EA SPORTS FC 25

I can't agree with the very positive comments about the game. Apart from the first two matches I played, which I somewhat liked, after playing about 10 matches, I can now say that it remains a typical FIFA game. A game without soul, focused on skills, with terrible player movement and player feeling. When you're running to defend, the players seem like they're jogging. The only positives are the feeling of scoring goals, mainly thanks to the amazing net physics (the best ever in a soccer game). Fortunately, there's a trial, and I didn't waste my money. I'll stick with eFootball 25 and wait to see if 2K surprises us next year.

Had fun doing youth tournament (rush) games in manager career on sim. But my first game my defender hyper extended his leg to make a block, it was an amazing block to be fair.
Sim in manager career feels decent, so far, moving the ball around to open up space and trying to be patient, but that could just be me wanting the game to feel more real. CPU still does some of the same shit on occasion, like the twitch dribbling and random leg breakers as others have pointed out.

Only tried drop ins/Rush for clubs, and it's exactly the same shit, sprint down the wing, cross, switch switch switch switch, spin in circles til the AI decides to run straight at the attacker, etc.
Because everyone is so low goalkeepers look amazing, but once people level up I'm sure they'll start missing shots directly at them. It would be nice if they pumped goal keeping ability up.

The foot planting appears to only happen sometimes, randomly. Ball is stuck to players feet, etc.
Tackles and blocks fall to the other team way too often, there's no reward for defending well.
As broxopios said, running when defending does feel off, it feels like you're stuck in molasses, no matter who you're running with - very odd.

Please EA fix the UCL gameplay! The AI CPU play 100% 50m rocket passes to the strikers and they shooting and shooting and shoo...

I played UCL with Atleti at home v Leipzig. RB had 34 shoots in the whole game and one of his striker had 16 shoots alone. This is for my opinion, way to much in 8 minute halves.

I can't agree with the very positive comments about the game. Apart from the first two matches I played, which I somewhat liked, after playing about 10 matches, I can now say that it remains a typical FIFA game. A game without soul, focused on skills, with terrible player movement and player feeling. When you're running to defend, the players seem like they're jogging. The only positives are the feeling of scoring goals, mainly thanks to the amazing net physics (the best ever in a soccer game). Fortunately, there's a trial, and I didn't waste my money. I'll stick with eFootball 25 and wait to see if 2K surprises us next year.
Yes unfortunately I’m with you. First sensations were positive after the beta, but more I play, more I’m starting to become frustrated.

I do see a progression on last year though, so I hope maybe at some point this year it’s better still, guess depends on what the patches bring.

It's better as myself and others have explained in several posts. But I still can't see myself buying it.

Having EA Play on Game Pass is a blessing in disguise. I've had my fun with the trial and got the urge to play a new football game out of my system.

Hard to judge the game when some games play great, others play like dogshit
Just had a frustrating game where their keeper saved everything and of course when they get close to my goal, their attacker is like Moses parting the Red Sea (the Red Sea being my useless CBs).

When the game is good it can be pretty enjoyable, will try to save some hours of the trial for after the first week's update. for now it looks like a Black Friday <$30 purchase

I hope POV cameras make it into real football somehow. They have the driver cam in F1 and Formula e, I'm sure football is the next step, starting with the ref I guess

Think EA might need to tone down the aggression, currently playing a 20 min career mode game Chelsea Vs Man city, and Man city have had 3 players sent off and it's almost half time. (Thought I'll play as a big team, to see how good the presentation was)

Seems like it’s gonna be yet another year of waiting for modders to fix the basic career mode stuff that EA does not care too much about - yet bragging about it in their list of features :).

Just played for an hour of so. I do not see big improvment over FC24. I am kinda used to play slider modified FC24 and "simulation" FC25 is just that. Gampleay is bit slower, ball is not that fast but that's it. Still no fouls, no creativity....

It is better when you play with 2-3 stars teams instead of the big ones but still no simulation at all.

I kinda like that 5v5 mode, which is not Volta but regular game. Might be funny arcade football game on their own.

Online gameplay is even faster than FC24. This shit should be called hyperactive movement not hypermotion. Players turn instantly, off the ball movement is way too unrealistic.

I have a theory that, in sim mode, the base game speed (which impacts all physics) is turned up or down depending on the match - just hunch based on what I'm seeing, but if that's the case, that would be appalling.

The main reason I think this, is that some games, my players feel grounded and it's a beautiful feeling (and the opposition too). Then the next game, they're on rocket skates (along with the opponent). If the speed is just being turned up or down to make it feel different... That would be such an insult.

As someone has already pointed out, Champions League games in-particular are like going from "sim mode" to "Ultimate Team mode", but it's not just the horrible accuracy (which IS bad, mainly because the pass-related "PlayStyles" OP bullshit makes it impossible to miss a pass for example)... It's the speed of the entire game. All players turn so quickly it looks like they're having a seizure, and the ball moves like a bullet.

Played a few more career sim games, finding the AI does a LOT of this: turn around and dribble to their own defenders, once you're close they pull out an instant turn to try to beat you, if you're pressing well they just turn back around and dribble towards their own defense again, and all of this is on the wing, no matter what cpu player has the ball.

Played a few more career sim games, finding the AI does a LOT of this: turn around and dribble to their own defenders, once you're close they pull out an instant turn to try to beat you, if you're pressing well they just turn back around and dribble towards their own defense again, and all of this is on the wing, no matter what cpu player has the ball.
I found this happened loads on Legendary, but not so much on World Class. Which doesn't help if you don't find World Class challenging and/or can't make it challenging with manual controls etc.!

What's the best difficulty for realism?
World Class feels good to me - Legendary introduces too much silliness. But it depends on your controller settings etc., and your ability - you'd have to experiment yourself.

World Class feels good to me - Legendary introduces too much silliness. But it depends on your controller settings etc., and your ability - you'd have to experiment yourself.
Regardless of difficulty, the aggression from the CPU seems ridiculous, I had a game where there was three red cards before half time, and then bumped it up to World Class, where the score was 5-3 just before half time, and I'm not a good player at all. (Red card each) I think I'm going back to old FIFA.

Tested game again. I could stay with skating, poor physics etc ..i can accept a more arcade experience in this regard.
I really can't go over 1 vs 1 mechanics. It's unacceatable see defensive line waiting back, with opponent winger or forward run into space without anyone track him. I have only the control of one player, plus a second one to make some pressing to ball carrier: how the hell should i cover all the passing lanes with only one player?
Not to mention that Defenders are always too much far from opponent's forward which have always a lot of space to turn (something that don't happens at all in real life).
I like the manual defending,but it should be there even A.i off the ball movement. It's a fucking 11vs11 sport.
A.i is too much important in football game. A football game can't only rely on fancy animations,reactive dribbling and controls or amazing ball physics (but this last one doesn't belong to FC).
Why old PS2 Pes are so much good? Cause they fusion control responsivness,arcadish animations with a great ball physics, physical challenges,great players individuality and a good A.i
It doesn't mind if they have auto passes or only 8 directions when everything is well rounded and balanced.
Fc25,again like its predecessors since fifa20, is an arcade football game but umbalanced too..
I will stuck on PS2 and fifa16/14 this year too

hey M, it was the xbox account linking that was causing the prob. xbox account is linked now... game is downloading.
thx
Glad it worked. Let us know how full manual feels on it, coz I think it's only you who who plays it this way here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom