EA SPORTS FC 25

I don't play online but to me the player roles thing looks to me like its just replaced the things its taken out like the little options you had to choose of players overlap, make forward runs, stay in centre,drift wide ect, looks like they have just worded it different and give it a different lay out and made out like it's some new revolutionary option in the game
It is a replacement for that system, but the effects are visible - and players behave more strictly/logically to the instructions, rather than the gameplay overriding them.

---

In other news, the dreaded day one patch has landed...

...gameplay hasn't changed. :) On sim mode at least.

However, first game of the day I tried, with sim mode enabled - it clearly wasn't sim mode (everything was super fast).

Paused the game, switched from sim mode to normal, then back again, pressed back, unpaused the game... Sim mode enabled.

Now I know how buggy the sliders are, it explains so much about how I've had some genuinely great games and some absolute ping-pong 100mph stinkers.

It is a replacement for that system, but the effects are visible - and players behave more strictly/logically to the instructions, rather than the gameplay overriding them.

---

However, first game of the day I tried, with sim mode enabled - it clearly wasn't sim mode (everything was super fast).

Paused the game, switched from sim mode to normal, then back again, pressed back, unpaused the game... Sim mode enabled.

Now I know how buggy the sliders are, it explains so much about how I've had some genuinely great games and some absolute ping-pong 100mph stinkers.
I have noticed the game being too quick even with sliders, hectic.
I was also enjoying sliders then changed passing acc and speed back to 50 cos as finding the passing crap but I could still barely pass 5 yards, sometimes I feel messing with it breaks the game. Annoying

Just in case, something that I always observe and continues to happen in this edition, is that the game gets out of sync FPS - HZ - VSYNC or something like that. It's hard to explain.

Out of nowhere the experience is perfect but ONE match comes and the game is fast, clumsy and with a high response to the controller, exaggerated I would say. I restart the PC, close the game and load the same match and there is a percentage of chances that the same match under the same conditions feels a little heavier, fluid and in sync (as it should be).

It happens to me when I play 5 matches in a row, 4 will be fine, the 5th will feel "broken", not very fluid and super fast. I close the game. I restart the PC, play that match again and it feels perfect.

I repeat, it is something that I always experienced in these last editions.

---

Same for me, but after switching back to sim mode gameplay feels unchanged

nice one. i struggle with manual through balls at the moment so those are on semi still for me, working my way to it though
I do mostly rely on regular ground passes as I can make them through-ball-ish with fuma. Through balls are less speedy… so I try to use them when appropriate; but not a often.

Does anyone use the button double press option when playing ground passes?! In hectic situations, crowded once, I tend to forget that option exists a lot of times. 😂

I do mostly rely on regular ground passes as I can make them through-ball-ish with fuma. Through balls are less speedy… so I try to use them when appropriate; but not a often.

Does anyone use the button double press option when playing ground passes?! In hectic situations, crowded once, I tend to forget that option exists a lot of times. 😂
I can't even pass for shit on this game, I don't play manual at all, just assisted or semi, played with some sliders yesterday and could barely pass the ball 5 yards, moved the speed and error back to 50 and it didn't seem any better , struggling to hold position or play a passing game

---

I noticed it yesterday. However, this trick will not solve problem because for example ''run frequency'' slider is still locked at 50 and players running like headless chicken. Game is broken at the moment.

Had a couple of games and I think that’ll be enough for me. The cpu AI on sim mode is undoubtedly a huge improvement, the general game has a lot of potential but the dribbling completely ruins it for me which is a shame given there is a lot of good.

The number of totally unnatural touches don’t just ruin the dribbling but they make the game feel completely chaotic for me. Players will take a random touch (making the ball feel like it’s covered in grease as well as somehow stuck to the player) mid animation which suddenly means you need to change what you were going to do because body position or even direction has changed. I had a moment where I’d beat a man with rashford and before I could shoot he took another touch and totally messed up the chance. It wasn’t humanly possible to do given the situation or animation. It was so quick I wasn’t physically able to press shoot before, even though I’d pre planned the move.

Not only does it impact dribbling but also tackling. You make a tackle and take 3 greasy touches before you can do anything and end up putting yourself back in trouble. Everything just feels messy if that makes sense?

Had a couple of games and I think that’ll be enough for me. The cpu AI on sim mode is undoubtedly a huge improvement, the general game has a lot of potential but the dribbling completely ruins it for me which is a shame given there is a lot of good.

The number of totally unnatural touches don’t just ruin the dribbling but they make the game feel completely chaotic for me. Players will take a random touch (making the ball feel like it’s covered in grease as well as somehow stuck to the player) mid animation which suddenly means you need to change what you were going to do because body position or even direction has changed. I had a moment where I’d beat a man with rashford and before I could shoot he took another touch and totally messed up the chance. It wasn’t humanly possible to do given the situation or animation. It was so quick I wasn’t physically able to press shoot before, even though I’d pre planned the move.

Not only does it impact dribbling but also tackling. You make a tackle and take 3 greasy touches before you can do anything and end up putting yourself back in trouble. Everything just feels messy if that makes sense?

I hope you find a mod if you are on PC that fits what you are looking for. Actually, I also see things that I don't like and the representation of a football pad in hand is not ideal, but come on, I have an idea of what I want, which will surely be different from yours and each one will have their personal idea. It is very difficult to make a game, particularly football, that pleases everyone.

As they said, it is incredible that they have listened to the offline community by making the simulation configuration available, it is a great starting point for future editions.

I hope you find a mod if you are on PC that fits what you are looking for. Actually, I also see things that I don't like and the representation of a football pad in hand is not ideal, but come on, I have an idea of what I want, which will surely be different from yours and each one will have their personal idea. It is very difficult to make a game, particularly football, that pleases everyone.

As they said, it is incredible that they have listened to the offline community by making the simulation configuration available, it is a great starting point for future editions.
I’m on PS5 and of course there’s no pleasing everyone. I’m not here to slate the game, just give my thoughts. It’s fundamental to my enjoyment so I’ll play efootball a few times a month and try again next year.

Believe me, I am desperate to like this game 😂

I’m on PS5 and of course there’s no pleasing everyone. I’m not here to slate the game, just give my thoughts. It’s fundamental to my enjoyment so I’ll play efootball a few times a month and try again next year.

Believe me, I am desperate to like this game 😂

I'm in the same boat mate and focusing on the positive things and still adjusting the sliders to try to get to what I like the most, it's a limited tool, but it's the only one we have.

So what s next for.you in terms of.football fix?

So what s next for.you in terms of.football fix?
Mentioned above. I’ll play efootball a couple of times a month. I haven’t played a football game properly since fifa 16 even though I used to almost exclusively play them (along with cod). Don’t want to derail the thread but I’ve posted a few times in the efootball forum if you want my limited thoughts on that.

Is it me or I just feel it isn't addictive or that fun to play, like it's missing something.. Not sure how to explain it. Maybe my settings aren't what they should be. Sim and tactical settings, 8 mins world class...

Football is not fun, the more options you add, the more realistic it will become and in the same direction, the more complex it is too, look at old games like PES 5, 6 or even PES 2008, there were few controls other than those who think FC 25 would be a rush have never played an old PES game. and like an atomic bullet the rush is very simplistic, in fact we are becoming vekhose and we like simpler and simpler things lol, I remember that I love old gp4 racing game, but today it would be surpassable!

Is it me or I just feel it isn't addictive or that fun to play, like it's missing something.. Not sure how to explain it. Maybe my settings aren't what they should be. Sim and tactical settings, 8 mins world class...
FIFA has always felt like that for me. I've only played it over the years against friends, never touching the career mode.

PES had a beautiful simplicity, as well as incredible depth in gameplay, back before it took a nosedive in 2007.

Nothing has replicated that since.

FIFA has always felt like that for me. I've only played it over the years against friends, never touching the career mode.

PES had a beautiful simplicity, as well as incredible depth in gameplay, back before it took a nosedive in 2007.

Nothing has replicated that since.
Fifa 16 can be made almost like pes, with speedhack and ball physics, try it, u won t regret, im playing with las palmas career mode, and it s been great.

Them ditching MSAA and opting for TAA has made the game look blurrier and suffer from ghosting. I had been watching some footage of all the next gen fifa games and all of them have this ghosting around players foot or any moving object. Comparing it with older games like fifa 17, 16, 14 or even x360 era games, which looks so much cleaner in motion.

So... Two games on FUMA. One win, one loss. The loss had fairly even possession which is a first for me (usually 65/35 to the AI). Honestly loving how this game is feeling. No doubt updates will ruin it, but as long as it's not too far from this, I'll be happy with it

Was speed increased...?
I'm on SIM (Manager) but it suddenly feels a lot faster after yesterdays little title update. I toggled off and on as well just to be sure but still seems much faster, more random twitches by the CPU for absolutely no reason.

Was speed increased...?
I'm on SIM (Manager) but it suddenly feels a lot faster after yesterdays little title update. I toggled off and on as well just to be sure but still seems much faster, more random twitches by the CPU for absolutely no reason.

I had the same impression while playing last night. I thought it was related to the 'nighttime bug,' which I’ve always noticed when playing FIFA games over the past few years.

Something I read on a different forum suggests that there might be a bug with the simulation sliders, and they may need to be toggled off/on from the main settings menu instead of in the pause menu during a game. This is just a hypothesis, but it might be worth checking.

Was speed increased...?
Career Mode have scripted boosts that can only be disabled with mods.

I had the same impression while playing last night. I thought it was related to the 'nighttime bug,' which I’ve always noticed when playing FIFA games over the past few years.

Something I read on a different forum suggests that there might be a bug with the simulation sliders, and they may need to be toggled off/on from the main settings menu instead of in the pause menu during a game. This is just a hypothesis, but it might be worth checking.
I always feel this after a long day, no matter if i play FIFA, PES or other games. I think we are talking about eye fatigue more than a software bug.

Back
Top Bottom