EA SPORTS FC 25

Felt like the tuning sped things up slightly which as someone playing on Simulation mode I'd say feels good as it did seem just a smidge too slow/sluggish on PC IMO.

I played a game in career mode with Fiorentina last night. The game was like it has been the last few days. Slow, I could feel the weight and inertia of the players, and I actually had to play football to crack the opposition defence.

After the game, I went back to the home screen and got the notification about the live update with the suggestion to quit and restart the game. I did so, and the first thing I saw was the live update notification again... Okay, quit the game and restart it. Then I played the kick-off game Atletico (me) vs Barcelona. The first thing I noticed was that all my controller settings were reset to default. Other changes I had made (sim mode, camera etc) were untouched.
After the kick-off, the game immediately felt faster, the players felt light, the animations seemed bouncier and I could run through the midfield with ease. I checked the settings, but the simulation was activated. I restarted the game, but the feeling was the same. I couldn't motivate myself to play another game, let's see what EA will serve me tonight.

This inconsistency really bothers me.

Felt like the tuning sped things up slightly which as someone playing on Simulation mode I'd say feels good as it did seem just a smidge too slow/sluggish on PC IMO.

Sped up? This is going to freak people out!!

More seriously...I'm actually considering buying this today...how much sped up is it? Is it more dynamic, or is it actually faster all over now?

I played a game in career mode with Fiorentina last night. The game was like it has been the last few days. Slow, I could feel the weight and inertia of the players, and I actually had to play football to crack the opposition defence.

After the game, I went back to the home screen and got the notification about the live update with the suggestion to quit and restart the game. I did so, and the first thing I saw was the live update notification again... Okay, quit the game and restart it. Then I played the kick-off game Atletico (me) vs Barcelona. The first thing I noticed was that all my controller settings were reset to default. Other changes I had made (sim mode, camera etc) were untouched.
After the kick-off, the game immediately felt faster, the players felt light, the animations seemed bouncier and I could run through the midfield with ease. I checked the settings, but the simulation was activated. I restarted the game, but the feeling was the same. I couldn't motivate myself to play another game, let's see what EA will serve me tonight.

Bastards.

Sped up? This is going to freak people out!!

More seriously...I'm actually considering buying this today...how much sped up is it? Is it more dynamic, or is it actually faster all over now?

It just feels a bit more realistic paced and responsive I'd say, I was finding League 1/Championship players slightly unrealistically slow. I know many people have reported that EPL games were already too fast so unfortunately it's possible playing in that division is ruined now :(

It just feels a bit more realistic paced and responsive I'd say, I was finding League 1/Championship players slightly unrealistically slow. I know many people have reported that EPL games were already too fast so unfortunately it's possible playing in that division is ruined now :(

I agree actually. Playing Blackburn, it felt too slow for championship football.

Hopefully premier league isnt ruined... seems a lot of us enjoy playing with mid tier premier league teams.

Also hope its not all downhill from now with the game speeding up after each update.

Maybe seems to confirm that the sim mode is maybe not locked off in any way from the rest of the game.

It didn't felt too unrealistically fast to be honest. It was just that I immediately noticed a difference. Nothing I needed but nothing gamebreaking also. (As far as I can say after 2 games.)

What skill level do people play on?
As been told Legendary is just the CPU using skill modes and making the gameplay unrealistic even on simulation.

However at present playing on WC and winning most games by 5-8 goal margins in the league on career mode.
And comfortably Middlesbrough in the Coca-Cola cup.

I agree actually. Playing Blackburn, it felt too slow for championship football.
I agree with this too. Playing as a League Two team (Tranmere), it was unrealistically slow, and I hate saying that because it's better to be too slow than too fast - and it seemed to me that, when playing against better teams, the game sped up for BOTH teams (rather than one team being faster than the other). I think FC has a real problem in that regard, with every game feeling "one pace".

So if it's sped up in lower leagues, it's probably fine. But playing as an EPL team was way too fast to be fun for me, on sim - so I imagine that will be worse.

However... This is the biggest issue for me:

If "title updates" and whatever they call the non-update background "tweaks" they make, interfere with sim mode... then what's the point in sim mode? Because it will just turn into whatever the FUT players want the game to be. This is the biggest factor to be concerned about IMO. I was under the impression that sim mode would be "sacred" - especially as we can't tweak the sliders to adjust for the madness.

Right now, seeing that the last update has supposedly increased contextual error (which seems too good to be true), it's all good - except... If the speed keeps going up... We won't be able to slow it back down, without resorting to custom sliders. Boo.

What skill level do people play on?
As been told Legendary is just the CPU using skill modes and making the gameplay unrealistic even on simulation.

However at present playing on WC and winning most games by 5-8 goal margins in the league on career mode.
And comfortably Middlesbrough in the Coca-Cola cup.

I have been playing on Legendary/Sim Mode mate and so far I have not seen any of the ridiculous skill moves or unrealistic ping pong passing from the CPU. It really put me off previous versions.

Worth mentioning my CM save is in the Belgian Pro League so I’m not sure if this changes against 5 star teams.

Career mode is slower than Quick match.

I have made 3 games with Marseille, no problem, the speed was the same.

Just checked price history of ea fc 24. It was half price by november 21st last year.

So for those of us (on pc) who are on the fence, that might be a reasonable target by when we'll have a decent idea of how sim mode is holding up.

Just checked price history of ea fc 24. It was half price by november 21st last year.

So for those of us (on pc) who are on the fence, that might be a reasonable target by when we'll have a decent idea of how sim mode is holding up.
I probably had a good discount on consoles as well during Black Friday sales.

It has nothing to do with live update, if you play with teams like Barca or Atletico then it will always feel faster because higher players attributes like ball control, speed or dribble control. This year even pass speed difference between 70 rated player vs Bruno Fernandes is very noticable, which is great.

So, does it worth it guys? I am hesitant to pay it full price.
My biggest complaint about recent versions (on par with 1vs1) is the way players seems to run with a stick in their arse and the way they turn like if they are on some sort of office chair.
Does player movement have been finally improved?

Got the game on launch. First fifa game since fifa 2000. For me personally I'm enjoying it although I'm useless on World Class level. Play on Sim mode. Not perfect but enjoyable enough.

Got the game on launch. First fifa game since fifa 2000. For me personally I'm enjoying it although I'm useless on World Class level. Play on Sim mode. Not perfect but enjoyable enough.

So sim mode has held up past the update? I'm so close to buying this thing today...!

So sim mode has held up past the update? I'm so close to buying this thing today...!
Hmmm. Just had a game now a friendly game but it was a bit erratic and a bit all over the place at times really fast I don't know if I'm the only person who had this problem so far.
Also what does the yellow chain mean here on the formations screen?

IMG_20241011_200029.jpg

I'm so tempted...

Hmmm. Just had a game now a friendly game but it was a bit erratic and a bit all over the place at times really fast I don't know if I'm the only person who had this problem so far.
Oh dear, that sounds ominous. Do let us know if other games feel better.

I wonder if they mean you cant choose that formation because or your tactics?

It's a yellow broken chain, as explained in this deep dive:

Changing anything on a Preset [strategy] will result in your [strategy] changing to Custom. An incompatible setting, meaning it breaks out of the Preset, is marked by a broken chain symbol. In most modes, there is no downside to using a Custom Preset, except for Career Mode, so remember to look at the in-game prompts.

You will receive a warning popup once you try to save a tactic with an incompatible setting. Accepting will save your tactic and change the Preset to Custom, while dismissing it will discard your changes.

I gather that it means a disconnect between the ideal role for the formation, and the player(s) selected in certain roles - with the yellow broken chain appearing in the player roles section too:

PresetBreak02.png

EDIT: From Reddit:

Can you grow playstyle based on training youth/any player? Like do you get the tiki taka play style if they just keep playing in that system?

Certain playstyles will not work with your tactical setting (tiki taka for me) and you will see a broken chain emblem meaning this playstyle is going to change your tactical setting from tiki taka to custom. So I only train my youth players in playstyles that do not clash with tiki taka.

Last edited:
Do the below and thank me later! (For making AI insanely difficult to score against (tried in kickoff))
Go to edit, team sheets, tactics and Change the defensive line to aggresive. (For team you wish to take and also for team you wish to play against)
Enable Simulation Mode
CPU Sliders (Tackled aggression: 75)
Competitor Mode ON (VIMP, since last live tuning update Competitor Mode is really good defensively)
Legendary Difficulty

Tried out 5 to 6 games.
Scorelines below:
1-0, 0-0, 2-0, 0-0,0-1 ( W,D,L,D,L)

PS: I even tried the controlled dribbling, R1 dribbling trick (that makes CPU AI overcontain you and very easy to score against) but it didn't work as well! (rarely it did work but I couldnt capitalize and score :()

The 1 on 1 issue here doesn't feel like it exists because CPU is so aggressive. No room to breathe.
This is by far the most challenging I have felt scoring against FIFA AI. (in last 5 years or perhaps more! Literally PES level)

The speed seems higher after update,but I don't find it bad. I feel the game is somehow improved: Ball physics seems slighty better with more bounces, there are more errors,shooting seems improved.
If only the players would be more grounded and without 1vs1 mechanic (but keeping manual taclking) this game could be a real masteripiece.

Good evening fellas, what do you all think about the new tactics which can be share with the tactics code?

Do someone use some community tactics? Or only made them by yourself?
What do think about an separately thread for it to share evoweb tactics, if it find interests?

I would do it (a thread) but you know my english skills. Me english it's nut zoo god. 🙃

Back
Top Bottom