eFootball (All Platforms)

Yea of course, but at least it will be next gen at some point not like FIFA. For me its frustrating that i have a good PC and can't play both games on next gen.
But what does next-gen PES actually mean any more? I don't think it means the same thing as next-gen FIFA. You might end up with PS4-ish graphics and mobile gameplay, and Konami call that next-gen.

He said in a later update some way off. He emphasised several times that the PC edition would not be next-gen* at launch.

*I think we still need clarity over what "next-gen" means, especially given now all signs point to gameplay dumbed down to be compatible with mobiles, for all devices. With EA, you could at least ask "will PC users have hypermotion; will players make 1000s of more decisions per second than before?" – unfortunately, the answer for PC guys there is "no", but at least you've got a gauge for what counts as a next-gen feature.

Konami themselves have given us nothing to indicate what next-gen means, so their saying the PC is next-gen frankly means bugger all. Maybe it means gameplay and graphical parity with PS5/XSX, but that also means very little at this point.

I think you are probably close to being on the money there. "Next-gen" can mean what gamers imagine it to mean, or it can mean "graphics which happen to be running on next-gen hardware", the latter being a bit of a slippery legal-style definition. Though I suspect the abomination we saw in the trailer will be improved upon (it's actually hard to imagine you could make a game look so bad with Unreal on newer consoles, like you'd almost have to go out of your way to accomplish it, even amateur lone developers have produced things that look better). I think a lot of the white knight types are banking on that, they are waiting for some point in the future where there is gameplay footage that looks a bit better than NFG, so they can say "aha, we told you so, next-gen graphics!". Of course even if that turns out to be the case, it's still going to be a game that has to run on a fucking telephone (to borrow a phrase from David Lynch).

To be honest, no one knows whats gonna be released around Autumn. It might go any freaking way. Konami are retarded enough to release-mobile graphic trailer. I'm not dreaming, I really do hope that there is way more to be seen than just crappy trailer and strange gameplay test.

I'm sceptical but on the other hand, I dont like that negativity around it and blind assumptions that they are LYING, months before release. Call me a fool but I got some faith in them left.
Konami have a history of not being entirely truthful in regards to past pes game releases, tbh!

To be honest, no one knows whats gonna be released around Autumn. It might go any freaking way. Konami are retarded enough to release-mobile graphic trailer. I'm not dreaming, I really do hope that there is way more to be seen than just crappy trailer and strange gameplay test.

I'm sceptical but on the other hand, I dont like that negativity around it and blind assumptions that they are LYING, months before release. Call me a fool but I got some faith in them left.

They are damage controlling hard after that awful trailer and awful product they got on hand. Now they quickly put some shitty effects on the game surely on next gen but it wont look like a next gen game, not even close to FIFA 22...just look at the current state the game is in based on the trailer, you would think within a month they make it next gen if they couldnt do it in two years? Sure....And stating it will be next gen on next gen is lying now. These straight up lies and makes my blood boil seeing people even on twitter eating their words and defending Konami to the teeth. While....they were shown an actual trailer already a week ago or two.

But what does next-gen PES actually mean any more? I don't think it means the same thing as next-gen FIFA. You might end up with PS4-ish graphics and mobile gameplay, and Konami call that next-gen.
I am the type of player that will wait and see. Everything said here, whether being negative or being positive is just speculation now. It can be a bad game at release (next gen and current gen) but it can also be a good game. So just wait till end of august. By then we will definitely be able to say more about the "next gen" version of the game.

They are damage controlling hard after that awful trailer and awful product they got on hand. Now they quickly put some shitty effects on the game surely on next gen but it wont look like a next gen game, not even close to FIFA 22...just look at the current state the game is in based on the trailer, you would think within a month they make it next gen if they couldnt do it in two years? Sure....And stating it will be next gen on next gen is lying now. These straight up lies and makes my blood boil seeing people even on twitter eating their words and defending Konami to the teeth. While....they were shown an actual trailer already a week ago or two.
Bro just chill, we will see what they will announce at the end of august. You should have realized that the trailer showed different states of the game. So the question must be: Are there different versions of the game or not ? But only Konami can give the answer to that. But surely not you.

I am the type of player that will wait and see. Everything said here, whether being negative or being positive is just speculation now. It can be a bad game at release (next gen and current gen) but it can also be a good game. So just wait till end of august. By then we will definitely be able to say more about the "next gen" version of the game.
I agree we have to wait, but I do think Konami have given us enough evidence with their past releases for us to make informed guesses at things.

Bolded bit: It's worth noting that by moving to a live service model, Konami are banking on this sort of logic – that it might be bad to begin with but over time it gets improved and fixed. Only time will tell whether that's good enough. But it's risky in two ways: (1) you might not get enough players to sustain you in the period over which it's just a bad game; (2) you've no excuses at any later point in the lifecycle of the product – it now has only one beginning, unlike a yearly release.

Bro just chill, we will see what they will announce at the end of august. You should have realized that the trailer showed different states of the game. So the question must be: Are there different versions of the game or not ? But only Konami can give the answer to that. But surely not you.
I don't think that's fair to say. People routinely say this now, because it's what Reddit Bloke said. But there's no sure evidence he was legit, and increasing evidence he wasn't.

We saw in the trailer that certain pre-game scenes looked quite nice. We didn't see different bits of gameplay indicating higher-quality versions of the game.

I think you are probably close to being on the money there. "Next-gen" can mean what gamers imagine it to mean, or it can mean "graphics which happen to be running on next-gen hardware", the latter being a bit of a slippery legal-style definition. Though I suspect the abomination we saw in the trailer will be improved upon (it's actually hard to imagine you could make a game look so bad with Unreal on newer consoles, like you'd almost have to go out of your way to accomplish it, even amateur lone developers have produced things that look better). I think a lot of the white knight types are banking on that, they are waiting for some point in the future where there is gameplay footage that looks a bit better than NFG, so they can say "aha, we told you so, next-gen graphics!". Of course even if that turns out to be the case, it's still going to be a game that has to run on a fucking telephone (to borrow a phrase from David Lynch).
Yes, it's potentially a very disingenuous use of the phrase ("next-gen"), but sadly all too common. I didn't play FIFA 21, but I gather it wasn't actually next-gen in any meaningful sense, despite their marketing material indicating it as such. It's part of a larger industry trend, of course, which tries to use new console generations to fuel a gaming boom for as long as it can, despite the fact that you don't generally see developers make use of new hardware capabilities till at least two years in (and fitting with this, we will now have the God of War sequel and HZD sequel on PS5 in 2022, both compatible with 2021, just downscaled graphically).

Re the Unreal development capabilities and what we've seen being so poor. Yes, it s quite amazing, isn't it? I've seen several people say that UE5 being delayed upset the Konami development of eFootball, but I simply don't buy it. You can make gorgeous-looking games on UE4, and Konami have no excuses for not doing so.

Also, here for the Lynch.

The owls are not what they seem.

I don't think that's fair to say. People routinely say this now, because it's what Reddit Bloke said. But there's no sure evidence he was legit, and increasing evidence he wasn't.

We saw in the trailer that certain pre-game scenes looked quite nice. We didn't see different bits of gameplay indicating higher-quality versions of the game.
Yea ok your right, but thats what i meant with "two different versions of the game". Of course the gameplay scenes were all in the same bad quality but what i noticed, even the cutscenes in the tunnel and in the locker room looked much better than these messi and neymar "gameplay" scenes. Because in this tunnel and locker room scenes things like the shorts are moving/ have movement but in these neymar/messi scenes the shorts were very static and not moving at all. For me thats a hint that there were shown different versions but in the end everyone have to rate it themselves. But the final conclusion can be made not until we know more about the "next gen" version

I don't understand!

On the official website it doesn't mention PC being on the same level as PS5 or XBOX SERIES X/S.

View attachment 113387

It's all very confusing.
In fairness, they say "such as" – meaning "including but not exclusive to.."

So it could be they mean the same for PC there. You might leave out PC from that because you'd have to distinguish optimal/high-end gaming rigs from minimum required. The other reason you want to put PS5 and XSX there specifically is because of the high demand for those consoles right now and the expectation that you're going to see amazing things on them.

(An expectation that maybe will bite Konami on the arse!)

Dones this mean they removed the gacha element. I will be able to buy exactly the player i want instead of being rendom? This would be big if true.

Dones this mean they removed the gacha element. I will be able to buy exactly the player i want instead of being rendom? This would be big if true.
Potentially, yes. But it's not the end of player exploitation even if true.

Lootboxes and surprise random mechanics are bad, but fee-to-pay games often wall you off from essential parts of the gameplay loop and make you pay (or grind) to unlock them.

Hence the "match pass" system. Hopefully more of an issue for the myClub team-building mode (name TBC) than anything else, but you never know. Konami made people pay a good chunk of money to unlock an extra save slot in their Metal Gear Survive game.

Mobile game developers are also especially mindful of behavioural psychology and trying to entice MTX purchases by creating a fear of missing out (FOMO) in the playerbase – so that the purchases of friends and others in the game are normalised for you and you feel the odd one out if you don't also start to buy stuff. This is how reportedly "Default" became a bullying insult in school playgrounds, referring to those who couldn't afford anything other than the default Fortnite skins.

I don't know how much of this is possible with a game like PES (or whatever eFootball is). But we're certainly not out the woods of scummy business practices just because we may no longer see a lot of lootbox stuff in the game.

This, to me, is ABSOLUTELY BLATANTLY a system to work around any potential law changes to "loot box" systems. Like EA is trialling with FUT right now (where you press "buy", you see the pack before the money is taken, and if you don't like it, you press "cancel" and it refreshes hours later).

It ("free and paid") also sounds like...

"You have selected... RONALDO! To purchase, earn 100,000 XP. Each game earns 1,000 XP. Or, buy an XP pack containing 1,000 XP for just €0.99!"

I'm not even against this, IF it makes it a real slog to get the best players. I want to be back in the days where everyone had "white ball" squads and you really had to get your strategy right to win. Every game was different.

Now, I'm so sick of seeing the same squad over and over in myClub, because of how many coins they give away for free, and how much lower the odds are of getting a superstar, to get you hooked. Every team is the same.

But I think the end result will be the same... People just paying for the squad they want, and getting it fairly quickly.

I only saw one game in that trailer, perhaps one player had different hairstyle but thats just a 3d model. The answer to your question as of now: no, there is one version because thats what they showed to us. Why didnt they show that mindblowing next gen game everyone is expecting now because they stated "next gen will be superior to mobile and wont be downgraded"....which is like a big "duh" as it will be higher resolution, it will have some other effects sure...but does that qualify it as a next gen game? Thing is they showed a mobile game/very ugly next gen game, then did this press release which is just as vague as it can be and people read way too much into it, even ignoring reality what they saw recently.
This situation is exactly like when you try to convince a friend that the significant other they are choosing is a very poor decision but they over cloud nine already because they got treated well one day a month.

I only saw one game in that trailer, perhaps one player had different hairstyle but thats just a 3d model. The answer to your question as of now: no, there is one version because thats what they showed to us. Why didnt they show that mindblowing next gen game everyone is expecting now because they stated "next gen will be superior to mobile and wont be downgraded"....which is like a big "duh" as it will be higher resolution, it will have some other effects sure...but does that qualify it as a next gen game? Thing is they showed a mobile game/very ugly next gen game, then did this press release which is just as vague as it can be and people read way too much into it, even ignoring reality what they saw recently.
This situation is exactly like when you try to convince a friend that the significant other they are choosing is a very poor decision but they over cloud nine already because they got treated well one day a month.
The stadiums in the beginning of the trailer and as i said the tunnel/locker room scenes looked completely different to the gameplay scenes. If you can`t see that than I don`t know

The stadiums in the beginning of the trailer and as i said the tunnel/locker room scenes looked completely different to the gameplay scenes. If you can`t see that than I don`t know
Those dont look that bad but nope, they dont look any different, nor next gen.
I played NFG on PS5 and I'm fairly sure the "souped up" graphics in the trailer - the pitch shots and training scenes certainly - were there in NFG. I saw nothing different in the trailer, I really didn't.

I'm not even against this, IF it makes it a real slog to get the best players. I want to be back in the days where everyone had "white ball" squads and you really had to get your strategy right to win. Every game was different.

I liked that too. Anyway this Match pass system seems already better than the random gacha system. At least i know if i have to grind very little i can still buy specific hidden low rated gems.

With the gacha system it was so boring that i had a good team within days, even not paying, just by using coins because of rewards, but the players weren't the ones i wanted.

people here can be rational as the older members but some stuff is just blatantly negative for no reason lol.
If they hadn't made this lil twitter thread with some answers some dudes would be still complaining, now they do that and people try to twist that into negatives. Konami is doomed lol, but on topic personally i'll wait on the game before judging this new type of pes... I'm happy they did it officially now though

I played NFG on PS5 and I'm fairly sure the "souped up" graphics in the trailer - the pitch shots and training scenes certainly - were there in NFG. I saw nothing different in the trailer, I really didn't.

True and the worst part is there was nothing next gen about those scenes. They were Ps4 gen at best.

It does seem like that's the case, all that's left is for them to explain how this "Match Pass" system works exactly.

I'm not surprised that they're changing MyClub with this new Free-To-Play model, speaking as someone who enjoys the concept of this mode and that has played it both in PES2018 Lite for the PS3, before buying the full game on my PS4, and in PES2021 Lite, it was very easy and fast to build a top team even with the random system.

I've never spent any real money on PES' microtransactions and yet on both occasions in which I played MyClub I got a bunch of BlackBall players, even right now on PES2021 Lite I have 2 Messis and 2 Cristiano Ronaldos, because Konami gives out a lot of players for free, I actually wonder how they make so much money from microtransactions when they're like this, I mean, why do people spend so much money if you can have a top team for free? I guess it's not just about the player ratings, with things like Legends and Iconic Moments cards Konami appeals to people's emotions in a way, their attachment to a certain player or moment.

Either way, with the game now being completely Free-To-Play they'll stop getting the money they'd make with sales, and this whole eFOOTBALL thing is a move to make more money, so, how can they maximize profits? Well, it makes sense to copy those that know best, and what's the football game that makes the most money with microtransactions? FIFA. Ultimate Team has a market instead of just being random, the random element is opening packs, while MyClub was pretty much all random with exception of the scouts, which just feels like FIFA's Ultimate Team market with extra steps, I see this as them just doing what FIFA does because FIFA is the one that makes the most money this way.

Kinda funny all you do is also just speculation at this point but in a negative way so you are no different to people that do positive speculation.
What speculation? There is an official trailer. If this looks next gen to you, then we dont have to argue about anything. To me it looks like PES2021 even kinda worse considering 2 years have passed since PES2020 (which is the same game as 2021).

Looks like it could easily be the same game to me, the difference is the level of detail gets scaled down in gameplay cam, the difference is fairly jarring but it's not console > mobile jarring, anyone who has seen a mobile game knows that is not mobile footage. Maybe also some volumetric lighting in the cut scenes that contributes to the difference, as well as increased shadow detail (in gameplay cam the shadows are practically invisible). I really think people have fooled themselves into thinking that the trailer showed different games and that this supported what the Reddit LARPer was saying, but it never did.

Back
Top Bottom