Chelsea Thread

point plan m... it does take a while to prune a squad to your understanding.. most of the users still say grant is lucky and getting this victory only because of jose's squad. you have to give the man his dues when its deserved...

Alinne Moraes is the name, mate!

0,,10950758-EX,00.jpg

:w00t:

today Carling cup final,can't wait!! should be a great game,Spurs playing well at the moment, i expect us to show a completely different face from the game against Olympiakos.
I hope we play 442 but it wont happen:(( so that will be our usual 443

Cech-belleti,Alex,carvalho,Bridge-Essien-Ballack,Lamps-Anelka,Drogba,jCole

Today I will be happy at the end of the game. I love Chelsea and Tottenham (a bit strange isn't it?) so happen what happens I will be happy in the same. I just hope a good, an entertained and an excited football match between those great teams.

Team news:
Cech, Belletti, Carvalho, Terry, Bridge, Wright-Phillips, Essien, Lampard, Mikel, Anelka, Drogba.

so i'm happy no Ballack:))but i'm a bit dissapointed as Alex is on the bench,ithink he deserved to start this game as he has been fantastic during Terry absence

disgusted..We got what we deserve,we never came in the game,we didn't play,Tottenham deserve it,they did a great game
Oh and Grant how could he take Essien off and let Lamps on pitch??

Ballack should have played, he's a much better player than Lampard. Lampard can score the goals if he gets a clear chance or deflects it, but Ballack is such a better player in terms of controlling the game.

Ballack should have played, he's a much better player than Lampard. Lampard can score the goals if he gets a clear chance or deflects it, but Ballack is such a better player in terms of controlling the game.

Spot on.

Lampard is a good player, but lacks that extra class that Ballack has.
I know it was a while back, but he took Leverkusen and Germany to the 2 biggest finals in football.
That's the difference between the 2 players.

I would seriously consider building the team around Ballack for the CL run in and definitely sell Lampard in the summer.

Yeh, Ballack is in different league to Lampard and Ballack just adds that extra class. Give him a long run of games, and build the team with Ballack as the focal point, and Chelsea can be unbeatable with the talent they have.

Nope. Lampard didn't have a good game (no doubt because he has been injured for the last 2 months), but he has been instrumental in everything we have won over the last few years.

Ballack has not. Great player that he is, the Premiership just passes him by from time to time.

Ballack has never been given a proper run. He was given a good run when Frank was injured, and he was pretty good. It's just about getting used to the pace.

I see you lots lifting the trophy today..

I didn't.

As I said in the Spurs thread, Chelsea YET AGAIN tried to bore the opposition into submission. EVEN my missus was on the laptop at the time of the game and looked up & said "God, Chelsea are boring." Sort it out Grant, it was a CUP FINAL for God's Sake & your supporters have spent a fortune on tickets for this match. I lost count on how many times Cech booted the ball long and straight back to the Spurs players.

You lot just didn't look like you wanted to win it today - Spurs did. No attacking flare, Anelka looked out of place & stroppy, Lampard was crap...I could go on. I DO rate Grant as a manager but you really need to step your game up, the only players who ever seem to really want the ball and WIN these days are Joe Cole & Wright-Phillips.

All my opinion of course. :)

I heard a guy on 606 say he was at the game. At half time in extra time, John Terry was giving the half time team talk, whilst Avram watched on scratching his head :lmao:

I didn't.

As I said in the Spurs thread, Chelsea YET AGAIN tried to bore the opposition into submission. EVEN my missus was on the laptop at the time of the game and looked up & said "God, Chelsea are boring." Sort it out Grant, it was a CUP FINAL for God's Sake & your supporters have spent a fortune on tickets for this match. I lost count on how many times Cech booted the ball long and straight back to the Spurs players.

You lot just didn't look like you wanted to win it today - Spurs did. No attacking flare, Anelka looked out of place & stroppy, Lampard was crap...I could go on. I DO rate Grant as a manager but you really need to step your game up, the only players who ever seem to really want the ball and WIN these days are Joe Cole & Wright-Phillips.

All my opinion of course. :)

totally agree with you except the sentence about Grant.The guy has no tactical abilities when it comes to play the big teams
Anelka on the left wing??c'mon don't play him or play him as a striker in a 442 formation.He took essien off when he should have moved him as right back and put JOE Cole earlier instead of the crappy Belleti and play 442.
At the other end Ramos was fantastic with his subs,took Chimbonda off and brought Huddlestone,moved Lennon from a right side to a left side because he knew belleti couldn't cope with him.
we brought late joe cole and changed to a 442,Ramos replied in the next minute by putting Kaboul and switch his formation to a 541,spot on,remind me a certain Mourinho...

I still think that replacing Mourinho (a proven manager who has won the lot) with Grant is absurd. What the hell was Roman thinking?!

Why no Makelele today ?

Very dispointed by Anelka and Wright-Philips

Makelele plays only the"big games"i think for Grant it wasn't a big games..:whistle:

you can't blame Anelka as he was playing out of position(lw), and the same goes for SWP,he's clearly a better player in the middle as a AM

I'm disappointed with Grant - as Plan M says, we've had 4 big games under his leadership and we've tried for 0-0 in each as far as I can see. He's done a great job of keeping the ship on the right course, but in the big games, the trend seems to be that he can't hack it. We'll see...

But, a thousand times worse, I'm appalled by the players attitude in the last month or so. Precious little movement, sloppy passing and a generally lazy demeanor. Doesn't matter who the manager is, if you get paid 80k a week and can't get your self fired up for a Wembley final, fook off and get a job a pet's at home.

At least the club is interesting again (if not the football)!

Back
Top Bottom