EA SPORTS FC 25

The game suck, players and ball that fluctuate even more, buttery animations, the players are made of rubber and move their limbs as they like as if they didn't have a bone or muscle structure, ball that pierces the players even more, even more script ... the usual defensive system, already bad but even worse than fc 24 because the attack phase is even easier on fc 25, the ball remains even more stuck to the feet making it difficult to catch the ball from the defenders...

Success resulting from EA's marketing which has brainwashed players into becoming "gambling addicts" and "blind" for years, making them get used to a certain broken gameplay, convincing them that this is real football, and as soon as someone makes more real games the players complain that players are made of wood or it's not reactive/responsive, like on efootball, lol, EA's game has gotten worse since hypermotion, because the scripted animations force the player to perform them without completely caring about what it happens around, as the position of the players or of the ball, this is why there are often balls that pass through the players or between them...

This also makes the gameplay buttery, but if you go to replay you know how much shit you find, you have no idea... bad game that gets worse every year... defensive phase with the usual problems, often there is the last player who doesn't advance as if had a mental blackout, staying behind and creating a majority advantage situation for the opponent who attacks and concedes goals most of the time, for these defenders offside does not exist, it is very easy to penetrate centrally, the usual broken action of breaking through on the blocks is still present sides, go close to the line and make the pass backwards because there will always be a free player and 4 times out of 5 it's always a goal, leaving aside the rip-offs that the Konami game does every year passing them off as new, dynamic weather present since PES 19, present also on efootball, sensational shots, player leveling, touch of the sole, even tactics now, and much more...

It's really a shame that players no longer recognize what good football gameplay is...
Responsiveness, I repeat, does not mean that the game is made better, wait until I make the game more responsive by making the leg flexible and able to turn 360 degrees, this is FC.

You want better gameplay, go to Efootball and give it time, because after years and years of playing shitty games on Fifa you have to detoxify yourself over time, but when you get used to the gameplay of efootball if you don't quit it first by saying the usual things like "the players I'm made of wood" in fact, returning to FC, as well as the fact that you'll be great and win easily, you'll realize how much FC sucks and is poorly made.

For 5-6 years now, EA has focused only on the scenography, tending to make everything cinematic and spectacular, perhaps because they can't fix the gameplay and it's now a fact.

PS in the rivals I'm at 10 wins to 0, already division 5 with still the x2, I've been playing FIFA for 20 years, and I've always been in division 1... so don't give a damn about my skills and don't call me Pes Fan, I have I made an objective criticism and I simply analyze the games well and I have an eagle eye, I don't let myself be convinced by marketing... and I'm talking about gameplay so save yourself the usual criticism "but efootball has no mode", we know, no one he said the opposite, but on the one hand there is a free to play, on the other a standard game costing 80 euros, but many take the deluxe to get the shitty packages by spending over 100 euros, even leaving out the microtransactions in a paid game, terrible in my opinion, on the one hand there is a game that now has much fewer console players than in the past, on the other hand a game with enormous player support and often first in the rankings in sales... do the math, in your opinion if ef had the user base of fifa, wouldn't konami support as god commands? Come on, you must know about company situations...

Just had my first coupe of games there. I'm one of these rare people that managed to get some enjoyment out of putting the sliders on fc24 and I'd definitely say that this is an improvement, even if it's still not the cerebral football sim we all want.

The good:
- Forza Napoli!
- Played only the sim mode and found that the ai was actually trying to play football against me. It was diffiult to break down and didn't just resort to trying the same 'Fifa-isms' to take me on. Possibly just the way I play, but I've found that in pretty much every fifa (and pes for that matter) since 16, I've dominated possesion no matter who im playing as, so I was gobsmacked that In both the games i played I ended up with less possession than the cpu.
- Generally feels more grounded and with less (emphasis on the term 'less') of that low-key magnetic feel.
- If the sim mode remains consistent and not mucked around by live tuning and updates, I'll be happy not having to keep tinkering with the sliders.
- The return of match intros

The bad:
- The majority of the silly, physics breaking, tik-tok routine, hypermotion nonsense is still lurking around in there. Some of it has certainly 'improved' and ive generally got to a point where i can look past it, but it's still not good enough.
- and this one really twists my melon......why, for the love of God, can't you edit the generic kits of the unlicenced Serie A teams!? Efootball at least manages to give the unlicenced sides jerseys that sort of resemble the general style and colour of the unlicenced sides.....yet in this Milan have some orange and red, Butlins rep style number, it's ridiculous.
- When the ball is out wide, centre forwards still don't feel like they're looking for space in the box to capitalise on the cross, even complete penalty box predators like Lukaku just mill around on the edge of the area.
- Although the game looks like it's from this generation graphically (the fact that efootball looks as bad as it does on console is a travesty) the lighting is still pretty off.

Overall - looks like this will probably keep scratching my football itch. I'll b interested to see how the sim mode works in career as in the past it has been muddied by all the stupid 'boosts' your players get.

Last edited:
Had a go at it. Its definitely enjoyable in Sim mode, at least much more than previous versions.
foot planting looked much better when actually playing vs videos
had some good games... not buying just yet until I see what first patch does. its def a game I would buy, but for now Im on hold until price goes down.

I noticed the shadows moved as the game progressed, I know some people like that detail.

also big question I think I had this problem on last years game, quick subs don't work for me on xsx. the icon R2 appears but when I click nothing happens, anyone has an idea what I could be doing wrong?

I know this is 1000% placebo, all in my mind, but I played some la Liga games and it looked (foot planting, movements) much better than when I switched to premier league (felt more twitchy, more fc24-ish, more slide-y). placebo, but still....

anyway, enjoyable for now, much better than '23 and '24 after very small sample size of games.

Will be interesting to test custom sliders vs sim mode.

After playing more matches, and adjusting, I feel the game is still too blinky blinky fast. Shit happens before I my eyes and brain even have time to process what has happened when it comes to the final 3rd, ping pong passing and dribbling. The passes release unrealistically fast a lot of the time like on FIFA 16 and I feel like your attacking players are too static.

Too many times I have either carried the ball forwards and ran past my own attackers when they should be making runs for me, or I hold the ball up waiting for support that never comes.

And finally I don't know if it's just me or whether the predetermined shot/save roulette is back but it seems keepers are nigh on indestructible.

Sure I don't want the dumb keepers of last year but I've had a few matches where they've pulled off unstoppable save after save that starts breaking my immersion a bit.

And finally I don't know if it's just me or whether the predetermined shot/save roulette is back but it seems keepers are nigh on indestructible.

Sure I don't want the dumb keepers of last year but I've had a few matches where they've pulled off unstoppable save after save that starts breaking my immersion a bit.
There's an easy way to back this up with the match stats - just look at the xG. If the scores are constantly low, e.g. 1-0, but the xG is constantly e.g. 5.3 vs 4.8... That shows something is artificially keeping scores down.

In my experience, that's the keepers (you can dive further into shots on target and saves made to back this up).

I love the keepers, because I can honestly say I've not seen a silly save yet. But I also know you're 100% right.

Don’t nerf the keepers ……….if EA drop the keeper ability we all know it’s not going to be a simple tweak, they will suddenly become clowns and we get back to 4-4 at half time
Agreed. It's a horrible shortcut, but of all the horrible shortcuts (e.g. the random leg-breakers the AI do in order to force fouls), it's the least offensive one IMO!

Has anyone tried "disable transfers" option in career mode?
Well, even though I set it off, CPU stil makes transfers. And lots of them lol

Has anyone tried "disable transfers" option in career mode?
Well, even though I set it off, CPU stil makes transfers. And lots of them lol
Interesting - I set it to "disable first transfer window" and in my first game, the commentators told me Joselu had signed for Man United. Must be bugged.

why, for the love of God, can't you edit the generic kits of the unlicenced Serie A teams!? Efootball at least manages to give the unlicenced sides jerseys that sort of resemble the general style and colour of the unlicenced sides.....yet in this Milan have some orange and red, Butlins rep style number, it's ridiculous.
In general, honestly - just like the match intros that were removed (but are now back) - I personally don't care about not having a kit editor to make the very few unlicensed teams look licensed (or at least, less fake).

However...

Those fake Milan kits are properly pukey. They're so vile, so obviously non-football shirt in their design, it's genuinely off-putting. :LOL:

I can only imagine that they've had some kind of legal advice (or threat) and had to make the Milan kit(s) absolutely 0% associated with the real ones. In which case, give them plain white shirts or something... Don't make them wear a fabric version of a migraine...

Had a couple of games. To be honest I'm disappointed. Will try the sliders but feel i had fc 24 in a better state with sliders than this. However i play 15 min halves so i dont suppose im priority gameplay wise for developers.

Sharing some early impressions and tweaks... So for me this definitely seems to be a much better representation of the sport than they've produced for the last few years.

As I had expected, I don't necessarily think 'sim mode' is the answer. Half the sliders in that menu have had strange unintended effects on gameplay for at least four or five years now. So a thrown together slider preset doesn't seem to do much other than give the game an odd, slow motion-esque look while the AI exhibits all of the usual behaviours.

However, I do think there's some real gold to be found in the CPU Sliders/AI Behaviours section. EA seemed to market this as a way to provide variety between the way teams approach the user, but for me this looks more like a way to calm the AI down and have them actually act like a football team. Player roles, Tactics (and the 100s of other systems they've thrown in to this game) can take care of variety.

So far, I've had some pretty good joy by drastically reducing Buildup Speed and First Touch Pass Frequency. While increasing Tackle Aggression, Shot Frequency and Dribble Frequency. Just playing a game of Fifa where the AI aren't in 'pass first, think later' mode is refreshing.

In addition to this I've slightly reduced Line Length for the user/cpu and increased Line Width, in an attempt to address the completely disengaged central midfielders.

With everything else at default I'm quite happy in general with what I've played so far!

Let's give EA credit, They have listened to a lot of the feedback regarding SIM modes.

They gave us a lot of tools to shape the gameplay to our tastes (Sliders,Tactical flexibility,Manual controls, AI behaviour...etc)

This product will satisfy most of users unless EA starts breaking it with their updates as usual.

i really think if the gameplay modders slow down players selected animations ( mostly when you turn around the player with the ball because is fast AF even on sim mode) it will be amazing because the skating feel is really reduced on this one,it really feels more grounded than FC24 even it remains still fast paced both on sim mode and classic one, it just needs to be slowed down on certain areas, sim mode feels fast when you playing with high rated teams.

Couple more things I want to moan about.

Why is it in this day and age we can't have a simple option to select goalkeeper/referee kits? I just played against Villareal and the referee of course HAD TO wear yellow for fuck sake. Exited and replayed the match, and he wore yellow again! What the hell.

That POV camera being forced onto everything all of a sudden, again what the fuck? Does some producer have fetish for this or something? It never looks good, misses the action most of the time and I just want a broadcast experience in my game. Not these gimmicky wooshy woah brah hypermotion cringe crap infesting my football game.

Played a few matches on Legendary with the Sim Sliders and I just don't know if enough has changed or is being demanded of me to pay full price for the game.

It's by no means poor, or massively disappointing or anything. I just don't know if it has enough to offer me as a single player gamer. Could simply be down to me finishing up my time with EAFC24 in June, so it all feels a bit too familiar (though admittedly tweaked/enhanced) and I just ain't in the mood for a footy game again at this time.

Goalkeepers, shooting, and the interaction between the two, is fantastic by the way*.

I'm really impressed with the variety of saves, but more impressive, they're always "right" - including the outcomes (sometimes the ball deflects a small distance, sometimes a long way, and it feels proportionate to the shot and the goalkeeper animation).

Shot variety feels improved, with some lovely curves, rising shots etc. - and you can score some lovely goals by putting it into the area where the space is, the keeper unable to get there, with a completely natural feel.

So much of the game feels unnatural and the opposite of organic (glue boots, twitching movement etc.) - but in this area, it's brilliant.

I'm feeling more satisfaction from scoring than I have in a long time - 70% because of how much harder it is to create chances, and 30% because the keepers feel like they're actually trying their best to keep me out - both of which leads to a feeling of achievement. AT LAST!

*Other than the occasional goalkeeper skate (where they start sliding in the direction they're going to dive in with both feet still on the ground) - which again, feels like a "core game design" issue that will never, ever be removed. Hypermotion is still a bad thing.

Just want to add that I agree wholeheartedly regards what the final third offers in finishing variety and overall goalkeeper animation.

I am maybe one of that rare breed that can still play the odd bit of eFootball and actually rather enjoy it, but there is simply no doubt that EA are MILES ahead when realising this aspect of the sport.

What I'm most pleased about is the passing and through balls, now through passes actually go into space and curve and the passes allow me more control over the power and how far I want them to travel. No more weird assisted AI bullshit where it tries guess my pass locking for me!
You were a manual player?!
Or is that observation for assisted passing?

The game suck, players and ball that fluctuate even more, buttery animations, the players are made of rubber and move their limbs as they like as if they didn't have a bone or muscle structure, ball that pierces the players even more, even more script ... the usual defensive system, already bad but even worse than fc 24 because the attack phase is even easier on fc 25, the ball remains even more stuck to the feet making it difficult to catch the ball from the defenders...

Success resulting from EA's marketing which has brainwashed players into becoming "gambling addicts" and "blind" for years, making them get used to a certain broken gameplay, convincing them that this is real football, and as soon as someone makes more real games the players complain that players are made of wood or it's not reactive/responsive, like on efootball, lol, EA's game has gotten worse since hypermotion, because the scripted animations force the player to perform them without completely caring about what it happens around, as the position of the players or of the ball, this is why there are often balls that pass through the players or between them...

This also makes the gameplay buttery, but if you go to replay you know how much shit you find, you have no idea... bad game that gets worse every year... defensive phase with the usual problems, often there is the last player who doesn't advance as if had a mental blackout, staying behind and creating a majority advantage situation for the opponent who attacks and concedes goals most of the time, for these defenders offside does not exist, it is very easy to penetrate centrally, the usual broken action of breaking through on the blocks is still present sides, go close to the line and make the pass backwards because there will always be a free player and 4 times out of 5 it's always a goal, leaving aside the rip-offs that the Konami game does every year passing them off as new, dynamic weather present since PES 19, present also on efootball, sensational shots, player leveling, touch of the sole, even tactics now, and much more...

It's really a shame that players no longer recognize what good football gameplay is...
Responsiveness, I repeat, does not mean that the game is made better, wait until I make the game more responsive by making the leg flexible and able to turn 360 degrees, this is FC.

You want better gameplay, go to Efootball and give it time, because after years and years of playing shitty games on Fifa you have to detoxify yourself over time, but when you get used to the gameplay of efootball if you don't quit it first by saying the usual things like "the players I'm made of wood" in fact, returning to FC, as well as the fact that you'll be great and win easily, you'll realize how much FC sucks and is poorly made.

For 5-6 years now, EA has focused only on the scenography, tending to make everything cinematic and spectacular, perhaps because they can't fix the gameplay and it's now a fact.

PS in the rivals I'm at 10 wins to 0, already division 5 with still the x2, I've been playing FIFA for 20 years, and I've always been in division 1... so don't give a damn about my skills and don't call me Pes Fan, I have I made an objective criticism and I simply analyze the games well and I have an eagle eye, I don't let myself be convinced by marketing... and I'm talking about gameplay so save yourself the usual criticism "but efootball has no mode", we know, no one he said the opposite, but on the one hand there is a free to play, on the other a standard game costing 80 euros, but many take the deluxe to get the shitty packages by spending over 100 euros, even leaving out the microtransactions in a paid game, terrible in my opinion, on the one hand there is a game that now has much fewer console players than in the past, on the other hand a game with enormous player support and often first in the rankings in sales... do the math, in your opinion if ef had the user base of fifa, wouldn't konami support as god commands? Come on, you must know about company situations...
I Didn't try yet fc25, and i am sure i will be disappointed. But efootball sucks too. It sucks in a different way but still sucks.

What's everyone's best camera setting or option?
Legacy

Height: 0
Zoom: 0
Far Side Focus: 1

I just like football videogames looking like football videogames of the past when it comes to camera, lol. Use similiar settings in eFootball. Prefer player models looking abit flatter/side-on so as I can see animations/kit contrasts more clearly.

why, for the love of God, can't you edit the generic kits of the unlicenced Serie A teams!?
This is something that baffles me as well.. Inter away jersey is quite decent, but AC Milan might as well be called AC Puke.
Is there no way to turn off the POV replays ? They’re proper shite
I don't like them either. Feel very unrealistic and breaks my immersion. I like the other hypermotion replays, the ones that show where the player had potential angle to shoot and then GK reaction - I think these ones are very cool.
But Call of Duty first person perspective is shite.

I know this is 1000% placebo, all in my mind, but I played some la Liga games and it looked (foot planting, movements) much better than when I switched to premier league (felt more twitchy, more fc24-ish, more slide-y). placebo, but still....

anyway, enjoyable for now, much better than '23 and '24 after very small sample size of games.

Will be interesting to test custom sliders vs sim mode.

I wouldn't say that's 100% placebo. Given the fact that EA does whatever you want for money, I'm sure some day marketing guys will try to improse La Liga as the best and most spectacular league in the world, paying EA to do so. I'm sure FIFA 16 was exactly that for EPL.

Besides that, It's true that sometimes the game could be influenced by the environment models. I have noticed this in several football games. Those with very detailed stadiums feel clunky, while the same teams in same computer in more simple stadiums feels better and smoother

What's everyone's best camera setting or option?
I play the broadcast cam on most football games now. I’m not sure it’s for everyone or even the best option….but I tend to find that it forces me to play more realistically. It also just looks cool

Last edited:
View attachment 303534View attachment 303533

FOR A GOD SAKE!!! Just why?! Where's problem to create fake kits with real colours?
Yeah, I don’t understand how e football gets away with having fake kits that at least use colours and design that are vaguely in the ballpark, yet fifa/eafc give us this waffle

My, not entirely ideal workaround for the fake teams, if you really want to play as them…..go into the squad editor and make the whole squad free agents and then do a created club in career mode, creating decent-ish look-alike kits and just sign all the free agents.

It’s a faff but something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom