EA SPORTS FC 25

It just leads to bone headed boring passive gameplay. What's the thrill in that?
Sadly I think there's a portion of the audience that looks for that - like those "autoplay" mobile games where you choose a lineup of fighters, press "go", and get an instant result. (Hence why "playable highlights" was added.)

But to aim the base game at them... It's madness to me.

For football fans to have to dig out a sim switch (that can't be used online) - rather than these guys having to find the "simple gameplay" switch - is crazy to me.

You’re right 100%. Actually might not make it out of the beta ☹️
That's what happened with FIFA 16.

No matter what anyone anywhere says, the game we see now or next month or even on release day is not the game it'll be after the first update.

EA's marketing team are the best in the business. They know their product and they know the market. Part of their brief every year is 'How do we get older, offline-only players to buy the game on release day? What buttons need to be pressed, what levers pulled?' And they hit the mark every year almost without fail.

I laugh here because what you said is what they ask for, especially not to have errors, manual defense, and many other things.

The thing with this is, 1) so many FUT players and competitive players moan about the game and I don't think they're being given any chance to try out more realistic gameplay to see if they would prefer it - given the appalling user review scores, the YouTube rants etc. I genuinely think they would, but I think the bigger EA concern is "they might say they hate it, but they still spend millions on it, why would we risk changing it".

2) I would become an online player, and I honestly think many, many more people would, if it became a game about football knowledge (as in tactics, systems, using the right players for the right jobs and not trying silly things with incapable players).

The sad thing is, when I was lucky enough to visit the Vancouver office over ten years ago, Simon Humber - RIP (producer of some of the best ever FIFA games) - told me that the above was his dream, and he was working to accomplish it. He told me that he didn't want to make a game where "the person who hammered the buttons the quickest won" rather than the person who was playing tactically. And now we're here.
I could be wrong but most of their whining is just for the views. They love doing 10 skill moves in a row into a rainbow scorpion

The bigger issue when looking at the FIFA 17 "gameplay reveal" is that there's no gameplay in it. :D

You made me go and look at some FIFA 17 gameplay though, and - it just makes me rage about what Sam Rivera said, that frankly shitty comment about "compare FC24 to FIFA 14 and you can see just how far we've come". I would argue the exact opposite is true.

Just watch the first two in-game minutes of this (way too fast) gameplay, and look at how the AI defends. 10x better, more realistic, more tactical, players engaging people, no skewers going through lines of players to keep them from doing anything.

Funnily enough, both pros and casuals believe this is the last good FIFA(FIFA 17). Everyone wants a remastered FIFA 17 but EA really believes in this 1v1 bullshit. I bet they invested a lot of corporate money on this.

There is no doubt in my mind game will be similar to eafc24, fifa 23 etc.

Its unrealistic to think anything else.
But if they fix at least something it would be step in right direction.

I know these are crumbs from table, but there is simply nothing else ... its either this or returning to games 3,4 or more yeara old :(

Is there much information on the new ‘Cranium’ face recreation feature? I was hoping it was included in the gameplay trailer, but I don’t think it featured?

Would love to know how it’s going be used and how many players get added through this feature. Was hoping for an example/comparison with generic faces but nothing ☹️

Sadly I think there's a portion of the audience that looks for that - like those "autoplay" mobile games where you choose a lineup of fighters, press "go", and get an instant result. (Hence why "playable highlights" was added.)

But to aim the base game at them... It's madness to me.

For football fans to have to dig out a sim switch (that can't be used online) - rather than these guys having to find the "simple gameplay" switch - is crazy to me.
Well I don't think they even get a thrill from playing the actual game anymore either, the FUT demographic seem to get more fulfillment from pack openings & the FUT transfer market more than anything.

If you watch their YT or streams, the bulk of the video is actually the suspense building over opening the pack and seeing who you pulled or stick measuring contests over stats and market values. They spend about 2 mins playing a match then it's back to the packs.

It's as if playing the game is an inconvenience.

Is there much information on the new ‘Cranium’ face recreation feature? I was hoping it was included in the gameplay trailer, but I don’t think it featured?

Would love to know how it’s going be used and how many players get added through this feature. Was hoping for an example/comparison with generic faces but nothing ☹️

I think it's one of the things I'm most excited about too, hoping that the "formulas" can be shared and that an external app/site can be developed to calculate the faces via AI.

what can we expect from this game , can we expect a good ai for career offline mode? that we can enjoy for years? or it s gonna be another goalfest no midfield gameplay...

what can we expect from this game , can we expect a good ai for career offline mode? that we can enjoy for years? or it s gonna be another goalfest no midfield gameplay...
We all hope for a good AI for years. Maybe FC IQ will bring it to the pitch. With simulation mode and 8 new sliders, we'li have more tools.

The game is not perfect but I have always found a way to haven't a goalfest on console. It's even easier on PC with mods.

We all hope for a good AI for years. Maybe FC IQ will bring it to the pitch. With simulation mode and 8 new sliders, we'li have more tools.

The game is not perfect but I have always found a way to haven't a goalfest on console. It's even easier on PC with mods.
many people have told me that ea fc 24 still has the midfield problems even with mods, that s why im skeptical, i hope 25 will be with good ai, because i want to enjoy a good career mode offline that i have been experiencing for years now in any football game, fifa 16 modded is good

many people have told me that ea fc 24 still has the midfield problems even with mods, that s why im skeptical, i hope 25 will be with good ai, because i want to enjoy a good career mode offline that i have been experiencing for years now in any football game, fifa 16 modded is good
depends on what mods you are using and what you mean by "midfield problems"

For all the talk of this "sim mode" etc., my fear is that ball physics will still be like this (looking at Frankowski's pass in-particular) - and I don't think Hypermotion can take the blame for the ball physics, only the skating:

I just can't see it having the power to fix this, unfortunately, and I'm not going to be able to enjoy a football game where the ball flies around like a balloon from the lightest of contacts.

Especially not when it never used to be this way - it's been ruined over the last few years (and why would they undo their own destruction).

Its so funny that they market FC25 with FC IQ - as if this game would have anything to do with tactics lol - When in realiy if you play online its just pass to the striker - skil move - shot - goal.

For all the talk of this "sim mode" etc., my fear is that ball physics will still be like this (looking at Frankowski's pass in-particular) - and I don't think Hypermotion can take the blame for the ball physics, only the skating:

I just can't see it having the power to fix this, unfortunately, and I'm not going to be able to enjoy a football game where the ball flies around like a balloon from the lightest of contacts.

Especially not when it never used to be this way - it's been ruined over the last few years (and why would they undo their own destruction).
I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't think these devs can really create a sim mode within the same engine. First of all, have they brought in another lead producer/designer? How on earth they're going to fix the footplanting issues which plague this engine? Who is going to code the AI, have they called back the guys from Fight Night Round games or you and me to advise them on football?
2K were hiring left and right modders for their NBA game (2 of my friends moved to work for 2K). Has EA contacted Anth or anyone else to fix their abomination?
As you can see I have absolutely no faith they'll fix anything.

And something else: FIFA became popular because of FUT and their illegal gambling system. The game was a joke for 2+ decades. Their most "sim" iterations were never popular (FIFA 16 for example). That said, what do you all expect by them, to suddenly switch and create the best football game ever?

And something else: FIFA became popular because of FUT and their illegal gambling system. The game was a joke for 2+ decades. Their most "sim" iterations were never popular (FIFA 16 for example). That said, what do you all expect by them, to suddenly switch and create the best football game ever?
When millions of people are buying your product/platform, there are going to be groups with different needs. Career players being one of them. (FUT players make them the most money, of course, so they will get most of the resources, but something has changed.)

It seems to me like they have found it financially worthwhile to invest in keeping Career players around (or bringing them back to the game), and what I personally (and many others) have been crying out for, for years, is our own separate, more serious, far deeper, realism-based, knowledge-based gameplay. Having a Career Mode without that is like bolting a realistic transfer system onto Mario Strikers Charged. So... It's more than I ever expected.

Whether you can do enough to give Career players what they're looking for when you're working on the same code base as everyone else, and don't have the full team working on it, remains to be seen. But I do think the intent is there. "Sim mode" is potentially the most significant addition to the game since sliders, IMO (and I'd love to say the same about FC IQ but I don't see the point in it if the AI is still not allowed to actually do anything, i.e. defend).

Physics still look dodgy as hell. Headed passes still go direct from forehead to boot. Gah.

Physics still look dodgy as hell. Headed passes still go direct from forehead to boot. Gah.

I understand I've not played the last chapter, this video is 5 v 5 and so on and so forth.. but can somebody see any difference at all with 24? I mean, if they told me this was a new mode for FC 24 they relesead months ago with this same exact trailer, I would have totally believe it.. looks as horrendous as the predecessor. If it's the general structure for the sim mode as well I seriously don't see how the stuff we saw can help.
Zero time to control the ball. Zero time to change direction. Ball stuck to the boot. It's just appalling.

Can't express in words how much of a turn off it is to see it. For me it's probably up there with the salt statues and the other tactical/AI absurdities of the hypermotion era games. I don't think I'll be able to enjoy a new football game until they'll give ball control dignity again.

When millions of people are buying your product/platform, there are going to be groups with different needs. Career players being one of them. (FUT players make them the most money, of course, so they will get most of the resources, but something has changed.)

It seems to me like they have found it financially worthwhile to invest in keeping Career players around (or bringing them back to the game), and what I personally (and many others) have been crying out for, for years, is our own separate, more serious, far deeper, realism-based, knowledge-based gameplay. Having a Career Mode without that is like bolting a realistic transfer system onto Mario Strikers Charged. So... It's more than I ever expected.

Whether you can do enough to give Career players what they're looking for when you're working on the same code base as everyone else, and don't have the full team working on it, remains to be seen. But I do think the intent is there. "Sim mode" is potentially the most significant addition to the game since sliders, IMO (and I'd love to say the same about FC IQ but I don't see the point in it if the AI is still not allowed to actually do anything, i.e. defend).
You're going to be hugely disappointed mate if you believe their lies. They're not capable to make even a simcade game. Their devs have no clue about football, tactics or whatever.

were fcked for another year, ill continue with PES2017 for the time being, still the best offline game since PES5/6 for me. Cant believe how bad the games are all these years later, I used to imagine how good football games would be in the future, I never took into account the loot box/gambling, look at me, instant gratification system that was to come.

were fcked for another year, ill continue with PES2017 for the time being, still the best offline game since PES5/6 for me. Cant believe how bad the games are all these years later, I used to imagine how good football games would be in the future, I never took into account the loot box/gambling, look at me, instant gratification system that was to come.
As a kid playing FIFA 06 and PES at times, I used to think the sky would be the limit, not just gameplay, but even the presentation is bad.

2K won't save us because they're not even in direct talks with FIFA. If this was the case I would have been the first here confirming it.
Oh man please don’t kill all our hopes and dreams ☹️

We really need 2K right now. What they did with TopSpin is exactly what we need. Perhaps not what they did with the player career in terms of micro transactions, but focusing on realism in the sport and bringing it back was great to see. They really are our last hope…

Oh man please don’t kill all our hopes and dreams ☹️

We really need 2K right now. What they did with TopSpin is exactly what we need. Perhaps not what they did with the player career in terms of micro transactions, but focusing on realism in the sport and bringing it back was great to see. They really are our last hope…
Maybe I’m in the minority but wouldn’t licensing be a big issue for them? EA has everything that’s important exclusive & Konami has the rest.

Back
Top Bottom