EA SPORTS FC 25

I think they messed up the graphics from 23 onwards - now it looks way too cartoonish. This was FIFA 22:

FIFA-22-liverpool-west-ham-late-chance.jpg

Good gameplay
in your opinion he uses sliders simulation? I am really very surprised to see a gameplay like that
For those who (like me) were wondering if this had simulation mode enabled (because it looks so different to the other videos)...

It does. I found him selecting it at the beginning of this video (not sure why EA aren't taking them down but I'm glad they're not):

It doesn't look perfect (as others have said, realistic doesn't just mean "slower" - it should mean no manipulated ball physics and no superhuman accuracy), but my God it looks better.

EDIT: When I say it's not perfect - this is the same guy, sim mode enabled. (Embedding the video is disabled so here's the link: CLICK HERE)

Check out 9:55ish onwards. A few stepovers totally throws the defenders, who seem to wander out of the way - on Legendary.

The wing-back throws the brakes on and skids across the pitch like a car rather than a human being - and this is what worries me about FC in general. I don't think that stuff can be stopped without the core of the game changing to treat players as human beings and not bumper cars.

But it looks better, for sure.

Last edited:
in some videos eafc 25 looks more calm and contextual which is really positive to see, but the last gameplay video shown there are too many hectic movements like 5 touches of the ball. It's like two different games.

Better than what?
This looks absolutely horrible, ball being glued on to the foot/feet, and movement is nothing like real life, i guess they use face scans, wish theyd used full body/movement scans instead, this is crap tbh
Not jumping at you Chris, but looks better than what was previous i guess?
God how low our standards how become

Better than what?
This looks absolutely horrible, ball being glued on to the foot/feet, and movement is nothing like real life, i guess they use face scans, wish theyd used full body/movement scans instead, this is crap tbh
Not jumping at you Chris, but looks better than what was previous i guess?
God how low our standards how become
There's a midfield, and there are more than two passes before every shot (and fewer than 6-8 goals per game). That's an improvement.

Does EAFC25 has entrance scenes? Lineups, pre match warmups, club anthems, you know - the atmosphere.
Coz it was all removed in FC24 in favour of some cutscenes from locker room.
One of the most baffling decisions ever and the usual - nobody asked for it, so let's give it to them.

Does EAFC25 has entrance scenes? Lineups, pre match warmups, club anthems, you know - the atmosphere.
One of the most baffling decisions ever and the usual - nobody asked for it, so let's give it to them.
Yep, check out the above videos (e.g. Dortmund v Munich). Back as it was before they were removed.

i am wondering why EA FC has a full price when you reall only get new kits/faces, Raytracing and some things but gameplay is 95% the same
If there were no fan boys FUT the game would be dead and nobody would buy it again

I mean I gotta be honest, in possession the Dortmund AI looks really nice with all that slowing down the pace, passing around, defending the ball with the player and making (kinda) realistic choices..

..but then you see the usual, awful glued ball control/players inertia which doesn't need further repetition, all the non possession phase filled with robotic movements by the AI, which (at least to me) looks innatural whatever they'll dispose you or they'll just let you pass between statues.. and it's hard to appreciate anything else. I can't even be optimistic and say "well, it's a first step, maybe they'll build up on it".. would they really rework physics and fundamentals in a way that one mode is radically different than FUT? I think we already know the answer..

Ball physics seems improved tho.
Up until now, on the ground, it was either bowling ball or a potato and in the air it was balloon or a bullet.
There still are glimpses of weirdness here and there, but the ball has some nice kinetic energy, without crossing the line.
I just really wish they could do something about weightless players.
I don't know how PES did it, but when you tackled someone you could "feel" the weight of that tackle, the impact.
Here, due to ice skating, everybody looks so light that at times it's unpleasant to watch.

IIRC it now has three options, on, off, dynamic (there for the bigger matches).

Ball physics seems improved tho.
Up until now, on the ground, it was either bowling ball or a potato and in the air it was balloon or a bullet.
There still are glimpses of weirdness here and there, but the ball has some nice kinetic energy, without crossing the line.
I just really wish they could do something about weightless players.
I don't know how PES did it, but when you tackled someone you could "feel" the weight of that tackle, the impact.
Here, due to ice skating, everybody looks so light that at times it's unpleasant to watch.
All sliders in game were somehow connected, I managed to minimise these issues with lowering first touch error to 20, lowering top speed to 20 and increase acceleration to 55. this way all touches look more natural. Also midfield battles are better becouse more balls were cutted from opposition becouse of the increased acceleration.
Like I said, all sliders were connected, the real fix for this lies in EA to made footplanting and movements in today's standards.

The grass texture and ambient occlusion looks awful. Look at that dark glow around players foot during gameplay camera? They should just disable AO during gameplay camera, it looks fake asf. Grass texture of fifa 15-16 still remains unmatched.
Spot on mate. It looks bloody pants at the moment.

i am wondering why EA FC has a full price when you reall only get new kits/faces, Raytracing and some things but gameplay is 95% the same
If there were no fan boys FUT the game would be dead and nobody would buy it again
This is one of the largest mysteries in the last two decades.

I dunno man, the skating/gliding across the pitch is still there (despite all the proclamations from EA they've improved the footwork animations) and the Dortmund players, even on legendary difficulty seem dumb, especially in the first half. They were fairy stepping around in circles like a cat trying to get comfy on a cushion and rarely released the ball when they should.

The non active defender still steps aside from an attacker like Peter Parker does to the robber who eventually shoots Uncle Ben in Spiderman 1.
Thank fuck. What a stupid fucking idea that was. They tried to justify it that 98% of the time people skip them. I thought there won't be replays in FC25, coz I skip 98% of those as well
That's makes it such a bullshit excuse. The rest of the cutscenes and transitions to the crowd in game are just as if not more inconvenient to the player and they shove those down your throat but the solution was to press X and skip them and that's what we could've done with intros in the first place if we didn't like them. Yet that one specific type of cutscene, the decision was made for us!

its the cut scenes, presentation, stadiums etc... that draw me in every time, I spend lots of time browsing menus, getting ready to do a career mode, full of optimisim, and then after 5 or 6 games convincing myself that im enjoying it, I get fed up and realise its not football, then end up playing PES2017 for another year. I used to love this time of year waiting on the release of the newsest edition of a decent football game.

I wanted to watch another match and have a closer look at the ball physics.

I found this. Don't know if it was posted before, or not, but it's on "simulation" settings.

Please fast forward to 07:30 and have a look at Liverpool player dribbling.
How is this perceived a simulation is beyond me. How can EA developers, with clear conscience, look at this foot planning, the speed and the skating and go - "yep - that's the realistic settings they have been craving for! Stamp of approval."

While I really appreciate some effort towards career mode players - stuff like this makes a mockery of the whole endeavor.

I really want to be positive and happy, but this is simply not good enough.

And then we have lacks of absolute basics.

We have normal shots, precision shots, power shots and flair shots. But we don't have something as basic as powerful low driven shot. They have decided that flair/acrobatic shot, which should be contextual, is more important than low shot, which is one of the most common ways of scoring goals.

We still don't have proper highlights at the end of the match, or at half time, in 2024. FIFA highlights were always miles behind PES even though PES ones weren't great either.
Here our match recap are goals and yellow cards, edited like they came out of PS1's arse.

Unless it has changed with FC25 - we don't have any players from. Everybody is always happy unless you deliberately offend them. There is zero motivation to rotate your squad.

Most of the teams have only two sets of kits, which usually look like arse.

It's like people who make decisions there have no fucking clue what they are doing and what could really improve their game. Instead they are adding shite like visiting your mate in a hospital, or buying headphones for your wages in player career.. like what the fuck..

Back
Top Bottom