EA SPORTS FC 25

I forgot the old trick...

If you have Game Pass Ultimate or EA Play, set your console to the New Zealand location and voila - you can download and play the trial right now.

I assume that's what @saturator is doing. Would have been nice if you'd reminded us all!

Trial start at Friday

You can get the 10 hours trail for free at pc.
Create a new ms account
pay ultimate pass with 1 euro.
Login to ea app from your pc with your new xbox account.
Preload the game and leave the ea app open.
Go back to your microsoft account delete your payment method and cancel your subscription.
You will get the refund asap and your account at ea app still get the trail.
I'm looking at the EA website now to do the 10 hour trial for €1 but I don't see it anywhere, the cheapest is €5.99 per month

My first matches
It's really hard on legend Fuma, I love that

RC Lens Vs OM Simulation sliders FUMA Legend

AS Roma Vs Napoli Simulation sliders FUMA Legend
Thank you for your videos! Would it be possible for you to upload a match with OM as the home team? EA said they rebuild the Stade Velodrome, so I am curious about how the Velodrome looks...:THINK:

Thank you for your videos! Would it be possible for you to upload a match with OM as the home team? EA said they rebuild the Stade Velodrome, so I am curious about how the Velodrome looks...:THINK:
You're welcome. Yes tonight I can play more and I will play with OM at home, it's my favorite team with United😅

Sorry for my bad level of my first match versus Marseille. I didn't play EA FC 24 since 2 months 😅. And I prefer playing of PS5 because of the Dualsense 🤩

You're welcome. Yes tonight I can play more and I will play with OM at home, it's my favorite team with United😅
Thank you for this preview, if I may I would ask you to try the Udinese stadium in Serie A which seems to be officially present for the first time in a football game (Bluenergy Stadion):))

Playing now, I'm really surprised with sim mode. Don't want to say too much just yet, but...

Watching the stream now... the Liverpool game (I had no clue they dont have the Milan license anymore which sucks bc I play with them)

It looks better than fc24 (i fired up 24 this week and had an awful time with it), it seems its a bit harder to get to goal (0-0 80th min so its good its not a goal fest... lol you just got a goal called back)

Havent seen more footage, how does it feel for you. Animations still look pretty clunky to me.

Quick question, when you go to simulation mode, are the sliders off-limits? Can you input those sliders and get the same result when not in sim mode?

My feeling after 3 matchs.
The game on simulation is better than EA FC24.
The defense, the speed, it's hard to go to the surface.
It's a nice addition for people who wanted a slower game but it's not enough for football lovers like us.

Passes speed are too high, the ball is like a glue on your feet, I hate that.
CPU didn't offer many variations when it want to score.

So yeah I know what's wrong and need to be fixed now.
My next match will be with custom sliders with tackle aggression, shoot frequence, cross frequency and some changes in sliders "simulation" like acceleration, bad control,etc...

I watched two matches from Chris stream and I have to say - I'm impressed.

I have seen AI pass error, shot error, fouls, slow build up at the back, AI was putting enough pressure to force Chris to pass back, I have seen AI shots from distance, varied attack patterns, decent marking..

I really really like what I see. If the rumour is true and this simulation settings will NOT be affected by EA patches - I will buy it for the first time in few years.

They deserve credit where it's due and they did put some effort into making us - offline players - happy. We can't just keep moaning, coz we'll look like pricks. :LOL:

Two things I would like to point out tho:

User Power Button is one of the sliders that are being locked when playing Sim mode. This makes me Sad, coz on Full Manual I always had User Power Input set to 70, otherwise it was very hard to control my passes.
I wish this wasn't a slider. I wish they moved it to controller settings. It shouldnt really be a slider on the first place.

And second thing - this Sim mode is unavailable online. So if I wanted to play with friends - I can't play with these settings. Please, EA, allow us to change these settings in online friendlies. Just friendlies. You can keep the competitive rest as it is.
Unless you want to introduce another online mode - League with Simulation Settings, which would be cool also!

I'm looking at the EA website now to do the 10 hour trial for €1 but I don't see it anywhere, the cheapest is €5.99 per month
Yes I know... You need a new Microsoft account and then you will be able to buy with 1 euro the Ultimate PC game pass.
Then join ea app with your new xbox account and you are good to go.

I watched two matches from Chris stream and I have to say - I'm impressed.

I have seen AI pass error, shot error, fouls, slow build up at the back, AI was putting enough pressure to force Chris to pass back, I have seen AI shots from distance, varied attack patterns, decent marking..

I really really like what I see. If the rumour is true and this simulation settings will NOT be affected by EA patches - I will buy it for the first time in few years.

They deserve credit where it's due and they did put some effort into making us - offline players - happy. We can't just keep moaning, coz we'll look like pricks. :LOL:

Two things I would like to point out tho:

User Power Button is one of the sliders that are being locked when playing Sim mode. This makes me Sad, coz on Full Manual I always had User Power Input set to 70, otherwise it was very hard to control my passes.
I wish this wasn't a slider. I wish they moved it to controller settings. It shouldnt really be a slider on the first place.

And second thing - this Sim mode is unavailable online. So if I wanted to play with friends - I can't play with these settings. Please, EA, allow us to change these settings in online friendlies. Just friendlies. You can keep the competitive rest as it is.
Unless you want to introduce another online mode - League with Simulation Settings, which would be cool also!
There are AI mistakes yes - even on Legendary difficulty. On one occassion the CPU defense was messing around with the ball at the back, it came loose and I played it across for an easy tap in. Was actually challenging but still felt fair unlike every game in the past 5 years.

While it certainly looks better than 24, ball control is still horrible and all that weird behaviours by AI in non possession are too much of a turn off to me. Like Chris last goal in the streaming (don't know if it was recorded).. with the defenders practically turning away from the forward. If at least the latter could be shaped into a more coherent thing, I'd even try to turn a blind eye on dribbling and first touch, but as it is.. really hard to do.

I don't want to sound too negative, anyway. CPU in possession looks really nice and realistic, for example.. hopefuly that's a step in the right direction. I'd be so happy if they'd really be willing to gradually build on it.

I will only judge the game with the sliders active with the simulation. I want to believe that it interests most people. In general, the game looks better. But unfortunately, if they want the game to keep up with this pace, the simulation mode should have different animations slower and more robust with this game pace. Of course, I'm referring to the animations in the ball controls or when tripping and in possession of the ball. They should have created something more besides throwing some sliders in the game and saying that's it. Also, something else that bothers me is that the AI pushes too much during the game. If the game was more realistic, after the first half the players would have to crawl. After all... I guess I'm asking too much.

Watching the stream now... the Liverpool game (I had no clue they dont have the Milan license anymore which sucks bc I play with them)

It looks better than fc24 (i fired up 24 this week and had an awful time with it), it seems its a bit harder to get to goal (0-0 80th min so its good its not a goal fest... lol you just got a goal called back)

Havent seen more footage, how does it feel for you. Animations still look pretty clunky to me.

Quick question, when you go to simulation mode, are the sliders off-limits? Can you input those sliders and get the same result when not in sim mode?
Re: animations, yeah I'd say they're still pretty clunky. Foot planting animation has been improved, but only slightly.

You still see dribblers magically slide along the floor as they move, and even goalkeepers starting to move for the ball by skating across the goal line before they've even jumped.

If you play on sim mode (which feels like the only way to play the game), sliders are off-limits unfortunately. Including the "power bar" slider, which is going to be a killer for manual players.

Like Chris last goal in the streaming (don't know if it was recorded).. with the defenders practically turning away from the forward.
So glad you spotted this - it's why I did a close-up replay of it. For absolutely no reason, my centre-back turns and runs away from the striker.

The defensive hyperactivity is still there - toned down, but still there - and my biggest issue with this is what I'll call "positioning speed" (which isn't a new thing).

You can pull a player 30 yards out of position in a second, and then put him back in position in a second. So what is the jeopardy, tactically, in any move you make? If you leave a huge gap, the AI doesn't even try to take advantage of it, because by the time they'll hit a pass, you'll be back in position.

On the ball, players move at fairly realistic speeds - off the ball, they move in such a hyperactive way. Momentum is non-existent, so risk is non-existent.

---

Here are my thoughts in a nutshell, after five games.

Before I start - I have to say, for the most part, I had fun.

I played on simulation, AI behaviour Tactical, Weather Effects on and "medium", World Class, player difficulty off. Semi controls for everything.

Good stuff:

> Frankly, it feels playable again. It makes you think, it makes you work, and when I scored my first goal... Fuck me, I celebrated.

>
The games I played with Tranmere were so incredibly satisfying. For the first time since FIFA 18/19, I had to really think about every pass, because I didn't have stacks of players sat waiting for the ball in forward positions, totally unmarked.

That, for me, is almost revolutionary. Those games were the best I had by far.

> Holding sprint, and the resulting little knock-aheads from players as they run (especially at Tranmere's level)... I actually felt "locked on" to the path at those points, and it felt so alien (but absolutely beautiful) when it happened.

> The pace of the game at that level was really realistic-feeling (aside from "positioning speed" - see below). Not just in terms of sprint speed etc. but in terms of how long it took to break down defences, and pass speed (which I love at this level).

> Defensively, the AI is better simply because of the positioning. Almost too improved (see below)!

Bad stuff:

> You can't use sim mode online!! The idea of playing friends on sim mode - and especially playing Online Seasons with sim mode - is so tantalising. Though, how this isn't the default gameplay, I don't know. It's infinitely better.

> Pass accuracy is still too high, with pass error non-existent. I didn't have to look at the match stats (though obviously I did) to see that ~90% of passes in every game were successful, from both sides.

In-fact, I think the only reason the AI didn't score a single goal against me in 4 games was that the AI's shot accuracy was around 35% per game.

Passing is incredibly simplified from e.g. FIFA 16. Standard passes never seem to result in the ball going slightly behind/ahead of the player, and there's very, very rarely a loose ball (I still saw some comedy defensive deflections where, like magic, a blocked shot pinged to the feet of my midfielder, who received it with glue boots and didn't even need to take a touch to be able to turn and run with it).

> Playing in League Two, it seems like the majority of the gameplay difference is simply that it's massively slowed down. At that level, you should be seeing many, many more positional mistakes - it's not like League Two games are really low-scoring, and played exclusively by pensioners. It's great that it "feels" genuinely different, but if that's largely because it's literally half the speed of a higher-level game... That's a really basic, poor implementation of lower-league football to be blunt. Especially when pass/shot error seemingly doesn't change.

> The speed of the game - it's not that it's simply "too fast" because that's not true, but certain aspects certainly are. To elaborate:

>> Players position themselves at the speed of light - which is why, as far as I can tell, you can so rarely perform a counter-attack and get clear of defenders. You can pull a CB out 30 yards, leave a huge gap, and then simply return again in a second. The agility of all players (at all levels) is crazy.

Only in a 1v1 do you make a defensive mistake and get punished for it. If you drag any defensive player miiiiiles out of position, it doesn't really matter, because it won't get taken advantage of; by the time you pass there or put a player there, you sprinted back (or the AI did for you).

>> This links into the foot planting - planting a foot one way or the other and committing your momentum in one direction, has no real impact, because it feels as if you're an air hockey puck and, crucially, not a human being. You can just drag yourself in any direction and back again, which makes your input less meaningful and less about the thought required - making it totally unsatisfying.

>> Add to that the craaaazy pass speeds when you have top sides (e.g. Milan v Liverpool)... I think it's mostly the "driven pass" speed that's the issue though. It's simply ridiculous!

> Plus, the "glue" effect of when a player receives the ball (the ball doesn't naturally react when a pass is being received), is so offputting, especially when FIFA 18/19 didn't suffer with this. Play PES 2021 and every pass has to be touched before you can move away with the ball. That's how it should be on the majority of passes, but instead the ball becomes immediately attached to your player every time and it feels... so fake.

> Lack of fouls - combine the "speed" and "glue" problems together, and exactly like in FC24, there are very few fouls (mostly zero), verified by the match stats for each game, which takes away a whole (and important) part of football.

> The biggest issue for manual players... This would have never occurred to me if not for @Emroth.

The "power bar" setting in the sliders, which manual players need in order to power their passes up more quickly and actually be able to string quick passing moves together... That's locked in sim mode.

Back
Top Bottom