EA SPORTS FC 25

Ive just read that Online Seasons have filter to only find you opponents who are on manual passing!
I have never even tried anything online on EA game, coz I just assumed it's all light speed ping pong.
Besides - even PES never had an option to filter based on Pass Assistance level.
Definitely something to look into
That's awesome, As much as I love the offline gameplay with mods, I do enjoy the online seasons in small doses (especially when you aren't repeatedly playing the Madrid and Man City slags) so something with an element of actual skill will soften that blow for sure online.

Just hope it works because the filters don't always work. I set it to only match me with 3 star teams and I still end up matched against France while I picked Union Berlin. šŸ˜¤

It's like accepting a duel and you draw your little pistol and they pull out a rocket launcher after showing your hand.

Ive just read that Online Seasons have filter to only find you opponents who are on manual passing!
I have never even tried anything online on EA game, coz I just assumed it's all light speed ping pong.
Besides - even PES never had an option to filter based on Pass Assistance level.
I think FIFA 23 had this? I remember trying to find opponents for this but gave up since I couldnā€™t find one single game, lol.

Which AI behaviour do you use? I play on simulation mode but there is a option that makes AI different (idk but it says) custom, tactical or dynamic. I only tried Dynamic but if someone had chance to try custom or tactical could say the differences?

Which AI behaviour do you use? I play on simulation mode but there is a option that makes AI different (idk but it says) custom, tactical or dynamic. I only tried Dynamic but if someone had chance to try custom or tactical could say the differences?
Discussed on the previous page, please search the thread first:

So the tactical settings are a new setting, this is the first year they've been introduced and they impact the AI's decision-making.

If you want to permanently slow the AI down, you can set custom sliders here and e.g. lower their "first-time pass" slider. This means they take more time on the ball before passing it (you could, in theory, use this to "pretend" the AI has to take a first-touch of the ball ever).

However, if you set it to "tactical", they change match-to-match depending on your opponent, and "dynamic" means that rather than being "hard-coded" sliders per team, it changes slightly each time (even if you play the same team ten times).

Personally I like "tactical" because it seems more realistic and makes playing each team feel unique, rather than playing in different ways each time. BUT, I'm starting to wonder if custom sliders for this will prevent the AI from being far too fast/clinical at the higher levels (to a mind-reading-alien degree).

Okay I think I know why my games felt suddenly less enjoyable in my career. I think the simulation settings are bugged - I had a particularly awful game and when I checked the main menu it had switched from simulation gameplay to classic. It was instantly much better to play when I switched back over, and once again I found the difficulty a bit too easy.

When I got back to the main menu it had switched back to classic gameplay.

I also had all my scout reports bug out, which is particularly annoying as I have player search switched off and the gamification of scout reports was extra important (it was actually a very enjoyable factor until then, having to sign players Iā€™ve never heard of because I couldnā€™t search for any).

I then had a crash, not for the first time, going to my next match. Switched it off for now, I donā€™t understand how the game can be so buggy when letā€™s be honest the new features while welcome are still quite minimal.

Also - have you noticed second halves being faster than the first? The first half had really nice pace, but the second half was definitely faster.

(I selected 3.5-star Southampton and locked the settings to manual only and same rating only - then had to play 5-star Liverpool...)
Actually i've had some games where first 20 mins was faster than the rest but connection was always bad in those games. I don't know if it's bug or server issue but it gets less and less frequent for me (Series X) . I am having fun as of now and i hope EA won't ruin it.

I like to play manuel aswell but matcmaking filters don't work sometimes. Even if you play any settings, you could match with Liverpool as Southampton. If there is enough likeminded people in here, maybe we could add each other on Xbox or EA account and play some manuel games.

Oh and donā€™t get me started on the gamesā€™ kit colour detection. I shouldnā€™t have to check whether the kits are going to clash, and if I do I shouldnā€™t have to navigate about three menus to change them.

Most of the time I forget and have to sim to end the match or restart the game

How has everyone found the CPU in terms of variations of play against different teams? The last Fifa I played properly was 16, which was a good game but I just got bored playing career mode...I felt there was no real variation in playstyles from team to team

I have a question for ya all here.

Is the gameplay the same bullshit like last sunday? Or is it worth it to play again some matches with the trial.

Hello guys! My two cents about this. I played the 10h trial (only offline friendlies and always FUMA). I played World Class, Sim Mode, and noticed two things:

- Tactical IA: First match Chelsea x City, match speed too high. Second match, again Chelsea x City, match speed ok and realistic.

- Dynamic: Some teams loose their personality and real style of play...

- Custom: Maybe the best way to have a more stable and real "tempo" in every match. But, in other hand, more predictable CPU, because the slider values Will always be the same. But, for now, it's my way to go with this game... Less speed, players turning with "inertia", more balance in general.

When you play with lower teams, like Championship teams, the speed is always good, despite you play with Tactical, Dynamic or Custom. The problem is when you play with 5 star teams.

I will wait for some slider creators to analyze and decide the best way to go on Career Mode. But, for now, the best "FIFA" of the last 3/4 years.

Last edited:
Love seeing tweets like this one. Essentially a YouTuber saying "to all the people moaning that the game's too slow, you haven't got 99 OVR players yet and guess what, a more serious football game is a good thing".

Seeing this kind of thing from the "pro gamers" is vital to keep the game improving.

Though the guy who replies to "faster doesn't mean better" with "yeah it does actually" can go to hell...
I think, after years of nothing, something is slowly moving. It's like the system collapsed on itself. They wanted fast gameplay but at some point you can't go any faster.
If the years coming bring even more balance between online and offline we're good...

You could do that on 24 as well. I had some enjoyable games with people not rushing and playing actual ball. Fuma controls of course.

Everyone saying simulation mode doesn't work in champions league? I tried conference league in career, and the pressing from the CPU who had the weaker team was ridiculous. Scored two goals instantly. Felt horrible.

How has everyone found the CPU in terms of variations of play against different teams? The last Fifa I played properly was 16, which was a good game but I just got bored playing career mode...I felt there was no real variation in playstyles from team to team
At least FIFA 16 game has a consistency in the defending and midfield part, which none of the later version have that consistency, the goal is in any football game, is to prevent the opponent from playing his game

In FIFA 16 i am currently in a career mode with Las palmas in la liga, im playing with 70-75rated players, and im third in the league after 8 matches, i managed to beat barca 2-0 by waiting for a counter and score, and i was able to hold real madrid to a 1-1 draw at bernabeu by playing the same way, by which you can either attack and have possession from minute one (weaker teams), or play defense and wait for a counter which was what i am doing vs barca and madrid, by which fifa 16 is brilliant when setup the right way in the passing speed, to make the tempo slower aswell by using speedhack, at this moment, there isn t any better football game that offers such variety in a career mode with a good ai, i ll post a video of some of the goals i scored

Note from moderator: this post has been edited to clarify it's about FIFA 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
at least, game has a consistency in the defending and midfield part, which none of the later version have that consistency, the goal is in any football game, is to prevent the opponent from playing his game,i am currently in a career mode with Las palmas in la liga, im playing with 70-75rated players, and im third in the league after 8 matches, i managed to beat barca 2-0 by waiting for a counter and score, and i was able to hold real madrid to a 1-1 draw at bernabeu by playing the same way, by which you can either attack and have possession from minute one (weaker teams), or play defense and wait for a counter which was what i am doing vs barca and madrid, by which fifa 16 is brilliant when setup the right way in the passing speed, to make the tempo slower aswell by using speedhack, at this moment, there isn t any better football game that offers such variety in a career mode with a good ai, i ll post a video of some of the goals i scored
Which difficulty and which gameplay?

I feel like this " FCIQ" or whatever its called that they have made a big deal of is just the same stuff you could do last year but packaged differently

just marketing because its "new"
Not noticed anything special about this so called new feature , although i do like the game so far but I've not played 24 for 6 months so may get bored .

Does anyone have any tips tactic wise for getting players forward more? Always seems to be same old strikers scoring the goals

I feel like this " FCIQ" or whatever its called that they have made a big deal of is just the same stuff you could do last year but packaged differently
I have a lot of criticism about the game, but FCIQ is a huge step forward in my eyes - and when you make tactical changes and try to balance tactics to fill the space your attacking players leave etc., you can see players acting on your instructions.

It's also a big part what keeps scorelines lower, defenders being better positioned in the new system. I've not had an online game finish 0-0 in years (I've not played online much, but I have dabbled each year). It's one of the best features in years IMO.

If there's any criticism of it, it's that your player ability should hamper your instructions a lot more (and things like attacking runs happen less often in situations where they obviously should, because the instructions are quite rigid). But I understand why it is the way it is.

I have a lot of criticism about the game, but FCIQ is a huge step forward in my eyes - and when you make tactical changes and try to balance tactics to fill the space your attacking players leave etc., you can see players acting on your instructions.

It's also a big part what keeps scorelines lower, defenders being better positioned in the new system. I've not had an online game finish 0-0 in years (I've not played online much, but I have dabbled each year). It's one of the best features in years IMO.

If there's any criticism of it, it's that your player ability should hamper your instructions a lot more (and things like attacking runs happen less often in situations where they obviously should, because the instructions are quite rigid). But I understand why it is the way it is.
I don't play online but to me the player roles thing looks to me like its just replaced the things its taken out like the little options you had to choose of players overlap, make forward runs, stay in centre,drift wide ect, looks like they have just worded it different and give it a different lay out and made out like it's some new revolutionary option in the game

Back
Top Bottom