Chelsea Thread

Thank god Arsenal scored as that was one of the worst games of the season upto that point.

Some strike from Essien though and those 2 last chances at the end. Gilberto was a stand-out for Arsenal, but have to say I thought Lampard, Cole and SWP where absolute crap.

FD

Drogba is a cheat, watching him made me want to pull my hair out yesterday. Totally destroyed a great game with his messing around. Sooner or later video evidence will be implemented into soccer cause of fuck*ng cheating diving "professionals" like him and as much as I'd hate to see that (slow the game down like crazy) it's going to have to happen. Look at a game of football today compared to 30 years ago. Look at the tackles from then!

Sooner or later video evidence will be implemented into soccer cause of fuck*ng cheating diving "professionals" like him and as much as I'd hate to see that (slow the game down like crazy) it's going to have to happen
I agree. It's rediculous. They should have a panel or something that reviews the games and fines players for pulling disgusting shit like that.

BORING Chelsea to play BORING Porto. God, they draw the same clubs EVERY season in Europe it seems. Think I'll give that game a miss!

Mourinho touchables starting to get restless

José Mourinho is facing the first real man-management test of his 2½-year reign at Chelsea, with several senior players privately questioning his tactics and approach this season. Though many of the criticisms will be dismissed as sour grapes by players not performing at their best, the ill-feeling generated has the potential to cause unrest in the dressing-room.

The spine of the team who have won two Barclays Premiership titles in a row, such as John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, retain total faith in Mourinho, but some of the squad’s newer recruits are less convinced. Michael Ballack, Andriy Shevchenko and Arjen Robben are among those unhappy at their treatment and have begun to say so, in private at least. Though each has specific and sometimes contradictory complaints, they share the conviction that the issue of selection at Stamford Bridge is not a level playing field.

“All managers have four or five favourite players, but Mourinho has nine or ten,” a source said. “He claims that he picks players on form, but when it comes to the big games, he always picks the same team.”

In addition to unhappiness at Mourinho’s “Untouchables” policy, there are also growing complaints about his aloof attitude. Much of the unease surrounds Shevchenko, whom several players are convinced is picked only because of his £30 million price tag and friendship with Roman Abramovich, the club’s owner.

Shevchenko, by contrast, feels that he has been made a scapegoat and was angry at being denied the opportunity to play his way into form against Newcastle’s inexperienced back four in midweek.

Ballack, despite starting 20 matches this season, believes that he is being blamed for things beyond his control, contending that he was lured to the club on false pretences. It is understood that when the Germany midfield player discussed his free transfer from Bayern Munich at the start of the year, Mourinho said that he would be playing at the head of a midfield three, with two wingers. Shevchenko’s signing changed the shape of the team, however, and Ballack feels that it has been to his detriment.

Robben’s problems are easier to understand because he has started only 12 matches this season and only two in the Champions League.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...507581,00.html

Credit where credits due, when you seem dead and buried you come along and score superb goals! :applause:

How do they do it? Just when they look like they're out of the game, someone whacks in a cracker.
If Chelsea go on to win the title, this is why.

Yes we use to be known for our never say die attitude and coming back in the last minute all the time. Chelsea didnt even play all that well, they just scored 3 special goals out of nothing.

its was boulahrouz's mistakes that cost chelsea two goals,
drogba, kalou hit the post, well done j.mourinho, reshuffled the pack, bridge , a.cole playing at the same time,the win is massive boost for chelsea title hopes.

interesting , utd, chelsea, will be both playing against wigan, reading, in the next 12 days.

carling cup match midweek. @newcastle

its was boulahrouz's mistakes that cost chelsea two goals,
drogba, kalou hit the post, well done j.mourinho, reshuffled the pack

Someone has to make the mistakes. You could say Howard cost Everton 2 goals with bad positioning.
I don't think you can give Mourinho credit for those goals. They were extraordinary and you may not score like that again this season.

Don't you think Boulahrouz was a bad buy by Jose? All he ever does in a blue shirt (everytime I watch him play) brings up the word "the the f*ck is he doing* .... I never saw him before the World Cup and I now probably know why.

A bit harsh..Boulahrouz played great with RKC Waalwijk and with Hamburg. He was immense last season with Van Buyten in the middle of defence.

Maybe the step up to the CL, and the 'skillful' (:lol:) Premiership is a bit steep.

I agree he has made some mistakes this season, but its too early to write him off yet. Many players find it difficult in thier first season. Generally the lad looks solid, its just the ocassional mistake here or there. Look at Vidic, he first season he had a torrid time, now in his second he is very solid. I defintely see potential in Boulahrouz.

Everton submit Mourinho Complaint.

Glad they are because of the comments he made after the match.

Mourinho must be the biggest hypocrite in world football. He will say anything to create a media stir around himself, and doesn't care about wrongly questioning players while doing it (Andrew Johnson, Stephen Hunt).

0% class, 100% twat.

Nothing against Chelsea but your manager is a dirty liar.

I agree he has made some mistakes this season, but its too early to write him off yet. Many players find it difficult in thier first season. Generally the lad looks solid, its just the ocassional mistake here or there. Look at Vidic, he first season he had a torrid time, now in his second he is very solid. I defintely see potential in Boulahrouz.

But then again, Vidic was bought in January and only played a couple of games. The next thing you know he's arguably the best CB we have.

Back
Top Bottom