Chelsea Thread

Personally i think this could almost be as bad as losing terry or lampard. Gallas has been so important even before terry. He is awesome and severely underrated IMO.

yes, agreed, i can understand his perspective. Good Luck to him if he does sign away. I think he should stay for a champions league push for 1 more season :P ... ah well...he would partner alessandro nesta if he goes ac milan, or puyol at Barca..pretty good combo.

There have been strong rumors about Sheva to Chelsea, I want this move to happen, since it would bring in good money, and his form is dipping due to his age.

We've also been linked with Henry if Sheva leaves.... or even Torres.

roman and sheva, have good relationship apparently, sooner or later this move was going to materialize, however still too soon, as it comes from berlusconi, and sheva could have a change of mind and heart.
But I think he will be a big addition, a great player in Champions League, precisely what Chelsea need, a clinical striker...but hes 29 , he got a good 2 - 3 years in him, as players get older they pickup alot more injuries..Chelsea need to consider that.

Last edited:
WoW from a classy atmosphere to the Bridge...he won`t be happy.I seen Milan`s Hitech-training center,and there Christmas/NewYear parties(Top Notch)Hollywood stuff

Our training facility is a one of a kind, its called Milan Lab and is run by scientists... Robben was treated there a few months ago as a favour by Milan in return for the free Crespo loan.

Milanista said:
There have been strong rumors about Sheva to Chelsea, I want this move to happen, since it would bring in good money, and his form is dipping due to his age.

We've also been linked with Henry if Sheva leaves.... or even Torres.

I don't think Henry will move back to Italy, Spain is the only place I think he would move to. I still wouldnt say Milan would be better off selling Shevchenko.

RuneEdge said:
Send Rooney down there. As a thank you, you can keep Fletcher.

Why don't you throw Miller in also. ;)

Last edited:
Reports suggest we have tabled a 'hefty' bid for Carlos Tevez. From what i've seen of him, looks like a great signing. And Ballack almost completed i think.

Gordon bennett....Shevy, Ballack and now Tevez - how much is Abrahmovich looking to spend this summer!?

Mourinho is right....it truly is the worst managerial job in football. With the squad and money, you don't get much credit as you are expected to win the competitions every year anyway. If you do something amazing, people will only talk about the money spent(!)

Last edited:
Its true to some extent, but if Tevez is as good as they make him out to be (i've not seen him much) and you add ballack, shevchenko and who knows who else this summer to a team that's alreday not so bad, then what else should you expect them to do, lost to boro ;)?

rockykabir said:
Gordon bennett....Shevy, Ballack and now Tevez - how much is Abrahmovich looking to spend this summer!?

Mourinho is right....it truly is the worst managerial job in football. With the squad and money, you don't get much credit as you are expected to win the competitions every year anyway. If you do something amazing, people will only talk about the money spent(!)
But as good as his managerial skills are, how much of it would you actually need if you have that much money? Even Ranieri did well, he just didnt win the title because thats almost become a minimum requirement.

And I wouldnt really say this is the worst managerial job in football, cuz at the end of the day, he has a say in who they buy. I mean, if they hadnt bought someone like SWP or Essien, they probably still would have won the title and Mourinho would have got more credit for it. I mean, if he buys both Tevez and Shevchenko and keeps Drogba and Crespo, people are obviously gonna talk about money.
Lets be honest here. Chelsea are currently good enough to retain the title again with just Shevchenko alone, but they plan on buying 2 strikers, a midfielder and also a left back.

Last edited:
Get rid of Drogba?
So 16 Chelsea goals and 11 Premiership assists (which is more assists than any other premiership player) isn't enough?
Let's not forget he got that scoring record despite being away at the African Cup of Nations and also being rested once we'd won the League so he'd be fresh for the World Cup.
Conclusion: Drogba is far more important for Chelsea than Crespo. Fact.

Milanista said:
I agree, I'm actually a fan of Drogba even though he does some very dramatic actions. Hes a powerful target man.
I'm at every home game, so I see everything he does.
People don't realise just how hard he works for the team, he has a truly massive workrate.

thanks for the pics...
yes drogba has had a fairly good season, he took off to a flying start..
hes a teamplayer...

ballack and chelsea it will be made official tommorow. I read somewhere Guddy could end up leaving.

Back
Top Bottom