eFootball (All Platforms)

Get downloading PES 5 from the editing section. It's a nice reminder that all the things we crave from a football game, CAN be done, and WERE done, a long time ago - and that we aren't expecting too much, when we ask of it from a modern game.

Way too much hype is put on PES5. It was a decent game, for its time, it's probably still a decent game today in short bursts, but its high octane fast, awful graphics (by todays standards), abysmal sound, and robotic, 8 direction running/passing.
people just hark back to it because it brings back good memories, but seriously dont think I could play it today, for any length of time.

Some hard to swallow pills about eFootball (but most probably true)

1. We all
are going to download and test efootball (hey it's free!).

2. Efootball
will have the most active online players and the most downloads than ever

3. Numbers and stats
(sales of Dlc and downloads) will show that this strategic direction was a success

4. Graphics will be shitty in every platform (there is no evidence of better graphics in PS5)

5. Most of us will pay for the extra DLCs

6. The free version offers what the demo was offering in previous releases.

Guys some news from twitter(take it not sure 100%)

1) eFootball will be out without ML and Edit Mode

2) ML and Edit Mode will be added at the beginning of 2022 via DLC(you need to pay to get them)

3)Great Update every 3 months

4) More Partnershìp with teams will be revealed at the end of August

5) No Playstation Plus and Gamepass Xbox are needed to play the game

This guy, who's reputable enough at least for FIFA, says the game is way different on next gen and incredible and whatnot:
Now personally, I don't know how to believe something like that when they could've just shown it in the goddamn trailer. It's gonna be insane trying to read up on stuff about the game on actual consoles because of the many conflicts of interest people talking about it have now.
Oh dear, cant be on this eternal dejavú "this is not the reprsentative of the final game".

Does anyone here suffer from severe Alzheimer? I guess not. We already saw the same talk regarding the online test beta, and what they showed is still Very similar

people just hark back to it because it brings back good memories, but seriously dont think I could play it today, for any length of time.
Some can, some can't, because modern graphics and features (quick subs for example) are hard to live without.

For me - I just can't believe the feeling of having to grind your arse off to get anything better than a 0-0. I'd forgotten what it felt like. No matter what the game looks like, or how far from realism it might be given the limits of the technology... The feeling is still there when you play it. For me, it is anyway.

Screenshot_20210722_161253.jpgWhere was the high level in the offline modes in previous PES games when we're paying for it, Adam? In recent years offline got progressively worse because they wanted to focus on Myclub, which was free to play in the lite version. So we were technically paying for offline improvements that we never got.

Two years in the making. Right?
Two years in the making and we get a 6 minutes trailer with little to no actual game footage and everything still to be known about it.

Makes me think if they're still trying to figure everything out.

I agree. It feels like they had a fairly late change of direction/panic.

Some can, some can't, because modern graphics and features (quick subs for example) are hard to live without.

For me - I just can't believe the feeling of having to grind your arse off to get anything better than a 0-0. I'd forgotten what it felt like. No matter what the game looks like, or how far from realism it might be given the limits of the technology... The feeling is still there when you play it. For me, it is anyway.

Totally agree that the AI back then was far superior to what it is know, which seems ridiculous considering the way technology has improved and the power that is available now compared to 2005.
I just feel 'conditioned' to having freedom of movement, throughout 360 degrees, much more control over passing, familiarity with modern day graphics etc.
Would make it hard to go back to a game where the club badges are barely distinguishable they're so low res, and where nets look like chicken wire fences.

If there was a modern day patch for PES5 or 6 I'd definitely give it a go for old times sake, but playing with players from 15+ years ago doesn't appeal either.

This too regarding Master League.

Very high chance imo with it being Konami that they had actually intended to do away with Master League hence it wasn’t mentioned at all and wasn’t in the roadmap BUT underestimated how much of a backlash they would get.

So today they’ve tried to do some damage limitation and say that it is coming (and pretend it always was) and now they’re just going to do a rush job and copy and paste 2021 master league.
Absolutely. It is crazy how they're still disconnected from their fanbase

With the anti-piracy banner being so prominent on the site the last week or so, surely that approach is going to have to change before long?

I'm expecting PES 2021 to be removed from Steam as soon as (or shortly after) "eFootball" launches. Then there will be literally no way to purchase the games that the focal point of this site (editing section) require once the finite number of remaining keys run out.

I can't imagine eFootball being very mod-friendly or having many people interested in putting effort into such an abomination anyway.

Fancy graphics or not, it still a mobile game. The game must be the same so the cross platform could work.
True, they tweeted this on their new eFOOTBALL page there:

"The mobile version of #eFootball™ will be provided as an update to the current app available on iOS & Android. Select user data will be carried over to eFootball™ on mobile, with much more details to be shared in the future."

There isn't even going to be a new eFOOTBALL app for mobile, it'll just be an update to PES mobile, probably a big update, yes, but still an update to the game, it's the same game, they've literally taken their mobile game and converted into their "Next Gen" title... the worst part about it is that it makes sense, because if they want crossplay between PS5/XSX and Mobile, the games have to fundamentally be the same, the only differences can be in cosmetics/graphics, the gameplay needs to be identical, because in these situations the lowest common denominator dictates how it goes, or else it doesn't work.

We've waited 2 years for a mobile conversion...

I always hated MyClub, what's the point of building a team with a roulette wheel?
Gimme a Master League without scripting where I can build a team with players I can buy and sell...

They already provided something llike that in PES 11, with MLO, but then got sacked because its not a milking cow. MLO was by far the only mode online that was fair, since it was really difficult to gatter money to buy the players you want, so you had to find players in lower teams (some kind of what we do in FM), just to improve your team, so you can win more games to try and buy the star players. And after you had the star player which took more than 2 months for me, as i only played 1 or 2 hours a day, it was extremelly difficult to maintain the team full of stars since the wages were bigger and you had to win at least 70 to 80% of the games.

That online mode gave me joy, to play, and adding to the fact that PES 2011 was one of the few games that were very playable on PS3.

Last edited:
View attachment 111647Where was the high level in the offline modes in previous PES games when we're paying for it, Adam? In recent years offline got progressively worse because they wanted to focus on Myclub, which was free to play in the lite version. So we were technically paying for offline improvements that we never got.

In form of many boots and faces. Those will be paid dlcs dont even dream about free updates.

View attachment 111647Where was the high level in the offline modes in previous PES games when we're paying for it, Adam? In recent years offline got progressively worse because they wanted to focus on Myclub, which was free to play in the lite version. So we were technically paying for offline improvements that we never got.
I hope you don’t mind, I took your question to Twitter. :)

Totally agree that the AI back then was far superior to what it is know, which seems ridiculous considering the way technology has improved and the power that is available now compared to 2005.
I just feel 'conditioned' to having freedom of movement, throughout 360 degrees, much more control over passing, familiarity with modern day graphics etc.
Would make it hard to go back to a game where the club badges are barely distinguishable they're so low res, and where nets look like chicken wire fences.

If there was a modern day patch for PES5 or 6 I'd definitely give it a go for old times sake, but playing with players from 15+ years ago doesn't appeal either.

Firebird patch is incredible. https://evoweb.uk/threads/firebird-patch-2021-euro-2020-update.84637/

Melts my shitty laptop, but incredible. 😄

They already provided something llike that in PES 11, with MLO, but then got sacked because its not a milking cow. MLO was by far the only mode online that was fair, since it was really difficult to gatter money to buy the players you want, so you had to find players in lower teams (some kind of what we do in FM), just to improve your team, so you can win more games to try and buy the star players. And after you had the star player which took more than 2 months for me, as i only played 1 or 2 hours a day, it was extremelly difficult to maintain the team full of stars since the wages were bigger and you had to win at least 70 to 80% of the games.

That online mode gave me joy, to play, and adding to the fact that PES 2011 was one of the few games that were very playable on PS3.
MLO in PES 2011 was amazing. It was the last mode I properly played as it was my last year of being a student and having a stupid amount of free time.

The difficulty was insane though, you win a couple of matches with a squad of defaults + Leon Osman and matchmaking puts you against some lad from Saudi Arabia that had Ronaldo/Messi up front and the rest of the world XI. Bear in mind this was probably during launch week.

I do remember going 1:0 down early on against one of those types only for me to hoard the ball the rest of the match before going on one attack in stoppage time where Craig Bellamy grabbed an equaliser. You'd still be talking about it today if it was televised.

Those lads were heroes that day. I would've bought the dvd if I could

I've played efootball on PS5 ( not the tester ) , and the graphics are so much better than what they've shown, but you still wouldn't think its Unreal engine when actually playing, only with close up replays and cutscenes

I've played efootball on PS5 ( not the tester ) , and the graphics are so much better than what they've shown, but you still wouldn't think its Unreal engine when actually playing, only with close up replays and cutscenes
And how is the game in general. Does it feel "looser"

1. We all are going to download and test efootball (hey it's free!).

I wouldn't say all. At this point I'm tired of the run around. I don't see any point of messing around with something that doesn't offer the experience I want.
2. Efootball will have the most active online players and the most downloads than ever
Of course. Free to play will increase concurrent players immediately.
3. Numbers and stats (sales of Dlc and downloads) will show that this strategic direction was a success
More players = more players willing to make mtx purchases.
4. Graphics will be shitty in every platform (there is no evidence of better graphics in PS5)
We'll have to wait and see on that one tbf.
5. Most of us will pay for the extra DLCs
I only care about one thing from this football game; player career mode. If they don't show me significant improvement in regards to BAL, I'm not bothering with their glorified demo let alone giving them my money.
6. The free version offers what the demo was offering in previous releases.
Yup. Smart plan tbf. Honestly going F2P isn't terrible. Yearly cycle imposes unfairly strict deadlines that hamper development cycles. This could be a good way to go about doing things. At least it would if the money making modes weren't their top priority.

Back
Top Bottom