Chelsea Thread

antred said:
I tell you - big signings not a team make.
Yes, I agree with you. Plays the team, but not few players. Of course, Lampard and Ballack are great midfielders, Terry is world class defender, Sheva scored one goal, but Chelsea isn't one good team. I don't know why. I think they'll can win Premiership, but he haven't team for win Champions League. This is my opinion, you can don't agree with me:)

Last edited:
Jae Dave said:
i thought chelsea would of brang in some more "big names" other then just shevchenko and ballack

if they bring some more "big names" their subs also will be able to create another star team called chelsea 2

What a below par performance by the champions.They had to change their formation once Ballack pulled out injured.The whole face of the game changed once that happened.Liverpool wanted it more and they deservedly own the shield.Talking about 'own'...Momo Sissoko totally owned Essien,Lampard and Ballack yesterday.Hahahaha.Defending Champions,Yes.EPL's Galacticos,Yes...Spirit and Teamwork,NO.

Here's the Jose we know and love, recalls the beautiful football he brought to porto: "With that first goal you must make a fault, get a yellow card and get organised but this is the time to make mistakes,"

Ah the deliberate and intentional foul designed to break play up, as soon as anyone gets into your half. Effective? Yep. But do you really come out and say, I really wish one of my players had hacked down Riise from behind?

Haha, so predictable. One bad game and already you are all coming on here syaing we have no teamwork etc! :lmao:

One game lads, and we are still in pre season. That game is about charity more than anything, when else could you use 5 subs?

The one thing that has won our last two premiership crowns was our teamwork, so dont go saying we've lost it cause we bought two big name players! what a joke!

Shevchenko is a type of player that chelsea have needed for the past ten years....a goalscorer. Apart from the season when hasselbaink and guddy were on fire, chelsea have never had an out and out goalscorer, and in shevchenko we have that now (hopefully, but all the signs so far say yes)

As with Ballack, i dont think we needed him, but im sure it wont hurt! :D

I personally dont think we'll win the premiership this season. But i do think we'll have a better chance in the champions league, the hunger is still there, but for the premiership, i dont think we'll have that hunger this year, after being only the second side to win back to back titles. We feel we've achieved something.

Well played Liverpool, not a great game from both sides, but they played better than us. Lets just see if you can get consistent this year, then you'll be title challengers.

Funny how no one comments on the size and depth of liverpools team now? If you looked at their team yesterday, they would have been able to field a great team out of their subs yesterday, it just so happens that chelsea have to pay more for the players because everyone knows we have the money.......hypocrisy, don't you just love it!?

ballack is injured...i mentioned he was injury prone, before chelsea signed him...should've kept Guddy...
this mid-week international fixtures are complete B$...players going to be exhausted especially after the world cup...

we should hit top gear next time we meet the reds...
Sept.17/06/ Chelsea v Liverpool

CHAVSx2.jpg

:lol: Steady Teary, it's only the Community Shield, it's too early to get emotional.

Milanista said:
He really fucked up for the 2nd Liverpool goal.
Yeah, good start for the new England captain ;)

...Good performance from Sheva, nicely taken goal not sure about the Samsung mobile kissing though, what was that all about?

Riise running from one end to the other end and shoots a rocket.Chelsea needed Oxygen they look tired and full.Drogba was running everywhere, hell he played all positions he almost took the GK`s gloves too

I'd be happy too,no doubt but the Champions League still eludes you lot.I am thinkin if you lot didnt win the CL this season,with all the superstars you got...I'm afraid that there will be BIG changes.Jose Mourinho is a well known Mercenary and I heard Roman Abramovich gets bored easily and might miss his home.Spare a thought on that.

Phrase, thats is complete and utter bullsh*t. You have no valid grounds to make that arguement, its just what 'you've heard'. thats about as reliable as a solar powered torch

To learn a great place this thread is.

I heard Jose on the Portuguese news today saying he wants to sign one or two defenders. Do you guys have any clue who they might be?

He'll either be a very good but very expensive defender or it'll be a cheap portugese defender.

Me mate Tomkins sums it up nicely after the charity shield game...

It doesn't mean the Reds will finish above Chelsea, as they're still rightly favourites for the title – and with a get-out-of-jail-free card like Shevchenko in their ranks they will always be dangerous – but it was a nice little marker to put down. Especially when they put out a strong starting XI, and Rafa rested some of his key men. The only thing Chelsea rested were their fans, with 12,000 of them 'dropped' for the big occasion.

so this is their worst start to epl for jose 3-0? i guess he is talking too confident

Back
Top Bottom