Chelsea Thread

im not comparing united to arsenal, im saying that arsenal can mix it well againtst top teams

the championship is not only against the" big 4".

Look at west ham they took 6 pts against you but failed to take more than one point against watford

who beat liverpool twice this season too?

Stick to the league, you won 3-0 at emirates and lost 4-1 at anfield. The fa cup is a cup(im not going to count a reserve team game in the carling cup), and never a sign of league progress, just ask the manu fans saying as much about the CL now that liverpool are in the final and not them ;)

The league is really tough, you only have to see the fortune manu have had in a few games that means they have won it. Before they start moaning they deserve it, however last minute wins at fulham/anfield/the everton debacle/etc shows how finely balaced succes is now, thats 9 points instead of 2 just from those 3 games. Chelsea have also shown their strenght with the 14 game run? with the injurytime goals. Tbh i cant see either liverpool or arsenal have that strenght next season. Hopefully though as it will make the league more interesting.

You can say Chelsea and United have had good fortune, and you are right but you have to be in a position to take the luck when it comes and that is the real difference between winning and coming 3rd or 4th.

the championship is not only against the" big 4".

Look at west ham they took 6 pts against you but failed to take more than one point against watford

god almighty cant people read? i said that ARSENAL CAN MIX IT WITH THE BEST IE MATCH AND SOMETIMES OUTPLAY THE TOP TEAMS!

I never said we was worthy of being championship material (in due time)

god almighty cant people read? i said that ARSENAL CAN MIX IT WITH THE BEST IE MATCH AND SOMETIMES OUTPLAY THE TOP TEAMS!
I think he CAN read. Its you thats having a problem understanding the point. The point is, you can "mix it" with all the top teams in the world but it means nothing if you then drop points against smaller teams. At the end of the day, every goal is a goal no matter how its scored, and every win is a win no matter how its achieved. A win against Liverpool is as good as a win against Watford when you're talking about the league.

He is also saying that West Ham could say they can mix it with the big teams too. They beat Arsenal twice, Man utd once (maybe twice) and they recently beat Bolton and Everton.

He is also saying that West Ham could say they can mix it with the big teams too. They beat Arsenal twice, Man utd once (maybe twice) and they recently beat Bolton and Everton.

west ham are like 50 points adrift of united so that statement is abit off and they could get relegated lol. yea they realy can mix it with the best

You can say Chelsea and United have had good fortune, and you are right but you have to be in a position to take the luck when it comes and that is the real difference between winning and coming 3rd or 4th.

Agree, but was using it to highlight how tight it as at the top now. Those few points make a huge difference, and its luck, but as you say its also mental strenght (championship quality). My dad text me when he was watching the anfield match and said manu were gonna get a goal because of the way the match was going. Manu, and chelsea aswell, just have that quality about them that when they get a chance, however fortunate it is they can punish teams for it. Both pool and arse havent got that, and like i said, i dont think theyll have it next season either.

:lol: :applause: No come back from that.

If you look at what he said - '50 points and they could get relegated'. So the same can't be said for Arsenal.

I love it when people listen to a bit of a qoute so they can make a joke/point. if you actually read the whole qoute then it does not make sense - as Arsenal are not in the relegation battle, so the same can't be said for Arsenal?!

He probably didn't come back because it made no sense.

Last edited:
If you look at what he said - '50 points and they could get relegated'. So the same can't be said for Arsenal.

I love it when people listen to a bit of a qoute so they can make a joke/point. if you actually read the whole qoute then it does not make sense - as Arsenal are not in the relegation battle, so the same can't be said for Arsenal?!

No, what he means is that although Arsenal can 'mix it with the top teams', they still find themselves 20 points behind Man Utd. Anyway, the main thing is your position in the table, not the teams you've lost to or the teams you've beaten.

You have problem understanding the point?
You can say it all day long that Arsenal can mix it with the best but at the end of the day, theres still a 20 point gap.
Now if you decided to ignore the point gap in the league and talk about individual match performances (which is where you think Arsenal have a respectable record against top teams), Marukomu pointed out that West Ham have also beat some top teams.
So apart from your league position, you're no different from West Ham.

You have problem understanding the point?
You can say it all day long that Arsenal can mix it with the best but at the end of the day, theres still a 20 point gap.
Now if you decided to ignore the point gap in the league and talk about individual match performances (which is where you think Arsenal have a respectable record against top teams), Marukomu pointed out that West Ham have also beat some top teams.
So apart from your league position, you're no different from West Ham.

That makes complete sense - We are exactly like West Ham. Why didn't I see it before!! thank you for making me undertand.

So apart from your Penis - you are a girl?

What a load of Shite!!

seem like Arsenal fans can"t accept they have been very average this season:lol: you can say what you want but the League isn't about mix with the"big 4"!!!!

seem like Arsenal fans can"t accept they have been very average this season:lol: you can say what you want but the League isn't about mix with the"big 4"!!!!

I didn't say anything about mixing it with the big 4.

Anyway we are part of the big 4 so we can't mix it with ourselves?

I think Chelsea have played average this season - I have not seen one match of theirs that I have thought is above average?

They have eeked out results week in and out - bored me to tears. I would rather watch paint painted on - dry, then two years later scrape the paint off re-paint it and then watch it dry again!! than watch Chelsea with there 'Heart' and 'Determination' Don't make me laugh - more like with their 'Money' and their 'Knob head players'.

The only thing you have won this season is something you didn't deserve to win?

I was starting to respect Drogba though - When he plays fairly and is not such a spanner, he is definately a good player. But then he started to dive about again and he went down in my estimation.

But you guys must love him - as if he was injured (Like Henry) you would be languishing in mid table :-) he has saved your arses on many an occasions this season.

didn't deserve to win???we don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!in few years we'll remember only the team who won!!!
average??yeah we were but still second!!sO Arsenal were great ?well we have seen that with your trophyless season,keep doing so well then
drogba??each has his own opinion

didn't deserve to win???we don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!in few years we'll remember only the team who won!!!
average??yeah we were but still second!!sO Arsenal were great ?well we have seen that with your trophyless season,keep doing so well then
drogba??each has his own opinion

I know you don't care - you only care about money :-)

I didn't say Arsenal were great? but at our height this season we have been much better than you. You have been consistant granted but you play like Poo Poo!!

I didn't say Arsenal were great? but at our height this season we have been much better than you. You have been consistant granted but you play like Poo Poo!!

When will you understand the league is about consistancy!!!!???
the only team who managed to mix both it's United and they are Champions!!!not you!!so keep being better than us if you want ,if you don't do it in a regular basis you 'll be nowhere near the first place

ps where did you see you have been better than us??league table?when we met?statS???please show me where you have been better

When will you understand the league is about consistancy!!!!???
the only team who managed to mix both it's United and they are Champions!!!not you!!so keep being better than us if you want ,if you don't do it in a regular basis you 'll be nowhere near the first place

ps where did you see you have been better than us??league table?when we met?statS???please show me where you have been better

I have seen Arsenal are better than chelsea with my Eyes!!

Regular basis 50 years (Or something like that) it took you to win in the top English league again and you won it two seasons in a Row - well done. Lets see in the next couple of years, then we can see about consistancy.

Please dont tell Arsenal how to win the league, we have done it on many occasions and know what it takes.

Its taking Arsene a couple of years to re build his team - it took Chelsea 50 years!! And it was a crap rebuilding effort until 500 million got piled into it - then what a suprise you did quite well!!

How can you come up with such a retarded statement like "I have seen Arsenal are better than chelsea with my Eyes!!" and then say you know what you're talking about?
What are Arsenal better than Chelsea at? Losing? Cuz as far as I know, you're supposed to play football matches to win. And Chelsea have been doing that a lot more often than Arsenal have.

He obviously means playing football, the focus being playing. Winning matches can be defined as being succesfull, making chelsea more succesfull then arsenal. However, i think the majority of people will agree that they prefer (think is better) arsenal's passing football then chelsea's hoof it to drogba style. Thats what he's talking about. As chelsea, and liverpool have shown, defensive football is generally more succesfull, but not as good to watch.

It's still football though. Still within the rules of the game. I think what you need to say is Arsenal are sometimes better than Chelsea, but mostly not.

I have a feeling manUtd fans are going to be talking a lot about how they won it and fairplay ,especially when everyone thought they`ll be in 5th spot during the summer(I`m just glad they weren`t invisible 38-0-0). So just do what the manutd fans did tonight hold your hand to the chin and chin up :)

Back
Top Bottom