EA SPORTS FC 25

Hi guys, I managed to get to play a lot of the PS5 version today! I’ll post thoughts later today, but want to say the videos are not reflective of the game. Elements are quick like ball speed, but my experience was very different to what we watched.

Overall I want to say I think it’s brilliant. Seriously. I’m someone who still plays PES 2021 PC patches, and a lot of the PS2 PES games, and want to let you know that EAFC 25 is a game that really pleases me.

Hi guys, I managed to get to play a lot of the PS5 version today! I’ll post thoughts later today, but want to say the videos are not reflective of the game. Elements are quick like ball speed, but my experience was very different to what we watched.

Overall I want to say I think it’s brilliant. Seriously. I’m someone who still plays PES 2021 PC patches, and a lot of the PS2 PES games, and want to let you know that EAFC 25 is a game that really pleases me.
Have you enabled sim mode in the game settings?

None of the leakers have spoken about this and it's the only thing that might salvage the game IMO.

Visually the game still looks horrible though. As always we get this carpet-like turf that looks like it was drawn on Windows Paint without any lighting at all...
I seriously don't understand how they can release something like this in 2024. In comparison to any other game from today with that budget it's beyond understanding

Why on earth off the player movement is so bad and unrealistic. If you watch carefully, you will immediately notice how off the ball players have unnatural and chicken like movements. I have Fifa 14 next gen version and i've been playing on my Xbox Series X through backwards compability, player movement is much much better than current Fifa game which have so called hypermotion tech. Ball psyhics, lightning of the pitch are so much better than current Fifa games. I don't know what 10 years of advancements in tech brought to the table.

And that's the crux of the issue. EA have zero incentive at all to improve the game and make it more realistic, ever.

Cos they know you and others will buy the next game, no matter what.

Last year's game was crap? Ok, I will buy next year's game cos it will be better than last year's crap.

So, EA do nothing, as why would you waste millions on improvements when you can do nothing and still make billions and more than last year.
I will buy it, but for carrer mode ... never will I olay FUT or spend money on those stupid cards.Thats real problem.

Have you played the simulation mod? ( sim mode in the game settings ) What changes does it make on the gameplay?

What effects has the FC IQ tactical feature had on the CPU game?

I was hoping for waaaaaay more info on "simulation mode" than one paragraph...

"One of the most requested features around this area relates to giving players different choices with respect to gameplay balancing. Players can toggle between a Realistic setting which would lock the gameplay sliders to values closer to current life-like football, and a Classic setting which is meant to highlight the classic feeling of playing through the established EA SPORTS FC gameplay. Of course, a very detailed Custom setting is also available, where players can adjust the toggles and the values for both the CPU and their own side, letting you set your preferred experience."

Modding has begun. Working with the community on this. Sharing all knowledge when I get things done. I will create a thread when I get more things done. There are strange things happening with the beta. So don't know how much I can achieve in it right now.

Also. Many thanks to the person who provided the beta key (even though I cant get past the main menu???). Much love.

1723042845181.png

Here are the extra options available in the menus. As said previously, I cannot test them, game is somewhat broke on PC apparently? :/

So "Simulation" is just a slider preset. It's not what people were expecting (i.e. an entirely different gameplay).

1723043077909.png

We have a new CPU Sliders menu with lots of new options (unable to test, yet)

1723043143752.png

Edit: Turns out the problem occuring for me is happening to whole load of others too https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...-missing-all-game-modes/td-p/13939793/page/24 (Nice one EA)

Last edited:
So "Simulation" is just a slider preset. It's not what people were expecting (i.e. an entirely different gameplay).
I had heard that "simulation" wasn't just a block of preset sliders, but did more besides (e.g. changed the AI's playstyle).

But if enabling "simulation" locks the sliders from being modified, maybe that's wrong. In which case, I'll be really disappointed.

Looks like the new cpu sliders might be the truly meaningful addition, rather than just the simulation preset which is what we have done every year anyway.

I had heard that "simulation" wasn't just a block of preset sliders, but did more besides (e.g. changed the AI's playstyle).

But if enabling "simulation" locks the sliders from being modified, maybe that's wrong. In which case, I'll be really disappointed.
Maybe the sliders are locked because they're directly linked to the AI and other mechanics? unlikely but I'm looking for any bit of hope. Can't imagine they fix the 100 touches whilst ball's stuck to foot during turning though.

I think the beta looks very promising, but wary because they always change so much of what makes the betas good for the retail version, hoping for a code as I normally get one from them

I really want to have code of the beta to test it on Fuma /slow / sliders on simulation.
With the shitty videos I don't see the new FC IQ

Feels like sim is locked but we can replicate the same and better in custom sliders….which beggars the question why is it a different mode unless it has different behaviours in the AI?

I am genuinely intrigued it does feel like there is more potential here. Ignoring the hyper speed beta rubbish and setting it to be slow with far more error might give a better experience looking at the foot planting. I slowed the playback on some of the matches to 0.75 and immediately saw a more football type game!

Hopeful for simulation. I play 15 min halves. Seeing the AI pass the ball backwards once in a game will improve what we have at the minute.

Have you enabled sim mode in the game settings?

None of the leakers have spoken about this and it's the only thing that might salvage the game IMO.
It has a huge impact for me. Let me explain from the start.

Please note, I played 5 full matches in Kick Off. 3 normal, 2 in Simulation setting - first few games on World Class, rest on Legendary. Lets start with normal. The beta build has friendly match and online modes. No Career or FUT :(

So starting the game, everything is very similar to last year, however I did venture in the 'Graphical' setting tab, which has 'Enhanced' as default, and option to change to 'Resolution'. Enhanced is basically being able to see the shirt movement in gameplay. For me it looks too much, shirts are much tighter on players these days, but nice visual touch. They need to lower this in my opinion as a little silly at times (i.e. after player stops shirts keep moving around for a while).

Into the game, and this is where it gets interesting. As a PES player, dribbling is very important, with the feel of player weight and characteristics important elements for my own personal enjoyment. EAFC 24 as we all know had lack of weight, sliding, unrealistic inertia etc. Now in EAFC 25, it's so much better! First thing is weight and movement. I didn't feel or see any sliding when dribbling, it is fluid, but there are shifts of the ball rather than instant movement into a direction. Moving 90 degrees requires a shift (i.e. chop of the ball into a desired direction if more than 45 degrees) which adds the feeling of weight, as it requires the player to move the ball first and then follow it. A great thing is that you feel player individuality here, with players like Vini Jr more responsive, but still adhering to the 'shift then move' mechanics.

The other thing I really like is the favoured foot in dribbling. I think this part has helped remove sliding, as player focus on dribbling with their favoured foot. So for example if I was Jude Bellingham and I move in a circle clockwise, he would be using the outside of his right foot. Really helps with player individuality, beyond the usual responsiveness and speed.

So player dribbling is great, I love it. Now onto the ball and passing. Here is where I'm not so happy, but there are good points. First of all bad, ball is too fast. This is painful at times, especially against the AI. However, the good is that there a lot of elements of error if you try first tough passes too often. How that behaves is simple really, where I saw the ball pop up off the ground and slow down, causing me to reassess my next move. but not much more.

Now, Simulation mode! I want to get into this because it made me really fall in love with the game. As some people have noticed it's basically a locked slider setting you choose, and it's wonderful for me. Why? Because basically it doesn't impact the way I dribble, that doesn't change and the feeling is great, but everything else is slowed down. Please note, I like PES6 which is not slow, so what I mean is 'slow in comparison'. Big hit is ball speed. funny thing it's still quick, but not silly, and feels like what you would expect in real life IMO.

Pace of players also takes a hit, where's now a really cool feeling of inertia as you start dribbling as player knock the ball what seems a little bit further - however it feels that way because their speed is lowered so slower to catch-up to a knock-on.

And in general for simulation mode - lots of errors! Here is where passing errors are for punishing passing blind, the shots which don't always hit the target etc. And the AI makes mistake too!

Sorry this is a long post and I'm losing my flow, but did want to touch on the negatives:

• Team individuality - I see it, but not very different to FC24. I player some great teams, and they didn't feel unique. Maybe Man City passed more, but couldn't really tell. I'd say more player individuality than team play. For example you really feel Rodri is imposing and difficult to beat, but can't say Man City as a team were any different to Barcelona
  • POV replay - don't like it personally, I like a full view of the pitch when watching a goal, POV is disorientating.
  • Shirt movement - As mentioned, super exaggerated
  • Defending - So here is where I saw foot sliding a lot, off the ball. You don't notice it of course when in possession, but when I was defending there's a lot of sliding around and instantly shifting direction. Odd because dribbling feels grounded, not sure why defending needs to be higher response
  • Animation - This is harsh because it's definitely improved, but I never liked it last year with the strange arm movement and posture. Much better, but still present here and there
I'm hoping to play more later, probably will update thoughts. Overall hoping the game doesn't get patched too much during the beta, but it will...

It has a huge impact for me. Let me explain from the start.

Please note, I played 5 full matches in Kick Off. 3 normal, 2 in Simulation setting - first few games on World Class, rest on Legendary. Lets start with normal. The beta build has friendly match and online modes. No Career or FUT :(

So starting the game, everything is very similar to last year, however I did venture in the 'Graphical' setting tab, which has 'Enhanced' as default, and option to change to 'Resolution'. Enhanced is basically being able to see the shirt movement in gameplay. For me it looks too much, shirts are much tighter on players these days, but nice visual touch. They need to lower this in my opinion as a little silly at times (i.e. after player stops shirts keep moving around for a while).

Into the game, and this is where it gets interesting. As a PES player, dribbling is very important, with the feel of player weight and characteristics important elements for my own personal enjoyment. EAFC 24 as we all know had lack of weight, sliding, unrealistic inertia etc. Now in EAFC 25, it's so much better! First thing is weight and movement. I didn't feel or see any sliding when dribbling, it is fluid, but there are shifts of the ball rather than instant movement into a direction. Moving 90 degrees requires a shift (i.e. chop of the ball into a desired direction if more than 45 degrees) which adds the feeling of weight, as it requires the player to move the ball first and then follow it. A great thing is that you feel player individuality here, with players like Vini Jr more responsive, but still adhering to the 'shift then move' mechanics.

The other thing I really like is the favoured foot in dribbling. I think this part has helped remove sliding, as player focus on dribbling with their favoured foot. So for example if I was Jude Bellingham and I move in a circle clockwise, he would be using the outside of his right foot. Really helps with player individuality, beyond the usual responsiveness and speed.

So player dribbling is great, I love it. Now onto the ball and passing. Here is where I'm not so happy, but there are good points. First of all bad, ball is too fast. This is painful at times, especially against the AI. However, the good is that there a lot of elements of error if you try first tough passes too often. How that behaves is simple really, where I saw the ball pop up off the ground and slow down, causing me to reassess my next move. but not much more.

Now, Simulation mode! I want to get into this because it made me really fall in love with the game. As some people have noticed it's basically a locked slider setting you choose, and it's wonderful for me. Why? Because basically it doesn't impact the way I dribble, that doesn't change and the feeling is great, but everything else is slowed down. Please note, I like PES6 which is not slow, so what I mean is 'slow in comparison'. Big hit is ball speed. funny thing it's still quick, but not silly, and feels like what you would expect in real life IMO.

Pace of players also takes a hit, where's now a really cool feeling of inertia as you start dribbling as player knock the ball what seems a little bit further - however it feels that way because their speed is lowered so slower to catch-up to a knock-on.

And in general for simulation mode - lots of errors! Here is where passing errors are for punishing passing blind, the shots which don't always hit the target etc. And the AI makes mistake too!

Sorry this is a long post and I'm losing my flow, but did want to touch on the negatives:

• Team individuality - I see it, but not very different to FC24. I player some great teams, and they didn't feel unique. Maybe Man City passed more, but couldn't really tell. I'd say more player individuality than team play. For example you really feel Rodri is imposing and difficult to beat, but can't say Man City as a team were any different to Barcelona
  • POV replay - don't like it personally, I like a full view of the pitch when watching a goal, POV is disorientating.
  • Shirt movement - As mentioned, super exaggerated
  • Defending - So here is where I saw foot sliding a lot, off the ball. You don't notice it of course when in possession, but when I was defending there's a lot of sliding around and instantly shifting direction. Odd because dribbling feels grounded, not sure why defending needs to be higher response
  • Animation - This is harsh because it's definitely improved, but I never liked it last year with the strange arm movement and posture. Much better, but still present here and there
I'm hoping to play more later, probably will update thoughts. Overall hoping the game doesn't get patched too much during the beta, but it will...
Thank you for this post. It was a good and interesting read.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, coz I didn't think EA call pull anything off with their annual promises.
On top of that - the gameplay shown few pages ago looked worse to me than last few EA catastrophies.
Then I heard about locked sliders and I was like WTF were they thinking....

But now I'm reading all this and I'm not gonna lie - I'm intrigued.

I like the extra sliders. Hell - I've been calling for AI aggression and build up sliders for years.
But I hate that Sim mode is locking the sliders, coz my fear is - when I'm up against a good team - their sliders will all be ramped up and I will end up with a ping-pong FUT gameplay anyways..

But then I'm thinking - whatevs, even if the sliders are locked on Sim mode - I can still set them up myself and create custom gameplay, having more tools now at my disposal. Coz I have more sliders now, right?

But it would be a real pity to miss out on AI improvement if I was not to use the sim switch..

So here's my two cents - EA if you are reading this - make a bigger gap in Game Speed settings. Up until now there really was fuck all of a difference whether you played Normal, or Slow.
But if you increase the gap and make Slow Gameplay really slowing the game down - then even Ramped up Sim Mode Sliders for best teams will not feel too bad and the gameplay will be bearable.

So yeah - that's all I wanted to say from someone who thought that posting here ever again will just be a waste of my energy.

You got my curiosity, EA, now get my attention.

Most new features either broken or removed after the third patch

Can't wait to run with the ball straight from kick off with all AI defenders watching me through on goal on legendary simulation setting

Oh YAY they brought back the kick off intros!!

We never learn :LMAO:

Most new features either broken or removed after the third patch

Can't wait to run with the ball straight from kick off with all AI defenders watching me through on goal on legendary simulation setting

Oh YAY they brought back the kick off intros!!

We never learn :LMAO:
I would normally agree, but to add a specific "sim" switch... That's beyond the usual "realistic"-labelled features they add. More so when you consider it's not available online. Why bother adding it if you're not trying to reach guys like us.

I just hope it IS available online at some point.

This simulation settings must be default in online modes aswell especially in online seasons.
I completely agree.

Perhaps it's not right now because it primarily changes AI, and if it's human vs human perhaps there's a concern there's a negative impact on gameplay from the changes it makes.

But if sim mode does anything to AI - surely it strengthens it and lets teammates think for themselves - in which case, it'd be GREAT for us... probably not for the 1v1 competitive players, though. But they don't want to play a football game. They just want an eSport.

Sorry guys, some things I wanted to add
  • Passing animations are redone, they're much more realistic and more 'textbook' if you know what I mean. Less 'pokey', more side foot and follow through
  • Shooting speed as a whole is completely toned down (on normal or simulation), beating top goalkeepers is tough - however I did find a sweet spot with long shots as they can loop over the keeper from around 25 yards due to pace drop
  • Bugs in the demo right now is stamina, usually towards end of the game entire back 4 has no energy left
  • There is some kind of 'catch-up' from defenders on Legendary, reminded me higher difficulty in eFootball. Not hugely bothersome, but it was there
  • Sorry I said this but want to emphasise, the shirt movement really seems like a visual direction they want to add as a new feature, but they're too baggy and makes slim players look out of proportion (slim legs, large upper body look). Really not a fan :(
Someone said fear of this gameplay direction being patched out, and my concern is the change of dribbling, because that seemed consistent between normal and simulation options. I really hope not, but if they did change that, I think would have a huge impact as a whole.

Also, my friend who has the beta didn't like simulation and felt normal was different and realistic enough compared to FC24. I can see that because there was enough errors and overall requirement to be careful with passes, however not having to deal with AI who blasted past you on the wing and zippier passes from AI was key difference for me.

• There is some kind of 'catch-up' from defenders on Legendary, reminded me higher difficulty in eFootball. Not hugely bothersome, but it was there
This is really interesting to me, because this is something in all FC games so far (all difficulties) that I absolutely HATE.

AI-controlled defenders seem to run at a crazy speed the whole game, flying all over the place, to get into their allocated position ... then stand there while the ball/player goes past (because of the whole 1v1 thing, blinding all players apart from the ball-carrier and the "assigned" defender).

If it's less pronounced away from Legendary, I'd be happy with that - cos even in today's trailer, the "simulation mode" gameplay clip shows the CBs in the box running back and forth, back and forth... Not at all humanlike.

This is really interesting to me, because this is something in all FC games so far (all difficulties) that I absolutely HATE.

AI-controlled defenders seem to run at a crazy speed the whole game, flying all over the place, to get into their allocated position ... then stand there while the ball/player goes past (because of the whole 1v1 thing, blinding all players apart from the ball-carrier and the "assigned" defender).

If it's less pronounced away from Legendary, I'd be happy with that - cos even in today's trailer, the "simulation mode" gameplay clip shows the CBs in the box running back and forth, back and forth... Not at all humanlike.
Yeh I saw the last part you mentioned in the clip too. It might be in the beta, but you only notice so many things when you’re playing in the moment.

Back
Top Bottom