Chelsea Thread

Oh I know what you're saying Gerd. I don't mean "crap" but I just hate the way some footballers are programmed (United's included) - SWP could easily say "Wigan are at the bottom of the league so we are expected to win today." As for "Glory Hunterish", it's not my fault that my club are top of the league. I had to watch us being crap in the 80s.

As for Chelsea playing attractive football - no way. I don't see it. It was such a boring game at Wigan - the Arsenal match or United match today were SO different in comparison.

:)

I agree that the match against Wigan was extremely boring, but i also watched Villa-Utd in the previous round...that was an extremely boring match too...

I did not say that you were a glory hunter, but with United fans you never know...usually the more hardcore they seem, the more glory hunterish they are...a real fan is at times really harsh for his favourite team and has every right to be...

At the end of the day, Chelsea are a very well organised team that win matches. We all have our different views on the football they play. They are still the toughest away match in the Premiership in my opinion.

nap I think United have the better indivduals, but Chelsea have backup and quality all over the pitch. It does help being backed by a billionaire though.

agree here,it would be interesting to see how Man U would cope without Ronaldo during one month...

ps;Rafa was backed too by the Americans at the beginning of the season so don't come up with the usual Blabla

Liverpool, United and Chelsea have all been financially backed over the last few seasons. The difference is that Chelsea/United have spent wisely whilst L'pool have bought a few shockers (bar Torres).

Liverpool could of won today, you lot didn't do enough to win so I think a draw was fair. :)

Last edited:
Liverpool could of won today, you lot didn't do enough to win so I think a draw was fair. :)

I thought we were dreadful yesterday - one of the worst performances I've seen in many, many years. Couldn't even do the basics. If we'd been beat we wouldn't have had any complaints. Our best chance was a Riise back pass for crying out loud!

Simply dreadful....

Please Premier League, ship this fixture off to Bangkok or something from now on! [-o<

lampards playin well and does luk refreshed after his injury its better now for the team and now its gonna coz a few ego clashes... if JT n Frank lampard come into the teamm directly who will dropped... it wud be gr8 if every1 seamlessly fit together but i doubt thts possible...

we were a disgrace(again?)today ,what a poor game we played even if it was a against a good Olympiakos side,but we showed nothing until Anelka came ,1 SHOT ON TARGET in the second half!!!really disgusted..boring,Ballack is useless,Malouda can't beat a player,i'm really fed up tonight

wasn't much the free-flowing football which Grant said Chelsea would do... I guess I'll take the draw.. though kalou should have scored... maybe we should try a 4-4-2 formation in the next game.. anelka and drogba... kalou should have played on the left... his performance is better than malouda...

Fine result last night lads, you'll beat them 2 or 3-0 at home, they don't travel well.

I gotta say though - Chelsea are still fucking boring to watch. What happened with Grant coming in to improve the style of football? I've said it a million times - Chelsea are STILL very poor to watch. But if you are getting results, that doesn't matter. Just a shame when you have so many World Class players that are capable of playing the beautiful game the beautiful way.

plan m I wouldn't mind taking a boring 1-0 win as long as the blues win.. thats whats important. True it was boring match but with a draw away at home we can press on and win the game agree with you on that one...
Beautiful game or Winning Games which would you guys prefer? I will vote for Winning Games the boring gritty grinding way...

Well I support Man United so I wouldn't know. We win playing entertaining football. ;)

But I do agree - results are what counts. How long you supported Chelsea for Delta?

not long actually... started supporting Chelsea at the fag end of Ranieri's era... so its been 5 glorious years and am sure its going to continue for many more.. what about you plan m??
haha.... Entertaining football seeing in the premiership?? no way... its more physical oriented...

haha.... Entertaining football seeing in the premiership?? no way... its more physical oriented...

Yeah that's right, we beat Newcastle 6-0 by wrestling them for 90 minutes. :roll:

I have supported Man United since 1986. I have seen us grow into the massive club that we are now. We were shite when I first stood in the Stetford End with my uncle though.

I've said it a million times - Chelsea are STILL very poor to watch.

I think we got the tag undeservedly, simply because we could defend. But we've now grown into it - we are fecking terrible to watch.

I don't think Grant can do much about this till the summer - and there's no real urgency either. The defence works, the rest will come eventually. I just hope he ships out the likes of SWP, Malouda, Cole (A), Sidwell and even Essien and Drogba. The squad really does need an overhaul.

I think the 'entertaining to watch' argument is a bit pointless if you're discussing someone else's team though. I'm only really interested in my team - If I see Man Utd are playing Villa or Portsmouth, it's hardly a 'must watch'. If I clicked it on, I'd only be entertained if you got beat 8-0 or something.

Essien?? are you crazy he is the engine, a person for the future. He is an amazing talent and is going to develop into a phenomenal player... Malouda was the player of the French League and its still his first season remember drogba?? adebayor of arsenal last season?? Cole is doing well in the past few matches and always a good asset to the team due to his speed. Sidwell is a squad player and has been decent in the past matches. Drogba I agree should be offloaded get bagfuls of cash and buy another striker or play our youngsters into the squad Ben Sahar & Scott Sinclair...would love to see that.

plan m I guess we really do disagree on teams... really liked your post in the liverpool thread. support the teams in the end... loved it kudos...

I think we got the tag undeservedly, simply because we could defend. But we've now grown into it - we are fecking terrible to watch.

I don't think Grant can do much about this till the summer - and there's no real urgency either. The defence works, the rest will come eventually. I just hope he ships out the likes of SWP, Malouda, Cole (A), Sidwell and even Essien and Drogba. The squad really does need an overhaul.

I think the 'entertaining to watch' argument is a bit pointless if you're discussing someone else's team though. I'm only really interested in my team - If I see Man Utd are playing Villa or Portsmouth, it's hardly a 'must watch'. If I clicked it on, I'd only be entertained if you got beat 8-0 or something.

Fair points but don't the fans deserve more? I mean Chelsea charge the highest prices for tickets in the Premiership. My point was that the Russian got rid of a very good manager because he wanted the team to be playing like Real Madrid not Bolton and on a consistent basis. I know things don't happen overnight, and Grant does need to be in the job for a year or so before we can start seeing changes? I don't know. But hey, you get the job done moreso than not & playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is ALWAYS a really tough fixture. :)

Back
Top Bottom