Chelsea Thread

just saw player of the year(gerrard)totally deserved altought i would have chosen Rooney;)
but i was wondering what maké has to do for at least be in the list?I think he has been a better player this year than lamps and it is the most important player in Chelsea squad

ALAIN said:
just saw player of the year(gerrard)totally deserved altought i would have chosen Rooney;)
but i was wondering what maké has to do for at least be in the list?I think he has been a better player this year than lamps and it is the most important player in Chelsea squad
to be on the list,1st be british.They threw henry name there on accident to cover the race issue:lol:

makelele won't get it because he doesn't score goals. think back over the premiership and Roy Keane should have got it a lot more, but the flair players and goalscorers are what people want

beboquintero said:
to be on the list,1st be british.They threw henry name there on accident to cover the race issue:lol:

yeah i think your 're right,the same with young player of the year (cissoko??)

ALAIN said:
yeah i think your 're right,the same with young player of the year (cissoko??)

Erm, you're not serious are you?

If offered the chance to sign either Wayne Rooney or Sissoko you'd choose...?

And Makele doesn't deserve player of the year regardless of his position. His contribution is undoubtedly important, but the way Chelsea play is completely suited to helping him out, and he's surrounded by great players making his life easier. Gerrard/Rooney practically had to pick their teams up by the scruff of the neck all the way through past year, single handedly helping them win matches.

beachryan said:
And Makele doesn't deserve player of the year regardless of his position. His contribution is undoubtedly important, but the way Chelsea play is completely suited to helping him out, and he's surrounded by great players making his life easier.
You're joking right?
I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder, so I'd imagine I've seen the team in action plenty more than you and I think it's ridiculous to say that Makelele is being carried in any way shape or form.
Him and Gallas have been our best players this season, period.

mcwildcard said:
You're joking right?
I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder, so I'd imagine I've seen the team in action plenty more than you and I think it's ridiculous to say that Makelele is being carried in any way shape or form.
Him and Gallas have been our best players this season, period.

So if you were to judge his contribution into the team's success in a direct comparison to that of Gerrard, you think that Makelele contributes more? Because in the end that is what the award is for. I'm not disputing that he is a great player, probably the best in his position in the world, but for all the qualities that a Gerrard brings - leadership, playmaking, goals, teamwork - he is a far better choice for an individual 'player of the year' than makelele.

beachryan said:
So if you were to judge his contribution into the team's success in a direct comparison to that of Gerrard, you think that Makelele contributes more? Because in the end that is what the award is for. I'm not disputing that he is a great player, probably the best in his position in the world, but for all the qualities that a Gerrard brings - leadership, playmaking, goals, teamwork - he is a far better choice for an individual 'player of the year' than makelele.
I don't dispute that Gerrard is a better candidate for player of the year (although I don't think he should of won anyway, but that's irrelevant), what I was pulling you up on is your suggestion that Makelele is only as good as he is because the team is build around him. Recent performances in the 4-4-2(ish) formation show that he is still outstanding, even when the formation doesn't entirely suit him.
For the record, I'd say Rooney or Henry deserved player of the year more than Gerrard.

beachryan said:
Erm, you're not serious are you?

If offered the chance to sign either Wayne Rooney or Sissoko you'd choose...?

And Makele doesn't deserve player of the year regardless of his position. His contribution is undoubtedly important, but the way Chelsea play is completely suited to helping him out, and he's surrounded by great players making his life easier. Gerrard/Rooney practically had to pick their teams up by the scruff of the neck all the way through past year, single handedly helping them win matches.

i was talking about being at least in the list;) and of course i would prefer to sign rooney

ALAIN said:
i was talking about being at least in the list;) and of course i would prefer to sign rooney

Oh alright, phew, I was concerned ;)!

Out of interest, does the Chelsea reserve team do alright in that league? I never hear anything about it.

Rooney and Henry have been more consistent throughout the season imo,so one of them should have won it, and they both have done some special goals and performances. When the nominations were displayed on sky and the reasons for picking the players, Gerrards reason was cuz of how important he was fro Liverpool's champions League compaign, which was last season. So imo it doesnt justify him winning PFA. Its not like he has been outstounding this season,liverpool are third for goodness sake and havnt produce any breathtaking matches with gerrard doing something special which i can remember.

Alucard said:
Rooney and Henry have been more consistent throughout the season imo,so one of them should have won it, and they both have done some special goals and performances. When the nominations were displayed on sky and the reasons for picking the players, Gerrards reason was cuz of how important he was fro Liverpool's champions League compaign, which was last season. So imo it doesnt justify him winning PFA. Its not like he has been outstounding this season,liverpool are third for goodness sake and havnt produce any breathtaking matches with gerrard doing something special which i can remember.

Only reason Rooney didn't win it is because they figure he'll win it soon enough anyway. I'm sure it's all politcs.

beachryan said:
Only reason Rooney didn't win it is because they figure he'll win it soon enough anyway. I'm sure it's all politcs.

I think they gave it to gerrard plainly to acknowlegde him, after putting england back on the map in european champions league. Young PFA to rooney was consolation for that very reason, they had to even it out and make it look good.

Alucard said:
Indeed, Gerrard won it because he led his team to play 45mins of astonishing football. Player of the year shouldn't be awarded on the basis of 45 mins out of a whole season.

Totally agree about what you said mates!!!:applause: rooney for me would have been a better choice he showed how strong he is both in big games and against"small teams"unlike gerrard i don't remember when he did a great game against chelsea,man u or arsenal so except his great permormance against milan this year i really don't know why he has been rewarded

So who reckons this season's final home game will be as enjoyable as last years?

"Have you ever seen Maka score a goal?...
dscf02788nl.jpg

...YES WE HAVE!!"
\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

nice goals cole, carvalho just thumped it :)

STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS! back to back...what a year...

hopefully rooney & terry get better, sorry to see that.

good on the ref for not carding Cole for taking his shirt off. he'd have got a second yellow.
Well done anyway. Hopefully we can make it a bit harder next year. (oo er missus)

Well done. pk9 said it best. Chelsea's aggressive "win at all costs" (and I mean ALL costs;)) attitude is paying off.

But you are starting to lose grip on that cup...

Back
Top Bottom