EA SPORTS FC 25

So we can't play on slow any more?

That's only a positive if you haven't used it to get any ounce of enjoyment from FIFA/FC for the last ten years...

Fewer options is never a positive, surely. Especially for this community.

Between this and "sim mode" locking sliders... Man oh man.
I didn't like that. I prefer having the choice. But if sliders are more efficient, I'm ok with that.

I didn't like that. I prefer having the choice. But if sliders are more efficient, I'm ok with that.
Will sliders slow the physics down? No.

One of the biggest problems for me - present in every video so far - is the crazy ball speed.

You can reduce pass/shot speed, but that doesn't change the speed of the game overall. It doesn't change the ball weight or friction, or player "weight" either. It doesn't slow the game down. Only the "slow" speed switch did.

I'm so shocked at some of these decisions. In one of these trailers, they speak about adding more customisation for the players, and the focus on making a more sim-like game...

...then take away one of the main customisation options that makes the game more realistic.

So, so frustrating.

I have seen many games on slow with heretic moves and crazy ball physics🥶. Pass and shoot speed made the flow of the game. FUMA helps too. But without the game in my hands, it's only sciences fiction!

This sounds like a very good addition, but... To be really game changing, the sliders should be different from team to team
I was under impression that this is exactly what the Sim switch does.
It's aimed to add some realism and locks sliders, which have different values for different teams.
Bear in mind - I haven't played it, so I'm not 100%. But that was my understanding.

As for the game speed settings - let me just say that I haven't played single EA game on Normal speed. Ever. It was always set to Slow for me. And looking at the game clips I even said in my previous post that the only hope I see is if the Game Speed settings have a wider gap and we can really slow this madness down.
So yeah - huge slap in the face.

Proper what? It all looks the same

There is still a lot of bad but this does at least look a lot better. I fear the CPU isn't utilising the different dribbling mechanics though, which is where the crazy movement and touches are most prevalent.

Proper what? It all looks the same

That doesn't look great and that's on COM v COM, the AI doesn't know what to do against itself. You can see attackers get into space but the game insists they wait to square up with a defender and do it's janky dribbling and they STILL end up dribbling into danger instead of simply passing to someone in a better position.

The problem with sliders is that it will make one match against barca let's say very realistic and fun...then the next game against west brom they will play like barca since there's no team or player individuality.

In FC 24 all AI teams were doing on higher difficulty is dribble towards the goal kick line and square it.

Play against AI Messi and watch him play the same as Anthony

Awful AI and gameplay that caters for 5 year old kids

The problem with sliders is that it will make one match against barca let's say very realistic and fun...then the next game against west brom they will play like barca since there's no team or player individuality.

In FC 24 all AI teams were doing on higher difficulty is dribble towards the goal kick line and square it.

The great thing about the old pes games. Stats actually mattered. Sliders take stats away.

Have played quite a bit of the beta career mode today on simulation mode. AI play more realistic and build up a bit better but it’s not perfect. Dribbling is a bit harder to dribble past defenders. Enjoying the game for now but need to play more

Have they removed custom formations? I can’t drag players into different positions or change their position. So I’m forced to play with 2 dmf’s and get a stat penalty if I play a “cm” there.

Player roles work as intended (notice a big difference in the players positioning) although it’s not user friendly and refreshes all your changes if you change formation or tactical preset which is annoying.

This sounds like a very good addition, but... To be really game changing, the sliders should be different from team to team (without us having to change them before every match according to the opponent, which is what I fear we'll have to do to make them work).
They could really have made the most of this year's overhaul of the tactical system by adding these sliders on a per-tam basis... But I really doubt they did.
I've always thought this, can't be hard to have sliders that change per team and maybe even per player. So then you change Messi's sliders to make him operate in these areas of the pitch, to dribble x times per match, shoot from long range often, play key passes 4 times per match average etc. Then you'd get some player and team ID going. As opposed to EAFC and EFootball now where every team and player feels like every other pretty much.

Haha, I didn't read to the end before my post and you say pretty similar to what I said.

I don’t know if it’s also the case on next gen, but FC IQ has completely broken off the ball tracking, it was already bad but now the midfield has zero intention of tracking back, worse than FIFA 21

Have played quite a bit of the beta career mode today on simulation mode. AI play more realistic and build up a bit better but it’s not perfect. Dribbling is a bit harder to dribble past defenders. Enjoying the game for now but need to play more

Have they removed custom formations? I can’t drag players into different positions or change their position. So I’m forced to play with 2 dmf’s and get a stat penalty if I play a “cm” there.

Player roles work as intended (notice a big difference in the players positioning) although it’s not user friendly and refreshes all your changes if you change formation or tactical preset which is annoying.
I don't have the beta but if I'm understanding everything correctly, simulation mode is only a changed, fixed slider set. So if you choose simulation mode, the sliders will be changed but you can't rework them. My theory is, that you can screenshot these sliders, switch back to normal mode, use this sliders and customize them to have your own simulation mode. So this is something we are doing already since years. I don't know if there are other differences between simulation and normal gameplay but it would be a typical EA marketing move.

Sorry if someone already pointed it out but a few minutes ago I saw a German career deep dive video and this came directly to my mind.

I don't have the beta but if I'm understanding everything correctly, simulation mode is only a changed, fixed slider set. So if you choose simulation mode, the sliders will be changed but you can't rework them. My theory is, that you can screenshot these sliders, switch back to normal mode, use this sliders and customize them to have your own simulation mode. So this is something we are doing already since years. I don't know if there are other differences between simulation and normal gameplay but it would be a typical EA marketing move.

Sorry if someone already pointed it out but a few minutes ago I saw a German career deep dive video and this came directly to my mind.

This is true but not sure if there is other changes we can’t see. My theory for why it is blacked out is maybe they will add it as an option for online in the future. Really silly the sliders are locked though, it should let you adjust them then just change from simulation to custom.

In theory having pre-set sliders means EA have tested/balanced the game with them.

The professional foul button is a great addition just a shame the cpu hasn’t used it against me

GUmhwbQWkAAMNiX

A feature from FIFA 2003 :LMAO:

I just got back after a long session of the beta, and have to say I'm still positive, although there are things good and bad that are coming to the fore.

Overall I'm still positive, I like the direction and clear improvement over last year. However I found myself less and less impressed the more I played. It is a beta after all, so still not refined, but hope it keeps progressing before launch.

The highlight of this session was discovering the player roles and impact it has on the team, really is something cool. My friend started a career mode with Real Madrid, and I played lots of games and could see players shift into position based on with and without the ball - something PES had. However the way you can have a specific instruction is cool, seeing Bellingham move to the left, or Carvajal come into midfield as an inside fullback. Really nice. I switched some too, making Rodrygo inside forward and you see how it changes player movement within a formation clearly.

The lowlight was probably the Simulation setting and overall impact on the game. This might concern people, however is it a beta, so fingers crossed things change, but after many games and switching from sim to normal and back, I realised overall it's just their idea of a slider settings and nothing more.

The feeling felt flat in the end, compared to the normal setting. I get a sense the game has been built with normal setting in mind, and it flows nicely, very dynamic with unique moments. Switching to simulation, while refreshing at first, made me feel I was missing something. Therefore I believe custom will still be the way to go, and using community sliders will provide the best experience, because the game is definitely improved in trying to create a more realistic experience.

It was also nice to see player stats more prominent than before, as I think there was a bug as players signed don't show up, so after a few injuries we were using youth players, and finishing and movement was simply not on the same level. I remember playing last year and never really feeling I missed star players too much as everyone could do a job, but different this year.

Should add, the presentation of career (i.e. menus) this year is kind of cool, will take some getting used to, but liked the change. Bit buggy though, but can see it being an improvement over last year

How do you all find the passes and through balls this year?

Are they still like on FC24 where your passing power is predetermined for you and the game automatically passes to a further away player even if he's in the same direction as a nearer intended team mate?

Also do the throughballs actually go into space this time? Again on FC24, it always feels like your playmaker would send the throughpass directley into the feet of a defender instead of aiming for the space besides him.

And finally, is there any feedback on the ball physics and the weight of the ball? Does it actually feel like a separate, weighty entity or does it still feel like on of those cheap £1 air floaters that feel tethered to your player and puffs along the floor when dribbling and passing?

How do you all find the passes and through balls this year?

Are they still like on FC24 where your passing power is predetermined for you and the game automatically passes to a further away player even if he's in the same direction as a nearer intended team mate?

Also do the throughballs actually go into space this time? Again on FC24, it always feels like your playmaker would send the throughpass directley into the feet of a defender instead of aiming for the space besides him.

And finally, is there any feedback on the ball physics and the weight of the ball? Does it actually feel like a separate, weighty entity or does it still feel like on of those cheap £1 air floaters that feel tethered to your player and puffs along the floor when dribbling and passing?
That's a good question, and I would say it definitely different to last year, but not perfect.

The way dribbling works this year gives you more of a feeling of separation as a whole, which also lends it self to giving players a feel of weight. Perhaps it's the same way as PES 2021, although sometimes there is some faster than real life movements that pop up.

I mentioned that part first because that feeling does extend to passes, where the weight is felt in how you pass after controlling it. I never cared about control last year, or more had to, but this year first time blind passes don't work. That for me is the biggest change with passing, you can't ping it around mindlessly against the AI, there is error in both accuracy and how it is delivered. So you get this sense it's better to take a touch and focus on the next pass.

Currently when it comes to power, the game does do a lot deciding here, however I did notice it didn't help with longer passes, as if its underpowered it won't reach your target. Throughballs definitely more free though, I did many inside a full back and infront of players when intended.

One thing your question made me think of is difference of passing ability between players, and not sure I noticed that. Aerial long balls yes, but not ground passing and through balls.

Last edited:

Everything about the physics just makes me sick with sadness. The beyond-a-cartoon fast-forward gameplay is the worst thing of all (considering we don't have a slow gameplay setting any more), but those foreheads must be spring-loaded and made of titanium.
It's FUT gameplay and it's always very fast. I want to see a gameplay with custom sliders and I didn't found one!

Everything about the physics just makes me sick with sadness. The beyond-a-cartoon fast-forward gameplay is the worst thing of all (considering we don't have a slow gameplay setting any more), but those foreheads must be spring-loaded and made of titanium.
this gameplay is not only one step back, its more than five steps back

I think no "simulation mode" setting could salvage all this (saw lots of those videos this week, all the same or even worse). I mean, those movements of players turning so abruptly especially with the ball on their feet just turns me off entirely (0:14), the precision and power from crosses with no effort at all (0:05), top corner straight shots (0:25), powerful deflecting headers from weird positions on pressure (0:18), also those akward glitchy direct recovery from the ground moments after falling (0:20)... how could people think this could be compared to PES 2021 is beyond me...

Back
Top Bottom