Chelsea Thread

I'd rather Sheva leave this summer than next summer, would be a good load of cash from Chelsea + probably Drogba and Gallas.

Tomorrow Sheva will announce his decision.

Milanista said:
I'd rather Sheva leave this summer than next summer, would be a good load of cash from Chelsea + probably Drogba and Gallas.

Tomorrow Sheva will announce his decision.

forget the Drog!! he will stay with us!!!maybe crespo and gallas instead

RuneEdge said:
So you'd like Drogba?

Why not, hes even said that Milan would be a team he'd want to play for. Hes very physical, good in the air, has proven to be a top goal scorer and will have a team with many creative players that will be able to set him up.

I dont think we'd take Crespo back, I hope he doesnt come. But I'd welcome Drogba.

omg

FOOTBALL: £7M A YEAR..JUST FOR BEING MICHAEL BALLACK
EXCLUSIVE
By John Cross

THE true cost of having Germany's World Cup skipper in your line-up can be revealed by Mirror Sport today.

Although Michael Ballack (left) joined Chelsea on a free transfer, more than £25,000 of his £130,000-a-week salary is simply for allowing Chelsea to use his name.

That is the amazing value of his image rights package which he will receive at Stamford Bridge after becoming the highest-paid player in the world, worth a total of £7m a year.

Germany's World Cup captain signed a threeyear deal with Chelsea which nets him a basic £100,000-a-week.

But his image rights put him well above his new team-mates Frank Lampard and John Terry.

The former Bayern Munich midfielder will also get a multimillion pound pay-out if Chelsea decide to take up a one-year option at the end of his threeyear contract.

Advertisement

He will earn nearly £30m if he stays at the Premiership champions for the next four years.

It shows that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has taken transfer fees, contracts and earnings onto a whole new level with Ballack's earnings way above the likes of Ronaldinho, on £115,000-a-week at Barcelona, David Beckham - on £100,000-a-week at Real Madrid - and Thierry Henry, who has agreed a new £110,000-a-week deal with Arsenal.

Chelsea will also renegotiate with England midf ielder Lampard and captain Terry after the World Cup and that means they will end up paying their top three earners an amazing £400,000-a-week.

It puts Ballack onto a whole new level following his Bosmanstyle free transfer from Bayern Munich and ironically comes at a time when the European Union are discussing a salary cap in football.

Jose Luis Arnaut, the man leading the EU's current inquiry, said: "The result of the review has left me deeply concerned.

"Sports and football in particular are not in good health.

"It could lead to clubs having a wage cap brought in which would be disastrous for Chelsea who are becoming the biggest payers in football."

If you give your best players 130,000 a week, your average players want 50-60,000. Clubs will need to spend a lot more to get even average players and we'll end up with more Leeds United scenarios.

Maybe a wage cap is the answer, but it would have to be a world wide one. I'm sure rich clubs would get around it by promising bonuses though.

Sheva wants to leave Milan, its official! Hopefully it'll just be us in the running, but i doubt that alot, but with Abramovich being shevchenko's 'best mate', and us being an english team, hopefully he'll be wearing a blue shirt with number seven next season!

Another one....

Sky Sports said:
Chelsea are set to seal a deal for Feyenoord forward Salomon Kalou.

Blues chief Jose Mourinho has been monitoring Kalou for a number of months and now the English champions have finally made their move.

Kalou has been looking to claim Dutch nationality and that meant Chelsea were likely to a deal and let him stay at De Kuip - in order for him to gain his passport.

However, the 20-year-old has now given up on his hope of playing for De Oranje and that has paved the way for a move this summer.

Chelsea made an official move on Thursday, after which point Feyenoord gave Kalou permission to travel to London.

"Anticipating the possible departure, we have given Salomon an authorisation to talk with Chelsea," Feyenoord marketing director Chris Woerts confirmed.

"We have been in talks with this club over Kalou for some time.

"It's going in the right direction but he still hasn't reached an agreement yet. Chelsea sees in Kalou an exceptional talent."

The two clubs are yet to finalise terms - although that is seen as a formality, and Kalou could be unveiled as early as next week.

Chelsea are ready to offer Kalou - who can play up-front or on either wing - a four or five-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Where the hell did that come from? I thought they were gonna get Tevez and Shevchenko, and now Kalou?
Along with Ballack, a new GK and a new left back, he would have signed half a team. And whats funny is that the World Cup hasnt even happened yet. God knows what new ideas that will give Mourinho after the competition is over.

we aren't making a move for tevez this year! kenyon has already said that, but i guess if he performs well at the world cup, they may change their minds!

As for kalou, we are releasing crespo, cole, and maybe drogba...and hopefully getting in sheva, and now kalou.

Kalou is another young player like diarra who mourinho sees as a star for the future.

Anybody know anything about him as i haven't really seen him play?

He's a very talented player. Last year he scored 20 goals in his first Eredivisie season, this season he scored 15 and was a bit less good because of all the troubles trying to get a dutch passport, wich he didnt get in the end, and he now apparantly wants to play for Ivorycoast again.

Yeah great new!!:) Super scheva is on his way !!!c'mon!!now i see like we'll be playing the diamon next year
cech
feireira-carvalho-terry-del horno??R.Carlos??
makelele
essien lamps
ballack
schevchenko-drogba

for salomon kalou ,he is without doubt a futur great player with pace and good dribbling he can play as a winger or even just behind the cf

i dont think we'll play the diamond next year, simply because we're leaving out robben and cole, and i have a funny feeling drogba won't be here next year

it would be a BIG lost if drogba leaves:( the guy is so important for the team and i really don't know if sheva could perform like drogba does(always defending,never give up...

ALAIN said:
Yeah great new!!:) Super scheva is on his way !!!c'mon!!now i see like we'll be playing the diamon next year
cech
feireira-carvalho-terry-del horno??R.Carlos??
makelele
essien lamps
ballack
schevchenko-drogba

for salomon kalou ,he is without doubt a futur great player with pace and good dribbling he can play as a winger or even just behind the cf
I like how you left 4 very good wingers on the bench. :lol:

RuneEdge said:
I like how you left 4 very good wingers on the bench. :lol:

it's already happened at the end of this season!!against west ham,birmingham,liverpool (semi final);)

The more big players at Chelsea the better for the rest of the Premiership - too many big egos in one camp will cause friction eventually. I think Sheva would be an instant hit at Stamford Bridge but I wouldn't keep Drogba AND Crespo - one HAS to go.

one will go, probably the drog. along with huth, gudjohnsen, glen johnson, hopefully del horno, carlton cole.

LET's hope crespo will go and why do you want to sell del horno??I think he should stay even if this year he has struggled but i will give him time because it's not easy to settle in a new league,language,etc and like we know the second season is always better;)
carlton cole is on his way to tottenham

That's some deal, and surely Milan will want some pocket money along! :)
I do hope Milan get's a good striker, or I won't play with Milan in PES anymore! :s

I think gallas + drogba would be enough. But i know it wont be....

If we are to get rid of the drog, i hope crespo stays, considering he n shevchenko formed quite a partnership in serie a and the champs league last season.

Back
Top Bottom