Chelsea Thread

If your team doesn't get a good central back, you can start saying that Premiership title is arruined.

what?
Mourinho did insire a team spirit. Fact. You can't win the league back-to-back so quickly without a team spirit.

United are doing great, and I fear they will win the league easily now.

Chelsea brought in Sheva, that hasn't worked out, and they got rid of players like Crespo. Now their defence is falling apart, and Drogba and Lampard are they only hope for scoring the goals.

Yes chelsea did win the league back to back, but with the team they had no wonder, then the brought in in shevchenko,ballack,mikel,cole and kalou. and to tell the truth none have impressed me so far,they have drawn there last few games and with the reaction of mourinho and the chelsea players they look like they are not working for each other, they look dead without cech and terry. thats why i'm saying united have had the same team for 18 months except carrick. and the spirit looks great within the team. vidic,scholes,ronaldo and numerous others are on fire, they have realy impressed me. i'm a united supporter, and i know when chelsea get terry and cech back they will be good again, but i think that man u will just pip chelsea to it this year.

Oh dear oh dear.. Chinks in the armour?

Maureen said:
"What can you do with Michael Ballack, with Paulo Ferreira, with Geremi? Nothing," he said. "The players have no qualities adapting to the game opponents are playing against us.

"Furthermore, Andriy Shevchenko, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Solomon Kalou are just not performing. Didier Drogba is the only one doing his best at the moment.

"When the opponent sees one mistake and another mistake they smell the chance. It's exactly the opposite of previous periods with us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6220849.stm

Please note Mourinho, this is what's known in the English game as 'class'. I'm not sure what the term is in Portugese, nor Russian, but I'm sure someone can explain it to you:
"They wanted to be first to every ball, showed determination and character. I’ve got nothing but praise for them. We missed a stack of chances but I have got to admire the spirit and determination of the Newcastle team. They deserved their point without question. When they put in that kind of effort they prove that it’s not an easy place to come to now.” - SAF on Newcastle's draw

I think jose is seriously beginning to lose the plot with his latest comments about United blowing it. Did anyone else notice the larger than usual bags under his eyes in his interview, last night? It looks like he hasnt been sleeping well lately. He looked pale and stressed. Not so bloody special now hey Jose!.. Its quite ironic seeing Maureen weep as if he has a team bare to the bones. Cech, Terry and Robben and cole all out and chelsea crumble after having spent over 200million on players. No one cared when chelsea were running away with the title the last two seasons when United missed key players such as Scholes,Heinze,Giggs and Solskjear while having to field a striker in midfield because of the departed Keane. Maureen's latest comment about 'United blowing it' stinks of desperation to take the pressure off his own team. Pure mind games to cover the fact that his team should have closed the gap to 4points last night. Chelsea had more than enough talent on the pitch to beat Villa.

If United were ten points clear he would still be saying that they should have been 20 points clear. There is truth United could have had a bigger lead. But thats all ifs and buts. 2weeks ago, Maureen predicted chelsea would overtake United by christmas and would start the new year top.. But as I see it, for the four games over the festive period, United have taken 10 points from a possible 12, while Chelsea have taken 6 from 12. While the gap has widened from 2points to 6
Such statements are becoming more and more frequent and predictable and are a clear indication that Chelsea are in genuine difficulty and are getting very worried.

I'm sure he instills some confidence in his team. Especially when stating his teams performances over the Christmas break were disgraceful! :lol: Way to build up the confidence.

Sol Campbell for £30mill? ;)

Mourinhos basically thinking that with Terry and Cech back in the team, they'll soon get ahead of us, but he's forgetting that when they were both in the team, we were still ahead, so that doesn't matter much.

Chelsea are blowing it because they aren't scoring, there's only Drogba who in reality, has had spells of scoring loads and then nothing, and if you're not scoring, you're not winning.

As someone pointed out over on footie365:

John Terry: Lies to the world and questions referee's integrity
Punishment: 1/13 of his weeks wages (and a percentage of Chelsea's financial backing with too many .0's to fit on here)

Gary Neville: Kisses his badge enthusiastically as his team beats their rivals
Punishment: Suspension

Man I wish the FA were biased to Man Utd like all you guys on here claim them to be against chelsea!

Yeah the FA really pisses me off, they have to be the wettest organization in football. They do sweet 'FA' to the people who deserve it yet punish others for things that can't even be considered an offense. Idiots.

I bet Terry and Cech are fine now, but Maureen is gonna keep saying theyre injured until the end of the season, and that'll be his excuse when they don't win the title

i really believe that Chelsea still can win the title despite MU is doing great.Dont underestimate Jose's abilities and never underestimate the willingness of the player to defend their champion,its all about their pride.

The latest rumours are that Chelsea are going to offer Terry and Lampard massive long term contracts, (Terry's is reported worth £150K a week) this is to help stop them leaving to join Mourinho when he is at another club in the summer. Interesting.

The latest rumours are that Chelsea are going to offer Terry and Lampard massive long term contracts, (Terry's is reported worth £150K a week) this is to help stop them leaving to join Mourinho when he is at another club in the summer. Interesting.

That sounds like Chelsea.

There's a problem, how shall we solve it?

Throw money at it?

Sorted!

nah. There are rumors going around that mourinhno wanted to sign andrade from deoportivo and Oneyou(usa) from Standard Leige. Oneyyou would have just been 1 million pounds, but the board rejected any signings by Jose. Apparently abrmavoich is pissed he cant win with all the money he has spent and now he wants jose to deal with it. Intresting...

A quote, which I think I agree so very much, ought to teach the English Press a lesson:

"Shevchenko however has now decided to stop talking to the English media - unless asked to do so by the club.

He declared: 'There have been a lot of quotes coming out from me that I don't even know where they've come from.

'They have caused a lot of hurt to me and my family. From now on other than sanctioned club press conferences all my comments will appear here on my official website.'"

Article
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=400383&cc=4716

A quote, which I think I agree so very much, ought to teach the English Press a lesson:

"Shevchenko however has now decided to stop talking to the English media - unless asked to do so by the club.

He declared: 'There have been a lot of quotes coming out from me that I don't even know where they've come from.

'They have caused a lot of hurt to me and my family. From now on other than sanctioned club press conferences all my comments will appear here on my official website.'"

Article
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=400383&cc=4716

Nice one Shev. Nice to see people taking a stand against the worst tabloid press in the world.

Back
Top Bottom