EA SPORTS FC 25

So we have Sim mode that locks the sliders, we have no Game Speed settings anymore, we have Origins stories that nobody asked for....

...and what about all the basics that were missing?

1. Can we put sponsors on the kits when we create out own team?
2. Can we create detailed kits, where we can separately choose style and colour of socks, shirts and shorts, or are they all still a onesie?
3. Is there any negative form effects and stamina drain, so that over time we have to struggle a bit when picking starting 11, or is it like it was last few years - after a month or two everyone is extatic and their stats are +7??
4. Do we actually have meaningful, tactical fouls in the game, or does AI still just breaks our legs for no reason in the middle of the pitch?

4. Do we actually have meaningful, tactical fouls in the game, or does AI still just breaks our legs for no reason in the middle of the pitch?
When there is so much space (with the 1v1 gameplay that means AI-controlled players stand and watch), "meaningful tactical fouls" just aren't possible. Players rarely get close enough to each other to do anything other than lunges, it's no surprise they have to "force" fouls offline.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new "aggression" slider just increases or decreases those crazy lunges that aren't to win the ball, but simply force fouls - which shows how sincerely broken the core of the game is, when the AI doesn't even tackle to win the ball, but just to tick a box.

When there is so much space (with the 1v1 gameplay that means AI-controlled players stand and watch), "meaningful tactical fouls" just aren't possible. Players rarely get close enough to each other to do anything other than lunges, it's no surprise they have to "force" fouls offline.
But does Sim switch not suppose to add some "I" into "AI"..?

only a few more things 🤣🤣 i could be so simple but FC25 wants a full price for some little things and most copy and paste
But it's the same every year, and everyone knows this. Why anyone would expect some huge revolution in EA Sports' creativity is beyond me?

I wouldn't be surprised if the new "aggression" slider just increases or decreases those crazy lunges that aren't to win the ball, but simply force fouls - which shows how sincerely broken the core of the game is, when the AI doesn't even tackle to win the ball, but just to tick a box.
Yeah mate, I doubt they'll be any cynical or tactical fouls, just random fouls that defy any logical reason other than one player slept with the other's girlfriend. The CPU doesn't even react when you start playing dirty (not since 19) which is nonsense.

Is it possible to find a video somewhere that isn't taken down right away? I have literally not seen a single video from this game
I know mate, it's like I'm a day late to see a post and there's suddenly no video. It's like someone is tagging them with #ukriots or something :APPLAUD:

Not gonna shit on this and people who enjoys it, but the standard of a "good football game" has really gone down the toilet tbh.
This, from what ive seen, take away the how it looks, but only how it plays would have been laughed at 10-15 years ago.
Utter crap, but guess people is starved for something new, even if it looks like this.
Sorry for the grumpy comment, but cant see this any other way

The odd snippet of videos I have seen, mostly the official stuff, has made me think about how developers just don't put any effort in any more. eFootball is of course a very clear example of that but with Fifa (EAFC), I look at the videos and you could have told me it's from the last game or even further back.
As far back as PS1, series like this had obvious changes and improvements with each iteration, within the console cycles. Every year something was added that made you think "Wow, they put that in, cool" Now I'm like, "I guess this is a PS5 game... or maybe PS4..."

The odd snippet of videos I have seen, mostly the official stuff, has made me think about how developers just don't put any effort in any more. eFootball is of course a very clear example of that but with Fifa (EAFC), I look at the videos and you could have told me it's from the last game or even further back.
As far back as PS1, series like this had obvious changes and improvements with each iteration, within the console cycles. Every year something was added that made you think "Wow, they put that in, cool" Now I'm like, "I guess this is a PS5 game... or maybe PS4..."
All modern football games remind me of the awful attempts by Codemasters and others to disrupt PES and FIFA in the 2000s - "Club Football", "Pure Football" and the like. Except now, we don't have a PES5/6 to fall back to (apart from the actual PES5/6).

Hypermotion has resulted in this skating, plastic floatiness those awful PS2 games had. The word I come back to over and over when playing 20 onwards is "weird". Every little thing feels "weird".

Not "different" - that would be fine - but random, with wibbly wobbly elastic-limbed players and a ball that has different weight from second to second.

And eFootball... It's more grounded, more recognisable as a game of football, yet so flat. Sad times.

I've been playing the beta. It's an improvement over 24. My litmus test is playing a decent but not amazing team on Legendary. If they play like peak Barcelona and destroy me then nothing has changed. I actually beat the AI and scored 4 goals, pretty decent variety to them as well. Through balls actually come off sometimes. You can actually dispossess the AI and the ball isn't magnetised to their feet. They make mistakes where the ball comes loose and you can take advantage of this offensively and defensively.

Of course no guarantees this improvement makes it to the launch version, or a couple of patches after that.

Goalies like Allison and Neuer are almost impossible to beat.

The 5 a side mode has potential for split screen play with friends, it's decent.

I would not personally get this game unless you are in PC and play modded gameplay.

I'm on PC, I was all my life on PC, and I'll personally not get this game on PC even with modded gameplay (my last one was FIFA 23). I'll get a copy of it for you if you want, but I already know the answer: "EAFC??? Woow, woow no thanks I'm ok mate, keep it ! godspeed..."

I'm on PC, I was all my life on PC, and I'll personally not get this game on PC even with modded gameplay (my last one was FIFA 23). I'll get a copy of it for you if you want, but I already know the answer: "EAFC??? Woow, woow no thanks I'm ok mate, keep it ! godspeed..."
FIFA 23 modded didn't give that much control like FC 24 did especially with @Anth James gameplay mod. But it still really depends on what you find an issue with the game. If it's the twitchy animation then no FIFA game since FIFA 20 will be good for you.

FIFA 23 modded didn't give that much control like FC 24 did especially with @Anth James gameplay mod. But it still really depends on what you find an issue with the game. If it's the twitchy animation then no FIFA game since FIFA 20 will be good for you.
Yes, the twitchy part is some big issue, but besides there are way more problems with those last games in the franchise especially in the positioning, defense, physics. After playing just one match in those modern FIFA titles just makes me switch back directly to older engine FIFA or PES games coz` feels like I'm playing all the time some 11 bots VS 11 bots "rush" mode.

After finally getting some time to play the PC Beta (after using a mod to unlock it as it appears EA can't fix it??).

I can say that vanilla unmodded gameplay with default settings and sliders:
- It isn't as bad or as fast as the videos seem to show, especially when playing in Career mode.
- Teams do play their style.
I tried playing as Middlesbrough versus Swansea and Swansea kept the ball for long periods of the match without much penetration. I scored twice and they changed from 5-4-1 to a 4-3-3 and immediately started playing long balls over the top. It took me by surprise and I let a goal in.
I then played as Arsenal versus Newcastle and Newcastle played to their strengths, using quick wingers and counter attacks. I found their defence hard to break down and enjoyed the tactical battle.
- Has the usual things I dislike about FIFA/FC gameplay (i.e. its a game made for casual credit card gamers and children, its too easy to tackle, its too easy to score, its too easy to pass). I personally wont care too much about this as I will mod it out to suit myself. I think sliders may help a little with some of these issues too. So nothing to worry about really.

After about 5 games, I am excited for final release to get stuck into it and see what this new gameplay has to offer.

Ok guys, let's set a standard here and now.

If it's not better than what FIFA 16 offers, let's reject it. Simple. Passing, shooting, dribbling, whatever metric you want, let's measure it to FIFA 16. Because if we're not moving forwards we're going nowhere right? Stop comparing to EAFC 24 or FIFA 23 or whatever, if it isn't better than we got with FIFA 16, why are we accepting it?

After finally getting some time to play the PC Beta (after using a mod to unlock it as it appears EA can't fix it??).

- It isn't as bad or as fast as the videos seem to show, especially when playing in Career mode.
I tried playing as Middlesbrough versus Swansea and Swansea kept the ball for long periods of the match without much penetration. I scored twice and they changed from 5-4-1 to a 4-3-3 and immediately started playing long balls over the top. It took me by surprise and I let a goal in.
I then played as Arsenal versus Newcastle and Newcastle played to their strengths, using quick wingers and counter attacks. I found their defence hard to break down and enjoyed the tactical battle.
- Has the usual things I dislike about FIFA/FC gameplay (i.e. its a game made for casual credit card gamers and children, its too easy to tackle, its too easy to score, its too easy to pass). I personally wont care too much about this as I will mod it out to suit myself. I think sliders may help a little with some of these issues too. So nothing to worry about really.

After about 5 games, I am excited for final release to get stuck into it and see what this new gameplay has to offer.
Do you played with normal settings or in simulation mode?

Ok guys, let's set a standard here and now.

If it's not better than what FIFA 16 offers, let's reject it. Simple. Passing, shooting, dribbling, whatever metric you want, let's measure it to FIFA 16. Because if we're not moving forwards we're going nowhere right? Stop comparing to EAFC 24 or FIFA 23 or whatever, if it isn't better than we got with FIFA 16, why are we accepting it?
Overall fifa 16 give us the best football experience. After that the series go to Frostbite engine and year after year the games contained less and less football. It's a pity because FIFA 16 was a great basis for creating really good football games. At some point, EA went the wrong way and now we have everything we see in FC 24. The worst thing is that they consider it as progress and development of their football games :(

Hey I agree with this after playing quite a few games, especially the part about videos not reflecting the game experience. Perhaps YouTube making it seem faster?

Only thing I have a concern about is finding the right difficulty, as World Class is too easy while the AI behaves realistically, but Legendary is better for challenge naturally, however does so with unrealistic AI behaviour. Think the solution will be Legendary with custom sliders, but let’s see for release.

That's good news. I really hope we can gameplay mod tackling accuracy. They are too perfect in FC 24 and hope it changes or can be changed in FC 25.

Only thing I have a concern about is finding the right difficulty, as World Class is too easy while the AI behaves realistically, but Legendary is better for challenge naturally, however does so with unrealistic AI behaviour.
This is an interesting subject to me - because the new sliders worry me a bit.

They feel like a very basic workaround to a much deeper problem - which is demonstrated by the way that higher difficulty AI hammers exploits (ping-pong tiki-taka tap-ins).

The AI doesn't utilise players based on their attributes to get the result - because it doesn't have to. Attributes don't prevent you from doing the actions that get goals. So, the AI simply stops crossing (because they rarely work) and sets up tap-ins instead (which are easy to create due to how static defenders are, and how accurate all players' passing is, and guarantees goals).

So now we have an "AI crossing" slider - but is forcing the AI to create worse chances and essentially handicapping it, seriously the solution to this problem? Rather than creating gameplay where crosses are actually valuable, as they are in real life, and tap-ins much much harder to pull off with every single team?

(This applies to much more - e.g. the AI never genuinely fouls because the engine isn't making it mistime attempts to get the ball, it simply brute-forces two-footed-lunges that aren't attempts to win the ball. The new "aggression" slider to force more deliberate fouls isn't fixing the game's defender/attacker balancing issue - i.e. the two rarely meet.)

I worry that, realistically, the view is that most people don't want to have to think about the player they're controlling. So I feel like this will never change.

Thanks Paul, someone with your knowledge provding some insightful feedback is very valuable. I'm keen to see what the final game offers and like you said, mods will improve a lot of the usual poor elements.
Only thing I have a concern about is finding the right difficulty, as World Class is too easy while the AI behaves realistically, but Legendary is better for challenge naturally, however does so with unrealistic AI behaviour. Think the solution will be Legendary with custom sliders, but let’s see for release.
Difficulty level feedback always interests me particularly when people say WC and Legendary are easy, as I find it so difficult to believe. Sure it's not impossible to win on these settings but I wonder if people are playing a different game to me or just flat out lying for some reason particularly when they claim they win by 3+ goals.

(Not saying you claim this, but some people do across social media and I think it's like bragging they last over 3 hours in bed like it's a competition)

I don't think higher difficulties lead to a better footballing experience, it's just a cheap artificial challenge and a shortcut by nerfing the human players controls and responsiveness and boots the AI's success and speed. It's such sabotage that you always leave with boiling blood and a bad taste in your mouth because it's so corrupt.

I alwasys surmise that in regards to FIFA the difficulty levels are always unbalanced and have alwasy been an afterthought in the wake of online gaming and that I find Professional difficulty too easy rather, although I think it's the best balanced difficulty without all the contrived nerfs that come with higher difficultys and that WC should be easier than it is and Legend should be the hardest.

As it stands I think WC and Legend are almost identical except on Legend, the AI play like insufferable FUT players online who don't play with any end product, ninja dribble in the box until the ball somehow goes in and rewarded for something that resembles nothing like football.

This sounds like a very good addition, but... To be really game changing, the sliders should be different from team to team (without us having to change them before every match according to the opponent, which is what I fear we'll have to do to make them work).
They could really have made the most of this year's overhaul of the tactical system by adding these sliders on a per-tam basis... But I really doubt they did.
There's no need for team sliders. Teams will play different football simply because the players are set to different player roles depending on the team. The sliders just represent the general tendency of the match engine to produce certain events.

Thanks Paul, someone with your knowledge provding some insightful feedback is very valuable. I'm keen to see what the final game offers and like you said, mods will improve a lot of the usual poor elements.

Difficulty level feedback always interests me particularly when people say WC and Legendary are easy, as I find it so difficult to believe. Sure it's not impossible to win on these settings but I wonder if people are playing a different game to me or just flat out lying for some reason particularly when they claim they win by 3+ goals.

(Not saying you claim this, but some people do across social media and I think it's like bragging they last over 3 hours in bed like it's a competition)

I don't think higher difficulties lead to a better footballing experience, it's just a cheap artificial challenge and a shortcut by nerfing the human players controls and responsiveness and boots the AI's success and speed. It's such sabotage that you always leave with boiling blood and a bad taste in your mouth because it's so corrupt.

I alwasys surmise that in regards to FIFA the difficulty levels are always unbalanced and have alwasy been an afterthought in the wake of online gaming and that I find Professional difficulty too easy rather, although I think it's the best balanced difficulty without all the contrived nerfs that come with higher difficultys and that WC should be easier than it is and Legend should be the hardest.

As it stands I think WC and Legend are almost identical except on Legend, the AI play like insufferable FUT players online who don't play with any end product, ninja dribble in the box until the ball somehow goes in and rewarded for something that resembles nothing like football.
Yeh I think that’s what I mean when I compare World Class and Legendary, the AI acts less realistic in certain situation. For example, over dribbling in attacking and defensive areas, ping pong passing, passing quickly and accurately out of tight defensive situations when they would normally clear it etc

I get they need to do something to provide a tougher challenge, but it becomes unsatisfying playing those kind of matches.

The simulation mode news made me curious. It is good to hear after the years they finally did some special contents for offline gameplay. These days most of game devolopers are aim to sell the game and in game contents. I am hyped but I am not sure they did as they said like simulation.. If they don't do proper simulation mode, the gameplay editors will make the game playable as this year. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom