "beta" are maintaining the same opinion as you: it was a complete mess !!! Downgraded in almost every aspect and as you've mentioned the AI (as I prefer to call it bots) was just horrible. In top of that they've painted it as a "stress test server" :WHISTLE: and now shows in libraries as "one more friend preordered the eFootball Premium Player Pack". Things started to be shady from that moment with their beta and from those articles/interviews made with the google translator... Will see tomorrow but overall, I'm not too confident...

As a mention, I would like to imagine some turn of events, and Konami to surprise us positively like never before, then @The_Knight to be here shouting at us:
" I told you !!! See twats? You were completely wrong, and you're a bunch of a-holes!!! :RANT:"

Last edited:
Just had a theory... Maybe they got rid of ai team-mate pressure to encourage people to play co-op, which in turn leads to players getting their friends to join them, which therefore leads to more people downloading and playing the new game...

Just had a theory... Maybe they got rid of ai team-mate pressure to encourage people to play co-op, which in turn leads to players getting their friends to join them, which therefore leads to more people downloading and playing the new game...
They can't be that smart, come on.

Back
Top Bottom