eFootball (All Platforms)

Looks like it could easily be the same game to me, the difference is the level of detail gets scaled down in gameplay cam, the difference is fairly jarring but it's not console > mobile jarring, anyone who has seen a mobile game knows that is not mobile footage. Maybe also some volumetric lighting in the cut scenes that contributes to the difference, as well as increased shadow detail (in gameplay cam the shadows are practically invisible). I really think people have fooled themselves into thinking that the trailer showed different games and that this supported what the Reddit LARPer was saying, but it never did.
ok

I played NFG on PS5 and I'm fairly sure the "souped up" graphics in the trailer - the pitch shots and training scenes certainly - were there in NFG. I saw nothing different in the trailer, I really didn't.
Yes, many people here expect that the so-called "next gen" will become a miracle and the version will be something more than what we saw but the truth is that .. it is! What's in the trailer is the BEST we'll get. PS3 graphics with slightly higher resolution. No dynamic life like hair as FIFA, without dynamic and realistic kits fabric, without any emotions in dynamic situations, without sweat, without rich off the ball player animations that will make the game look closer to real football , without anything more typical for the next-gen consoles, except maybe the dynamic weather and lighting. I hope I am wrong.

Connecting the dots of the roadmap and how mechanics will be implemented, crossgen and then cross platform timelines, etc.

I have a veeery deep suspicion, that the "Early Autumn" release aka demo aka exLite, is in reality the "New Football Just a connectivity Testing beta for Online purposes, not another teen movie" just with vsCOM friendly and some more teams. 🕵️‍♂️ :D

Last edited:
Yes, it's potentially a very disingenuous use of the phrase ("next-gen"), but sadly all too common. I didn't play FIFA 21, but I gather it wasn't actually next-gen in any meaningful sense, despite their marketing material indicating it as such. It's part of a larger industry trend, of course, which tries to use new console generations to fuel a gaming boom for as long as it can, despite the fact that you don't generally see developers make use of new hardware capabilities till at least two years in (and fitting with this, we will now have the God of War sequel and HZD sequel on PS5 in 2022, both compatible with 2021, just downscaled graphically).

Re the Unreal development capabilities and what we've seen being so poor. Yes, it s quite amazing, isn't it? I've seen several people say that UE5 being delayed upset the Konami development of eFootball, but I simply don't buy it. You can make gorgeous-looking games on UE4, and Konami have no excuses for not doing so.

Also, here for the Lynch.

The owls are not what they seem.
A Twin Peaks fan amongst us - very nice! (sorry for off-topic)

I played NFG on PS5 and I'm fairly sure the "souped up" graphics in the trailer - the pitch shots and training scenes certainly - were there in NFG. I saw nothing different in the trailer, I really didn't.
I dont think there was anything next gen in NFG or the trailer.
It was a base, cross platform (ps5/ps4) bare bones game.
If anything - they will pimp it up on PS5/Xbox X/S at the later stage.

Im still waiting for some info about gameplay tho. They can upscale the graphics all they want, but if im missing half of the controls - it aint gonna be pretty.

And I saw few people (one even replying to my gameplay concern on twitter) claiming that mobile users will be required to use controller.
And I think thats bollox. There's no way Konami would risk losing big part of players by forcing anyone to use controller. They will give them an option.
Which again - raises the question about all the advance controls.

It's all well and good worrying about next-gen visuals and whether the Master League will be any good but what worries me most is the gameplay - it was awful in the New Football Game Test or whatever it was called. Absolutely awful - it felt sluggish and worse than both 2020 and 2021, both of which I hate as well.

At least Edit Mode is free. Thats a surprise to be honest.
Yeah, for all that it's barely changed in the past 5 or more years, edit mode is still one of my favourite features of the game and I'm glad it's still going to be there. I love editing players and teams to create my own custom league and seeing how the stats of the players and tactics for each team play out on the pitch.

The question about it is - what players and teams will be available to edit? There are only 9 teams at launch so I wonder if others will be made available before the release of ML DLC, which may not be until sometime next year.

It's all well and good worrying about next-gen visuals and whether the Master League will be any good but what worries me most is the gameplay - it was awful in the New Football Game Test or whatever it was called. Absolutely awful - it felt sluggish and worse than both 2020 and 2021, both of which I hate as well.
The gameplay was a considerable step backwards from PES21 - unconvincing physics, unresponsive controls, poor teammate AI. We can only hope that was a very early build and they've improved it a lot.

It's a relief to know there are going to be AI opponents but given what's been suggested about ML (ie. it's not a priority), it makes me wonder what sort of AI we'll get. Will it just be the same unsatisfactory AI from recent PESs ported into unreal and quickly bodged together or will they have implemented any new foundations on which to build in the future. I hope for the latter but it's hard not to think it'll be the former.

That sir was one of the questions i had ahaha
1. Option to play local match against AI is good. It will give us some insight to where AI stands and will give us an opportunity to give feedback, so they can implement any changes into upcoming Master League.
2. Free Edit mode is good.
3. Every platform getting their level of graphics is good. That should mean that ps4 users will not be playing mobile version
4. Cross platform requiring controller is good. Gives hope that advanced controls will be there.

In general - all good news. I only hope that this is not damage control and it will not turn out to be not exactly how described. With Konami you have to read between the lines like some god damn Columbo..

1. Option to play local match against AI is good. It will give us some insight to where AI stands and will give us an opportunity to give feedback, so they can implement any changes into upcoming Master League.
2. Free Edit mode is good.
3. Every platform getting their level of graphics is good. That should mean that ps4 users will not be playing mobile version
4. Cross platform requiring controller is good. Gives hope that advanced controls will be there.

In general - all good news. I only hope that this is not damage control and it will not turn out to be not exactly how described. With Konami you have to read between the lines like some god damn Columbo..
Indeed they are not easy to understand I think this thing of Social media isnt there thing

Somebody mentioned PES 2018 and got me interested in buying it again. Is that the one that actually had an afternoon setting for matches? I remember that had some really nice lighting.
For me that is the best FOX PES for so many reasons. I just ordered it for PS4, because I had it for PC and PS3, but now I found a good offer in amazon, a new, legend edition with a steel box, for 9 euros.

Last edited:
For me (PC player) it looks like I will buy 55" TV and PS5 for FIFA 22.

I cant wait for 3-4 years until Nokia (or whoever) build's decent phone so I can play something that looks like next-gen football game.

For me (PC player) it looks like I will buy 55" TV and PS5 for FIFA 22.

I cant wait for 3-4 years until Nokia (or whoever) build's decent phone so I can play something that looks like next-gen football game.
And why not buy a 55' TV and play with your pc xD I do that and I play on 4k

Somebody mentioned PES 2018 and got me interested in buying it again. Is that the one that actually had an afternoon setting for matches? I remember that had some really nice lighting.
Yeah 5pm kick offs, or 6pm for Serie A for example. The same lighting does exist in 20 & 21 but you can't select it. All 5 & 6pm games should be in that light or play a 1pm match and set the kick off time to night and that should do it. Shame, it does look really nice.

So at launch they're pretty much releasing a demo and the gaming community will be used as beta testers for weeks or even months until significant content is available. Surely they haven't spent the last 2 years developing a bloody demo.

And I saw few people (one even replying to my gameplay concern on twitter) claiming that mobile users will be required to use controller.
And I think thats bollox. There's no way Konami would risk losing big part of players by forcing anyone to use controller. They will give them an option.
Which again - raises the question about all the advance controls.
I understand why you would doubt it, but I truly think it will be required. I'm sure mobile controls will be there and useable for the normal mobile player, but if they match against someone on console or PC, they'll either be at a disadvantage or require a controller. I do think that's why the roadmap makes a point of showing controller support and mobile cross-play in the same part.

Edit: I see something's been posted about it.. can't see what the actual source is though.. where is the video taking the text from?

What speculation? There is an official trailer. If this looks next gen to you, then we dont have to argue about anything. To me it looks like PES2021 even kinda worse considering 2 years have passed since PES2020 (which is the same game as 2021).

Tbh , It looks next next gen If this is what MOBILE version Will look like.

Back
Top Bottom