Chelsea Thread

Chelsea fans should be ashamed of that tonight. We were shite but at least we didnt cost an amount of money that could run a small country.

Wimbledon 2007 hoof ball to Drogba. Every single time. I thought it was Fash the bash with braids for a minute.

Chelsea fans should be ashamed of that tonight. We were shite but at least we didnt cost an amount of money that could run a small country.

Wimbledon 2007 hoof ball to Drogba. Every single time. I thought it was Fash the bash with braids for a minute.

It wasnt as though you lot were much better though was it ?

You cant grumble with the goal you conceded, good forward run and pass from Carvahlo, great work from Drogba and a determined finish from Cole, ardley "hoofed" to Drogba was it!

It wasnt as though you lot were much better though was it ?

You cant grumble with the goal you conceded, good forward run and pass from Carvahlo, great work from Drogba and a determined finish from Cole, ardley "hoofed" to Drogba was it!

and i did say we were shite.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ. After United & Milan's beautiful football the night before that was AWFUL. Sorry guys but I have said it all season, both Liverpool & Chelsea bore me to tears.

I had a stopwatch and Drogba stayed on the ground for no less than 8.5 minutes during that match. Which would indicate to most that he was hurt and had to subbed. Oh no wait, thank G*d! He was alright, man he's good at running off those knocks!

He's like Chelsea - damn good but you just have to hate them for their attitude/arrogance and sportsmanslike behaviour.

Ok so it wasn't an exciting match but what do you expect? It was a semi final of the Champions League between 2 clubs of the same league, both desperate not to lose. The Utd - Milan match was great but you don't get many semi finals like that!

The 2nd leg will be better cos Liverpool actually have to attack this time!

i'd rather play them in the final than liverpool.

reasons -
1. Liverpool ahve 5 already and we'll never catch up.
2. Liverpool vs United would have more violence on the streets.
3. New winners of the trophy is always good.
4. Abramovich might fuck off once they've won it.

The 2nd leg will be better cos Liverpool actually have to attack this time!

You say that clockender, but liverpool were actually the team trying from the start, it was chelsea that seemed to always have atleast 6 players stood near their area. Hopefully the return will be a good match (both in football and result) but you can see how could chelsea are when they dont need to do anything. Keep it tight and hoof it long. Such a shame when you see how many top players they have and how good the football could be.

it's only a penalty if it occurs in the box - see John Terry v Fulham versions 1, 2 and 3.

As usual talkign nonsense and still needing to have a go about fighting on 4 fronts wereas liverpool only have CL (atleast thats what he said to dutch telly)

great work from Drogba and a determined finish from Cole, ardley "hoofed" to Drogba was it!

It was a good goal, however the principle of it remained the same, hit it long to drogba and see if he can make anything of it. Instead for a change it was along the ground. He's definitly been their player this season, amazingly strong and powerfull. Both agger and carra couldnt cope with him.

I do agree with Chelsea's football being "hoof it to Drogba and see what happens" but at the end of the day its more effective than our "pass, pass, pass, pass, back pass, pass, lose ball" style. I am not advocating we go back to that but at the end of the day Chelsea are getting results and football is a results business.

Their style of play is the reason I want Utd to win the title though, at least they play good football.

Agree, liverpool use it often enough, although they are playing more and more wing play these days. If you're a supporter youll take any way that wins games and trophies. However if i have a choice to see someone play ill always choose arsenal over chelsea, and thats something to be appreciated aswell (from a neutrals perspective).

It's going to be interesting to see Chelsea next year during the African Cup o Nations, or if Drogba gets hurt. They've become almost completely one dimensional, and as well as he's held up the team (strangely not himself very often) there'll be a point when he's hurt or unavailable. Then they'll to play their other £20+ striker who so painfully isn't a winger and was once pretty good.

i'd rather play them in the final than liverpool.

reasons -
1. Liverpool ahve 5 already and we'll never catch up.
2. Liverpool vs United would have more violence on the streets.
3. New winners of the trophy is always good.
4. Abramovich might fuck off once they've won it.

:applause:

5. Liverpool are our rivals, they can fuck off!
6. With our flare we'll demolish Chelsea in the final.

It's going to be interesting to see Chelsea next year during the African Cup o Nations, or if Drogba gets hurt. They've become almost completely one dimensional, and as well as he's held up the team (strangely not himself very often) there'll be a point when he's hurt or unavailable. Then they'll to play their other £20+ striker who so painfully isn't a winger and was once pretty good.

Yes definitely agree we 're too much reliable on Drogba but i read crespo should be back next year
And for sheva being out of position agree too maybe if he would play as a real cf he 'd be better

And for sheva being out of position agree too maybe if he would play as a real cf he 'd be better

Dont think that will help either for sheva. 1 He's just not used to the pace and strenght of prem football and secondly he's a player that needs balls to feet and throughballs to run onto. He's gonna be useless (as he has been for the most part this season) having to deal with long slow balls being punted up field. Like you said, chelsea are relying a lot on drogba this year and if he gets injured they really need to change their style. I remember a couple of seasons ago you mostly played with robben and cole at the same time and were dangerous with different styles; wingplay, fast groundpassing counters and hoof it up field play. These days it only seems to be punts and with drogba you can afford to do that, but without him you dont have a striker strong enough for that job.

I do agree with Chelsea's football being "hoof it to Drogba and see what happens" but at the end of the day its more effective than our "pass, pass, pass, pass, back pass, pass, lose ball" style. I am not advocating we go back to that but at the end of the day Chelsea are getting results and football is a results business.

Their style of play is the reason I want Utd to win the title though, at least they play good football.

clockender, the only reason i respect EPL anymore is because of united and arsenal(and reading somewhat), they actually play entertaining lets go out and win football. While chelsea and liverpool play not to lose it seems. I thought last year liverpool were entertaining but this year zzzzzzzzzzzz. I absolutley love arsenals style and would never want them to play hoof ball to abedeyaor... once henry comes back and is healthy im tipping you guys to win the prem....

Dont think that will help either for sheva. 1 He's just not used to the pace and strenght of prem football and secondly he's a player that needs balls to feet and throughballs to run onto. He's gonna be useless (as he has been for the most part this season) having to deal with long slow balls being punted up field. Like you said, chelsea are relying a lot on drogba this year and if he gets injured they really need to change their style. I remember a couple of seasons ago you mostly played with robben and cole at the same time and were dangerous with different styles; wingplay, fast groundpassing counters and hoof it up field play. These days it only seems to be punts and with drogba you can afford to do that, but without him you dont have a striker strong enough for that job.

yeah imagine sheva playing center forward for the arse... i think he would be devastating

its abit quiet here ? LOL

you must be crying now LOL! dont worrie arsenal will stuff you next sunday. chelsea luck has finaly ran out :)

I don't think it was luck really, they've been plugging away all year, and I think just a lack of creativity for once, plus a stubborn Bolton side has just caught up with them, probably fatigue as well.

either way, as much as I'd like to admit it, it's not all over, we could easily lose to City, and then lose to you lot, and you could easily beat Arsenal, and there you go, from 5 points behind, it's one ahead

yes its true but are manu dumb enought to throw away a 5 point lead at this stage? i see chelsea dropping more points tbh. it wont be easy for them to beat arsenal AT the emirates. arsenal will want revenge. Look at arsenal's record against the top teams this season in the league. liverpool are the only one to beat us and that was at anfield.

No mate we 're definitely done!!:( i know Mourinho will moan about the handball but it was outside the box

I think the arse game will be very important, especially with regard to who scores first. Seeing as arsenal are playing for nothing(trophies/CL QF) it will be their honour they will be playing for, however as was the case at liverpool, once they went behind they never really looked that bothered to push for a draw / win. Still think 5 points s far too much, especially how manu are scoring everytime, and lets not forget they are playing "Manchester City Nil".

Good to see carvalho went off injured and is reported to not be available for tuesday's match. Hope its true and not some trick.

Posted on another forum about the top 3 sharing trophies this season:
League Chelsea
FACUP Manu
CL Liverpool

I wont mind if the top two have been swapped ;)

Do you think this will make Chelsea more determined in the Champions League tie v Liverpool, or do you think they'll be downhearted and make it difficult for themselves?

Well mourinho rested a few players for today (a.cole/lumpard/drogba/ferreira) so i think they were hoping to cope and keep up with manu. I think its the trophy mourinho really wants to win so im sure they will be even more determind for tuesday. :(

Back
Top Bottom