EA SPORTS FC 25

A huge thing I'd like to know about the FC IQ tactical changes are if we'll see the CPU making it's own tactical adjustments within games. Not game to game, but within games themselves. This is such a huge element that would have such a massive impact on overall gameplay and if they don't make use of it, it would be such a shame when it's literally just sitting there waiting to be used.
This would be a great idea but I'm really really afraid that they would employ this in the usual way:

"Oh, we're losing... We need a goal!"
"C'mon everybody! Let's just tiki-taka the ball into the net!"
"But we're Macclesfield, you can't really think that we can play like prime Barcelo-"
"I. SAID. TIKI. TAKA."
"But..."
"NOW!!!"
"OK boss. Oh, look, we scored!"

A huge thing I'd like to know about the FC IQ tactical changes are if we'll see the CPU making it's own tactical adjustments within games. Not game to game, but within games themselves. This is such a huge element that would have such a massive impact on overall gameplay and if they don't make use of it, it would be such a shame when it's literally just sitting there waiting to be used.
They do change tactics and no its not just "go tika taka and score" anymore.

I am looking anybody who played beta version. It is possible to play end to end camera always up? I mean camera like in NHL where you can attack your oponent on the top without changing after half time

They do change tactics, and no, it's not just "go tiki-taka and score" anymore.
There are more variations in the tactics, including the CPU varying the way it plays depending on how well it knows you. They can play defensively in one game and be more constructive in another. I had a game that only had three shots; the CPU came to take possession of the ball, and they didn't want to play. I noticed that out-of-position players are very bad and get lost, so it's not a good idea to play with them out of position.

Bit hyped after watching this. There is a huge improvement in the overall animation aesthetics. Running motion is much more elegant. The players look more grounded. Left stick dribbling looks satisfying most of the time. There is weight when trapping the ball and the body positioning when receiving seems coherent. Players now try to face the ball and open their bodies to the direction where they are moving next.

All these things were terrible last year and that might be why they look to me impressive right now. Purist may expect more, but I'm happy seen these things that well sorted, now fingers crossed to expect the AI at the same level.

Moreover, the ball physics look much better. Loving how the ball frees after a tackle.
The overall pace of the game looks more slow, with players taking their time to move back in transitions. Player moved like overexcited in FC24 when off the ball, but now they seem more mindful.

Last edited:

Bit hyped after watching this. There is a huge improvement in the overall animation aesthetics. Running motion is much more elegant. The players look more grounded. Left stick dribling looks satisfaying most of the time. There is weigth when traping the ball and the body positioning when receiving seems coherent. Players now try to face the ball and open their bodies to the direction where they are moving next.

All these things where terrible last year and that might be why they look to me impresive right now. Purist while expect more, but I'm happy seen these things that well sorted, now fingers crossed to expect the AI at the same level.

Moreover, the ball physics look much better. Loving how the ball frees after a tackle.
The overall pace of the game looks more slow, with players taking their time to move back in transitions. Player moved like overexcited in FC24 when off the ball, but now they seem more mindfull.
Yes, the speed is good too for vanila.

I understand that you want to see changes here, we all would, but... no, it will be the same boring game with boring shoots, with puppets instead of people on the pitch. It looks the same overall. We need a real revolution, probably another change of the game engine, because I don't see any hope with this one. Games on Frostbite looks like shit.

Some beta thoughts. I've only played 10 or so kick off games so no other game modes:

- Menus are largely the same (horrible)
- You can choose a "Simulation" gameplay style now which essentially adjusts the sliders that were there before and slows the game down. It's a step in the right direction but still feels forced.
- FC IQ/Tactical changes are awful in my opinion. Feels like there's even less customisation now even though there wasn't much before. Furthermore, every single default tactic is unbelievably basic and unless that is only because it's a beta it will make career modes boring. For this to be a headline feature is typical EA: something you feel should be in the game as a given, made out to be a major feature, and doesn't really act like one at all.
- Teams that play a back 3 feels broken. The wide centre backs are almost stood in the full back position when defending creating huge gaps and chance after chance.
- AI keepers are glued to their line. Hate going through on goal and the keeper just standing there.
- However, they seem to save everything. I've hated this for a few years now, seems to be the only way they can keep the scores being in the single digits given how easy it is to create chances.
- POV camera on almost every replay is already tiring. Another pointless "feature".

Mainly negative stuff unfortunately. I think the overall gameplay is slightly improved when on simulation but if you didn't really like FC 24 you probably won't like FC 25 either. It's clear that EAs focus is on Ultimate Team and modes that can generate them additional $$$.

Another point. The distribution of "Player Roles" is awful. Again, it's a key part of "FC IQ" and they can't even give real life players the right + and ++ roles. As a Newcastle fan I think I know their players quite well. Trippier isn't a "false back", Bruno isn't a "centre half", Joelinton isn't a "holding" CM and Isak arguably isn't a False 9.

I haven't checked other teams/players but as these roles dictate how the team will play, again it just isn't going to play realistically for career mode. However, the default tactics probably don't even have these players in their "best" roles anyway.

Last edited:
Perhaps the biggest indictment of FIFA/FC every year now is the reaction to player ratings being released/leaked and the focus almost entirely on "omg he's rubbish he's got less than 80 pace"

Rodri is a NINETY ONE rated player and no one will use him. Perhaps the best player, certainly defensive midfielder, in the world right now and the way they develop this game he's not "useable". Ironically also probably the player with the highest IQ in world football and they are pushing FC IQ as their big feature...

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this now!

Perhaps the biggest indictment of FIFA/FC every year now is the reaction to player ratings being released/leaked and the focus almost entirely on "omg he's rubbish he's got less than 80 pace"

Rodri is a NINETY ONE rated player and no one will use him. Perhaps the best player, certainly defensive midfielder, in the world right now and the way they develop this game he's not "useable". Ironically also probably the player with the highest IQ in world football and they are pushing FC IQ as their big feature...

That's why they should link, for the majority of players, speed and stamina. A player with very high speed can be nerfed giving low stamina so can use it where it is really needed, while a player with low speed can have a very good stamina and work rate, making them very useful.

Fifa was always about speed, FC seems no different. So the Modric's, Kroos's and Rodri's never mattered. All you can do is create a proper team and try to school the kids on how a proper football team works

Back
Top Bottom