EA SPORTS FC 25

Please fast forward to 07:30 and have a look at Liverpool player dribbling.
How is this perceived a simulation is beyond me. How can EA developers, with clear conscience, look at this foot planning, the speed and the skating and go - "yep - that's the realistic settings they have been craving for! Stamp of approval."
HA! I spat my tea out because I read your comment, watched it expecting not to be surprised at where this was going and still laughed at how daft that looks.

Makes me miss @Chris Davies eFootball clips with captions. You could lose your legs, dick and balls and those videos would still cheer you up.
It's like people who make decisions there have no fucking clue what they are doing and what could really improve their game. Instead they are adding shite like visiting your mate in a hospital, or buying headphones for your wages in player career.. like what the fuck..
They're clearly phoning it in at this point. They write anything to make it sound like "this year, we really made it realistic, no seriously, we really did!" and then the incriminating footage exposes the lie.

They know, they could literally release the exact same game as FC24 with literally nothing changed gameplay wise, Like Konami did with PES 2021, and millions will still buy it anyway. So why bother?

I wanted to watch another match and have a closer look at the ball physics.

I found this. Don't know if it was posted before, or not, but it's on "simulation" settings.

Please fast forward to 07:30 and have a look at Liverpool player dribbling.
How is this perceived a simulation is beyond me. How can EA developers, with clear conscience, look at this foot planning, the speed and the skating and go - "yep - that's the realistic settings they have been craving for! Stamp of approval."

While I really appreciate some effort towards career mode players - stuff like this makes a mockery of the whole endeavor.
Yeah, when you clip it and zoom it...

That's really bad.

This is what I mean when I say, having sim mode is welcome, but can you really bend what is (let's face it) a toy game into a simulation?

The core of the game has been built around skating, instant responsiveness and laser accuracy (with physics that bend to the player's will like they're wizards). You can't just tick a few "undo" boxes and be left with a simulation.

If the game ever splits in two, it might have a chance of being a football-like football game. But the underlying game is laid bare there.

Anth does a brilliant job with the PC version of 24, so it's possible to make it considerably better, but it needs to go way further than what this mode does.

HA! I spat my tea out because I read your comment, watched it expecting not to be surprised at where this was going and still laughed at how daft that looks
Yep! That was me as well. I was expecting skating and weird player movements and wasn't even going to focus on those, just wanted to focus on ball physics. Yet this circus trick still surprised me enough to write a post about it. :LOL:

This is what I mean when I say, having sim mode is welcome, but can you really bend what is (let's face it) a toy game into a simulation?
Probly not. Unless you're this guy:
Screenshot_2024-09-12-06-06-41-87_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

I slowed it down to 0.75 playback speed and then it looked a bit like football……this was way too fast. In the main it looks to have improved but it’s way off what simulation should look like. Locking simulation sliders is pretty pathetic and i absolutely hate the stupid gimmicky POV.

I slowed it down to 0.75 playback speed and then it looked a bit like football……this was way too fast. In the main it looks to have improved but it’s way off what simulation should look like. Locking simulation sliders is pretty pathetic and i absolutely hate the stupid gimmicky POV.
for me its also too fast and when there is the same problem as FC24 with high FPS tha good night.
FC24 has the problem (for me) when playing at full FPS/HZ of 120 than the game is way quicker than limiting to 60fps and thats what the YouTube Video has, 60fps so on my PC it will be again faster than the video

Penso che abbiano fatto confusione con la grafica dal 23 in poi, ora sembra troppo cartoonesca. Questo era FIFA 22:

FIFA-22-liverpool-west-ham-late-chance.jpg
Fifa 22 looks more defined

What i hate most about the videos is the lack of compactness of the teams. Players are standing at the mitfield line and dont move father up or back. In fc 24 they finally did. If thhis is removed it would be a huge step back for me.

Trouble with watching videos of a game is they can sometimes look half decent.

I've watched a few people doing EAFC24 career modes and now and again I think 'that looks quite good' for a few mins. Then the AI dance around the box, throwing more shimmies than a Usher back-up dancer and you remember why you don't play it.

Same as EFootball. I watch a chap play that on YouTube and it's clear he enjoys it, but I just can't get into a game that is basically Pokemon with football involved.

Just glad I have the older titles to fall back on. Yes it would be nice to have updated kits, team line ups etc... but all that means nowt when the gameplay makes you want to stick a brick through the console.

Hello European boys...
The biggest problem is the players' movements. The control, turns and driving. It's completely bizarre!
Mainly the CPU. They look like they're on skates.
In real life, an athlete's movements are to stop, bend and drive. For the love of God, so simple.
eFottball 25 itself is more realistic and sensible.

While in EA FC 25, even with simulator mode activated, the human part (capture) is terrible.
How can a team of programmers, engineers, PHDs approve something like this? I don't understand.

The player looks like he's made of jelly when constructing the plays. lol
Sorry my English isn't that good.

But that's my opinion. I'm sad that we're in 2024 and there's no football game that offers quality, immersion, realism, insane captures of athletes and entire matches.
EA has money and technology, I don't understand why they left the gameplay mechanics so horrible.

I'm sure that if we invited users evoweb to give feedback "at least adjust the simulator mode" we would have an amazing quality. I don't understand why EA doesn't do this. I'm from Brazil, I can't do anything. Just cry. :LOL:

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed (I haven't gone through the entire thread), but while updating my squad file with the FC 25 ratings, I observed that player workrates appear to have been removed from the game. Just thought it was worth highlighting!

Yeah, when you clip it and zoom it...

That's really bad.

The core of the game has been built around skating, instant responsiveness and laser accuracy (with physics that bend to the player's will like they're wizards). You can't just tick a few "undo" boxes and be left with a simulation.

If the game ever splits in two, it might have a chance of being a football-like football game. But the underlying game is laid bare there.

Anth does a brilliant job with the PC version of 24, so it's possible to make it considerably better, but it needs to go way further than what this mode does.
Honestly, what on earth is that? It looks and more importantly FEELS horrific. I genuinely cannot understand how they've made a conscious decision to develop dribbling in this way. The game does so much good imo but gets this absolute fundamental of the sport totally wrong.

FIFA16 is still the reference for dribbling in a football game. The best balance we've seen between capturing the sport whilst still being fun.

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed (I haven't gone through the entire thread), but while updating my squad file with the FC 25 ratings, I observed that player workrates appear to have been removed from the game. Just thought it was worth highlighting!
Yes, now the workrates are part of the new roles

Honestly, what on earth is that? It looks and more importantly FEELS horrific. I genuinely cannot understand how they've made a conscious decision to develop dribbling in this way.
The only saving grace here is that it was actually a user who got possessed to do something like this, not AI.
But my God the game should never allow something like this to happen.

I do have to say tho - for the first time in few years I'm tempted by this.
I do like the zippier and more lively ball (while not going too crazy with ridiculous bullet headers, or other bullshit)
Feels bit more familiar and reminds me of PES.
Im also currently playing EAFC24 and with sliders, after all the patches, Im really enjoying my Player Career.
And I wonder how does F25 compares with F24 - sliders or not. Does it feel faster? Slower? More grounded? Physical?

If this brings back stadium entrance scenes, improves a bit on AI, adds little things like players ageing - I'll be hovering around this Buy button...

There's so many little things that they could add with little effort that would bring so much more immersion..

But I guess that for the moment we have to be happy that they put some effort into Career Mode and give credit where it's due.

The only saving grace here is that it was actually a user who got possessed to do something like this, not AI.

I do like the zippier and more lively ball (while not going too crazy with ridiculous bullet headers, or other bullshit)
Im also currently playing EAFC24 and with sliders, after all the patches, Im really enjoying my Player Career.
And I wonder how does F25 compares with F24 - sliders or not. Does it feel faster? Slower? More grounded? Physical?

If this brings back stadium entrance scenes, improves a bit on AI, adds little things like players ageing - I'll be hovering around this Buy button...

There's so many little things that they could add with little effort that would bring so much more immersion..

But I guess that for the moment we have to be happy that they put some effort into Career Mode and give credit where it's due.
For everyone's sake, i hope you are right Em. It's a big if though. Going on their track record they will nerf something.

TBF i can't say too much, because i haven't played a recent Fifa for years. But going on the comments for the last couple of years, it seems F.C. doesn't stand for football club (i'll let you draw your own conclusions for what it could stand for, lol).

Lets hope i am totally wrong though (for you guys). ;)

Totally agree!
The game has had serious deficiencies in recent years, from skating, non-existent footplanting, unrealistic movements, lack of inertia/frictional force.

But there is an even bigger problem! There are users who play the game in an unrealistic way, with movements like the one in the video. Anyone who plays this way is someone who doesn't know what football is. He has no idea about real football, nor does he experience the same romanticism as we do.

I've played this game in FUMA against friends who understand football like me and, although it's not a spectacular game, it's possible to have good matches (many with good tactical duels).

The biggest problem with FIFA is its audience: the worlds game. This is the main problem!

Any arcade player plays FIFA, in assisted mode, with all the "aids" active and they love it. They love UT's letters, it's disgusting.

And then we have the world of Pro Players, who want the game to be super responsive and fast. These people make a lot of money playing for big clubs, but they don't understand (a cigar!!!!) of football. I repeat: a simple cigar!

I gave '24 a solid go with sliders and I had a brief period of minimal enjoyment 🤣 I was really trying to focus on the good stuff, which is there is plenty of but ultimately the dribbling, both AI and user controlled just continually killed my enjoyment.

I love dribbling in football games with the right players too, it's always been something I try to master on football games and is probably why it irritates me so much. I like to try and create realistic looking goals in a way I've imagined it, often with an emphasis on a flair player starting a move with a realistic skill move/dribble. The skating, 1000s of micro touches and instant turns just ruin everything 😒

Look how good the dribbling was in FIFA 15. The difference in the quick touches messi could make compared to others were so apparent when playing. Ugh, I miss these games, man. It shows the full dribble at the end of the vid.

EDIT: also what happened to no touch dribbling? It's hard to see in the clip, turns out my editing etc was horrific...but the challenge on the edge of the box is made because a little body feint using no touch. Was such a great feature.

Last edited:
Last edited:
On which time/day we can try the 10h trial with EA play?

Just watched the UCL today. (what a stupid new tournament mode) I could bet that EA can not develop the new UCL mode without bugs.

On which time/day we can try the 10h trial with EA play?

Just watched the UCL today. (what a stupid new tournament mode) I could bet that EA can not develop the new UCL mode without bugs.
Trial start at Friday

You can get the 10 hours trail for free at pc.
Create a new ms account
pay ultimate pass with 1 euro.
Login to ea app from your pc with your new xbox account.
Preload the game and leave the ea app open.
Go back to your microsoft account delete your payment method and cancel your subscription.
You will get the refund asap and your account at ea app still get the trail.

Ball physics seems improved tho.
Up until now, on the ground, it was either bowling ball or a potato and in the air it was balloon or a bullet.
There still are glimpses of weirdness here and there, but the ball has some nice kinetic energy, without crossing the line.
I just really wish they could do something about weightless players.
I don't know how PES did it, but when you tackled someone you could "feel" the weight of that tackle, the impact.
Here, due to ice skating, everybody looks so light that at times it's unpleasant to watch.
I can confirm from what I played in the beta that ball physics were better. Through balls were also a lot more useful. I scored a typical Jota goal after playing him through, he jostled with the defender and leathered it in.

Remains to be seen in the final release. Guess we'll find out soon.

Every video I see there are 2-3 man of the defending team just standing at the mitfield line not coming back on defense.
No compactness at all… please tell me you can fix this with sliders otherwise it’s a huge step back from fc24 and unplayable for me

Back
Top Bottom