EA SPORTS FC 25

The thing is guys. Even with the latest posts reporting issues and silly incidents. What is the alternative football game??
Efootball is not it as other than friendlies for offline players there isn't anything. Are these issues game breaking?

Are these issues game breaking?
Entirely depends on your personal taste, but to some people, yes - and others, no.

Every football gamer I know has a few bugbears where, if they're present in the game, they can't enjoy it. @Emroth's is a lack of fouls - no fouls is game-breaking for him. Mine is defensive AI - if I don't have to be sharp and force space to open up to make a shooting opportunity, I'm so bored.

The trial is really handy to see if you can overlook the negatives, but there are fundamental issues. Humans that "handle" like bumper-cars isn't a lot of fun.

Agreed. "Playable" very much depends on what's acceptable for you and what's not.

One thing I have to say here.
Nobody sane is saying that EAFC25 is best thing since sliced bread, but I think that we are at the very important moment of this franchise.
This is the first time in nearly 10 years, where the game for us, offline players, did not regress, or stayed in the same sorry ass spot.

There is a clear effort to create something which would look and feel more like football.
And we were the ones begging for it! We were the ones shouting for SIM mode to be brought back and gameplay split into two! For years!

But we have to be realistic here. There was no way that SIM mode would be a magic wand that would suddenly reverse all the core issues that the game has.

But this is hopefully just the first step and EA will build on that. What Chris is doing, with his detailed clips and descriptions of each issue - that's the best we can do now. Especially since, like Chris said up above - every one of us has different elements which are important to them. So together we definitely can spot more errors and provide better feedback.

Have you read this year's EULA? I think I was the only one who read everything hahaha, if you guys read that there is now a regular channel to send suggestions, videos, bugs, anyway, it's a great addition, I suggest you send them a message, who knows, maybe start listening to the game's SIM community. because that's what they asked for in the EULA that people send feedback and also videos of what needs to be improved!

Anybody know if its still possible to purchase EA PLAY PRO on PC with a VPN for a different (cheaper) region? I have done it with Russia and Argentina in the past but read somewhere it doesn't work anymore.

Playing on WC without any sliders (yet), and the defending is absolutely killing it for me.

One touch/sprint and an attacker is in behind and the defenders - regardless of attributes - are so slow to get back. Every goal I concede is as a result of this. I never feel like the CPU has legitimately gotten in behind, cut me open, put in a great cross or anything.
This! Very frustrating and has nothing to do with real football. The same thing happened also in FC24 all the time,

Glad it worked. Let us know how full manual feels on it, coz I think it's only you who who plays it this way here.
So, I had a couple of matches in sim mode. Had to choose professional as world class got to hectic.
As lots of bad and good aspects were already mentioned, regarding the full manual passing I found a good thing.
When usually the fuma gameplay is suffering from the AI getting a late leg out to kinda absorb a lot of passes unnaturally when I want to play the ball between opponent players, this isn’t happening anymore. I can play the ball much freer, more organic, close by them, reaching my mate in and outside the box. In the box it’s especially nice to see! Playing ground balls from the outside now reaching the intended receiver better. I like that.

Sure I’m missing all the benefits that a modded game brought to the table for me, but this one aspect was nice to see. It feels so much more fair and I think the ground passing benefits from it a lot.

Let’s see what Paul and James can do this year. 😊

So, I had a couple of matches in sim mode. Had to choose professional as world class got to hectic.
As lots of bad and good aspects were already mentioned, regarding the full manual passing I found a good thing.
When usually the fuma gameplay is suffering from the AI getting a late leg out to kinda absorb a lot of passes unnaturally when I want to play the ball between opponent players, this isn’t happening anymore. I can play the ball much freer, more organic, close by them, reaching my mate in and outside the box. In the box it’s especially nice to see! Playing ground balls from the outside now reaching the intended receiver better. I like that.
That's good to hear. And no feeling that manual feels more assisted? Coz I did hear it somewhere.

Also - one thing I always wanted them to introduce was to lock the direction of the pass/shoot the minute you start pressing the button.
I think they have 3 different options now and the earliest possible way to lock the direction is when you let go of the button.
Which always felt a bit late to me as at this point I was already thinking about controlling the receiver.
Had to force myself to learn to hold the direction of the pass/shoot longer than I wanted to.

Love seeing tweets like this one. Essentially a YouTuber saying "to all the people moaning that the game's too slow, you haven't got 99 OVR players yet and guess what, a more serious football game is a good thing".

Seeing this kind of thing from the "pro gamers" is vital to keep the game improving.

Though the guy who replies to "faster doesn't mean better" with "yeah it does actually" can go to hell...

That's good to hear. And no feeling that manual feels more assisted? Coz I did hear it somewhere.

Also - one thing I always wanted them to introduce was to lock the direction of the pass/shoot the minute you start pressing the button.
I think they have 3 different options now and the earliest possible way to lock the direction is when you let go of the button.
Which always felt a bit late to me as at this point I was already thinking about controlling the receiver.
Had to force myself to learn to hold the direction of the pass/shoot longer than I wanted to.
Hm… i could play the ball were I wanted to play it. Had some errors too…
But now that you mention it, I’ll have a close eye on this tomorrow.

The standard is “late”, right? I’ll try the earliest tomorrow and test it.
When returning to PES2021 a couple of weeks ago, I couldn’t stand the early lock. I usually don’t change my mind last second when playing a pass, but the PES way felt rigid/off these days. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I wonder if they've added the option to turn off pitch wear in career mode yet. Only had 4 years to do it...(If not more) Premier League pitches looking like Sunday League pitches in April and May. Laughable. Totally kills it.

Why can't I change camera in cup or league mode? It says the new camera angle in the menu but nothing changes. I can't really trust any menu options, how do I know simulation mode is actually on?

Also what is that yellow diamond that sometimes appears oe
Ver players heads supposed to mean?

Last edited:
I have made about 20 matches.
The game on simulation is nice but top fast. If they slow down the speed of the passes, it will be very nice.

The overall game is a good step in the right direction. Bring a simulation mode to the game is a message from EA to us, offline players.

We want this option to be back for years and we got it. If you like it , play many matches with this option enable.

The game is nice to play this year, I hope any patch will break this.

As a FUMA player, the freedom is great this year, I really like the gameplay.

I have made about 20 matches.
The game on simulation is nice but top fast. If they slow down the speed of the passes, it will be very nice.

The overall game is a good step in the right direction. Bring a simulation mode to the game is a message from EA to us, offline players.

We want this option to be back for years and we got it. If you like it , play many matches with this option enable.

The game is nice to play this year, I hope any patch will break this.

As a FUMA player, the freedom is great this year, I really like the gameplay.
the little steps in the right direction are really not worth a whole price title because FC 25 is nothing more than an update or could be included as a 10€ paid dlc

the little steps in the right direction are really not worth a whole price title because FC 25 is nothing more than an update or could be included as a 10€ paid dlc
I know that mate. I made 1000 matches by year do i can't wait aprio to start a career, I need my fix at the retail😅.
The last year I stopped playing in April because of the lack of player introduction, for career mode I can't playing without this. It kills immersion.

Last edited:
Why can't I change camera in cup or league mode? It says the new camera angle in the menu but nothing changes. I can't really trust any menu options, how do I know simulation mode is actually on?

Also what is that yellow diamond that sometimes appears oe
Ver players heads supposed to mean?

Haven't had any camera issues yet but I only played exhibition matches and no league/cup/career. But in EAFC 24 they screwed the camera up after the last update. Solution was to change the multiplayer cam as this applied to the normal camera. Perhaps it's worth a look?

The yellow markers are the play styles. For example if you do a finesse shot with a player who has the "finesse shot playstyle", which means he does it better than others, the marker for this specific playstyle appears. You can disable it somewhere in the graphic settings.
The playstyles are displayed in the players' menus.

Ive just read that Online Seasons have filter to only find you opponents who are on manual passing!
I have never even tried anything online on EA game, coz I just assumed it's all light speed ping pong.
Besides - even PES never had an option to filter based on Pass Assistance level.
Definitely something to look into

Ive just read that Online Seasons have filter to only find you opponents who are on manual passing!
I have never even tried anything online on EA game, coz I just assumed it's all light speed ping pong.
Besides - even PES never had an option to filter based on Pass Assistance level.
Oh that’s great news… if true.
We need confirmation though. Guess Friday will tell, eh?!

Are you getting it right away? Myself, I’ll wait for the first mod version and see.

Oh that’s great news… if true.
We need confirmation though. Guess Friday will tell, eh?!

Are you getting it right away
Some bloke on Reddit said that "he hates all this FUT stuff, but he really enjoys Online Seasons with manual passing filter, coz he is matched with people who like to play football and then going back to eFootball feels quite arcade" which was like music to my ears.
I've wanted manual passing filter on PES since forever and it never came, so I just assumed that there's no way EA has it..
But we will still have to confirm this.

I'll probably get it, yeah. I skipped last few editions, so it won't feel like I wasted money again.
And this is first time where there actually is something to talk about. I can provide some feedback on raw gameplay and hopefully see the SIM mode expanded.

Imagine if you could do that AND play in sim mode online too...

I only exclusively play offline because I'm forced to, because I'm only interested in playing a football-like game, not a lightspeed 1v1 arcade... thing.

Add a sim switch for online, EA, I beg you. I want to play real people again.

(Even if it's just a "set up friends league" option so that you play with like-minded people and not FUT players.)

As far as I'm concerned, the default gameplay for all modes excluding FUT should be sim gameplay anyway. If you play Online Seasons etc. you obviously want to play a football game that isn't some fantasy nonsense mode.

ok trial installed. simulation gameplay. what defending settings are the best one? in my head i should be using tactical but i cant remember (i havent played fifa for a long time)

player based difficulty? off?

ant other CPU sliders i should be changing?

ok trial installed. simulation gameplay. what defending settings are the best one? in my head i should be using tactical but i cant remember (i havent played fifa for a long time)

player based difficulty? off?

ant other CPU sliders i should be changing?
Everything is personal preference!

So the tactical settings are a new setting, this is the first year they've been introduced and they impact the AI's decision-making.

If you want to permanently slow the AI down, you can set custom sliders here and e.g. lower their "first-time pass" slider. This means they take more time on the ball before passing it (you could, in theory, use this to "pretend" the AI has to take a first-touch of the ball ever).

However, if you set it to "tactical", they change match-to-match depending on your opponent, and "dynamic" means that rather than being "hard-coded" sliders per team, it changes slightly each time (even if you play the same team ten times).

Personally I like "tactical" because it seems more realistic and makes playing each team feel unique, rather than playing in different ways each time. BUT, I'm starting to wonder if custom sliders for this will prevent the AI from being far too fast/clinical at the higher levels (to a mind-reading-alien degree).

Player Based Difficulty for me is a no, because it just makes the star players behave like aliens compared to the rest of the team (especially on WC and above).

I wouldn't change the sliders personally, other than to set them to "simulation mode". In my experience, custom sliders result in a poorer defensive AI.

cheers my main thought after a game or two is why the massive space in midfield and why is my defensive line so deep :D this is just tournament mode in the championship on world class

cheers my main thought after a game or two is why the massive space in midfield and why is my defensive line so deep :D this is just tournament mode in the championship on world class
I don't think sim mode is working in Tournament mode at the moment.

When I've tested it in Kick Off mode, I've had lots of 0-0s when playing as Tranmere.

Doing an FA Cup in Tournament mode yesterday, as Tranmere, vs Barrow... It was 2-2 within 25 minutes.

Played the same game in Kick Off mode and it felt entirely different. I think there may be a lot of bugs when it comes to sliders this year...

I don't think sim mode is working in Tournament mode at the moment.

When I've tested it in Kick Off mode, I've had lots of 0-0s when playing as Tranmere.

Doing an FA Cup in Tournament mode yesterday, as Tranmere, vs Barrow... It was 2-2 within 25 minutes.

Played the same game in Kick Off mode and it felt entirely different. I think there may be a lot of bugs when it comes to sliders this year...
thats good news because i spent about half an hour figuring out how to save some tactics and every time it just didnt save and went back to default.

will try kick off mode

do you know if sim mode works in career?

Game speed in online seasons is not as bad as first 2 days. I think it was bug or server issue because it was very fast at first. Now i can say that this game is improved version of FC24. Almost every aspect is better than FC24. Is it enough, no there many things that could be improved. For example, sim mode must come to online seasons aswell. Give us the option to play more methodical gameplay.

Even though there is no sim mode option in online seasons, it is better than FC24 in it's current state. Passing feels more free, ball psyhics is better and realistic especially when shooting. Animations are more varied and better. There are more ways to score and i've seen very different goals and finishing animations. Tactical depth is better and there are many options to choose from. Like i said before, i am not saying this is the best football game ever. It's definitely better than FC24 and play more like football than last years' Fifa games.

Game speed in online seasons is not as bad as first 2 days. I think it was bug or server issue because it was very fast at first.
Based on your post, I've just played a full-manual game of Online Seasons and... Drew 0-0... :CONFUSE:

That is mind-blowing. An online game that finished 0-0...

There must be something really weird going on with sliders etc. at the moment, because the speed of the online game I just played was CATEGORICALLY slower than the same game played vs AI with sim mode enabled when in Career Mode.

I know players get boosts in CM but still... That should not be happening. If the online game I just played was the same speed as all my offline games, I'd be happy. Which is crazy, right?!

Also - have you noticed second halves being faster than the first? The first half had really nice pace, but the second half was definitely faster.

(I selected 3.5-star Southampton and locked the settings to manual only and same rating only - then had to play 5-star Liverpool...)

agree that online seasons was suprisingly slow and enjoyable. lost my first game 1-0 despite not being at the races at all because of my lack of familarity of controls. might try another!

and what about overall gameplay speed when playing in early hours vs afternoon (real life time)

and game Speed when playing at around 120fps vs 60fps?
60fps was way slower

Back
Top Bottom