Chelsea Thread

I would say Maicon is as good as Alves defensively, and Sergio Ramos is the best. But, taking in account the overall game, I think Alves is the best right back in the game. And miles ahead of Beletti offensively and defensively. The only player who was as good as Alves is right now in his position were Zanetti and Zambrotta in their PRIME. And Alves is not even in his prime yet!

@ T Butcher fan: have to agree and disagree with you over there mate. Agree on the fact we don't need Dani Alves. He might be good in terms of attacking prowess but defensively not that sure. Who knows Ivanovic might just be the key man here. Already we are tagged for another left back and he is in the teens I think. Yes we do have kakata who is upcoming player and another one for the future. I just hope we build up to the amount of youth players going into the main squad. At the moment only John Terry is the only player thats gone from youth to main squad.
Disagree on the fact man Ben Sahar has proven in the various loan spells that he has got it in him. He pacy, attacking too and also none too selfish. Di Santo is kinda a lanky striker who can actually do a Crouchy for us. Sinclair can provide us with the necessary speed and tricks at the wings as seen in the games.

No complaints from me today lads, we got torn a new arsehole.

Lampard never deserved to be sent off either, though it did obviously make me chuckle :lol:
(I expect the red card to be overturned)

Cheers Steevio - very gracious considering it was your nemesis doing the damage.

Lino was very dodgy. Either a talking to both, or a yellow to both at worst. The Sky commentary team were convinced Boa Morte was the one going if anyone. Ridiculous.

The FA will find some reason not to overturn it.

Lampard decision was a dubious one.. I wonder what would matherto's reactions would be if Rooney or Tevez or for that matter C.Ronaldo had gotten a red card like that would be interesting to watch the reactions.
I don't think Grant would want to risk appealing this as the next three games are relatively easy and the fourth being Arsenal. Taking that match into context I don't think he would appeal..

Great result yesterday lads, you needed that kind of performance. We can't buy a point at Upton Park these days so I appreciate how tough it can be.

We did a bit of a Man Utd for once - killed off a game by minute 20!

I honestly think that for the first time in about 2 years we have come out in the 1st half and taken a game by the scruff of the neck. Not convinced we've turned the corner, but at least nice to know the players haven't completely forgotten how to do it.

Craven Cottage isn't exactly a happy hunting ground for us either!

Thing is mate, you are creeping up behind us (oo-er!) nice and quietly. Everyone talks about United & Arsenal but I've said all season DON'T EVER WRITE THIS CHELSEA TEAM OFF! You have the squad to win the treble, your players have to WANT it though.

Pretty much right, but that hunger went out of the side roughly mid-way through the second title winning season and I see little sign of getting it back till the squad is overhauled.

Pretty much right, but that hunger went out of the side roughly mid-way through the second title winning season and I see little sign of getting it back till the squad is overhauled.

ive seen that happen to us a few times over the years...

the hunger seems to be replaced by confidence...

but at the same time other teams start giving too much respect so maybe it balances out for awhile....

the big mistake at chelsea was the signings after that 2nd title, a few quality young hungry players (or quality players with no medals) would have shook things up abit...

theres still alot of quality at chelsea, as soon as a few of mourhino's players leave and you get a good partner for anelka i think it'll be even tougher title run in next season....

I still feel we have enough quality hungry players in the squad and no need for a squad overhaul. All we need to do is sell off the players no longer interested in playing for the team and get in replacements or fill the void with the youth players. I'm sure no one will be more hungrier than them for a chance. What do you guys say?

team news for Tonight

Cudicini, Ferreira, Terry, Carvalho, A Cole, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard, J Cole, Kalou, Drogba

no Essien!!!!!!!!!!:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:,

GREAT result tonight lads, that will shut your critics up for a while. We just need L'pool to do Inter (which I'm sure they will) and it's FOUR English clubs into the Quarter Finals! :)

GREAT result tonight lads, that will shut your critics up for a while. We just need L'pool to do Inter (which I'm sure they will) and it's FOUR English clubs into the Quarter Finals! :)

Ready for an all English semi finals :SMOKIN:

But you'll face Barca, ok? ;)

Noooooooooooo please not Barca! Not yet anyway! Could you imagine Liverpool v United & Chelsea v Arsenal semi-finals? :shock:

Noooooooooooo please not Barca! Not yet anyway! Could you imagine Liverpool v United & Chelsea v Arsenal semi-finals? :shock:

Can you imagine a Liverpool-United final? There will be murder I tell you

I wouldn't mind Barca TBH. We've beaten them before, we can beat them again!

And don't count out Roma. They got thrashed last season, but Spaletti ain't going to let that happen again. They beat a very, very good Madrid side home and away.

I couldn't handle a United v Liverpool final. My heart and soul just wouldn't handle it if we got beat.

I NEVER underestimate Roma - apart from Milan and maybe Celtic, I feel that is the toughest away fixture in Europe. I could say that Roma don't travel well but that hasn't been the case this season; we only managed to beat them JUST at home this season and they had an array of chances.

Anyway, this is the Chelsea thread so I'll keep all other football banter for their respective threads. :)

damn.. a liverpool man u final... lol... to top it an all-english final? come on give the other teams their dues...... gonna be a mouth-watering Champs League with no 9 time champs and 7 time champs just a 5 time champ!!

I would hate a Liverpool United final as in my eyes Liverpool would be HUGE favourates as in the CL there just a different team

Yep - they're the one team I'd like to avoid. Ideally we wouldn't get any English team, always feels wrong getting an English team in a European competition.

Schalke looks the easiest tie, haven't seen Fenerbahce play this year.

Back
Top Bottom