Chelsea Thread

Some good news - should mean we get our money back off the Mancs.

I pointed out to Football365 at the time that he was never Lyn's player to sell but was 'pooh poohed'.

"Former Lyn director convicted of fraud in contract dispute over Chelsea star Mikel

Posted: Wednesday Mar 26, 2008 11:02 AM

OSLO, Norway (AP) -Former Lyn director Morgan Andersen was convicted of fraud and making false accusations Wednesday in a case that stemmed from a contract dispute over Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. The Oslo district court sentenced Andersen to one year in prison, but suspended it for a two-year probationary period. It also ordered him to pay 20,000 kroner (US$3,875; ?2,500) in court costs. Andersen immediately appealed.

Andersen was convicted on two counts of tampering with a 2005 contract between Lyn and Mikel so he could sell the Nigerian international to Manchester United. He was also convicted of filing a false police complaint against Mikel's agent, John Shittu. Mikel ended up with Chelsea after the three clubs reached a settlement in the contract dispute.

"The court is convinced that the accused has knowingly contributed to an illegal act for gain, an unjustified right to John Obi Mikel, " the ruling said. Andersen pleaded not guilty to all charges to open the 10-day trial on Feb. 11. The prosecutors had demanded that Andersen be sentenced to one year in prison and serve at least half the time in jail.

Andersen's attorney, Cato Schiotz, said his client completely disagreed with the ruling and will appeal. “We believe the court did not consider all the questions,'' Schiotz said. The defense argued during the trial that one of Andersen's subordinates at Lyn had falsified the contract without his knowledge. The three-member judging panel was split on the sentence, with one judge wanting Andersen to serve six months in jail. However, the other two supported a suspended sentence.

Andersen was convicted of tampering with contracts to make it appear that Mikel had signed them on his 18th birthday. If Mikel had signed as an adult, Lyn would have had rights to benefit if the player had moved in a proposed lucrative deal to Man United. In 2005, Mikel filed a police complaint against Andersen, claiming he had forged the player's signature on the contract. Andersen then filed a counter-complaint against Shittu, saying he had forged Mikel's signature on a different contract.

Both complaints were later retracted, but police independently continued their investigation. Andersen became manager of Fredrikstad in 2006, but has been on sick leave since October. Schiotz said his client would now step down from that job."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...pt.soc.lyn.director.convicted.0446/index.html

On hindsight (unless we somehow have to pay you...) I'm glad that whole fiasco went the way it did. I figure we used the money to buy Carrick, who has slotted in well and helped us on our way to the title last year. Whereas you guys got Mikel, who seems much more suited to Chelsea's, erm, style.

That said I don't really think we'll roll over and give u guys cash back, it'll probabyl be 7 years of vicious legal battles instead...

Oh and meant to ask, did that Andreson guy also hold a gun to Mikel's head while he put on his United jersey and smiled at his new contract...hrm...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what will happen, but we have given you 12m for a player that never belonged to Man Utd. I hardly think we'll just let you just keep the money.

He didn't hold a gun to his head, but he prevented him from speaking to his agent (and Chelsea, who had already tabled a deal), just told him to sign the contract.

I dunno, I'll ask him....

In the meantime, if you see 'Drogba house hunting in Milan' stories in the Sun, you'll know it's true.

I will only believe this when the ink has dried.... As long as he continues to play with the passion he showed against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, I don't mind if he says that he is the king of the world and rants as much as he can. This should be another piece of hype generated by the media to increase traffic.

Media does spin off words of the players and make it sound like they are desperate to leave the club though they wouldn't have made such a statement.

hmm.... i hope terry and lampard are fit enough to give Grant a problem in selection of the squad. I really wish he starts using the 4-4-2 formation.

I think Grant has learnt his lesson in the Arsenal match, and i think he will play 4-4-2 formation. Any1 would know that Chelsea is better at 4-4-2 formation after the Arsenal Match.

I love the very first post of this thread:

William said he might be leaving!

Thats terrible!

Hopefully he stays but he said the prospect of AC Milan is huge.

I dont see AC Milan turning their heads away with the ageing Nesta and Stam.

Noooooooooooooooo

What options do we have if he goes?

Kompany?
Andrade?
Carragher? :p

:LOL:

I don't know what's got into the pair of you. Both been at the funny fags as far as I can make out....

Anyway, bit of a piss-take from Sky: They've moved our game against Everton (scheduled for Saturday 19th) at Goodison.....to.....THURSDAY 17th? This considering we're already playing Wigan on the Monday!

Haven't got a clue why this is, Can't think of any cup games going on.
DISAPPOINTMENT AT FIXTURE CHANGE

Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed with the announcement today regarding the Everton fixture. We believe the decision to hold the match on Thursday April 17 undermines the sporting integrity of the competition by giving our rivals for the Premier League title an unnecessary competitive advantage at a critical time of the season, with more recovery time from their previous match and preparation time for their next fixture when we have to play two games during the same period.

Secondly there has been no consideration given to our fans who will be presented with serious travel, work and other issues. And lastly, the decision sets a dangerous precedent in changing match days still further when fixture congestion does not exist and when a sensible solution regarding other television matches that weekend was suggested. Football has benefited greatly from the backing of television and Chelsea as much as anyone else. However this decision is one step too far and we reserve all rights on our position.

Last edited:
I can't get over how slow a tempo Chelsea STILL play with all the world class players you have.

The difference between the United v Villa match to today's Chelsea v Boro is just world's apart.

I can't get over how slow a tempo Chelsea STILL play with all the world class players you have.

The difference between the United v Villa match to today's Chelsea v Boro is just world's apart.

Barcelona play a slow tempo game....

Who would you rather watch though? Barca or Chelsea? £500+ million on players and watching Chelsea is STILL as much fun as watching paint dry.

Still, they get the job done.

Yeh, but it's got nothing to do with playing fast or slow. And it really doesn't depend on how much they spend. They don't have the personnel to play the short passing game.

plan m.... i don't know whats your fixation with tempo of a game. I said earlier and i will repeat it.. I WOULD TAKE A WIN ANY WAY!!.... I don't care if its 1-0 or 7-0. A wins a win... and if you hate the tempo of our game why watch and after watching why the moans??

plan m.... i don't know whats your fixation with tempo of a game. I said earlier and i will repeat it.. I WOULD TAKE A WIN ANY WAY!!.... I don't care if its 1-0 or 7-0. A wins a win... and if you hate the tempo of our game why watch and after watching why the moans??

So I'm not entitled to a moan? I watch football for entertainment as do your supporters who pay £40 a ticket. No wonder why Stamford Bridge isn't full every other week like Anfield, The Emirates & Old Trafford. The fans deserve more - I'd understand if you were battling at the bottom of the table with no money...

No wonder why Stamford Bridge isn't full every other week like Anfield, The Emirates & Old Trafford.

This was news to me Plan M! So much so that I just had a look at the stats and you are indeed talking guff. As of 30 March: Old Trafford 99.2% full, Stamford Bridge 98.4% full, Anfield 96% full.

ONLY 99.2% full! We have 75,000 capacity too.

There were LOADS of empty seats yesterday mate.

Yes - and where were those seats? In the Boro end. They brought a little over 100 supporters down.

Your point was that Chelsea fans don't turn up, which I would appreciate if you would now retract.

No offence intended with my posts mate - I am only stating what I'm seeing. I didn't know the empty seats was in the away section, I was going by what all the commentators were saying about Chelsea's lack of support. I remember when Stamford Bridge was half-empty for your Champions League match earlier in the season and put 2+2 together. Again, no offence intended. :)

Back
Top Bottom