Chelsea Thread

This is a good read found at Football365.com

Chelski's Winter Of Discontent
Accident or no accident - and contrary to Jose Mourinho's rants and the opinions of a few misguided newspaper columnists, it clearly was an accident - few individual moments had as much impact on this season's title race as Stephen Hunt's knee cracking Petr Cech's skull.

Chelsea's dreams were left in the hands of Carlo Cudicini (once he'd recovered from his own injury, suffered in the same game) and the hilarious Hilario for three whole months.

With the defence then hit by injury, including the ever-dependable John Terry being ruled out from the beginning of December to the beginning of February, Chelsea's real problems began.

Over the festive period and the new year, the Blues dropped points three games in succession - at home against Reading and Fulham and away to Aston Villa - while United notched up eight goals and seven points.

Three weeks later, Chelsea blew an invaluable chance to make up ground - United lost to Arsenal, but Mourinho saw his charges slip to a 2-0 defeat at Anfield...with Paolo Ferreira and Michael Essien shoe-horned in at centre-back and completely unable to cope with Peter Crouch's height.

Jose went public in his appeal for aid, begging Roman Abramovich to release the funds for a new defender. "The drama is when consecutively you cannot defend," he announced one day. "We sold William Gallas and Robert Huth in the summer. We don't have enough cover," he complained on another. "I want to go to the transfer market," came an impassioned plea, before reverse psychology was tried - "It is Mr Abramovich's club, and if he will not buy new players, that is that" - and failed. Chelsea would have to take their chances with what they had.

They might have got away with it, too, if it wasn't for those pesky end-of-season games. Following the Liverpool game, with no new defenders to shore things up, the Blues won nine Premiership games on the bounce, conceding just one goal. The gap began to close.

And then, disaster struck. First came a draw with Newcastle - but United were held by Boro. But then Ricardo Carvalho was forced from the field against Bolton. Michael Essien moved to centre-back. Chelsea dropped points. In his side's next game, against Arsenal, Mourinho turned to the out of favour Khalid Boulahrouz...who gave away a penalty and was sent off. Points were dropped. The title was lost. And all because Roman wouldn't buy Jose the defender he wanted.

More here.

15 players fit for a FA Cup final huh? Are you lot crocked or what?...
A hilarious quote from Mourinho,incidently featuring Hilario.

"If Ashley Cole is ready then we will have 15 players for the final.So I have to choose between Hilario - because he is not bad playing forward - or bring one of the kids to make 16.'

Yeah the story of our season,one player coming back injury,2 others get injured:( it has been that all season

What do you think your starting 11 will be?
----------Cech--------
-Ferreria-Terry-Essien-Bridge
---------Makele------
---Lampard----Diarra--
-Cole------------Robben-
-------Drogba------

?

What do you think your starting 11 will be?
----------Cech--------
-Ferreria-Terry-Essien-Bridge
---------Makele------
---Lampard----Diarra--
-Cole------------Robben-
-------Drogba------

?

robben is still injured,i think kalou will play,little hope for A.Cole Too as he's the only one who can handle Ronaldo

Well done...never fear a team that can`t beat you, FaCup Winners!

Edit: Ugliest footie my eyes have seen

Edit: lovely pass a stunner goal w/ a touch of class

Last edited:
At last, Chelsea spend their money wisely. But I still don't think signing two good players for free makes up for the money wasted on flops.

I heard Lampard was called back early for preseason training.
Pre-seasonlampard.jpg

guys Alex the big defender is on his way to Chelsea.surely a very good back up to CBs.

Last edited:
Not really impressed by him during the cOpa America ,he will struggle with the pace of the PL

Just heard on the dutch bbc that robben has agreed to go to madrid and that the clubs will finalise the deal. Great news, saves me getting irritated when he dives every 5min he's on the pitch :D

They dive less than half as much as they did the season before.
Probably cuz they didnt have to. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom