Chelsea Thread

Not any more annoying than this arrogant twat.

Drogba - "I am the best in the league".

By Geoff Sweet

DIDIER DROGBA has arrogantly crowned himself footballer of the year, insisting: "I am the best player in the league."

The Chelsea striker has scored 17 goals already this season but has also been plagued by accusations that he's a serial diver.

However, the Ivory Coast hitman insists he deserves the award-even though there is still half the season to go.

"The voting is not down to me," he said. "But if I don't win the prize of best player in the Premiership it will be a great let down.

"This is not vanity but reality. I believe that, today, I am the best in the League.

"I am enjoying the best moments I have ever known in all my life. It is curious, but nearly everything is positive for me. It is wonderful.

"The No 1 in world football? I do not say that, but it is possible."

Drogba, 28, has been the Blues' saviour this season. His 30-yard thunderbolt completed a remarkable 3-2 Premiership triumph at Everton last Sunday.

And then he came off the bench on Wednesday to score the late winner to nick a Carling Cup win over Newcastle.

But only last season the £24million striker was booed by his OWN fans against Manchester City fter collapsing when City defender Richard Dunne brushed his right eye with his finger.

Drogba later admitted on TV's Match of the Day that he does dive and that he handled the ball before scoring his second goal in the 2-0 win.

But his 17 goals this season have kept Chelsea on course for an historic GRAND SLAM.

And Drogba insists there are more to come.

He added: "The goal against Everton, especially, was spectacular but I promise better goals and ever more decisive ones in the coming months.

"This season I do not have a ceiling when it comes to scoring goals. I desire many and in all the competitions.

"I warn you: Chelsea look to win all the competitions. We want to sign up for a big piece of history in English football."

Drogba obviously has his heart set on at least one of the two awards that highlight the end of each season. This year Steven Gerrard was voted the PFA's Player of the Year and Thierry Henry was chosen as Footballer of the Year, the award voted for by football writers.

In 2005 Chelsea's team mates John Terry and Frank Lampard cleaned up these two pieces of silverware, and now Drogba is seeking a major accolade.

But he added: "Chelsea is the best club to world and I am only a piece of the team. I believe that no player is indispensable.

"And after my goals at Everton and Newcastle I don't wish to appear like the saviour of Chelsea.

"We are a team and all the players works for the victory. I am a striker and perhaps because of this I am more often in the newspapers.

"The race for the title is only between Manchester United and us.

"And before long the Blues will take over the leadership of the Premiership and United will be finished. At Old Trafford we demonstrated that they are not a force like us.

"The matches this Christmas will be decisive but talk of failure for us is prohibited. The team is very concentrated and united. This is the reason for our big success."

Source :: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...t/sport1.shtml

Last week he arrogantly proclaimed that United know that chelsea have won the league. As if the victory at Everton gave them 10 extra points along with the title being handed out at christmas.

Drogba said: "I know we have shown we have what it takes to be champions again, and I think Manchester United know it too.

"They would have been thinking at one stage on Sunday the gap was going to be eight points.

"But now it's only two and I believe this was the most crucial day of the championship race.

"Of course there are many games to go, many matches to be played and many points to be won or lost. Now though, we have the psychological advantage.

"United can see we are there, right behind them, and we are ready to be champions again."

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike Ronaldinho who actually said he doesnt even think he's the best player at Barca when he won the World Player of the Year award.

Drogba is a great player. I admire his gifts but he needs to show more humility and cut out those unnecessary theatrics on the pitch. Also show more respect towards opposition and fellow proffesionals who have done equally as well for their respective clubs. Players such as Ronaldo, Scholes, Kanu, Gilberto, Vidic, Makelele, Doyle, Essien have all done exceptionally well and can be considered for player of year in the premiership. To arrogantly claim he the best above all is ridiculous. This pompous nonsense will only serve against him when awards are handed out.

This is my favourite quote from the guy. Just goes to show his stupidity.

"This is not vanity but reality. I believe that, today, I am the best in the League

I was shock to see comments like that from him again ...and if that not the case one can only imagine what`s next?Who is more funnier Mourinho or Drogba?Let Drogba talk he has a future in WWF

Last edited:
All his bravado comes from the idiot manager. It is funny though, it tells you how small Drogba's brain must be. After two seasons of inconsistency he finally finds some form and suddenly he's the best player in the league. :roll:

So I don't normally like to listen to Jose, cause he's an idiot, but any Chelsea fans who are even the least bit curious how everyone hates them, please defend him. Just read some quotes from the special one:

"They've no injuries, no suspensions and no referees like we had against Tottenham. Everything is going for them."

Ah good thing for United Park's been healthy all year. Oh and having Smith and Ole available has been a real boost. As for suspensions, maybe if your players didn't get deserved cards they wouldn't get suspensions. Has Obi Mikel played a game without being booked yet?

"The distance at Christmas was how much? 15, 14, 16, 17 points. I don't know."
That would be 9 Jose, good job with the numbers though.

He's just such an utter cancer on the face of football, it baffles me. Surely Kenyon and Abramovich must see that they'd sell more shirts if they offload him. And lets face it, there are quite a few managers who could win the premiership with his resources. I guess teh question becomes can any other managers win without his resources.

Exclusive

By Dave Hughes

DIDIER DROGBA has arrogantly crowned himself as a greater influence than Jesus, insisting: "My birth date is more significant than Christmas."

The Chelsea striker has scored 17 goals already this season and last year helped the Ivory Coast qualify for their first World Cup.

The Chelsea hitman reveals how his birthday is celebrated in his own country.

"It’s crazy," he said. "There’s festivities and they have a erected a giant statue of me in Yamoussoukro.

"This is not vanity but reality. Every year, millions of gifts and flowers get sent to my home. They have also put my face on a bank note.

"This is what happens when you single-handedly get your nation to qualify for the World Cup. Football is big in my Country, bigger than religion. I believe I that today people around the world should celebrate me.

"Will this ever happen in England, who’s to say? Perhaps in a few years you’ll celebrate Didier Day too."

Drogba, 28, has been the Blues' saviour this season. His 30-yard thunderbolt completed a remarkable 3-2 Premiership triumph at Everton last Sunday.

And then he came off the bench on Wednesday to score the late winner to nick a Carling Cup win over Newcastle.

And Drogba insists there are more to come.

He added: "Do you think Jesus could score goals like that?”

"This season I have been the saviour for my team many times. But I don’t want to appear as the saviour. Last game Robben was the saviour. But I’m sure I’ll be the saviour many more times.”

Chelsea Entertain Reading at Stamford Bridge today with rivals Manchester United playing Wigan at home.

was002_b.JPG

The note is legitimate currency in the Ivory Coast. Though I don't know who's picture it really is.

I'm so glad chelsea bought shevchenko and ballack. They are playing so shit its untrue. Maureen gets more credit than he deserves. People always praise him saying jose this, Jose that, hes the best manager in the world, hes the special one, he a breath of fresh air' bollocks as 'He has doen well in bringing together a consistent team' etc, but give any manager that amount of money and they would bring home a title and probably play better football. I often hear the excuse the ranieri didnt win it, but he had one season with those unlimited funds and managed 2nd place and took chelsea to the CL semi final. Who's to say in his second season he wouldnt have finished first. Maureen is now blaming injuries for chelsea's poor form. But I think its more to do with bad signings and him not being able to deal with the big egos at the club. Hence why Ballack is always being picked even though he is playing so drab. Lets look at the playes he has brought in himself since he took over from the club. You'll see he isnt as good in the transfer market as people make him out to be. Alot of the current players are from the ranieri era who he tends to rely on

this season

Ballack - A stupid buy not only because of his high wage but they already have surplus of requirments in midfield. They also have someone more than capable in Micheal Essien. Who now is being operated in defensive just so makelele ballack and lampard can all be accomedated

Shevchenko- Looked a good buy on paper, but paying over the odds for someone over 30 was too much. Should have opted for someone else

Boulerouz - Having sold Gallas you would think they would go and buy a proper centre half but instead opt fro a right back and try to convert him into a centre back.

Mikel Obi Wank - Pointless signing and another example of a player bought to prevent a rival team from obtaining. Wasted talent that should be put in the SWP bracket.

Kalou - Alot of hype surrounded this kid around the summer and was linked with Manchester United. Another panic buy in fear someone else might grab him and him becoming the next big prospect. Not clinical enough in front of goal. Could prove me wrong as he is still young, so the jury is still out.

Past signings Jose

SWP- At the time of buying this young lad, chelsea already had duff, robben and Joe cole who could operate on the wings. However when Arsenal were rumour to be interested in his services, chelsea quickly tabled a bid no one was prepared to match. Pointless signing who is now rotting on the bench.

Essien - United had been tacking Essien for a long time and rumours were flodding in that a bid from United was immenient. Chelsea entered the chase bought him to prevent him from joining United.

Drogba- One of mourinhos best buys although he has taken his time to prove he was worth the 24million.

Kezmen- All talk and no show this boy. Seems to be the general theme with chelsea. Before the premiership started with maureens becoming chelsea's new manger, Kezmen predicted he would finish top scorer and prove to be as big as hit as Van nistelrooy. He turned out to be as big as Forlan

Carvalho- 20million defender. Overpriced but usaully is very solid alongside terry. A good buy

Ferreira- Wehn chelsea captured his services jose said he was one of the best in the world. Jose doesnt seem to have much faith in this player as he is often left out or blamed for errors

Tiago- Maureen unable to get the best out him. Rerely gave him the chance. More of a bit part player. Poor man management on Maureens behalf

Now lets look at how many players he is relying on from ranieris heritence.

Lampard- Chelsea best and most reliable midfielder

Terry- ok he came through the academy but ranieri was the one who gave him opportunities. Would maureen have done the same?

J. Cole - Was one of chelsea's best players last season

Cech - This goes without saying that he is vital to chelsea. Would Maureen have signed a keeper as good?

Robben - Many seem to think this guy is one of Maureens purchases with the way he conducts himself and his playacting. But the truth is this deal was put in place and agreed before Maureen became chelse's manager

Duff- Another player who was vital to chelsea's chapionship winning team in their first two seasons under Jose.

So you see folks, Maureen isnt as shrewd as people make him out to be. He has the luxury in that if a player flops he can just ask uncle Roman for a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could u forget Ashley cole from that list? ;)

also, Boulahrouz is a central defender always has been, but Mourinho prefered to use him on the right, where he is less good.

I do agree Ballack was a useless signing, and they payed Waaaaay to much for Sheva, Milan must be laughing all the way to bank (they did forget to get a worthy replacement so far though)

I agree Alucard. The majority of Mourinho's signings have been disasters. With exception of Essien, Carvalho and more recently Drogba. The solid players Chelsea have relied on were already at the club before Jose arrived.

"Mikel Obi Wank" has to be up there as worst buy ever. And SWP is being horribly underused. Mourinho obviously doesn't care about wasting good young players talents by buying for the sake of it.

Ballack, Shevchencko,mikel and boularouz, they have all been great signing, boularouz has to be one of the worst i have seen for a while.he's shit:D united have only realy added carrick to the starting 11 and we got scholes back, vidic has been great this season aswell and united are top of the league. it just shows you all the money in the world, can't buy you team spirit:D

I think Chelsea have made good signing and bad signings like all football teams do. The only difference is they pay through the nose but in reality its not a problem due to the endless amount of money. This season is the first season Chelsea have "condensed" their squad and tbh look what has happened. They are not as strong as last year(though United are stronger) they are still one of the teams to beat but not the main contender.

Back to the point about signings, they have bought players to stop others in Essien and Mikel, Essien has been a good player and Mikel is still young with plenty of time to show his worth. Kalou another young player with plenty of time and I think he will come through to be a really good player, if it is at Chelsea or not who knows. I wonder what peoples thoughts are on Chelsea signing another striker at Christmas? IMO they have not been strong at all in this dept, even if Shevy and Drogba were on fire together all you have to change it with is Kalou, not another quality central striker in the team. It is difficult for a big team and tbf any team at this stage of the season to buy a player but it can be done.

It could have a negative effect if they spend a lot of money as the existing players might feel that they're not good enough. Mourinho was a bit stupid in claiming so many of his players are untouchable. Who wants to sit on the bench?

How could u forget Ashley cole from that list? ;)

to be fair it would take a week to finish that list (Cuntly Cashley)and every Arsenal fan would have there own version, Al knows that...most goons don`t want chelsea to win just cause of him...

Last edited:
Drogba, Carvalho and Makelele are all one card away from a match ban. Seeing how that ban would take place during the FA Cup match against Macclesfield, dont be surprised if those three try to get booked on purpose today. :roll:

Drogba, Carvalho and Makelele are all one card away from a match ban. Seeing how that ban would take place during the FA Cup match against Macclesfield, dont be surprised if those three try to get booked on purpose today. :roll:

Funnier if they go too far and get reds.
Macc will give them a tough game. They're on form at the moment.

shit.....fulham fought hard....chelsea defensely extremely poor without J.Terry....weather didnt help was absolutely ugly....
brown wat a nasty player...elbow's sheva twice, and receives a free kick that lead to the tying goal...,...

Ballack, Shevchencko,mikel and boularouz, they have all been great signing, boularouz has to be one of the worst i have seen for a while.he's shit:D united have only realy added carrick to the starting 11 and we got scholes back, vidic has been great this season aswell and united are top of the league. it just shows you all the money in the world, can't buy you team spirit:D

what?

Chelsea have won the league twice, with lots of players from all over the world thrown together, they melted in pretty quickly and did the business.

Mourinho did insire a team spirit. Fact. You can't win the league back-to-back so quickly without a team spirit.

United are doing great, and I fear they will win the league easily now.

Chelsea brought in Sheva, that hasn't worked out, and they got rid of players like Crespo. Now their defence is falling apart, and Drogba and Lampard are they only hope for scoring the goals.

Back
Top Bottom