Chelsea Thread

i think on past games you'd have to say Steven Gerrard. He's capable of winning a game for us if we're playing badly, same as Rooney or even Beckham with a free kick. Not sure that Lampard could change a game too much himself. Sure.. He might play wellm but would he have a huge impact?

Trommyda said:
Poll result in Football365 sicken me,Q;who can make the greater impact in WC 2006,and Stevie G get the highest score and the lowest if not the second lowest was Lampard,shit !!
Don't be so mad, Lampard can't touch Gerrard, it sickens me that people compare the two

MO_DINERO, take off your red tinted glasses. Lampard and Gerrard are not the same type of player, (even though everyone seems to think they are) but even if they were, lampard would definately be up there with gerrard. I know gerrard is amazing, and basically single handedly wins you games, but thats because he has to, Lampard doesnt. Gerrard doesnt have the players around him like Lampard, lampard doesnt need to defend as much because he has the worlds best holding midfielder to back him up, gerrard has sissoko (who i personally dont rate) and alonso, who i think is awesome, but not a fully defensive midfielder.
Lampard is solely a central/attacking midfielder, gerrard is an all round midfielder.

If we compare them solely on being attacking midfielders, lampard wins hands down, 15 in the league this season. Gerrard would win as the overall midfielder, but we've never seen lampard do that, and thats not his position.

It's like saying gerrard is a better player than kaka, it just doesn't work comparing them.

Anyway, i think lampard is more important than gerrard to the england team (i swear no bias in this comment), because he scores a lot of goals for england in his advanced midfield role, and we all know gerrad has never really reproduced his form for liverpool for england continuosly.

I think the people on that website voted for gerrard after his performances this season for his club, and have not thought about his form for england.

MO_DINERO said:
Don't be so mad, Lampard can't touch Gerrard, it sickens me that people compare the two
Totally agree. Gerrard plays a much more important role for Liverpool and England.

Noise take off your blue tinted glasses, Lampard is shit end of, I just love his penalties and deflected shots. World class... :roll:
Gerrard is an all around midfielder in your own words so that makes him better because he can do it all, Lampard has limited abilities, so what if Lampard scored more penalties doesn't make him better.
You don’t rate Sissoko, Sissoko is one of the reasons why Liverpool have improved so much he has a lot to learn but he's only 21, Makelele will retire soon so who's his replacement Essien? :lol:

Noise I can’t be arsed debating with you...

1. Because debating is too long and boring

2. Because Lampard is an overrated piece of shit and if England get anywhere in the world cup it will be down to two scousers, Joe Cole is more important than that cockney tosser

3. Because we've won it 5 times

Going to watch Deutschland now, good evening

MO_DINERO said:
2. Because Lampard is an overrated piece of shit and if England get anywhere in the world cup it will be down to two scousers, Joe Cole is more important than that cockney tosser

3. Because we've won it 5 times

Lampard - Voted 2nd best player in the world, so obviously he's a load of shit :lmao:

Joe Cole is also a cockney (so am i)

And you've won it five times.....whats that the champs league again? You are so predictable and boring, what has the champs league got to do with anything we're discussing? And you are not even champions of europe, for the first time in a while a worthy team has won it (what i mean by that is a team who are the domestic champions of a strong league)

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but...
noise said:
Lampard - Voted 2nd best player in the world, so obviously he's a load of shit :lmao:
I guess it was people like you who voted. :lol:

And your point is...?

Sorry to Jump in here, but how can u say Lampard is shit when he was England's top goalscorer in the qualifiers with 5 goals.
You take those 5 goals away and England would have a problem.

Gerrard is a world class player don't get me wrong but don't slag off Lampard when he is World class too.

Don't even get me started on scousers! :D

I never said gerrard was a bad player, far from it, but there is no way lampard is shit.

:applause: @ crespo, i completely agree

And your point is...?

I was just saying that to stop MO_DINERO from judging lampard just because he's a cockney. Narrow minded people such as him judge people from where they are from it appears.

Last edited:
noise said:
I was just saying that to stop MO_DINERO from judging lampard just because he's a cockney. Narrow minded people such as him judge people from where they are from it appears.
You called me narrow minded :cry: go to sleep noise

Last edited:
Gerrard is miles better than Lampard, who is very much overrated. I reckon he is going to hamper Gerrard in this tournament and that could be our weak link. A free role for Gerrard would be best, take out Lampard and put in Carrick.

bradley1886 said:
Gerrard is miles better than Lampard, who is very much overrated. I reckon he is going to hamper Gerrard in this tournament and that could be our weak link. A free role for Gerrard would be best, take out Lampard and put in Carrick.
Well said mate, someone with common sense it’s only Chavski fans “with blue tinted glasses” that would say otherwise

:lol: Sorry did you just say that:lmao:
put MICHAEL CARRICK in for Frankie Lampard
you having a laugh mate
you clearly know nothin about football!

Crespo! said:
:lol: Sorry did you just say that:lmao:
put MICHAEL CARRICK in for Frankie Lampard
you having a laugh mate
you clearly know nothin about football!

Pick the best team not the best players. The amount of times i saw Gerrard in our half during our attacks was shocking. He is clearly our best player and that can only be expoited by playing him in his position. The team should be based around him, he's won many games for Liverpool single handedly and he'll never have that oppotunity for England while he plays in the holding role.

Milanista said:
I thought Lampard had a better game than Gerrard. Lampard was the only real threat overall in terms of shooting on goal or entering the box.

That's because Lampard gets priority when attacking. Gerrard is left to protect the defence and pick up the pieces.

Lampard man of the match in England vs Paraguay

Lampard is man of the match and your Stevie Gerrard blamed the weather too hot for him.face it man.Your stevie baby is just way too overated.

According to FIFA MOTM was Lampard.
I can't understand all this flaming because of who should play. IMO only one of them should play and either one of them would do a good job.

btw is huth going to boro?

Last edited:
fuck !!the Koreans won again.and why is we have more non Chelsea supporters here than Chelsea fans in this forum?guys where are you we're outnumbered.

Back
Top Bottom