EA SPORTS FC 25

Yeah, I don’t understand how e football gets away with having fake kits that at least use colours and design that are vaguely in the ballpark, yet fifa/eafc give us this waffle

My, not entirely ideal workaround for the fake teams, if you really want to play as them…..go into the squad editor and make the whole squad free agents and then do a created club in career mode, creating decent-ish look-alike kits and just sign all the free agents.

It’s a faff but something
That is genius - I think I might actually have to do that!

Legacy

Height: 0
Zoom: 0
Far Side Focus: 1

I just like football videogames looking like football videogames of the past when it comes to camera, lol. Use similiar settings in eFootball. Prefer player models looking abit flatter/side-on so as I can see animations/kit contrasts more clearly.
Thanks mate

Tryed the game. Is better than fc24 but i really can't stay with 1 vs 1 mechanics. Struggle to be in the right position at right moment, cause player switch sucks plus the opponent player's super agility is something that turn me totally off.
A.i is maybe One of the most important thing,if not the most because you can have the best animation, physics etc..but with a dead a.i all is wasted.
Well physics sucks too,but I could accept it if they blast 1vs1 one day.
I don't like players individuality neither, but this is always been a problem i have with old FIFA too, where i can't really feel difference between players,exeptions Speed/agility, in a way i like (old PS2 Pes do)

Yeah, I don’t understand how e football gets away with having fake kits that at least use colours and design that are vaguely in the ballpark, yet fifa/eafc give us this waffle

My, not entirely ideal workaround for the fake teams, if you really want to play as them…..go into the squad editor and make the whole squad free agents and then do a created club in career mode, creating decent-ish look-alike kits and just sign all the free agents.

It’s a faff but something
This!!

Is it so difficult to make a red shirt with black pinstripes, or at a minimum, red shirt, white shorts and black socks. I don't mind the fake Inter away tbh, with the snake. Atalanta is a bit of a mess too.

Ironically, Lazio is acceptable, like proof they could do it if they wanted to

I can't get with it. Skating as bad as before, CPU midfield runs away when you run at them, keeper's positioning on build up is absolute random or follows first suporting offensive player rather than the player in possession, first touch for EFL League Two teams is equivalent to prime Ronaldinho, CPU only regains shape on transition on one side of the field, fullbacks can't press without a 'random' delay if the CPU is losing.

Terrible.

At least the scorelines are more sensible. (Offline only player.) I've had probably as many 0-0 results (2) as in the whole of my time with FC 24. A nice smattering of 1-0, 1-1, 2-0 etc. Only one crazy scoreline so far, a 4-4.

One huge minus point: is it true that you can no longer manually tweak player positions now? I mean where you could press X/Square and manually drag player positions around. To me that's a staple of a football game and its removal in FC 25 is baffling. I've read that the right use of the new tactical system supposedly nullifies anything you could do manually yourself, but I still don't like it. Nothing like dragging your sensible 4-4-2 into an on-the-fly 2-3-5 formation when you need a goal in the last few minutes. Hoping it's there somewhere and I've missed it...

At least the scorelines are more sensible. (Offline only player.) I've had probably as many 0-0 results (2) as in the whole of my time with FC 24. A nice smattering of 1-0, 1-1, 2-0 etc. Only one crazy scoreline so far, a 4-4.

One huge minus point: is it true that you can no longer manually tweak player positions now? I mean where you could press X/Square and manually drag player positions around. To me that's a staple of a football game and its removal in FC 25 is baffling. I've read that the right use of the new tactical system supposedly nullifies anything you could do manually yourself, but I still don't like it. Nothing like dragging your sensible 4-4-2 into an on-the-fly 2-3-5 formation when you need a goal in the last few minutes. Hoping it's there somewhere and I've missed it...

Man I haven't managed to find this too. It's really weird. I also see they've removed a lot of the individual and teams instructions as well - or did I miss it somewhere? That makes no sense at all. With all the tactical revamp, why getting these out? There's a lot I used to do with these that I can't now...

I go against the grain, (I'm still from PES2021 today...) the last FIFA I played/tried was FIFA 19 I think! so I'm not good, the level is expert! I tried 3 simulation games and 2 classic games with customized CPU slide settings modified like this: I had a lot more fun! Slower CPU, more humane passes and fewer spins at 300 km/h

Attachments

• EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.22.89.jpg
    EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.22.89.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 39
  • EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.33.25.jpg
    EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.33.25.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 38
  • EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.38.73.jpg
    EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.38.73.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 27
  • EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.44.59.jpg
    EA SPORTS FC 25 Screenshot 2024.09.21 - 12.04.44.59.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 37
Yeah - I think a lot of the indivual instructions are now locked into the player roles. There's not as much freedom to it on the surface when your tinkering with them but players do seem a tad more intelligent on the pitch with each player's ability to perform their role dependent on stats and how suited they are to it. Not sure yet whether i prefer it or not.

Possibly a plaebo, but there does seem to be, at least a smattering, of player ID which is cool. Had a lot of fun with Kvara doing Kvara things.

There also appears to be a nice variety to the cpu goals. Bologna scored a lovely goal against me last night by crossing deep and their forward doing this kind of cussioned lob-header.

Tentatively enjoying the trial on Sim mode, there's a lot to admire alongside the persistent hypermotion draw backs - really interested to see what the OS guys cook up with sliders as they could potentially improve it significantly with some of the new ai options in there. Or on the other hand, EA could nuke everything with a YouTube Bro-Pro patch (they're definitely going to whine that it's too slow)

Last edited:
Turn on my Xbox, big banner "try 10 hour trial EAFC25" then I go to the store page and can't download the trial, it's nowhere there 😅 this is funny, not the first time, definitely not the last time. Same happend with NHL and Madden.

Anyone who has the same issue you need to force installation from the mobile app.

Turn on my Xbox, big banner "try 10 hour trial EAFC25" then I go to the store page and can't download the trial, it's nowhere there 😅 this is funny, not the first time, definitely not the last time. Same happend with NHL and Madden.

Anyone who has the same issue you need to force installation from the mobile app.
I had a mare trying to find it,

If you search for it on the xbox store you have to find the one of the bajillion versions that gives you the option to play the trial....it's one of the ones with just Bellingham on the front. Good luck

I've had some great games this morning as Tranmere in League Two - weirdly, my favourite game of all was in the Rush mode.

It's proper 5v5 football, it's not Volta any more. Feels grounded, feels great.

But as soon as you have players with an OVR beyond 70, Hypermotion goes into overdrive, pass speed increases, and it becomes really difficult to enjoy. Which is a massive shame, given how much more enjoyable it is.

I had played one match yeasterday as Atleti v Valencia. I played the sim mode with tactical AI CPU, 8 Minutes halves but just on Professionel and passes manual and shooting semi assisted.

This first match was a good one. On the first minutes of the game, Valencia made a bit pressure what the late the first half was the pressure was even less.
I made on a counter attack at the second half my 1:0 and the opponent AI had blow up the pressure the last 15 minutes. But I won it 1:0. Oblak saved the last chance from Valencia befor they had shoot of the post.

The CPU AI had one yellow card on a rough foul and had 3 times handplay.

The manual passing makes a real difference I think. (first time ever including all PES or Fifa, I played it manual.) With the sim mode, we have a good base with the gameplay.

FIrst impression with the new german commentary was defenitely better then the old duo.

Finally, EA developed more bench player then before the decades. At least for LaLiga.

I find the new replay system tedious and I miss just going into replay and zooming into what I want to see.

Should've been optional

I had a mare trying to find it,

If you search for it on the xbox store you have to find the one of the bajillion versions that gives you the option to play the trial....it's one of the ones with just Bellingham on the front. Good luck
Not even standard edition with Jude on the front does not show me the trial 😅 but once I finish downloading standard version it lets me play, it's just super user-unfriendly

I've had some great games this morning as Tranmere in League Two - weirdly, my favourite game of all was in the Rush mode.

It's proper 5v5 football, it's not Volta any more. Feels grounded, feels great.

But as soon as you have players with an OVR beyond 70, Hypermotion goes into overdrive, pass speed increases, and it becomes really difficult to enjoy. Which is a massive shame, given how much more enjoyable it is.
I'm gonna give this a try this afternoon. I initially thought "bah, it's just more ADHD Volta crap" but a lot of people seem to be interested and enjoying it. Got nothing to lose by trying it I guess.

Hey all, quick question, are we all sticking with sim, or people got some custom sliders? Thanks
I play on custom sliders (everything on 50 by default), Legend difficulty, career mode with Sporting. Its better then EAFC24. On sim sliders its like you cant score a goal, its easier to defend, but harder to score. On custom/default sliders i dont have ice hockey scores, at least in career mode.

On sim sliders its like you cant score a goal, its easier to defend, but harder to score.
Jesus, don't say that.
The minute EA gets feedback that you can't score a goal on SIM mode - they are likely to reverse all the good changes in favour of goalfest again.
I always tell people - spend some time with the game, learn it, lower difficulty if needed, but don't say something is too hard. Not these days!
This is first EA footy game in years where it takes some effort to score a goal.

On personal note - the more research I do the more sad I am and I'm reconsidering getting it now.
There is plenty of stuff that is not working as intented and stuff that should not have been changed, yet it did. Stuff that matters to me and stuff that will break my immersion.
For someone who likes Player Career - it's a pretty much slap in the face.

1. Youth players in Career Mode only age for few initial years. As far as I know - they physically change between 13-16/17 year old. Then they just stop. Which means - they always look like teenagers, never grow beards, till they retire.

2. Entrance Scenes are still not back in Player Career. You still only see locker room and then there's kick off. Entrance scenes were one of the main reasons for me to upgrade from 24 to 25.

3. As we know - Power Bar is a locked slider on SIM Mode.

4. In Player Career, for whatever reason, they changed your starting Stats. Now you are starting with 73-75 OVR. Every stat is 75.
They upped the starting points from 68 OVR. Why?? Who asked for it??
Even 68 felt high, coz when I started in league 2 I was in top 3 rated players from the start.
Besides - you can be 75 OVR by mid season, coz you are getting skill points left right and centre. I actually had to bring personal rule to not use them, otherwise I would be Overpowered by mid season. So why increasing starting point?? Who thought it was a good idea??

5. They still haven't fixed that you can't watch your team playing from the bench. When you come in as a sub - it SIMs the match up to that point and then just tells you what's the score and that you are coming in. You can watch the rest of the match if they take you off, but not when you are starting as a sub

6. Oh and initial SIM'ed matches, when you are on a bench, have zero shots and zero goals. So sim'ing is broken.

So Player Career is actually a big step back, rather than forward.

And the saddest part of all this is that most of the things I listed here cannot be described as Bugs. Just a bad design.
Which means that the chance for these to be fixed is more or less - ZERO.
It will be "Low impact/Low priority"

So yeah - all the improvements I was looking forward to are basically not there, apart from better gameplay. Does not justify 80quid I'm afraid..

Have someone played career mode so far? Is it a bug, or does the AI Behaviour (Tactical one) always change from team to team? I mean sliders by default are on 50, but as i played against Casa Pia sliders on Tactical AI have been changed. Now i play against Rio Ave, and there are completely different sliders in AI Behaviour as it was against previous team.

Last edited:
Kids started the 10h trial. Told them to leave me 30mins before the trial ends to try sim mode, they asked what is this.
Probably they will spend the whole 10h trial so I'm just relying to some of you guys for some reliable feedback if this one plays a bit like football. Please.
Already told the kids I'm not spending £60 or £70 for crap. Bought them Black Myth this month, which ofc I haven't played as I hate any Souls or Souls-like games.

I just can’t find the freaking ea play fc25 on PC…
I’m a gamepass ultimate subscriber…
Can’t find the trail in EA app on PC… just the preorder. 🤷‍♂️

If someone can hint me in the right direction please?!

Back
Top Bottom