Chelsea Thread

and the result was...??:roll:

And that's the difference. To a Chelsea fan, it was a great day, showed up got a trophy. That's what its about. For an Arsenal fan it was a bittersweet day - showed up, played great football, showed that you can play the beautiful game and entertain, and went home without anything to show.

But then, why do you watch football?

On a side note, I can't believe Cashley has come out and said the Carling Cup result shows why he joined Chelsea. Classy Ashley. I mean without you, how would Chelsea have managed...?

the situation of mourinho and wenger is different, mourinho has alot more pressure to produce the moment he became chelsea manager..
wenger had the time to build the team from scratch...

well jose himself said it best:

Speaking in the aftermath of Chelsea's Carling Cup final victory over Arsenal, Mourinho praised Wenger's young side but was quick to point out that they were yet to win anything.

"Arsenal have great boys," said Mourinho.

"But I wouldn't be sad if a club gives me three, four, five years and tells me, 'You don't need to win. You can lose Premiership after Premiership, and you have three, four, five seasons to build'. I wouldn't be sad.

"Since I arrived, they have won nothing. Since we are at Chelsea, they lost Premierships, they lost the Charity Shield to us, they lost the Carling Cup to us. I don't think they are winning a lot.

"Absolutely brilliant young boys, manager top, team with a great future. But they didn't win."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to bring in younger players to his first-team squad.

The Blues have often come under fire for their big-spending policy but Mourinho now sees potential in the youth ranks at Stamford Bridge.

Arsenal's Carling Cup final side was full of youngsters while Chelsea featured Lassana Diarra, John Obi Mikel and Salomon Kalou in the squad and Mourinho believes the younger players will be instrumental to the club in the future.

"We have some young boys with quality and we believe maybe they can do it in the future," Mourinho said.

"I can watch reserve level and see a right-back with good potential and see a central defender who is improving a lot. But they are not yet ready.

"As the first-team man, I am waiting for the final product to be delivered to me and after that I can make that product ready for Premiership level.

"I am satisfied with the progress being made because it was very, very bad. At this moment, we have very good coaches.

"But to build from the beginning and bring young players at the level Chelsea demands is not easy.

"Next season Ben Sahar is ready to come up and be part of the first-team squad. Maybe next year one or two more will be ready.

But then, why do you watch football? QUOTE]

Of course to entertain me but but specially to watch my team win but at the end of the day what would you prefer ?TO see your team win or entertain you without winning??

i.e weren't you not happy when Man u won against Lille although they played an average game and didn't deserve to win ??

morinho has alot more resources than wenger too! i guarantee you right now that if wenger was in charge of chelsea, he would do just has good if not better than what morinho has done for chelsea

But then, why do you watch football? QUOTE]

Of course to entertain me but but specially to watch my team win but at the end of the day what would you prefer ?TO see your team win or entertain you without winning??

i.e weren't you not happy when Man u won against Lille although they played an average game and didn't deserve to win ??

Yeah, if yuo check the United thread I was irate, even moreso from the pathetic display against Fulham. United have been a pleasure to watch for so long this season, now its kinda of dissapointing to see them so out of form. Then again, winning both of those games certainly made the sting a little less ;)

If Chelsea do go onto win then all credit to them, they'll have proven they're still the most consistent team in the country. And Mourinho is nothing if not a winner. My problem with it is that its not about how he wins (see all Porto successes).

you chelsea fans maybe be hapy that u beat arsenl but so as the arsenal fans because we know that this team is nearly has good, if not better than chelsea and to think that the majority of them have not even reach 20 years old is very satisfying because i beleive that this next bunch of arsenal players could rule the premiership for a good 6-7 years with the exact same team.

from Footbal365

"If Abramovich decides he's not going to stick with the manager then he's got to put his hand in his pocket to do that. Whether he loses fans for doing so is another matter."

Harris, the former Football League chairman who now works for investment bank Seymour Pierce, added: "It's no more than a smell, but the smell is that it's not the enthusiastic pursuit that it was when he bought it three-and-a-half years ago.

"If that enthusiasm has gone, then I would imagine the financial burden is not as attractive as it was."

Oh fuck. You can hear Chelsea arses going from here.

from Footbal365

"If Abramovich decides he's not going to stick with the manager then he's got to put his hand in his pocket to do that. Whether he loses fans for doing so is another matter."

Harris, the former Football League chairman who now works for investment bank Seymour Pierce, added: "It's no more than a smell, but the smell is that it's not the enthusiastic pursuit that it was when he bought it three-and-a-half years ago.

"If that enthusiasm has gone, then I would imagine the financial burden is not as attractive as it was."

Oh fuck. You can hear Chelsea arses going from here.

I heard Fulham are on the up ;)

Young Blues.

I realize Arsenal youngs are top quality, but really they are inexperienced. Chelsea on the other hand has young players like Mikel and Wright-Phillips jumping around getting goals just like any other player out there on the pitch. And our reserves are quality too. Take a look at Sahar, he is the second youngest international in the history of Chelsea. So Chelsea's future is a bright one and that light should not be dulled by a team in the ENGLISH Premiership with a Single english starter, who might I say is only 17.:roll:

chelsea tottenham 3-3, thrilling, smashing game. blues defense was absolutely terrible, excellent fighting spirit to come back down 2 goals! all crucial crunch games coming up!
give geremi and bridge a run for man city..

All credit to yuo guys today. That attitude at the bridge is amazing. Not great play, but hvaing option 2 (hoof it to Drogba) is clearly damn effective, and worked on the day!

No, Spurs were shite and Chelsea threw everything at them. Spurs couldn't hold onto the ball after going 3-1 up.

Dominated me!? I am not a Chelsea supporter dear lad. I don't think there are any Chelsea supporters in Evo-Web apart from Alain 'I support PSG, Italy, AC Milan, Chelsea, France etc'.

Wow. 2 notes

1. Watching Chelsea is not entertainment. 75 minutes. 1 shot. 1 penalty. That team cost how much to put together?
2. Citeh are absolutely terrible.

i think there is fatigue on the chelsea side, but i think they felt they could hang on to one-nil, so they didnt need to "press on the gas peddle" and score another goal, since they already exhausted alot of energy in the Spurs game.

But they keep on winning. It would be shit if they caught us with that kind of football.

But they will. It's the Mourinho way. And people will talk about how they showed amazing Championship strength to come back from behind United and John Terry inspired them and all that, despite having a goal difference some 15 worse than United's. I look forward to it. Then I look forawrd to Mourinho leaving :)

A Chelsea fan living in France who reads the New York Post!

Brilliant.

LOL another great quote by el diego :)

on a note: can we seriously say that was a penalty? from what i saw the guy hardly touched him yet he fell down has if he got shot in the back!

is this how you win trophies? by playing utter boring football? WOW if thats the case than football is realy going down the drain entertainment wise.

LOL another great quote by el diego :)

on a note: can we seriously say that was a penalty? from what i saw the guy hardly touched him yet he fell down has if he got shot in the back!

is this how you win trophies? by playing utter boring football? WOW if thats the case than football is realy going down the drain entertainment wise.

the intend was there so penalty no doubt about this one.

the intend was there so penalty no doubt about this one.

Yep. As little doubt as Ronaldo's.

:p

My personal favourite quote was Andy Gray, who upon seeing that Kalou definitely went down BEFORE being touched changed his tune to, well from where the referee is standing, that has to be a penalty. Oh okay, so a foul depends on where the ref is now?

But then, I feel a little better knowing Chelsea fans have to sit through games like that. I'm pretty sure Mourinho fell asleep at one point...

Back
Top Bottom