EA SPORTS FC 25

Finished my trial today and FC25 is really a huge step in the right direction, which restores a little confidence in the franchise. Unfortunatly the vastly improved movement physics still feel centuries behind competition. 90% of the time you just dont see and feel a football match in front of you.

Until EA reports the missing "Overall Gamespeed" slider, it will be another year of PES2021 on Legend and speed -2 for me.

Last edited:
It is anybody here who checked cameras in eafc25 ? It is possible to play with end to end camera always top without changing in bottom after half time?

There’s absolutely no awareness from the defenders. I know this has been a problem for a while but damn its frustrating. A striker might have the ball and the defender will just back away or try to cover some guy thats not a threat five miles away.

The ball will be in the air, the ai is running full sprint for it, my defender on the other hand is walking like a crab sideways at 1/4th the speed.

Fifa 16 can be made almost like pes, with speedhack and ball physics, try it, u won t regret, im playing with las palmas career mode, and it s been great.
Dude, have you done a Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz and woken up somewhere where nobody has played FIFA 16 in a football forum where FIFA 16 gets touted as the greatest thing ever in almost any thread?

In summary, we know mate :PIRATE:

Dude, have you done a Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz and woken up somewhere where nobody has played FIFA 16 in a football forum where FIFA 16 gets touted as the greatest thing ever in almost any thread?

In summary, we know mate :PIRATE:
it s my incredible despair with not having a really good game ever since 16, it gets more credit nowadays to get the football fix :D

I had the same impression while playing last night. I thought it was related to the 'nighttime bug,' which I’ve always noticed when playing FIFA games over the past few years.

Something I read on a different forum suggests that there might be a bug with the simulation sliders, and they may need to be toggled off/on from the main settings menu instead of in the pause menu during a game. This is just a hypothesis, but it might be worth checking.
That's true. I noticed that turning on the simulation mode in the pause menu during the game doesn't affect the gameplay. It's from main setting that the mode takes effect. I had the game for a week now.

That's true. I noticed that turning on the simulation mode in the pause menu during the game doesn't affect the gameplay. It's from main setting that the mode takes effect. I had the game for a week now.
I think there are more bugs with this than a simple "it only works from the main menu" - because I've had a game that, despite setting "simulation" sliders from the main menu, very obviously was running with the default gameplay, and when I selected "custom" sliders from the pause menu, then went back to "simulation" sliders, it definitely fixed it for me. The ball went from moving between players in an instant to 1-2 seconds per kick.

Unfortunately I think the slider integration is an incredibly buggy mess at the moment - I'm still not 100% sure I've ever actually got "sim mode" working in Career Mode, because although Career Mode has (silly) attribute boosts, they shouldn't speed-up the gameplay as dramatically as it feels (and recreating the game in Kick Off, ensuring "sim mode" is definitely active, gives a much better experience).

I'm loving the game, I've already played approximately 20 hours and I don't remember the last FIFA that grabbed me so much, who knows FIFA 98 or 2016, we know the game has its flaws but this year's AI implementation is unique, I've never seen in a football game so many variations that the AI makes in the same game depending on the characteristics that the score presents, apart from the fact that there are so many variables in different games, it makes any old game seem lifeless now to me haha, this year really gives To enjoy it, in my humble opinion it's the best FIFA I've ever played, I'm very happy!

Looks like things are no different in FUT land (Facebook post here)...

How do you play a game with scores like this?

OE60hXq.png

Hi all.

Anybody having framerate issues on pc? Mine is a stuttering mess no matter what I do with refresh and frame rate...

Played a match. It's just a little...fifa? Just felt stale really.

Edit: having switched the ea game cam...it's very different to broadcast. I quite like it actually. Feels similar to efootball now, but less weight and far far more technologically advanced.

It actually looks like football with simulation settings. Still feels a bit dull, but I'm not disliking it...

Last edited:
I've been playing it whole morning, trying different modes and settings.
I didn't expect much, it's still very much EAFC and we couldn't expect groundbreaking gameplay in their first attempt of SIM gameplay.
But I'm really enjoying it. it's grounded, it's challenging and it's fun.
AI has a very good variety, new Rush mode is fun (I hated Volta) and even online with Full Manual filter on I'm finding good opponents and the game flows well.
I'll definitely have more observations soon, but so far SIM + Manual feels very very good

Edit: two things id like to point out from initial few matches, two things that I really like.
1. Due to SIM mode locking the sliders - I'm not going into slider settings every 2 mins tweaking this and tweaking that, increasing this and decreasing that. I really like the fact that I just have this gameplay and I'm just playing matches. (Even tho I wish User Power Bar wasn't one of the sliders)
2. I don't feel like I need to restrain myself in any way for the first time in ages. There is no - "I won't run along the sideline, coz nobody will stop me and I will be able to run across whole pitch."
I have to really work for my chances.
If there are exploits - I don't know them and don't want to know them.

Last edited:
After few games impressions are good especially if you played fc24, that seems low expectations, but seeing teams play on it's own tactics and having midfield is really positive. Of course there are issues but it's much better and enjoyable than fc 24 for sure!

So it turns out, in Friendly Seasons (the game mode where you play against friends), you can set the game speed to "slow"... but you can't do that anywhere else. :CONF:

It feels great, too. "Normal" speed seems faster than the default speed in Online Seasons to me... but "slow" is really, really nice. That said, I'm playing on full manual to keep scorelines sensible.

I've still got a few hours of the trial left if anyone fancies a game or two. On Xbox my gamertag is UK Jack Bauer (cross-play works great). :)

Yea, It's a much better experience and you really do have to work for your chance. I played through the trial and most likely won't be buying it. Maybe it;s me but some issues I had other that the norm, speed of dribbling etc. that was mentioned.

Players making overlapping runs or making off the ball movements while you are in possession of the ball. Yes i know there's a button to trigger runs but find it hard to believe that you would literally move side by side to a teammate especially out wide and they won't make a suitable run unless you do a one-two or something, it's frustrating. This is with modifying the roles BTW. I've done attacking Wingback and Half-Winger. The Half-Winger while works a bit doesn't really do what they're supposed to do. Yes they go wide into the space. They do this constantly btw. But in that role they more suppose to work in tandum with the FB/WB and interchange. That doesn't really happen. They more work like a Pure Wide attacker and ofcourse as mentioned the FB/WB isn't helping by making any appropriate run inside or outside.

Defending was another slight issue I had. Not because I couldn't defend, I got to grips with it pretty well over the course of the trial and usually kept clean sheets or reduced the number of shots the OPPO had on target. The problem I had other that ofcourse the unrealistic dribbling at times is the teammate statues while defending. I don't want automatic defending and I understanding the shift to manual defending for online etc. but my goodness the players could atleast be ACTIVE when opponents enter their zone, engage the opponent or atleast track the run (the better defenders should be doing this atleast) instead of me needed to switch to the player just to move him when the attacker is a chest away. Defending in a nutshell more felt like me needed to manually position every single play at everyphase Out of Position. IMO that's crazy and that's where the individuality is missing. If you have a top DM or 6 they should have attributes where they will either close down (BWM) or atleast cover the movement. Else I might as well have anywone playing there. This is where PES of old excelled with Indivuality. If I had Fabinbho for example as a 6, best believe he would engage accordingly.

That brings me to the third point really Individuality. Don't think it's there much which is sad as it's something that would really add to career mode. Better players IMO basically equal run faster, pass faster etc. which doesn't really add to the imersion if you want to start at the lower levels. Don't want to mention PES too much. But still remember days of starting with the defaults for instance and signing that one player who would either add real quality and transform your team or despite being a better player, just not fit but you probably have to stick with him because you spent most of the budget. I even remeber as a Liverpool fan being able to replicate the Gerrard/Torres partnership to a tee in PES 2009/10. Not tring to compare to PES but being a PES forum primarily, I know most of you would probably understand what I mean.

Long story short, I think it's probably one of the best FIFAs in a while and probably worth atleast trying to see if it works for you. I might revisit it later down the line when there's a sale but for now another year of no football game for me (other that FM).

Also and most importantly, this is just initial thoughts after playing for the trial period. That isn't really enough time to make much of a judgment and I could be wrong but just my initial two cents.

After finishing my 10 hours of testing I give my opinion: Game modes, cinematics, graphics, career mode, editing mode, strategies, customizable options... incredible, 10/10, congratulations EA. But as a regular PES player, for me the most important thing is the gameplay. As it comes standard, or with the supposed simulation mode, it seems very ugly to me, very fast, very unreal, it doesn't look like real football. By modifying sprint and acceleration sliders between 40-45, and passing speed between 20-25, I make the rhythm look a bit like a real soccer game... I really like the thousand different animations that the players have, the shots , the variety in the goals, the goalkeepers, the dribbles, the intelligence of the AI, the headers.... spectacular.

However, there are things that ruin the experience for me: the hyperactive movements of the players and their supersonic turns (even having lowered their acceleration considerably with the sliders), the continuous stepping on the ball, the magnet effect of the ball stuck to the players...

There are few bad things compared to the good, but for me they weigh too much, and they make it so that when I play I don't feel like I'm playing real football. And it makes me sad, because I think that if I had the player movements and the freedom of the ball that PES has, it would be the game of my dreams, but unfortunately that is not the case.

I congratulate EA for the improvement in their game, for wanting to continue improving and adding more options for all audiences year after year, I wish Konami would do something similar... In the meantime, I will continue playing PES 21 + Mods, for me it is still the closest experience to real football that I can currently get.

So it turns out, in Friendly Seasons (the game mode where you play against friends), you can set the game speed to "slow"... but you can't do that anywhere else.
Yes it's very weird, but if it's an omission - please do not take it away, EA.😁

We managed to squeeze two games with @Chris Davies - one on slow, one on normal.
I also agree that normal speed in friendly match felt much faster than Online Seasons, which is bizarre. Online seasons for the moment have such nice gameplay. It's very sad to think that this gameplay will most likely be affected by regular patches, so it won't feel as nice for long.
Silver lining is that SIM mode won't be, but it would be nice to be able to play online. So please give us SIM mode option online.
Another positive thing is that out of the few online matches against strangers that I tried - on Manual I was paired with people playing normal teams. They played Crystal Palace, Roma and Fiorentina. Which is nice to see. Especially when you are Wolves. :LOL:

How is everyone finding the player AI ID for example playing v Saka /messi /vini Jr - do they play anything different from other players?.. Players who are good at passing like Trent /modric, do they stand out?

Managed to play 2 games on sim mode as surprisingly the children still have 7h on the trial. I'll be honest, it wasn't bad, it felt a bit like FIFA 16 but with worse physics/dribbling. Played on World Class and I didn't score at all, legacy defending (can't do the tactical, it's stupid).
+ Better pace
+ Improved midfield
+ Good GKs
+ Better positioning of defenders. I didn't have to babysit each one but I guess this is because I was playing on legacy D using secondary D effectively.
+ Tactics seemed to work in general.
Now the negatives:
- Passing lacks freedom. It feels on rails even on manual. The ball simply is not live.
- Shooting lacks intensity. Idk, it's weird, floaty, you can't feel the weight when you shoot. Totally underwhelming, one of the major issues imo.
- AI even though it's improved, it lacks intensity? I know I used this word before but the whole thing it's just not organic. I was able to get past them whenever I wanted and after World Class it's just only one other level of difficulty.
I'm not going to bash the game because it felt nice at times and a major improvement compared to previous iterations but it's still not fun, the feel isn't organic, ball physics and inertia are so strange.
It's also too easy to create chances. It might be more difficult to score because of the improved GKs but I think it might be impossible to achieve realistic shot stats if you play 7min+ half time games.
I'll play a bit more to try some things but I don't see me getting the game unless the kids revolt.

It is anybody here who checked cameras in eafc25 ? It is possible to play with end to end camera always top without changing in bottom after half time?

It's not possible and has not been possible for over a decade, it's madness. You can only play one direction and in the second half, it will go opposite. :BRICK:

1000013328.png

Champions League Quarter Final and this is the state of the pitch in Paris. Why oh why after 4-5 years have they not provided an option to turn this immersion killing feature off.

SO, based on the reviews and reading people's first hand impressions in this thread, it's a bit mixed but it looks like another dud for EA. Am I exaggerating or is this worthy enough to play on PC?

Back
Top Bottom