Chelsea Thread

why??what are they done that Mourinho hasn't done??Except for Lippi who won the world cup:D:D

absolutely nothing, mate ;). talking about achievements, mourinho stands beside the greatests (and he deserves to ;))
also talking about his abilities, he's a top class coach, among the greatest in europe, that's for sure....
...but there are better coaches than him in europe. some coaches (like hiddink, lippi, capello, benitez) are more able than him in reading the opponent's line up and adapt their own game system.
some other coaches (like spalletti, ancelotti, prandelli, puel, deschamps, juan de ramos, rossi) are more able than him in changing the game system during the game, according to the flow of the match (reading the game is a very iportant ability).
some coaches (like lippi, spalletti, ancelotti and hiddink) are more able than him in the dressing room management.

anyway, saying that mourinho is (talking about theese specifical aspects) behind theese coaches is not an insult to his great abilities. those coaches are the top in europe and, imo, josè is just one little step behind them.

i just meant to say that i don't think he's the best coach in europe..... but sure he's among the 10 best coaches in europe......

... and it will be very tough for abramovich to find a better coach (that's for sure ;)).

i can understand your feelings Alain, as Palermo's chairman (Zamparini) is a real "coach killer" :(
and i get mad (almost) each time he fires our coach!:roll:

the season just started, and now chelsea players will have to learn new schemes, adapt themselves to a new game system, to new athletic preparaton methods.......

it was really a silly move by roman... firing a coach at this critical point of the season. :(

Avram Grant is the new coach. A close friend of Abramo. Hence why he was laughing against Rosenborg, he already knew he was gonna put his muppet in charge, and now he can play monopoly without the interference of the coach...

What a time to leg it - Just as you are going to play Man U as well. If I was a Chelsea supporter I would be very worried!

You can't replace Mourinho - but whoever gets the team full time will have a very strong squad - lets see what they do with it.

Thank you Jose,you've done a great job for the club.we love you and you'll always be missed,and thats include Chelsea owner Roman,very soon,he'll be deeply regretted for what hes done on you.good luck and good bye.

If I was a Chelsea supporter I would be very worried!

If you're a recent supporter of them, then perhaps yes. If you are a long term supporter, then i don't think so. I was very happy with Chelsea's status and achievements pre-RA and my concern has only grown since his takeover.

Personally i'd rather see that slimeball Kenyon go and to be honest RA too. I no longer see the club i once knew.

What's next on the cards? Perhaps an exodus of key players: Drogba, Lampard, Carvahlo, Terry??

Was just going to post that, word for word, haha.

Not looking good for Chelsea. Don't feel sorry for them though, Mourinho was my favourite Prem manager.

Jose will be missed, no doubt...

and im sure with the resources available chelski will be a top club...

but while cuddly pete is on board chelsea are in trouble....

Alan took over WHU and got a victory over ManUtd nothing is guarantee.. even though Chelski camp is on a low they can stick a goal everyone is playing for a spot I imagine

Alan took over WHU and got a victory over ManUtd nothing is guarantee.. even though Chelski camp is on a low they can stick a goal everyone is playing for a spot I imagine

thats why I was suprsied at the bookies odds for the game...

beating the champions would lift everyone at the club and stop all the talk re Jose....

...but there are better coaches than him in europe. some coaches (like hiddink, lippi, capello, benitez) are more able than him in reading the opponent's line up and adapt their own game system.
some other coaches (like spalletti, ancelotti, prandelli, puel, deschamps, juan de ramos, rossi) are more able than him in changing the game system during the game, according to the flow of the match (reading the game is a very iportant ability).
some coaches (like lippi, spalletti, ancelotti and hiddink) are more able than him in the dressing room management.

What has Spalletti, deschamps, Ramos, Puel Prandelli, Rossi and Ancelloti done that Mourinho hasn't?

Why are they above him, on what basis?

I agree their are other coaches who are arguably better, but I do not think any of these that you have mentioned can claim to have done more. Maybe you could explain though?

Certainly if Mourinho had got beaten 6-1 and knocked out of the champions league to Man Utd then he would have been sacked immediately.

Im sure mourinho will write a tell all book soon, then you`ll really see what went in the backroom. I don`t like nothing about Mourinho but he did a lot for Chelsea and he`ll be remember for that and still never lost at home (60games)

Im sure mourinho will write a tell all book soon, then you`ll really see what went in the backroom. I don`t like nothing about Mourinho but he did a lot for Chelsea and he`ll be remember for that and still never lost at home (60games)

Yep.

And the home record was absolutely stunning, no arguments about that.

What has Spalletti, deschamps, Ramos, Puel Prandelli, Rossi and Ancelloti done that Mourinho hasn't?

Why are they above him, on what basis?

I agree their are other coaches who are arguably better, but I do not think any of these that you have mentioned can claim to have done more. Maybe you could explain though?

Certainly if Mourinho had got beaten 6-1 and knocked out of the champions league to Man Utd then he would have been sacked immediately.

well mate i guess chelsea fans are quite sad right now and i think they're not interested at all in this discussion.
let's just say that we can't rate a coach just by his achievements, because there are many factors that can influence a result (the quality of the players, first of all). some of the greatest coaches in europe are now coaching "middle class teams" (and some of them are unemployed), and they won't be able to reach the achievements that many worse coaches will reach (just coz they're training top class team).

anyway, as i already said i like very much mourinho, and i think he's a great coach. but there are many great coaches in europe and many of them are even better than him, imo.
i guess u (and probably many other people) don't share my view and i can just respect your opinion.
but it would take a lot of time (and pages) to deeply talk about those coaches i mentioned before and explain why i think they're better......

and i don't think that's the most appropriate thread, neither moment, to talk about it ;):)

the money and the players are still there. they're still a bastard to beat too.
Some people said that anyone could do the job with the money at Chelsea. Maybe they were right and Mourinho was not that special. I hope they were wrong. What if they get a really good manager?

76966253.jpg

This guy shows no character at all, bring back Jose

Back
Top Bottom