eFootball (All Platforms)

I honestly can't see this game releasing next week. At this point I'm almost certain it'll be delayed which probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

It's quite clear from this latest news that the game is an absolute shambles & nowhere near ready for the public.

How reliable is eFootball Gaming on Twitter? Just did a Twitter search for eFootball and he mentions Master League launching in March. Plus gameplay definitely being shown tomorrow (or its poorly worded)

Lots of people after playing the "beta" are maintaining the same opinion as you: it was a complete mess !!! Downgraded in almost every aspect and as you've mentioned the AI (as I prefer to call it bots) was just horrible. In top of that they've painted it as a "stress test server" :WHISTLE: and now shows in libraries as "one more friend preordered the eFootball Premium Player Pack". Things started to be shady from that moment with their beta and from those articles/interviews made with the google translator... Will see tomorrow but overall, I'm not too confident...

As a mention, I would like to imagine some turn of events, and Konami to surprise us positively like never before, then @The_Knight to be here shouting at us:
" I told you !!! See twats? You were completely wrong, and you're a bunch of a-holes!!! :RANT:"
Meh. I mean their gameplay has always been leagues above FIFA it's not even comparable, and this is why we're playing. I just want to be blown away by the graphics and presentation without having a download 500gb worth of mods.

I dont think, deep down, even you believe in your words.
If you zoom out and look at all the things they have taken away, AI pressure, right stick switching, AI runs, complex tactical settings - this is clearly dumbing the game down.
It's not making it more challenging.

Well... in a way it is.
But not by making it better, but by making it more shallow.
Its like taking away ability to roll in Dark Souls, or taking away object throwing to distract enemies in The Last of Us.
Yes - it makes the game more challenging, but due to more shallow mechanics.
I dont understand how a guy banging the drum of Realism can think its a good thing.
I understand what you're saying. The biggest example of dumbing down is the tactics, down from +100 variations to just 5. But that is supposed to be fixed an an update as they've said...

Otherwise, Defending and Shooting is way less dumbed down than it uses to be. It's not 'just harder', no it actually is a skill you need to relearn. But yes, removing second defender press needs to be fixed so that we can bring a second defender to motion match, but not to steal the ball.

Right. It's best to leave it at that. You believe defending should be harder and removing secondary press is the way to do it as opposed to making other balancing changes. At the end of the day it's your opinion.

I'm not sure why you keep confusing what I'm saying. Here it is again:

"You believe removing secondary press is the way to make defending harder"

WHAT? No. No. I think secondary defender press needs to come back but in a different way, so he can be called to press and hover but not steal the ball. I think they already made it harder by switching to Physical Defending which I 100% agree with.

Just a reminder: I'm going to start copy pasting what I just said if you keep accusing me of stuff I don't condone.

WHAT? No. No. I think secondary defender press needs to come back but in a different way, so he can be called to press and hover but not steal the ball. I think they already made it harder by switching to Physical Defending which I 100% agree with.

Just a reminder: I'm going to start copy pasting what I just said if you keep accusing me of stuff I don't condone.

Ok. Let me help:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/efootball...pes-come-pay-your-respects.83625/post-3756971

"Bringing a second player to close in is a function I used all the time, and it made my life a whole lot EASIER. Removing it doesn't constitute dumbing down the game."

Maybe you believe that removing it is not dumbing the game down and that it should be brought back at the same time or alternating between the two opinions from post to post?? I don't know mate, can't follow everything. I was aware that this was your position and frankly, you should settle on one of the two.

In any case glad it's over and we're in agreement that it shouldn't be removed. PHEW!

Now bring on this dumbed down game. Can't wait to see how dumb it is!

Last edited:
There's the possibility they cannot delay the game any further because of contracts with partner clubs or other licenses.

What a disaster, absolute worst case scenario. Konami, just release the online roster update for PES 21, its the only way you can minimize the damage.

There's the possibility they cannot delay the game any further because of contracts with partner clubs or other licenses.

What a disaster, absolute worst case scenario. Konami, just release the online roster update for PES 21, its the only way you can minimize the damage.
Their obsession with releasing before FIFA has really bit them on the arse this year. Why else release the day before FIFA other than to give themselves as much time as possible to fix what seems to be a completely flawed gameplay experience. They did announce Sep 30th (or what was originally 23rd?) after FIFA announced their release date, right? If they had just announced this as a demo release rather than the game launch, they might have been able to get away with delivering a lacklustre demo.

Let me know which player is the designated tackler/ball stealer at your club.

Yeah it will be more abomination than pr disaster ;) For me it has already been since that 'stress test' demo, it should've been clear for anyone who had anything in common with pes and konami recent years but some people keep being delusional no matter what for some reason.

Just seen that the footage the selected YouTubers have been prevented from using in previews tomorrow is itself B-roll footage – so not stuff the YT guys have captured for themselves.

That being so, this is even more shocking. Konami won't let them use footage that Konami have handpicked to show off the game. How bad does it look?

I think the minority of people left still supporting this 'series' are living in hope more than anything else.

When the dust settles after a few weeks of play, this thread will be pretty quiet and everyone will be back to playing PES 5/6/2013/2021 and/or their favourite version of FIFA.

There simply isn't enough included in the eFootball 'package' to keep even your most ardent PES fanatic playing for more than a fortnite.

Back
Top Bottom