eFootball (All Platforms)

If there's Master league, then there's leagues.
So to me, if all is selling, it will depends on the game itself. I don't want to kill a game that will be out in 2.5/3 months.
Just hoping there's no "licenced league only" so no PL or Liga, if it's the case i'll still on PES 2021, making the 20/21 season perfect (all boots, faces remades, transfers)... But about 21-22 season with 3rd and 4th kits as an alternative (kits you won't see on the CPU) i don't really like it at all.
Perhaps creating promoted also on Others Euro... With 20-21 rosters too.

I'll see, but right now i'm on my first project and don't work like a fool on it : correcting all errors in the game, taking notes on excel > sending proof. I will share both for PC gamers to resolve it, but i take my time nothing hurry. Every league will be checked, i'm done with "blank" face from Liga Aguila as i created it last year for V7 Pesuniverse / Not released (i'm quiting the team anyway. They're too much about kits, i'm a data/creator guy. I don't like sayin it myself, but probably the best in terms of details from many people/editors then with aknowledge. 2 people i'm close with only want's my stuffs and nothing else lol.

They don't care about data, but there's no more team at all for that (or people good in the past who became very bad editors, because they don't care anymore) stats and players are more important to me and i was alone for the last version. ALL alone for every transfers in OEU, MLS, OLA, J-League. I lost 6 months of my life. And for not a single (promised) penny. So i got two reason to be angry, and still on Efootball if there's an Edit mode. Tons of notes, work, checking all limitations, stats system to balance the teams for nothing... I builded all of it. And i don't even talk about all faces corrected from every real players with fakes names and appeareances.

Sorry for the Off Thread, but it's linked about "if there's Editing, PL and La Liga in efootball, it won't be RIP to me"
Yes but which leagues? and edit mode?

I played the beta on PS5.

In the beta, all the cut-scenes looked great. Just like this.

That's the stuff that next-gen will get, that Konami will say makes it worth having a PS5 for.

Then, when you get to the actual gameplay - which has got to be the same across every device...

mtFcHY2.png

Not just basic graphics, but dumbed-down controls too.

We've seen and experienced all of this in the beta.

The big change between the beta and these videos is the UI...

...and the only reason that wasn't included was because they hadn't revealed the new branding yet.
And where the Hell is the Ambient Occlusion? This looks so awful....and the Pitch :SICK:

I´m just watching this at the moment and he sums it up quite on point.
Seems like the trailer shows the gameplay of the mobile version.
If the PS5 version is eally superior to this, why on goddamn earth would you wanna show off something like this then???

Because this is the final product probably. If it werent you would have clips from last gen and current gen and from mobile marked with it in the bottom corner. But there is not.

They did not move to Unreal to evolve the gameplay and the graphics but because they simply can just make a game and go Save As -> Generate Game -> and choose any platform. So basically to develop another cross platform pachinko machine.

I honestly think they were deluded enough to think about the new direction being accepted with a big smile by fans.
This too regarding Master League.

Very high chance imo with it being Konami that they had actually intended to do away with Master League hence it wasn’t mentioned at all and wasn’t in the roadmap BUT underestimated how much of a backlash they would get.

So today they’ve tried to do some damage limitation and say that it is coming (and pretend it always was) and now they’re just going to do a rush job and copy and paste 2021 master league.

Someone should tell konami there's a special place in HELL who threw this idea

This is definitely damage control in full swing by Konami. Even if they do add offline at some point, it'll be too little, too late and will probably have appalling ai.

I hate to say this, but I'd rather give my yearly football video game money to EA for FIFA 22 than to Konami for their online shitshow. That's how low they make you go...
i just have to test every game every year myself! you know how it is... wanna feel it myself and then judge!
so, as this years PES is free... this year is gonne be cheaper for me! :D

edit: not sure why i posted a smiley! ^^ silly me!
edit2: btw, i will refuse to call it the e-thing! its PES!! :SAL:

Last edited:
Sorry, but i'm a little confused...
I still read news about upcoming Pes 2022, free-to-play for console and Pc.
Please let me understand what's going on?

Pro evolution has been renamed as efootball. Is the same idea from "PES Lite", free and online-only with crossplay between platforms

There wont be yearly releases anymore, just season updates

Offline content will be introduced in 2022 as paid content

Last edited:
Pro evolution has been renamed as efootball. Is the same idea from "PES Lite", free and online-only with crossplay between platforms

There wont be yearly releases anymore, just season updates

Offline content will be introduced later in 2022 as paid content
in 2022 ?!!?!?!?!??!!?!?! APRIL JUST BEFORE PES2023?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

I still cant believe it. Around a 100 million in revenue and still they manage to fail so hard that the only gameplay in their big aunouncement trailer is 2 seconds of a kick-off.

I guess if they showed anything more, people would realize they will get that 'New Football Game' experience shoved in their arses for free this autumn.

I disagree Chris, in fact i would say the man has no....
[Hidden content]

Seriously though, going back over yesterdays missed posts and today's. It is like returning to a scene of a bad accident. I never thought i would say this about a video game, but just like losing your GF, you never know their value to yourself till they're gone (well sometimes).
I fucking knew New Football Game felt familiar somehow!!!
Its the same feeling I get when Im trying to put their furnitures together and holes are not aligned and some screws are missing!

So, you had a private test the same day the trailer came out and it looked graphically superior. A trailer they literally could have put together in a few hours. "Hey guys, should we put the new nice graphics in the trailer?
-No man, let's use the old shit that looks garbo and have someone explain later in a tweet that it doesn't look this bad now"

What a load of bollocks

This seems like the build talk in Adam WENB and Konami first years, times. Show things, get backlash, explain that this is an old build, and that when it comes out it will be miles better ( but then it gets out its even worse).

Konami its like a guy going for a job interview, a licenced guy with a degree, some mumbo jumbo certification, 20 years of experience in the field, but suddenly he just wipes out of the curriculum Vitae, the degree, the certifications, and the years of experience, and then expects to be hired, and when it´s not and the employe tell him he is not fit for the job, on the next day he updates his resume/CV, and ask for a recomendation letter from is former employe, and says that he is the greatest at what he does, he just forgot to mention on the interview.

This is Konami, being the only difference that The product konami delivers after, is never, never what is advertised, let alone exceding expectations. :LMAO:

Sry - in 2022, not "later"

I think Konami said nothing for sure, dates or whatever about offline modes except being paid, because all gonna be rebranded with new names, I guess

Season 2022/2023 already started

Konami

"Hi guys we're delighted to droop new ML 2021/2022 Mode with some amazing contents alongside. Stay tuned, "till more info are dropped in the late august"

I'll probably give eFOOTBALL a go, because it's free so there's nothing to lose, I also enjoy playing the Lite versions of PES every now and then, I've never spent a penny and have a stacked team on PES2021 Lite either way which is funny, Konami is way too generous in that regard, I have 2 Messi cards and 2 Cristiano Ronaldo cards, I'm not even sure how they make so much money by giving out so much good free stuff, but yeah I only play the offline part of myClub, because I don't enjoy online anyway and don't even have PS Plus, there's very little to do in offline myClub unfortunately, the best part is a pseudo offline divisions mode, where you go up from difficulty to difficulty as you win matches.

I do like parts of myClub to be fair, I know many will think that's blasphemy, because they despise it, and in many ways I do too, there's good reason to resent it, since it represents everything that lead to where we are now, but starting out with a team of poor players, having them level up and becoming attached to them and their growth, trying to get better players and/or players you like in real life, getting the legends that you grew up loving, building up your squads with the different managers, each with it's own style, the player development and squad building aspects of it aren't too different from the good old Master League we all know and love, and the card collecting aspect reminds me of those World Cup sticker albums, it's a legit fun idea, shame that it's used as a gambling scheme more than anything.

So yeah, I'll try out eFOOTBALL in the same way that I play PES2021 Lite, if I have a good time against the AI, if there even is an offline in myClub this time, I might consider getting the DLC for the offline modes I like, however I'm not too optimistic, especially after that interview in which they pretty much dismissed the whole concept of playing against the CPU, if the AI was already neglected before I can't even imagine how neglected it's going to be now...

Last edited:
And suddenly Master League as a DLC is communicated? 😂
Hahahaha...

Yesterday: Were parting ways with PES.
Also yesterday: Shitstorm.
Today: Master League as a DLC.

Not so much laying down PES? Damage control.

Damn... You can't make this up. It's the absolute most funny tragedy I have witnessed.

It will be a incredible bad Master League DLC. Probably same formula as now.

I really can't understand how these people having the responsibility for marketing and communication got their job. Really can't. The market research / "know your customer" part is totally gone. And even if their move is clever from a business point, how can't they execute better?

Comedy show.

I´m just watching this at the moment and he sums it up quite on point.
Seems like the trailer shows the gameplay of the mobile version.
If the PS5 version is eally superior to this, why on goddamn earth would you wanna show off something like this then???
I really think the whole news of eFootball would have been a lot less devastating if the game showed in the trailer looked good. It doesn't and I also really don't know why they didn't decide to show off their next gen graphics (if there are any of course).

after all those pages of comments and reading nearly all of them, after the trailer debacle, after the discussions, the let downs, the hopes smashed, a tear... i have a huuuge craving for some default master league!

master.JPG

this would be a 2 way move: first i'd do it for myself, for my nerves, for more happiness. second i'd do it to lift a virtual middle finger towards Konami. ;)
you get me!

So sorry. But who is in marketing at Konami/eFootball?! (Adam Bhatti :D )

They announce the revolution of the football simulation about a year ago with a 4K Unreal Engine 4 trailer, all hyped. Get themselves extra for it new consoles. Swallow the Season Update for 30€. OK.

THEN you come up with a NEW FOOTBALL GAME EXPERIENCE Beta which is a MOBILE GAME on the PS4 and XBOX. First impression - Fucked up.

Then yesterday the trailer that doesn't show any great new gameplay or great new graphics, but just wants to tell us how nice it will be when we can all play together. Not a word about offline modes. A speaker from Fiverr who reads a Japanese press text translated by Google Translator completely emotionless. Second impression - messed up.

One day later then a tweet "Yes Master League is coming, don't worry".

And again and again the "be excited about our next announcement in August IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE!"

I can't get my head around it.
It could have been so simple.
2 minutes trailer with nice gameplay. I do not care, then just like FIFA a few shots into the top corner, whatever
FREE TO PLAY - CROSSPLAY BETWEEN ALL PLATFORMS.
ALL YOUR FAVORITE MODES ARE THERE (requires in-game purchase)
DONE.

after all those pages of comments and reading nearly all of them, after the trailer debacle, after the discussions, the let downs, the hopes smashed, a tear... i have a huuuge craving for some default master league!

this would be a 2 way move: first i do it for myself, for my nerves. second i'd do it to lift a virtual middle finger towards Konami. ;)
you get me!
Get downloading PES 5 from the editing section. It's a nice reminder that all the things we crave from a football game, CAN be done, and WERE done, a long time ago - and that we aren't expecting too much, when we ask of it from a modern game.

I'm thinkin it about "things during the process" yes. I just have a hope that the game won't be completely dead on 2023... And that what we saw with Messi will be in the future on PS5.
Btw think Fox is looking better than what we saw, it's like they didn't mastered at all Unreal, and it's running on a PS4 not even pro, or a big expensive Smartphone.

There's a "pes 6, real season" patch : the real season is in fact on WE 2006-07 J-league.
Same as PES 6 with missing players and stats updated.
I would like to all, face are already custom but for some special stuffs like as it's hard to decrypt in English which is important like player "evolution" "sorry don't remember the exact name" which define how the player will evolve, later, standard, sooner etc., and there's no translation patch. I just want the authenticity from that season, i saw stats for created players were completely different, but not the original ones (i prefers by miles, except for Hgt/weight).
Some players doesn't appears btw, in Milan for example on WE they didn't added some U21 players on the patch, probably to complete some teams.

Last edited:
I always hated MyClub, what's the point of building a team with a roulette wheel?
Gimme a Master League without scripting where I can build a team with players I can buy and sell...
I can see your point, but personally I don't find it too bad, there's the scout system to narrow it down to the players you're interested in getting, in which you can narrow it down to a single player so the chance of getting him is 100% which can be very rewarding when you get a player you really wanted, but also the roulette system makes it so I get and use a bunch of players I'd have never used otherwise.

Also, I hate to admit it, but I'd be lying if I said that the whole roulette thing wasn't somewhat addictive at times, it's literally designed to be addictive afterall, it's how they make most of their money, that anticipation for the chance of getting a player you really want and the joy when you do, I've never spent a single penny on PES microtransactions, thankfully, but I can see how this can lure people in to do so, especially those who are more prone to get sucked in by this stuff or that have a harder time controlling themselves, it's a disgusting tactic and I despise it.

myClub reminds me of that South Park episode, "Freemium Isn't Free", where the Canadian Devil, yes, that's a thing in South Park, talks about the alcohol industry, as an analogy to freemium games: "They don't care that 10% will get addicted, they're counting on it!".

Back
Top Bottom