EA SPORTS FC 25

Yes I know... You need a new Microsoft account and then you will be able to buy with 1 euro the Ultimate PC game pass.
Then join ea app with your new xbox account and you are good to go.
Done, I'm downloading now thanks, but I can only play for 10 hours right?

Its not free... you have to add a card and then to request refund
That wasn't the issue, I already have Game Pass. Turns out you have to go on the Xbox app on your phone, link your console and download it through there. Going on the store on the console will get you nowhere. So unintuitive.

AI Behaviour on Tactical or Dynamic?
Tactical is more rigid, so teams really play like they're supposed to - whereas Dynamic may change their style dependent on the circumstances (e.g. league positions, I think - or it may be more related to the way you play), but then you may find teams play more similarly to each other.

Tricky! I chose Tactical for testing but I might go with Dynamic in future.

I believe the only difference between yes and custom mode is the slider locks? So it's better to play in custom mode and then we can improve the game even more, if it's already reasonable we can leave the game at a good level, would that be it? Let's go to water, so just saturator and matt sliders, we can have a FIFA, who knows, from the golden times!

@Chris Davies I know it's personal preference, is it playable in sim mode? I mean in this state can you see yourself dive in carrer mode and spend hours in it? I am sorry for asking directly but we haven't access to the game and I appreciate your opinion :) thanks

@Chris Davies I know it's personal preference, is it playable in sim mode? I mean in this state can you see yourself dive in carrer mode and spend hours in it? I am sorry for asking directly but we haven't access to the game and I appreciate your opinion :) thanks
Really early days, but it's the first FC where I've actively fist-pumped and shouted when I've scored a goal - and that's before tweaking difficulty level and (outside of sim mode) sliders.

Give me another five games' worth of time (which I'll squeeze in over the next few hours :D) and I'll let you know.

But based on actively celebrating scoring and feeling a sense of satisfaction for the first time with FC - and that's in spite of the things I can list that are still really unrealistic... then, I'm leaning towards "yes" right now. (I'm as shocked as you are.)

EDIT: Yeah, scratch that. :D See my latest post. Some more negatives are really standing out after five more games - chiefly the 1v1 defending stuff. It really spoilt the fun tonight.

Last edited:
My first matches
It's really hard on legend Fuma, I love that

RC Lens Vs OM Simulation sliders FUMA Legend

AS Roma Vs Napoli Simulation sliders FUMA Legend

This gameplay is better, but it's still bad, it's incredible how in set pieces the ball doesn't roll like in a goal kick in efootball, in FIFA the ball is always stopped and sticks to the ground for goal kicks, fouls...

First impressions after 2 matches of career mode (legendary + simulation mode).

All I can say is I had strong buyers remorse within 30 minutes after playing 24 last year. Complete opposite experience today. I'm having fun.

Yes players still 'skate' around. But the ball is heavy and it bobbles about and comes loose occassionally. Arial duals feel pretty organic because of it, strong winds can also affect the flight of the ball.

Through balls are almost overpowered, but it makes a nice change to having to create everything from out wide.

Had a cagey 0-0 against Ipswich in the first game, actually had to change my approach to the game to try and score from set pieces. Second game I blew Brentford away, Jota hat trick after 22 minutes.

I cannot recall keeping consecutive clean sheets on legendary in my entire time playing Fifa over the past 5-10 years. Whatever they've done to the difficulty or the simulation mode, or a combination of the two, it makes legendary challenging but not unfair. I'm yet to encounter a situation when defending where I might as well put the controller down as winning the ball back is futile. This feels slightly more due to the simulation sliders now I think about it more.

I believe the only difference between yes and custom mode is the slider locks?
Its not. There are also tactical settings for each team. Teams are supposed to play differently and they are all set up individually. Going with custom sliders you are sacrificing all that.

Really early days, but it's the first FC where I've actively fist-pumped and shouted when I've scored a goal - and that's before tweaking difficulty level and (outside of sim mode) sliders.

Give me another five games' worth of time (which I'll squeeze in over the next few hours :D) and I'll let you know.

But based on actively celebrating scoring and feeling a sense of satisfaction for the first time with FC - and that's in spite of the things I can list that are still really unrealistic... then, I'm leaning towards "yes" right now. (I'm as shocked as you are.)

Through balls are almost overpowered, but it makes a nice change to having to create everything from out wide.

Had a cagey 0-0 against Ipswich in the first game, actually had to change my approach to the game to try and score from set pieces. Second game I blew Brentford away, Jota hat trick after 22 minutes.

I cannot recall keeping consecutive clean sheets on legendary in my entire time playing Fifa over the past 5-10 years. Whatever they've done to the difficulty or the simulation mode, or a combination of the two, it makes legendary challenging but not unfair. I'm yet to encounter a situation when defending where I might as well put the controller down as winning the ball back is futile. This feels slightly more due to the simulation sliders now I think about it more.

See, this piques my interest.

I could look past a lot of the "FIFAisms" if the game felt satisfying and challenging in terms of creating and converting chances. I'm curious what your impressions are/will be in terms of the attacking versus defending balance after you've secured a handful of matches under your belt. Does every match finish 5-4? 6-3? If goals fly in left, right, and center from both sides, then you've completely devalued what should be the highlight of any match; scoring a goal. I just want to feel like, in general, that I'm earning my chances instead of them being handed to me because LOLWHATISDEFENSE.

How's the player individuality? Have you ever felt forced to make tactical changes mid-match based on how the CPU is playing? Likewise with substitutions. Modded PES 2021 has been my go-to football game for the last year and I love how I can throw on a 40-year-old Iniesta in certain situations that call for a bit more guile, close control, and creativity. He can't play more than 45 minutes before he's completely gassed, but when the CPU park the bus he can be a real weapon coming off the bench. Having to take those sorts of considerations into account makes squad building a lot more interesting.

I played a little bit on Xbox.

Oh, dear God. As always, there is so much new stuff, announcements, etc and then 99% the same game as the previous one.

It is bad. There is no physics at all. Feels more like ice skiing or playing a hockey game than football. It's totally a disaster. The ball and player feel so unnatural. Feels like FIFA 97.

Graphics is 50-50. Shadows are really really bad. It looks ugly.

There is some nice stuff like a new POV camera which really looks great
Or wind or weather effects, but with this gameplay, it is not something big.

See, this piques my interest.

I could look past a lot of the "FIFAisms" if the game felt satisfying and challenging in terms of creating and converting chances. I'm curious what your impressions are/will be in terms of the attacking versus defending balance after you've secured a handful of matches under your belt. Does every match finish 5-4? 6-3? If goals fly in left, right, and center from both sides, then you've completely devalued what should be the highlight of any match; scoring a goal. I just want to feel like, in general, that I'm earning my chances instead of them being handed to me because LOLWHATISDEFENSE.

How's the player individuality? Have you ever felt forced to make tactical changes mid-match based on how the CPU is playing? Likewise with substitutions. Modded PES 2021 has been my go-to football game for the last year and I love how I can throw on a 40-year-old Iniesta in certain situations that call for a bit more guile, close control, and creativity. He can't play more than 45 minutes before he's completely gassed, but when the CPU park the bus he can be a real weapon coming off the bench. Having to take those sorts of considerations into account makes squad building a lot more interesting.
I lost 8-6 at home to Bologna as Juventus last year and felt ill. No such problems this year, games are low scoring with the correct settings.

That said high scoring games are possible. I had a 4-3 against Aston Villa in the beta.

One last impression this evening, teams actually play differently on legendary. No more playing prime Barcelona in every league or cup match. In the match preview it said Man United would play 'kick and rush' long ball football. And they actually are! Someone fan me gently, I'm going into shock 🤣

i will need honest feedback here guys. last fifa i played was fifa 16.i made the mistake and bought fifa 23(pc) on sale.this game was simply unplayable and an instant regret. seeing various videos i kinda like ea fc 25 and i m getting itchy to buy it..

Just had a limbs moment in a Fifa game. Went behind to United conceding a preventable goal, that got their tails up and it was hard work to stay in the game. Turned it round in the second half, got the equaliser and then from a corner in injury time:

I cheered that more than some of the goals against Milan the other night 🤣

That'll do me for now, see how tomorrow goes. But that's the first fun experience I've had with Fifa in ages. It's still Fifa don't get me wrong, but there is novelty in the gameplay that means each match feels different. And I'm not longer stuck in the void where World Class is boring and too easy but Legendary is unfair and constantly punishing.

I dont understand how to lunch game with 10 hour try ... i have bought standard edition, and downloaded game, but it says it will be available 27th ...

How to lunch 10 hour trial (which will start in hour to me locally) on 20

I dont understand how to lunch game with 10 hour try ... i have bought standard edition, and downloaded game, but it says it will be available 27th ...

How to lunch 10 hour trial (which will start in hour to me locally) on 20
Standard edition doesn’t include a ten hour trial AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom