Chelsea Thread

What the hell happened yesterday guys?

I gotta say, I'm glad it's not gonna be another Man United v Chelsea final, last year's one sent me to sleep. Also, what is with the pundits obsession with Chelsea winning the "Quadruple"? You haven't even won the European Cup in your history let alone ALL four.

What the hell happened yesterday guys?

I gotta say, I'm glad it's not gonna be another Man United v Chelsea final, last year's one sent me to sleep. Also, what is with the pundits obsession with Chelsea winning the "Quadruple"? You haven't even won the European Cup in your history let alone ALL four.

Unfortunately Chelsea won't win nothing!

Also, what is with the pundits obsession with Chelsea winning the "Quadruple"? You haven't even won the European Cup in your history let alone ALL four.

Not sure it's quite the obsession you make out - haven't heard anyone talking about us and trophies for quite some time. ;)

Great cup upset and all that, and well done to Barnsley, but in my eyes it's done us a favour. Roman has now seen that Grant can't win things for Chelsea so hopefully the search for his successor will commence shortly.

No surprise too that Malouda, Essien and SWP return to the side (in place of the supposedly rubbish Lampard) and we put in a shocking performance.

I will say though, I can see glimpses of the attacking football Chelsea fans are talking about.

Really, give Grant some time. He hasn't even managed for a year. A few weeks ago, people were all talking about how is record is as good as Mourinho's. He deserves at least one season, where he can buy his own players, and set up his own team.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any glimpses. Grant is trying to play attacking football with a defensive squad though. It's never gonna work - Chelsea need some fresh faces methinks (and I didn't think I'd be saying that whilst Chelsea had Roman's billions!).

I have to be honest. Obviously, it's difficult to start teaching players a whole new gameplan when they have been taught something completely different. Grant is the manager and he should be given one summer, to buy the players he wants, and set up the team accordingly.

I think he should go. Chelsea need a proven manager who has won it all. Someone of Frank Rijkaard's stature. Getting rid of Mourinho was a stupid move.

Agreed, he isn't up to the job. Giving him millions would just make things worse. His track record in Israel is all the evidence I need.

But I disagree that we need a proven manager who has won the lot, we just need a good manager. Mourinho did a great job, but he and the players got stale in the last couple of years, and 75% of his buys have been average at best.

Considering the players he inherited, he has left us with a lot of crap.

I think he should go. Chelsea need a proven manager who has won it all. Someone of Frank Rijkaard's stature. Getting rid of Mourinho was a stupid move.

You think Rjikaard will be able to handle the ego's in the Chelsea locker room? He's had so many problems at Barcelona, and the same will happen in Chelsea.

But Chelsea DO need a clear out. Their players don't have the hunger or desire anymore. And too many ego's within one team.

The Chelsea team remind me A LOT of the English national team. No flare, no ideas, predicatable football, no drive, no passion....

But they're still in 3rd place and sniffing around us! They're doing something right.

The Chelsea team remind me A LOT of the English national team. No flare, no ideas, predicatable football, no drive, no passion....

But they're still in 3rd place and sniffing around us! They're doing something right.

Spending 500 million in 3 years :DD

pfft, you let in a goal, at home, to derby. Piss poor ;)

You weren't saying that when Torres scored three against the same Derby;-);-)
Anyway good result today we played the same kind of football as against Olympiakos,great passing ,high tempo.
Lamps Joe Cole and Maka(as always) were fantastics:))
5 points Behind the Arse now with a game in hand ,we are coming to catch you!!!!:-D

You LUCKY bastards! One of the weakest teams left in the competition although going to Turkey will be very tough.

Maybe Abramovich has realised there's only one way to get his team to teh top...buying players wasn't the only answer.

Didn't expect the might of Burnley though!?!?

come on guys give grant some time... he has done well. So he screwed up certain matches but come on hes managing Chelsea which itself is a challenge. We just need a little more service to Anelka and wham we have a killer striker couple him with drogba scary partnership as ManU have Tevez & Rooney. Maybe a killer winger and pruning the squad by selling off the dead wood should help the youths get a chance into the 1st squad.

Me too Abhishek!

Actually I'm glad Chelsea are sneaking up on the Mancs. I was hoping Arsenal would prevent the Mancs getting number 17, but Chelsea still have a MASSIVE way to go in that regard.

Still a long way to go fellers i mean 10 more games for the blues... anything can happen... but I kinda feel Grant might getting into the groove as of right now...

Spurs and Arsenal in the next few days - we'll know where we really stand in 8 days time.

Personally, I think the Mancs have the title sewn up and have done for a long, long time. We don't look anything like a title winning outfit (we were poor again today) and in every big game this season, we've failed to perform.

Back
Top Bottom