Chelsea Thread

RuneEdge said:
Totally missed the point there, didnt you? :roll:
If any other team gave him more money than Chelsea, he wouldnt have joined you.

I didnt miss the point at all, cos i said that he has stated himself,
that the reason he moved was because of chelsea future plans. i.e the next 3/4 years. Yes money has something to do with it, but also his chances of success. He felt he would have more success by moving to chelsea than united, and that is what swung his decision. His words not mine. Check all his interviews and statements as to why he moved.

Im not arguing money had nothin to do with it because obviously it did. But the decider came down to who he believes will be more successful!

noise said:
I didnt miss the point at all, cos i said that he has stated himself,
that the reason he moved was because of chelsea future plans. i.e the next 3/4 years. Yes money has something to do with it, but also his chances of success. He felt he would have more success by moving to chelsea than united, and that is what swung his decision. His words not mine. Check all his interviews and statements as to why he moved.

Im not arguing money had nothin to do with it because obviously it did. But the decider came down to who he believes will be more successful!
And you believe that? :lmao:

Do i believe what he said? or do i believe that chelsea will be more successful?

Yes to both counts.

Why would i not believe ballack? and why is it such a problem that he is estimated to be getting roughly more than 10,000 more than another high earner, and i ask why shouldnt he be? he is a world class talent, captain of his national team and held in high regard by everyone in world football.

So why can't the best players get the highest wages?

I know it is alot, but chelsea have that sort of money, so why not use it to get the best?

I know for certain if ferguson had that sort of money, he would pay these players high wages to coax them to united.

I know as well, that ferguson offered to make ballack the highest earner at united if he moved.....so what would swing ballack? im pretty sure 30k or so would;nt really change ballacks mind, im sure he'd be ok financially if he retired tomorrow. So the prospect of winning more trophies with chelsea would certainly attract me more than a smaller chance (on the face of things at the moment) of winning things with united.

Btw, everyone talking about chelsea signing these players i.e. simao,
mourinho said that he is letting one of our wingers go, i guess robben...
and also crespo will be moving on for definate.

We're also linked with roberto carlos and del horno going the other way.
good move id say, good riddance to the spanish twat

Why would Real want Del Horno? he's a bag of shite,First Ballack, and now possibly Shevchenko and Bobby Carlos, looks like your building a very very young up and coming team at the bridge, there's nothing quite like building for the future is there?The academy lads must be over the moon.

all are wingers/widemen especially Shaun will do better in new season,and joe Cole will keep on blossoming .

bbbybx said:
I think Chelsea made a mistake when they signed Wright Phillips. Young players will think twice about signing for Chelsea now.

Wright phillips should have come to Arsenal and would have been a regular fixture and his game would have advanced and if he played aswell as he played for City he would be in the World Cup...no doubt.

i agree with this, wright phillips made a mistake for his age by going straight to a club like this with mostly experienced players

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mourinho is fed up of buying not yet proven players i.e. essien, diarra...and is now looking to experienced and proven players i.e. ballack n carlos. I think he is desperate for the champs league.

thats why i said yes to both. We're never going to agree, so we may as well agree to disagree like we do with everything! :D

I think the thing that leaves a sour taste in the mouth with Chelsea is the way they go about their business, Your three major rivals in the premiership are
Man U, you've signed three of their recent targets Robben,Essien,Ballack and allegedly tapped up Rio Ferdinand and attempted to steal John Obi Mikel.

Arsenal you signed One of their targets Wright Phillips and DID illegaly tap up Ashley Cole and have tried to unsettle Henry.

Liverpool, you are supposedly interested in Simao,and have twice tried to sign Stevie Gerrard.
It seems like your only interested in signing players that will weaken your major rivals, regardless of wether or not you need or even intend to play them.

When have we actually tried to unsettle henry? thats all paper talk!

I thought most people had half a brain and realised that alot of what the papers say is made up to sell papers. And since chelsea seemingly have an endless amount of money we're 'apparantly' trying to sign everybody from shevchenko to peter beardsley! (i wouldnt be surprised if a story like that did appear sometime soon! ;) )

But seriously, we all know half of the stuff that chelsea 'apparantly' do is not true, and if you believe what they say you are either very naive or just plain stupid! :D

noise said:
When have we actually tried to unsettle henry? thats all paper talk!

I thought most people had half a brain and realised that alot of what the papers say is made up to sell papers. And since chelsea seemingly have an endless amount of money we're 'apparantly' trying to sign everybody from shevchenko to peter beardsley! (i wouldnt be surprised if a story like that did appear sometime soon! ;) )

But seriously, we all know half of the stuff that chelsea 'apparantly' do is not true, and if you believe what they say you are either very naive or just plain stupid! :D

Hehe, well dodged, Henry was only one of a long list of names in that post... :p

The Simão deal will only happen if one of thw wingers leave. And I have a feeling one of them want's to leave. I got this feeling by the way he talked to a tv channel a fews days ago here in Portugal. He said: "...only if one of our wingers leave, but I don't want them to leave."

EDIT: btw wtf is mourinho thinking about signing Hilario. Crap keeper. Brings back bad memories from his time at Porto.

RuneEdge said:
And you believe that? :lmao:

Why not? His chances of winning the CL weren't too huge with Bayern. Switching from one champion to club in a permanent crisis seems like a bad idea. Sure, Rooney and CRonaldo are great talents, but RVN can't decide whether he stays or not and doesn't seem to score much, Scholes and Giggs etc are far over their prime - and Ferguson is showing his age in quite visible ways too.
*Every* club in the world would love getting a world-class midfielder on a free, and thus it's up to the player to decide where he seems most likely to achieve what he has not achieved before.
And, guess what, simple logic says "if we plan to spend a certain amount of money on a player, the cheaper the transfer is, the more we can pay the guy himself".

Last edited:
If Mourinho wants the CL so much, he should just offer to buy it off Barcelona. I reckon 100 million would do it. It would save a lot of money in the long run

noise said:
I think mourinho is fed up of buying not yet proven players i.e. essien, diarra...and is now looking to experienced and proven players i.e. ballack n carlos. I think he is desperate for the champs league.

I can see that but im sure Mr Mourinho said he didnt want any superstars in his squad or any Galactico. Now he has german 'superstar' Ballack and now wants 'galactico' Carlos. How many times is he gonna contradict himself. I can see why mourinho dislikes Wenger so much, cuz he reflects himself.

I hope chelsea do get simao, since it will unsettle a few of your wingers like Robben and SWP. Simao is good since he is an accomplised right midfielder and tracks back but i dont know if he will add anything special.

beachryan said:
Hehe, well dodged, Henry was only one of a long list of names in that post... :p

LOL! Yeh, i think the henry one was the one that annoyed me though.

I don't think anybody knows whats going on with obi mikel, not even the kid himself!

And the rio thing was never proven, so we'll never know, unlike the ashley coel saga, but i guess if that happened, then the rio one prob did too.

I do agree it is all a bit suspect.

I dont have any blue tinted specs, im actually the one who sits on the fence in discussions cos i look at both sides. i don't like the way chelsea are going about things, but i dont believe that it is all true.
I think its the same with any team on top, as soon as you are there, people try to bring you down, ask any arsenal or united fan.

I just think everything gets hyped around chelsea because of the money and because they are at the top of the english game.

Yeh chelsea are not perfect, who is? i just think people should not always believe what the media says.

One of the things that bugs me is that Chelsea could do without the things that fans hate them for cuz with the money they have, they dont need to hijack players, buy 6-7 wingers and strikers and midfielders, and they dont need to whine even though they still win the title.

I think its that feeling that they want more and more and being greedy that people hate the most.

One of the things that bugs me is that Chelsea could do without the things that fans hate them for cuz with the money they have, they dont need to hijack players, buy 6-7 wingers and strikers and midfielders, and they dont need to whine even though they still win the title.

I think its that feeling that they want more and more and being greedy that people hate the most.

i actually agree with the greedy statement.

I havent been able to think what it is about chelsea that i didnt like and i think it is that theyr being greedy now. But we always have been, even back in the day when ken bates was chairman, i always thought we were abit greedy buying players we didnt need.....i.e petit, bogarde.<----who turned out to be the best bench warmer the world has ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom